• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I do not like Mars

he was three-stocking me during warmup and i inally landed a b-air and yelled and ****.

to the pros in my pool: you are pro

Galeon is so chill, and

Pink? No, man, you ***** me good. I got lucky that first match. We'll play a few next time, you are too chill.

Tommy G is ****....i can't believe i lost the one where i was three-stocking you...if i would have won that won i would've had enough to get thru...w/e, camp to win, you know? Sorry for making you nervous, lol.

Xyz is nastee....like dguy

LOL AT ACTION B@STARD ALMOST BEATING ICEKID!!!

I failed WATO... my bad, i'll do SO much better next time, plus i found a really good, big venue to hold a tournament the week of my birthday.

fenrir = cecil

hbox = speaker

rx - i love you man, no hard thoughts. MK is my new fox, don't worry about me.

To the 120 that i missed - I'm sorry if i johned or got mad at you after a match. You are all sooooo good at brawl, i love you all, keep up the good work and my tournament should happen during the middle of June:

B R A W L B O X

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If anyone who knows me and QDVS is wondering:

I cannot beat QDVS.

We play all the time and I try my hardest, and I cannot beat him.

I cannot beat his Snake, his Pikachu, or his Marth.

I am sure if he played any other characters I would still lose.

That is because he is smart, and he actually plans his attacks instead of fvcking jumping straight into my tornado all the time like everyone else.

Galeon, Bane, and Loto are all smart enough to do this. They don't have trouble with Meta Knight (not mine at least).

Everyone needs to spend some time learning what hits MK out of tornado, and where it's best to hit the tornado if you can't run away in time.

And speaking of Loto, any kirby players who have trouble vs meta knight should ask him for advice.

And ALSO speaking of Loto, I need to get your number so we can play some more.

TORNADO IS NOT AS BROKEN AS PEOPLE MAKE IT SOUND!!!! <3 <3 <3

jflanden

Smash Rookie
Are there any videos at all online of Danny, guy who split 1st place with RX-, playing as Pit?

Loto

Smash Ace
If anyone who knows me and QDVS is wondering:

I cannot beat QDVS.

We play all the time and I try my hardest, and I cannot beat him.

I cannot beat his Snake, his Pikachu, or his Marth.

I am sure if he played any other characters I would still lose.

That is because he is smart, and he actually plans his attacks instead of fvcking jumping straight into my tornado all the time like everyone else.

Galeon, Bane, and Loto are all smart enough to do this. They don't have trouble with Meta Knight (not mine at least).

Everyone needs to spend some time learning what hits MK out of tornado, and where it's best to hit the tornado if you can't run away in time.

And speaking of Loto, any kirby players who have trouble vs meta knight should ask him for advice.

And ALSO speaking of Loto, I need to get your number so we can play some more.

TORNADO IS NOT AS BROKEN AS PEOPLE MAKE IT SOUND!!!! <3 <3 <3
Yeah bro hit me up sometime. 386-627-3672 or 386-864-7746. Ask for Steven if someone else picks up.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about Metaknight strategies briefly...

If grenades and bananas stop Metaknight's forward momentum/tornado altogether, do turnips as well? Because that would be extremely useful to know for me, lol.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, just posting to give a thanks to Gigs and everyone who made it possible. **** was awesome for my first time and I'm really happy with my placement (9th in singles and 13th in doubles).

Shoutouts, sons!

C-PO: It was fun teaming with you, man. We ***** so hard without any practice. We'll get them next time! Thanks so much for the support throughout the whole thing. It really helped. Good **** making it out of pools and representing Jax. Team Rapeman Jenkins!!1 :laugh:

Garbanzo: Thanks for housing us, Alvin. It made things a lot easier for some of us and I was happy to finally play you after that long hiatus from high school.

Jesus: You made Hbox john about free-for-all friendlies... I never laughed so hard in my life... until I **** on Seibrik for the win! Keep practicing with us and you'll go far with that Pit!

AMR: Sorry I had to be the one of many to knock you out of pools, but only one of us could move on. :( Good luck next time and let's keep practicing. By the way, decide on a "main" already! :psycho:

Lukas: I heard you did terrible in teams. Quit sandbagging and you'll ****!

Team Snake Attack: Why didn't you guys do doubles or singles? WTF? Both of you could've went far... ;)

Actionb@stard: I was that Wario in your pool. Thanks for the shoutout. It means a lot because I started to lose faith in my Wario halfway through.

Seibrik: Our game was so ****ing funny! You needed to be less aggressive and instead worried more about that defense and diminishing returns. Your face at the end was so priceless! Good Kirby you've got there though. You ***** my Meta Knight! ;)

GameDragonX: It was fun chilling with you. I hope you fix that bird **** problem with your car. :( I'll see you next time and I'll be sure to get some friendlies in with you in singles and doubles.

Force: Same to you. Thanks for the compliments about my Wario.

Marin: Watching all those guys sandbag against you in your pool was hilarious. You've got a good Peach from what I saw though.

Afro Thunder: Good games, but you should be less arrogant and cocky. It'll do you some good and allow you to not john so hard before you even play.

J-son: I'm sorry you couldn't make it. Maybe next time?

Anyways, I can't wait until next Gigs! :colorful:

Linguini

Smash Master
They call me the Hiphopopotamus
My lyrics are bottomless
hey kid, I like your style.
Oh yeah Bane, our set was pretty fun man. Ive never played a GW before and your was pretty scary, the main reason i won the set was because in like 3 instances donkey punch(with super armor)> GW broken dsmash,haha
Rx is mad good ppl, stop whining, god put what he wanted into this game and we just gotta live with it.
in this case god is a japanese ***got named sakurai.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
shout outs to Loto and Fearless, had fun chatting with you guys again
Galeon - nice match, showed me a lot of stuff i never knew a lucas could do and hoping to play you again
Mooney - thanks for the rides man
Manko - thanks for the rides too and nice talking to you in person
Hiroshi - nice meeting you, didnt get to play but maybe we can at manko's or something
Xyz - you know what you did!
Tommy G - Your falco is sick man, nice stuff you showed me
Otru - nice meeting you, hoping to play you sometime and maybe chat it up some more

Oh and guys at my pool - nice matches you all were amazing, playing you guys made me learn a lot and i hope to improve on my mistakes and hopefully play another match where i dont look like an idiot half the time

skrach8

Smash Lord
good stuff to everyone who i played. fun matches. i had fun this tourny.

want to make a shout out to myself for being sick at this game.

shout out to sparks. our matches were fvckin beastly sick. i like ur style, no bans, no counterpicks all random nice.

smash gordon. i must admit u were one of the two people i had alot of fun playing in tourny. but how bout we not meet until finals, tru?

all of my sfl people and you know who you are..... emilio, pete, mike and crew u guys make me remember the melee scene.

good stuff.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Oh i forgot something else

Lol at n(ewbs) being surprised that marin (that peach girl as everyone knows her) was good

of course shes good she plays melee (an infinitely harder game) and ***** in it.

marin is the best brawl peach in florida ,thats right i said it. Sorry gingah its tru lol.
the only reason why she didnt annihilate everyone was because she plays one person (me)
She doesnt know how to play 95% of the characters in this game.

Within the next month she'll be rapin as i plan to play her with every single character and play as gay as possible. Which seems to be the direction we are moving in.

Laijin

Smash Hero
And Lajin stfu, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Did you even make it out of pools or even enter singles?
I was'nt even there for singles.
I had class.
School > Ridiculously long smash tournaments.

what wario's have you played, honestly? if they are only using dair to try to approach a kirby, they're stupid.
I've played lots of good warios. Reflex is the best Wario i've played so far. Of course you would'nt know who he is because florida smahsers don't go to tournaments in the south east outside of florida(With the exception of North Florida. I've seen Rice, Drummaboi, etc etc at tournaments).

Why is'nt there a results thread?

Galeon

Smash Ace
actually there is a results thread... has brackets of singles and doubles. check out the tourney results forum. i so don't feel like finding a link though so g'luck.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I actually had more fun at this tourney than I ever thought I'd have at a brawl tourney. Even with it going till 5-6 in the morning.

Colin wanna team again next tourney?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
shout outs to Loto and Fearless, had fun chatting with you guys again
Galeon - nice match, showed me a lot of stuff i never knew a lucas could do and hoping to play you again
Mooney - thanks for the rides man
Manko - thanks for the rides too and nice talking to you in person
Hiroshi - nice meeting you, didnt get to play but maybe we can at manko's or something
Xyz - you know what you did!
Tommy G - Your falco is sick man, nice stuff you showed me
Otru - nice meeting you, hoping to play you sometime and maybe chat it up some more

Oh and guys at my pool - nice matches you all were amazing, playing you guys made me learn a lot and i hope to improve on my mistakes and hopefully play another match where i dont look like an idiot half the time
no prob ;)

so thats the only shoutout I get? I see how it is. You all suck. >_>

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
This is the very first large tournament i went to for brawl, and I must say it was a very good experience to see how all you all play, and how i faired. I think im gonna continue to be in the tourny scene, and bring peach up there gg ( Marin you rock as well, lets bring peach to finals ;) ) Until next time, which is pretty soon i guess.. Ill be practicing , definitely need to find out how to work around metaknight ;) Hope to make it out of pools next time D:

im happy gigs is only 5 mins away from me ;]

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Oh i forgot something else

Lol at n(ewbs) being surprised that marin (that peach girl as everyone knows her) was good

of course shes good she plays melee (an infinitely harder game) and ***** in it.

marin is the best brawl peach in florida ,thats right i said it. Sorry gingah its tru lol.
the only reason why she didnt annihilate everyone was because she plays one person (me)
She doesnt know how to play 95% of the characters in this game.

Within the next month she'll be rapin as i plan to play her with every single character and play as gay as possible. Which seems to be the direction we are moving in.
It's all good, I never played Melee at all, so considering that, I think I play a pretty decent Peach, and also factoring in how MUCH I play, I don't think it'll be long before I get real good. I never saw her play so I don't know how much better than me she is. My boys are always all over me teaching me to do **** all day long, so, in time :D

Sighrax

Smash Lord
all of my sfl people and you know who you are..... emilio, pete, mike and crew u guys make me remember the melee scene.

good stuff.
yeah son it's always beastly seeing you :d

I was'nt even there for singles.
I've played lots of good warios. Reflex is the best Wario i've played so far. Of course you would'nt know who he is because florida smahsers don't go to tournaments in the south east outside of florida
Sorry I don't want to drive 8 hours just to get out of Florida to go to a smash tournament. Whatever man, I guess we'll see when we MM, unless you think Loto is bad for losing to me and Seibrik is bad for letting it get to last match last stock with me... whatever. lol.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
dude you're peach is really good, you're mad fast with her, mad close matches
I don't think I ever got to play you. This made me limp... :(

And h1roshi, when I say, "I need my console, I gotta go." That does not mean, "h1roshi, I like the idea of your pool playing 6 more matches which can be up to eight minutes long despite the fact I need sleep because I have to work in the morning." Don't be such a douche next time, I thought that was pretty ****ed up.

And I'd give shout outs, but only a few people other than Boosely, Crom, and whoever was playing under Raistlin's name as I played R.O.B, knew who I was here so, poo on all you.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Fenrir, i should have beaten your Ike (i wasn't thinking fast enough =p). Those back to back losses in pools sealed my fate =(

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
lol. Thanks...but i think that counts as a lucky guess. Keep reppin peach, as you are the best (and maybe only) peach in FL.
I gotta speak up... she's not the only Peach.
I'm lazy, so I picked up Peach in Brawl too... she's not much different from Melee.

wow Rx-...

i suck i didn't even make it out of pools

I missed pools by one point. geez...
Hup, me too. I had one less win than lobster, so he beat me out >.<
We'll have to step it up next time, Juan!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I gotta speak up... she's not the only Peach.
I'm lazy, so I picked up Peach in Brawl too... she's not much different from Melee.
I didn't think I was, but I never did see many Peach's, either. She's a fun character, you'll enjoy her just as much as I do...except in a non-girly, "pink hearts make everything better" sort of way.

Zoro

Smash Champion
It's all good, I never played Melee at all, so considering that, I think I play a pretty decent Peach, and also factoring in how MUCH I play, I don't think it'll be long before I get real good. I never saw her play so I don't know how much better than me she is. My boys are always all over me teaching me to do **** all day long, so, in time :D
haha tru

and having very good people to play with helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom