• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
a douche? wtf, i just wanted to hurry up and finish my pool. i dont see it as ****ed up. im sure you didnt die. and im used to working 13 hour shifts, getting 3 hours of sleep, going to school, getting half hour break and then going to another ten hour shift. so i figured you'd be able to cope with an extra 6 games. sorry though, i didnt think you were gonna die from that.

-hiro
So I should suffer because your ass didn't want to move, what, 10 feet, to a setup that was done? I informed you about it yet you seemed oblivious to the fact. Don't be such a prick next time and be considerate of those who bring their Wii's in. Just because you don't get sleep for your job, doesn't mean I am in a position to be sleep deprived in a job which requires me to be fully alert. I'm not going to suffer lack of sleep because you were being lazy.

All in all though, life will go on, I just want you to realize I didn't appreciate the way I was treated by you after putting my console out there, which I didn't have to bring at all. I hold no ill will toward you or anything, just be more considerate next time.

Everyone else, MistoFest is still on as far as I can see, so everyone keep me informed who is coming. That means you too h1roshi. ;)

Umby

Smash Master
Lajin:

Steps to becoming a notable huming being you must follow.

Step 1: Find a fire.

Step 2: Burn in it.

Step 3: Post.
With the assumption that you consider yourself a notable "human" being we further assume that you like to find fires and burn in them.

Since I would like to find you notable I would suggest you do as such!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
No offense raef, but I left that tournament early because I was late to my own party and for what? store credit? i took my $60 in credit and left rather than doing 2 more best 3 out of 5 matches for another hour wait.
Hello random guy who wants to teach me how to use turnips O__O
I think I'm pretty good with them. Spam turnips all day long, in every direction...sounds about right lol

Raistlin

Smash Lord
ROFL @ WATO greatness

Misto, calm your nuts.

IF you're gonna bring a wii

like many of us have already done

you have to people finish their pool

or almost all of it at least

its like giving people a cake

but no fork
Dude, if he's gotta leave, he's gotta leave. I don't see the problem here.

Edit: And why the hell were we BOTH up this early?

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Hello random guy who wants to teach me how to use turnips O__O
I think I'm pretty good with them. Spam turnips all day long, in every direction...sounds about right lol
Closed-minded people can stay in the dark.. It's now about pulling them out, its about how.

EDIT: Oh ya, I could tell you how to double your turnip damage for each one, but you're not interested.

Zoro

Smash Champion
ROFL @ WATO greatness

Misto, calm your nuts.

but no fork
I actually think alot of people do that
no one gives them a hard time

it was super late dude i would understand if it was still really early but it was like 1 am.
Also its his wii if he wants to leave he can just unplug everyone take it and leave.
He didnt have to bring it and not respecting the fact that its his will just make him not want to bring it for the next one. Thats one less setup for us. He doesnt have to do anything.
If your mom was telling you you had to go home early im pretty sure youd unplug that **** in like 2 seconds.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I don't see why this is even an argument.

His wii his rules, simple as that really. There seem to be only a few people that hated that fact and my guess is they were in that pool, heck someone had to take their wii from my pool (mighta been misto) and all we had to do was get the wii from the station next to us that no one was playing, and that was like a 3 minute job.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Honestly. Why would anyone wanna watch brawl videos?
Thats about as entertaining as watching a match of Mortal Kombat Advanced.
Well..maybe that would be even more entertaining. :\
i dunno. I find brawl videos entertaining, but in more of a funny way in how someone dies rather than the actual fighting, and you may see one small thing you never thought of doing with your character. For example, i discovered something minute while watching a diddy video yesterday, and i plan to use it from now on

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I just want to see how other people play, and I'm interested to see these MK Spammers so I can look for a way to break em.

Gindler

Smash Champion
We should never change it from 3 stocks to 2, leaves less room for an awesome comeback if you SD once at the beginning.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
laijin, i had to do a kirby ditto in bracktes. GAY!!!!

to misto - i went to the other tv and i asked them if there m atch was a friendly and they told me no, it was tournament. i am assuming they were from another pool, and they were using it too help them finish theirs. or, they were lieing to me. but i did go and check. and i'm sorry, i didnt even see it as that big of a deal. i guess, its cuz im used to always letting people finish up their games on my gamecube when melee was here. i'd just wait. so i'm used to it. even an extra half hour isnt going to really affect my sleep schedule. but i guess your different. " a job where you have to be fully alert". im not sure what you do, but i mean, i kinda have to be alert as well. im a manager, i kinda have to watch over the whole store/crew. but w/e, next time i'll just give it to you ok. so still bring it next time. i dont want to be one wii short cuz of this.

-hiro

Gindler

Smash Champion
Geez H1roshi you're a manager at like what 20? (average age of brawlers i think, just guessing) that's incredible.

On a lighter note: yes please bring the wii again, don't want the next tourney going any slower than this one did.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Geez H1roshi you're a manager at like what 20? (average age of brawlers i think, just guessing) that's incredible.

On a lighter note: yes please bring the wii again, don't want the next tourney going any slower than this one did.
Hes 19 lol

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
laijin, i had to do a kirby ditto in bracktes. GAY!!!!

to misto - i went to the other tv and i asked them if there m atch was a friendly and they told me no, it was tournament. i am assuming they were from another pool, and they were using it too help them finish theirs. or, they were lieing to me. but i did go and check. and i'm sorry, i didnt even see it as that big of a deal. i guess, its cuz im used to always letting people finish up their games on my gamecube when melee was here. i'd just wait. so i'm used to it. even an extra half hour isnt going to really affect my sleep schedule. but i guess your different. " a job where you have to be fully alert". im not sure what you do, but i mean, i kinda have to be alert as well. im a manager, i kinda have to watch over the whole store/crew. but w/e, next time i'll just give it to you ok. so still bring it next time. i dont want to be one wii short cuz of this.

-hiro
You went to the wrong one. The one I pointed to was all the way in the back. It was the setup my pool just finished using. None the less, I shouldn't have expected any kind of resistance at all anyways. And once again, I'm not holding any ill will, just saying you need to be more considerate of people who bring in their Wii's.

And don't worry guys, I'm not gonna let one bad incident ruin it for me. I'll still be bringing in my Wii provided said incident doesn't happen often.

StripesOrBars, that's really not necessary, I said I held no ill will towards him.

hungrybox, I don't have to do anything I don't want to. If I got to leave, I've got to leave. It's not my fault Gigabits took forever to get started.

Regardless, I want to put this behind me. We've got better things to do, like you guys getting owned by me in the next Gigs. ;)

Gindler

Smash Champion
I know right, I mean if he was taking someone else's then you could burn him at the stake. But it was HIS, it's all resolved now I believe.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I've been in pools at MUCH LARGER tournaments where people had to leave during pools. We just finished our match and the person took their gamecube. Then we WAITED for another tv.
If I was Misto Roboto, i'd be like "**** you guys. Im taking my ****".

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Zorak, I never even said that. I said you don't know anything about the way I play now, but you want to improve it. I didn't say I wasn't interested, or no, or anything like that, but if you want to jump to conclusions and be mildly pretentious about the whole idea anyways... The games been out for 2 months-ish, god forbid we try to learn it at our own pace.

Don't worry guy, give it time and I'll be beating you with or without magical training :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Zorak, I never even said that. I said you don't know anything about the way I play now, but you want to improve it. I didn't say I wasn't interested, or no, or anything like that, but if you want to jump to conclusions and be mildly pretentious about the whole idea anyways... The games been out for 2 months-ish, god forbid we try to learn it at our own pace.

Don't worry guy, give it time and I'll be beating you with or without magical training :D
training with zoro huh?

I look at zoro's avatar, and i think you two are doing some hyperbaulic time chamber bull**** training, gonna come out with your hair always yellow and standing up

Vijin

Smash Ace
ROFL @ WATO greatness

Misto, calm your nuts.

but no fork
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in awhile.
This guy was generous enough to bring a wii so you guys can play on it; keep in mind, it's a lot harder to get a wii than it is to get a gamecube. This guy brings it in for you guys, and when he has to leave and tries to take his wii with him, what do you guys do? You tell him that he is in the wrong? Get out of here with that noise.
Yeah, Hiroshi works a tough schedule and lacks sleep, etc. But that doesn't matter! Not in the slightest. Roboto could have an even tighter schedule than Hiroshi, or maybe not. But it doesn't matter! He could have had to leave for work, a family emergency, or simply because he didn't feel like staying. Who the h*ll are you guys to tell him that he has to stay an extra half hour just so you guys could finish up your pool?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
training with zoro huh?

I look at zoro's avatar, and i think you two are doing some hyperbaulic time chamber bull**** training, gonna come out with your hair always yellow and standing up
Not Zoro silly! Zorakbane! lol

He just took my post in the wrong tone, I didn't mean it so "nah I'm too good already", whoopsies.

Unintentional sass from my end.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in awhile.
This guy was generous enough to bring a wii so you guys can play on it; keep in mind, it's a lot harder to get a wii than it is to get a gamecube. This guy brings it in for you guys, and when he has to leave and tries to take his wii with him, what do you guys do? You tell him that he is in the wrong? Get out of here with that noise.
Yeah, Hiroshi works a tough schedule and lacks sleep, etc. But that doesn't matter! Not in the slightest. Roboto could have an even tighter schedule than Hiroshi, or maybe not. But it doesn't matter! He could have had to leave for work, a family emergency, or simply because he didn't feel like staying. Who the h*ll are you guys to tell him that he has to stay an extra half hour just so you guys could finish up your pool?
I'm sayin he should know that its gonna take a while

i appreciate him bringing it and i understand that he has to leave

i would have brought mine but i knew that i wouldn't be able to stay much past 12

hell, i left my tv at the tournament since i had to go :laugh:

if he didn't have any friends at gigs, then for sure let him take his wii

i would have left mine because i knew WATO would bring it back if i had to.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm sayin he should know that its gonna take a while

i appreciate him bringing it and i understand that he has to leave

i would have brought mine but i knew that i wouldn't be able to stay much past 12

hell, i left my tv at the tournament since i had to go :laugh:

if he didn't have any friends at gigs, then for sure let him take his wii

i would have left mine because i knew WATO would bring it back if i had to.
He should not have to understand it would take awhile.
Its his wii. He can take it whenever he wants. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom