• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Seibrik. The only "bad" match ups Kirby have that just makes it completely unfair for Kirby would be Snake, Metaknight, Zelda and Toon Link. Those are by far Kirby's hardest match ups and are almost the most impossible to win against. The ones your claiming, Ike and Wario? Seriously man? Those are one of his easiest match ups easily.

I dont see how Ike has any good match ups. Sure he kills super easily, but thats only if your stupid enough to get hit by him. His fasted moves are his AAA and you have to be close to him. He is also super easy to combo. Just grab spam and you won. Oh. Did I mention how easy it is to kill him while he is off the ledge? Yea..Kirby wins by far.

Wario? Really man? You must really suck playing against Wario. The only move you really have to watch out for is his dair. But besides that, you won the match. Its an incredbly easy match too(The only easier match up would be Wolf). Honestly, I dont see why anyone would play Wario seriously. He fails so hard compared to other characters. Especially against Kirby. He is forced to always recovery from above the ledge cause other wise one d-air from Kirby = instant death.

You must be playing some really bad Marths if you think Kirby's math up against him is that easy. How does Kirby out space Marth? He does'nt. The only advantage here Kirby is able to gimp him pretty easy(D-air to footstool) or just b-air him. Grab spamming works here too.

Link? LOL. AUTO WIN.

Metaknight: Kirby loses. He is almost impossible to gimp. All of his smashes come out really fast. All of his moves come out really fast. He just an unstoppable beast against Kirby. Pick up Snake for this match up :O

Lucas: Yea. Your actually right about this one. Its pretty even and its pretty hard to gay him. Just follow his second jump when he is recovering and b-air him. Approach with shield grab when he spams PK Fire. Yea..even match up.

Pikachu: He can easily hard to play against if you dont know what your doing. Sorry, ESam has a good Pikachu, but i've played better Pikachus. Kirby can easily get destroyed in this match up if you dont know what your doing.

Other ones you did'nt mention:
Yoshi: Impossible to edgeguard because of super armor. Is able to kill Kirby pretty easily and combo as well. Ahhhh...dead even match up.

Pokemon Trainer: Dead even as well

Easy Kirby Match ups:
All heavy characters. Kirby can 0-40 chain grab Wolf, Fox and Falco. Its almost gaurenteed every single time. And if they dont DI correctly, that can become 0-60 easily. And if your good at chase grabbing, that can go to 0-death easily.

Anyways. So we both agree Hiroshi does'nt respect Kirby enough.
And I agree to myself that your Kirby needs to work on your match ups Seibrik. Cause honestly..Ike and Wario? Hardest match ups? Really man?

Edit: GW is gay too. He is up there with Snake, Zelda and Metaknight. But its even match up for Kirby

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I <3 Meta Knight dittos.

Thank you everyone who sticks up for me!!!!

I still respect everyone who hates me.

Sighrax is too good!!
you know i dont hate you right? i hate the fact that you followed through with the statement "Yeah i'll probably play gay against you too because I want to win". ;_; we'll find ways to make the matchup more even. how did you honestly feel about my sheik? i've played her for only like 3 days.

Seibrik.

Wario? Really man? You must really suck playing against Wario. The only move you really have to watch out for is his dair. But besides that, you won the match. Its an incredbly easy match too(The only easier match up would be Wolf). Honestly, I dont see why anyone would play Wario seriously. He fails so hard compared to other characters. Especially against Kirby. He is forced to always recovery from above the ledge cause other wise one d-air from Kirby = instant death.

Elllllllll ohhhhhh ellllllllll you must have never played a wario that knows what they're doing, scrubbles. play mine and we'll see if dair's the only good move he has.

Seibrik: I think Kirby's a tough match for wario because he has more moves that can space/multihit aerials. All I've got are fair/dair/fsmash/dsmash/uair and waftin. still, you're the only kirby i've played before that tournament and that was in friendlies so... :D character inexperience is ****** me more than anything i think :(

my crew: DK/Samus-Luigi/PT-Jigglypuff/Peach/Falco
my face: :urg:

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
Man that tourney was soooooo long lol.

Me and Raef did real well in doubles but in singles i was tied with xYz and H5 for 3rd and 4th place and i didnt make it out =/

Raef - We did awsome in doubles somewhere in top 10.
Gall - Got u guys both times in doubles, but u did good in singles we were 1-1 wish i coulda had that 3rd game with you.
Hiro - Same thing with you only got to play u twice 1-1 wish i coulda played the third one but my ride was leavin so i had to gtfo lol.
Icekid - Everytime someone would talk to you, you would just nod then go right back to sleep haha.
CLBL - U got us in doubles, wish we coulda played some friendlies in singles... and you 4 stock ***** me in melee O_O
Gee - Man i never once got to play you, i wanted to see ur toonlink lol.
Hbox - Dude, u get so pissed when u lose =/ wish we coulda played 3 cuz we went 1-1.
Deezl - Haha noob =)

Good matches with everyone, and all you guys should come out to Darkside's tourney this weekend 26th wOOt!

Btw... the kid who was crying when he lost... Get a life please? lol

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
You pretty much ***** my Wario. I want a rematch MM next time though. I'll get Kirby practice somewhere...

Elllllllll ohhhhhh ellllllllll you must have never played a wario that knows what they're doing, scrubbles. play mine and we'll see if dair's the only good move he has.
I like to think I know what I'm doing, and even though I have next to no Kirby experience, it seemed liked a tough match.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
You pretty much ***** my Wario. I want a rematch MM next time though. I'll get Kirby practice somewhere...

I like to think I know what I'm doing, and even though I have next to no Kirby experience, it seemed liked a tough match.
from what i saw, i play a highly innovative wario, ask seibrik, i did a 58% combo to him in about 2 seconds.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
True. The few matches I've seen of your Wario were pretty fun to watch. So maybe your style's better against Kirby. Either way, I think the match is in Kirby's favor.

Loto

Smash Ace
you know i dont hate you right? i hate the fact that you followed through with the statement "Yeah i'll probably play gay against you too because I want to win". ;_; we'll find ways to make the matchup more even. how did you honestly feel about my sheik? i've played her for only like 3 days.

Seibrik: I think Kirby's a tough match for wario because he has more moves that can space/multihit aerials. All I've got are fair/dair/fsmash/dsmash/uair and waftin. still, you're the only kirby i've played before that tournament and that was in friendlies so... :D character inexperience is ****** me more than anything i think :(

my crew: DK/Samus-Luigi/PT-Jigglypuff/Peach/Falco
my face: :urg:
You forgot about our match which was the one right before you playing Seibick, lol. It was really fun and close as well. ;p

Sighrax

Smash Lord
You forgot about our match which was the one right before you playing Seibrick, lol. It was really fun and close as well. ;p
yeah i meant his is the only one i played before the tournament in general. we did have close matches but they lasted tooo long :/

SheerMadness

Smash Master
How did this turn into a Kirby matchup thread?

Anyway I honestly don't think Kirby has a clear disadvantage against any character. Everybody who plays Kirby is going to be worse/better in certain matchups. And if you can't figure out a matchup watch a Kirby who's good vs that character.

Laijin

Smash Hero
y

I've played some really good Warios. So thats not true at all. Like I said before, d-air is about the only move anyone needs to worry about when playing against Wario. His f-smash, d-smash are rather pointless. Especially his d-smash. He spins on the ground for like 10 secconds.

We'll MM next time.

Sure. We'll MM.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Well, I amde it out to my first Gigs. lol. Pretty cool. Ted, good matches man. Ike-Ike fights are the best. lol. xYz, I wanted to play your Ike cause everyone says that you are really good with him. Maybe next time. Hopefully next time I will get to play people other than fellow HOSTESS! members. lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I was looking at the tourney calender, and if Gigs didn't want to be gay and intrude on any other tourneys, it would seem that the next one would have to be like on 5/10, or even 5/17 since Jewish Holocaust Oven III is 3-4 hours away from gigs, so its far away enough to not be considered an intrusion

then again, so many people like gigs that they could put the tourney on any day they wanted and pretty much ruin any tourney that weekend. Just dont make it on 5/31 please...

Zoro

Smash Champion
Disregard this post if the only words you know are "No Johns"

omg arrogance is so annoying (im talkin about the noob that think he owns bane)

i should try to act all wise and honorable by telling you that character johns are lame and you need to learn how to play this game.

IM NOT HOWEVER as i never have and i john every tournament lol. I take back my dedede johns / snake johns and i turn them in for mk johns.

The only people that dont john are

1. Metaknights
2.Noobs
3.Cool people

Im not cool so i can john

Rx is the coolest kid in our matches he didnt tornado spam and he still ***** me
if u dont tornado spam you would still ****
so why tornado?

Its not fun
Its not fun to play
Its not fun to play against

Meta shouldnt be banned thats ******** I have no problem with meta.
Yes i realize everyone has jumped onto the no johns bandwagon but pleez guys we are better than this. My 2 year old cousin can b spam.

Im not saying that its unbeatable
Its just ********
You fight through hours and hours of matches and you get close to winning and you lose
..to tornado spam..I played about 100000 matches (exaggeration) with a mk and peach in teams. Me and marin had more trouble with the b spammer than ANY other match and that was just a friendly. The entire time i was trying to find ways out, cant airdodge, cant roll, cant spot dodge, you cant sheild because it depletes it by the time the tornado is done, NONE of my attacks had more priority,projectiles did nothing , i even tried the toon links chain , marin tried her toad and even if she got it the tornado was faster than toad. We literally just HAD to take the damage and follow up after it. There was no way out. There might be certain characters that can counter act it but WHAT IF YOU DONT PLAY ANOTHER CHARACTER? I guess your just ****ed! Everyones just going to call you a johner because you want to lose to a team that actually deserves the win and you want to lose with a character you actually play. I like playing brawl competitively its alot of fun until i see something not only ridiculously easy to do but ridiculously hard to counter.

Now im a noob so i dont understand this game at all so please tell me does toon link have a way of not being hit by tornado spam? I just cant figure it out. I DONT want to play another character. I dont play other characters nor do i want to why should i have to! I played link in melee and the majority of my matchups were not in my favor. If i played a sheik I didnt change I found ways to fight it. I can beat them not not every time but i have a good idea how to play them. So if i have to change my main in brawl to beat someone that is just simply ********.

Thats just my opinion
Im honest i dont expect anyone to agree.
People are just saying whats on their mind theres no need to act all superior.

"I dont find this tactic gay at all...im obviously a better human being!"
No johns is like the word whatever to me now.
Whatever just means you lost an argument.

as in like
"your dumb"-marin
"whatever"-zoro

now im going to try and use no johns instead
"your dumb"
"no johns"

IT WORKS

This is the epitome of gay tactic and 90% of the people that go through it know this. When vericz saw rx play in teams he sat down and started playing friendlies and started tornado spamming, immediately afterwards 50 million people starting talking **** about him even though he had never tornado spammed in his life. People naturally will ****in hate this move.

Galeon

Smash Ace
I understand that it's annoying but what would you have the metas do? Sandbag so that you have more fun? This tourney was for money. What happens if you go out of state and fight other metas in a serious tourney match? You think they're gonna take it easy on you/not abuse things that are giving you trouble?

Just because its not fun to play against doesn't mean they should stop. Consider it a learning experience and beat it next time. You know what to look for.

Finch

Smash Lord
It's been a long time since I played a good metaknight (hard knocks) but I went pretty **** even with cassanova in our matches. IIRC arrows stop the tornado. If that doesn't work the thing that no one seems to know is that MK is vulnerable from above while tornadoing. I have rested him out of it by falling into the center. I'm sure if you dair or drop a bomb on him it will stop it. I honestly think Toon Link goes even or slightly beats MK if you use projectiles correctly.

Or I'm completely wrong, but I thought at HK I had an answer for it.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I understand that it's annoying but what would you have the metas do? Sandbag so that you have more fun? This tourney was for money. What happens if you go out of state and fight other metas in a serious tourney match? You think they're gonna take it easy on you/not abuse things that are giving you trouble?

Just because its not fun to play against doesn't mean they should stop. Consider it a learning experience and beat it next time. You know what to look for.
Tru

It's been a long time since I played a good metaknight (hard knocks) but I went pretty **** even with cassanova in our matches. IIRC arrows stop the tornado. If that doesn't work the thing that no one seems to know is that MK is vulnerable from above while tornadoing. I have rested him out of it by falling into the center. I'm sure if you dair or drop a bomb on him it will stop it. I honestly think Toon Link goes even or slightly beats MK if you use projectiles correctly.

Or I'm completely wrong, but I thought at HK I had an answer for it.
Ill try that
thanks for the tips

i suppose nothing can be done but to learn what to do against it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
suprisingly enough, me throwing a banana at him stops the tornado, plus it looks pretty funny to get faced by a banana. I dont remember if the meta fell to the ground and tripped though. I'd have to test that later, but i do know he stopped spinning

btw, if any of you ever see me in a tourney match and im not playing diddy kong, please tell me to play diddy kong immediately. I have a tendency lately to stray away from my true main (diddy kong) and play game and watch (my secondary) a very large amount, forgetting that im overall better with diddy. Something about the turtle just keeps making me play GW when i need to be playing diddy. Like when i played fenrir's ike with my GW. WTF was i thinking. To me thats a terrible matchup, but I did it anyway

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
OMG, the amount of Johns and scrub talk coming from people is rididculous.

If you lose, you lose.

If you get owned by something gay, you lose.

END OF STORY NO JOHNS YOU FVCKIN F@GS.

And Lajin stfu, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Did you even make it out of pools or even enter singles?

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I've played some really good Warios. So thats not true at all. Like I said before, d-air is about the only move anyone needs to worry about when playing against Wario. His f-smash, d-smash are rather pointless. Especially his d-smash. He spins on the ground for like 10 secconds.

We'll MM next time.

Sure. We'll MM.
what wario's have you played, honestly? if they are only using dair to try to approach a kirby, they're stupid.

Zoro

Smash Champion
OHhhh

I forgot some shoutouts

bane- best g+w ive played i am horrible against g n w so that i was utterly destroyed. ggs gah
sheer and colin- i forgot we played in teams. Our matches were amazingly close I really ****ed up with that down smash! lol good games

vericz

Smash Champion
I DID PLAY PT, YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN WATCH MY MATCHES :(

And to mars-I know you are good but that was messed up how you tried to DQ ppl by time. Splinter(Dop) got DQd because of your "hes not here start the clock" and NO ONE knew the match was even called. He came back a few minutes later to find out he was DQd. Next time ask someone to announce it again because apparently everyone else did not even hear that match called.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Shoutouts are coming....promise...

I hope you don't mind me stealing your quote, hiro...I had to do it.

Zoro

Smash Champion

And to mars-I know you are good but that was messed up how you tried to DQ ppl by time. Splinter(Dop) got DQd because of your "hes not here start the clock" and NO ONE knew the match was even called. He came back a few minutes later to find out he was DQd. Next time ask someone to announce it again because apparently everyone else did not even hear that match called.
WOW mars cmon thats so ****ed up

Galeon

Smash Ace
OMG, the amount of Johns and scrub talk coming from people is rididculous.

If you lose, you lose.

If you get owned by something gay, you lose.

END OF STORY NO JOHNS YOU FVCKIN F@GS.

And Lajin stfu, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Did you even make it out of pools or even enter singles?
weren't you the guy that was complaining and *****ing after the first zp tourney cause you got camped nasty?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Disregard this post if the only words you know are "No Johns"

omg arrogance is so annoying (im talkin about the noob that think he owns bane)

i should try to act all wise and honorable by telling you that character johns are lame and you need to learn how to play this game.

IM NOT HOWEVER as i never have and i john every tournament lol. I take back my dedede johns / snake johns and i turn them in for mk johns.

The only people that dont john are

1. Metaknights
2.Noobs
3.Cool people

Im not cool so i can john

Rx is the coolest kid in our matches he didnt tornado spam and he still ***** me
if u dont tornado spam you would still ****
so why tornado?

Its not fun
Its not fun to play
Its not fun to play against

Meta shouldnt be banned thats ******** I have no problem with meta.
Yes i realize everyone has jumped onto the no johns bandwagon but pleez guys we are better than this. My 2 year old cousin can b spam.

Im not saying that its unbeatable
Its just ********
You fight through hours and hours of matches and you get close to winning and you lose
..to tornado spam..I played about 100000 matches (exaggeration) with a mk and peach in teams. Me and marin had more trouble with the b spammer than ANY other match and that was just a friendly. The entire time i was trying to find ways out, cant airdodge, cant roll, cant spot dodge, you cant sheild because it depletes it by the time the tornado is done, NONE of my attacks had more priority,projectiles did nothing , i even tried the toon links chain , marin tried her toad and even if she got it the tornado was faster than toad. We literally just HAD to take the damage and follow up after it. There was no way out. There might be certain characters that can counter act it but WHAT IF YOU DONT PLAY ANOTHER CHARACTER? I guess your just ****ed! Everyones just going to call you a johner because you want to lose to a team that actually deserves the win and you want to lose with a character you actually play. I like playing brawl competitively its alot of fun until i see something not only ridiculously easy to do but ridiculously hard to counter.

Now im a noob so i dont understand this game at all so please tell me does toon link have a way of not being hit by tornado spam? I just cant figure it out. I DONT want to play another character. I dont play other characters nor do i want to why should i have to! I played link in melee and the majority of my matchups were not in my favor. If i played a sheik I didnt change I found ways to fight it. I can beat them not not every time but i have a good idea how to play them. So if i have to change my main in brawl to beat someone that is just simply ********.

Thats just my opinion
Im honest i dont expect anyone to agree.
People are just saying whats on their mind theres no need to act all superior.

"I dont find this tactic gay at all...im obviously a better human being!"
No johns is like the word whatever to me now.
Whatever just means you lost an argument.

as in like
"your dumb"-marin
"whatever"-zoro

now im going to try and use no johns instead
"your dumb"
"no johns"

IT WORKS

This is the epitome of gay tactic and 90% of the people that go through it know this. When vericz saw rx play in teams he sat down and started playing friendlies and started tornado spamming, immediately afterwards 50 million people starting talking **** about him even though he had never tornado spammed in his life. People naturally will ****in hate this move.
You tell em Zoro!

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master

It's understandable at a yugioh or magic tourney, but at a smash tourney? no

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
weren't you the guy that was complaining and *****ing after the first zp tourney cause you got camped nasty?
Um, no.

Definitely not.

If there is one guy who does not complain when he loses a match it's me son.

I'm not some scrub who trys to demoralize people when I'm losing a match to someone or I lose to a dude.

Up until now I've only been camped by Tommy G(who butt ****ed me).

Galeon fail.

:)

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Apology

whoopdi-do man, who cares... GW dittos dont mean ****. you beat bane?? wow good job... I dont recall anyone getting on you for maining GW... as no one cares that you do. The fact is that GW got buff, and ppl want to play him now. No one wanted to main hin melee because well, he didn't hold up in tournament play.

Whats up with all these arrogant GW'ers popping outta no where, same shi!t is going on in the GW boards. pfft.
I'm not trying to be arrogant, so sorry if I sounded that way last post.
I just get defensive because I hate it when people think/assume a character is BAD until they see someone ****** using that character and then change their mind and want to PLAY that character. We've seen it with G&W, DK, Pit, Snake, & Metaknight.

I've won/placed in a few brawl tourneys and people say G&W sucks when I pick him, but if I win, I can't hear the end of how cheesy he is. Its annoying as hell.
Nobody at Gigs did it, just people at random tournys.
Guess its something I can't change so whatever, I guess I'll just play the game.

xYz: I saw your some of your G&W matches, you're pretty good, we should do G&W dittos some time. Friendly or MM.

Mankosuki
: You didn't offend me, I just got a little defensive, SORRY

And again, I do apolgize for that last post...

Hope you guys can make it out to my tourny on the 26th, thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom