• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Game & Watch Bandwagon

I would say also to pick up G&W to fight against metaknights, but I really dont want to see anymore of them popping around. The number of them is already growing at an alarming rate.

Where were you ***s using game and watch when melee was around?!?! >.>
Man, I've BEEN using Game & Watch since Melee came out buddy. For Melee Link was my main, and Game & Watch was my second.

QDVS, you're now obligated to share the story of your name with everyone.

I think it's funny when these kids new to the scene find out what my name means. Then they actually get the joke to my tourney series.

Lots of people would BS with G&W but Bane was the only one crazy enough to make him a main.
Game & Watch IS my main in Brawl and my team eliminated you in doubles Manko while I was using him. I also mirror-matched Bane at the first Brawl tourny I hosted and two-stocked him in semis.

EVERY mirror-match I've had at every tourny I've won, so I think its safe to say I don't just BS with him, and I actually do know how to play G&W. I believe my team was top 10 in doubles at Gigs also.

So, yea...I didn't just jump on the G&W bandwagon when Brawl came out, although a lot of people have because he is a lot better in Brawl. I'm a veteran when it comes to G&W...

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Zoro: no love man? you and your girl ***** us in teams.. and i dont know how i beat your dk and not linguini's

Linguini: im glad i lost to someone other than ****ing metaknight very close match though
Dguy: close match, too close..

SheerMadness: I only got as far as i did because of your advice.
Grindler: if you wouldve beaten rx that first match you wouldve been my idol
Colbol: quit killing yourself!

Rx: $600 money match?
i dont hate you i hate metaknight in general.. and if he doesnt get banned ill have to swear to never lose to a metaknight again

Otru: why do i face you every tournament? i can play you any time :(

All the girls: you're all super cute, cant we let them play for free? its nice not having 160 guys

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cash: thanks for ruining the fun.

Raef: I was referring to Melee tourneys, which I've never seen you attend. Obviously people are playing G&W now that he's good. Apparently I offended you somehow?... (it's called a ditto btw)

I'll probably do shoutouts when I get back from my girlfriends.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Metaknight won't be banned. That's a hilarious idea...definitely not happening.

People just like complaining too much. so what's the "gay character" list up to now?

Metaknight
Snake
Pit
Falco
Olimar
Lucas
Diddy
ROB
etc etc etc

hahaha....yeeeeeeeah, people need to stop complaining and learn to get around these characters...or just jump on that ole bandwagon and play them.

Oh, and doesn't Mankosuki actually mean something along the lines of "I love *****"? I thought it did...

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Cash: thanks for ruining the fun.

Raef: I was referring to Melee tourneys, which I've never seen you attend. Obviously people are playing G&W now that he's good. Apparently I offended you somehow?... (it's called a ditto btw)

I'll probably do shoutouts when I get back from my girlfriends.
Sorry :( It was taking to long. =P

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master

People just like complaining too much. so what's the "gay character" list up to now?

Metaknight
Snake
Pit
Falco
Olimar
Lucas
Diddy
ROB
etc etc etc

hahaha....yeeeeeeeah, people need to stop complaining and learn to get around these characters...or just jump on that ole bandwagon and play them.
Soon yoshi will be the gay one

Frames

DI
Man, this tournament was awesome, good stuff John, you rock! I would've liked to have done better, but I just wasn't in the game that night, oh well.

As far as the whole metaknight johns go, i really think that John did as well as he did because he's a good player, not because he has a good character. A good character will make a player only so good; the player himself must be good in order to take that character even farther.

Also, random shoutout to PSP guy; I never got your name, and you never got mine, but if you ever read this, MEGA THANKS for helping me out with my PSP, I managed to get CFW this morning, and I couldn't have done it without your help in creating a Pandora's Battery (turns out the battery was fine all along, the memory stick was messed up).

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman

Metaknight
Snake
Pit
Falco
Olimar
Lucas
Diddy
ROB
etc etc etc
this seems completely biased, and only the first one needs to be banned otherwise next tournament will be 50% metaknight

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
this seems completely biased, and only the first one needs to be banned otherwise next tournament will be 50% metaknight
Theres no good reason to ban any of the characters. If you ban MK, then the next one down the line (Snake) will just seem that much better, and "require banning" as well. Just gotta man up, and learn to fight em

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
You mean Telek? that was me :p thanks for the ditto gah <3

Shoutouts:

Rx- Maaaan, this match. Flat out, I got owned in our rematch. I'm not really mad at you or your playstyle I guess but more mad that I couldn't find a counter to it in our final matches. I guess it's good that it happened now though so I can try to find a way around it. Either way, gg's man and enjoy that cash ^^ And if I had to lose to a meta like that, I'm glad that the guy who was playing it had such a good attitude. I promise I'll have an answer to it next tourney though.

Danny- FIUUUUU. You're still too good, probably the best in the state. Just glad we had some close matches. I'll get you one day. And I know you love those brinstar combos :)

Seibrik- Mmmmmmmmmm, Kirby comboes... good **** in teams and soz about the suicide in the last teams match. We'll get em next time.

Chaz- Bad luck. You'll wreck the next tourney though.

Tommy G- Why you always gotta show me up, Tommy G? I start doing well in pools with a very awesome record, 2-stocking and then you go and you start 3-stocking people. And that Hungrybox comeback was eeeeeepic.

H5- Nice Marth, fun pools matches. I so thought I had both of those matches lost near the end. You had a nice comeback in the second one too.

Pink- You took a match off me in pools, ggs. Hopefully I redeemed myself after the teams silliness.

Hungrybox- I camped your face =/. So sorry about that. As DDD, you're kinda gonna have to expect it though. I picked up the camping heavier on Lylat though cause the slants on that stage made just about everything shieldgrabbable. I owe you a battlefield/smashville friendly with no pk fire abuse.

Other people whose names I can't remember but I played- GGs, especially that other Lucas player and that Fox who almost made a huge comeback in tourney.

Linguini

Smash Master
Well, this tourney taught me alot about this game,and you will be playing a completely different linguini at the next tournament. DK is madddd fun though.
SHOUTOUTS

Blockstunnnasssss-
Mattfro-dude your the ****, thanks for everything, the drive home, and the ride to gigs.FAMMMMMMM!
Icekid- good times dude,dont quit, just adapt,same for afro,this game is bout adaptin

Nexus:
Sly-always good chilling with you,HE BLEW MY MIND,haha
ryan-DK pride baby, good stuff in tourney bro you gotta switch up your char against falco, its just how it has to be.
mike-**** son! beasted my *** in teams, i put up my sheild and next second im getting ****ign deep trhoated by wario
kerry-****mmmmm, it was sweet seeing u again, our insightful conversations are always pretty enlightening.
pete-haha ****ign d3, ur soo annoying in every game you play, rofl
TNT-
louis-RUN THAT BACK SON, fun matches,def a chill dude
joetrueeee-**** falco on final d! your falcos mad good, keep it up
xyz-i saw ur melee falcon owning it up, **** sooooon
colin-dude, you like my long lost brother.lol
andy-well, i ended up doing what i always do at brawl tournies.playign melee, haha
aasem-your omnipresent, i swear everytime someone makes a funny, i see like a fading image of you in my peripherals laughing,stop spacing out.
Others:
exarch-melee is too good, glad you can make it to my tournament
seibrik-thanks meng
danny-your a beast, the fackign shield!
chaz-good matches, sweet marth
angry lobsta-cool dude right here,you mario is sexy, hope to see you at my tourney.

GG's to every1 i played.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Man, I've BEEN using Game & Watch since Melee came out buddy. For Melee Link was my main, and Game & Watch was my second.
nah, im not talking about you. im talking about the people who dont even like G&W but starts to play him only because he can do good in this game. I dont think any of those people post on smashboards (or at least not in the regional section. Im sure they're all over the GW Character thread), but i see alot of the ***s in tourneys, especially doubles.

i already cant wait until the next gigs tourney. I need a date to look forward to!

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Sighrax: good set, great set, crazy ****. Stupid sheild :p
word, pretty close stuff, i was having way too much fun playing though due to crew cheering/delirium
mike-**** son! beasted my *** in teams, i put up my sheild and next second im getting ****ign deep trhoated by wario.
lolol word to that and old videos of dancing in xif's house. ggs.

uhhh as far as Rx- is concerned I just don't understand why you would play a character like that. don't get me wrong, i know the game is new but people are just blowing up to the latest and gayest tactics/characters already. i was mad last night, i didnt even want to play our second match, but i guess thats what i get for having no MK practice. next time im just going to abuse superarmor.

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
What can I say. that was the best gigs I ever had. There alot of people that I have played and some that I have not. So...here all the shout out...hope I remeber everyone

Hiroshi: Don't give up man! your kirby is WAY too good.
Zorro: I din't lie D: it was a little white lie...but yea, next gigs I'll be able to be on WATO. :p
verics: WTF happen to your PT O_o; I haven't seen it the whole day...but your meta is sooo good...
Galeon: I can't complain much, this guy is the BEST Lucas in Florida...me being second best muahah...anyways, I learn a great deal of tactics with this guy. I still want to know about the PK thunder edge thing...Let me borrow 50 bucks >_>;
Ice Kid: Wooo...109 %...I almost got ya, but here always next time. Your Olimar is the bomb so I am going to make him second <3.
To the wolf Players in the Pool: ARRRGGHHHH!!! Come on! eating a poor little boy @_@ that was soooo mean...but at the end, I found away to beat them...good stuff though.
DGUY: You should gave me another chance of getting out of the pool @_@ I had that...lol your Lucario is too good man.
JP/Mars: good stuff, glad that you guys came out of pool.
HBox: I SWEAR I was about to faint when you din't made it out of pools...there always next time.
Sprinkles: woooo this yoshi is the best I ever played. We even ***** in teams...even though we were not. Remeber teh name of "Little boy and his pony" next gigs XP.
xYz: dude...I can't complain much, but me and him are like...give people the best falcon ditto ever seen in Florida. We need to make a vid man XP.
Money; You did good gah.
Kyon: good stuff gah.
linguini: What happen to our Ggah ditto D:?
AL: Is scary when Al doesn't awser his phone O_o:
RX: gah...I forgot to face you @_@.
and that guy who told that my lucas is nasty: Thanks for the confidence! :D.
purekorean: You where there?! O_o
angrylobster: What happen to our C.falcon/ness dittos D:?
Wario guy: Your wario is tooooooo goood!

to those whom I face but don't recall their name: keep up the good word gah!

I think that about everyone that I face...anyways...I'll have an arsenal of secondaries, third fourth and so forth...by the next gigs...so be ready folks, I am not giving up yet!

Sucks that din't went to Dennys like we always do. other than that, lates

-Telek

Gingerr

Smash Lord
All the girls: you're all super cute, cant we let them play for free? its nice not having 160 guys
Why yes, yes we can do that :D

I enjoyed this tournament even though it went on forever, but I mostly enjoyed bonding with people, along with Nexus crew spending more time with and getting to know Icekid better. I've known him for a while, he's a cool dude, and I'm glad everyone else can finally see it.

I didn't play so well, but I DID win 2 games, so that's good enough for me I suppose, har har.

Also lol at boys giving me funny looks like I was lost and didn't belong there.

p.s. Ryan Sparks get some sleep before the next tournament please and thanks.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
wow I'm glad I unregistered for singles seeing as it went on WAYY later than I every thought possible. If this happens all the time I might be reduced to doubles only...

Andy you need to stop training all these smash masters first shiz and now Rx

Meta is obviously autowin like fox was in melee this definately calls for a ban after all fox was banned in melee right? John you are too good =)

Darrel do I still get dinner even if you didn't win?

Michell sorry I didn't pull my own weight in teams >.<

PSP>Brawl eh frames?

Angry I wanna play you more your mario is fun to play against.

good stuff to all 130+ people that came to gigs proving brawl > melee =)

purekorean: You where there?! O_o
lol yea I left at 7 and before 4 ish I was outside escaping to the free world (too crowded)

Frames

DI
PSP>Brawl eh frames?
today...yes, so awesome now because i can finally play chrono cross on my PSP!

good stuff to all 130+ people that came to gigs proving brawl > melee =)
***** plz, melee > brawl, but brawl > melee in terms of $$$ and tourney size. So...i guess brawl > melee for now, lol

Also don't worry about tourney size, people will get discouraged and stop competing, tourney size will drop, length will decrease, yada yada yada.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
Wow so did RX win?? If so WTF.......

I love how when I played him in brackets he told me that I was a more talented player than he was, and thus was the reason he was spamming his up b.

Meta knight wont be banned but i dont want to see brawl turn into a meta-fest, as melee was a fox/falco fest.

I dont want to have to drop my sick *** wario just so i can play a character to get an easy win, so every1 who is johnning about meta will just have to figure out ways to get around him as I will....

I was the only player to give danny a loss in our pool, really proud of this- your pit is disgusting you are the most talented player in FL in my eyes.

Wish this didn't last so long, I wasn't exactly playing my hardest/best at 2:30am when I had a 2 hour drive ahead of me.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I started the Metaknight rage trend. Always hated him, always will. Boring character is boring, but then again I guess you don't care about those things when you're winning a lot of money to press up+B. Perhaps one of these days I'll stop playing a character I genuinely enjoy so that I can have a chance at advancing in a tournament.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, yeah. I got the I'm fighting gay now cause I'm afraid thing too. Rx is a good kid most people would go, duh I'm not spamming, but he admits to it and for that I give him the good kid award. Keep on pwning at tournies Rx (that's the pharmacy symbol :p)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Haha...no characters should be banned...get over it. Sheik DOMINATED the early days of melee...and she wasn't banned. Turns out, she wasn't the best after all.

The ever-so-popular MK tactic is very limited, as far as predictability is concerned...just learn to beat it and stop complaining. Seriously, character johns are getting really old. Remember, not every MK there did that well...Rx, who has been working hard on his MK for a long time with pro people around here, and Reno, one of the better melee players I ever played...certainly one of the top Samus players in FL (the best, imo, after Rohins...tied with Phanna)...are the two that placed top five...I don't see how that's just a broken character as the reason...otherwise, top 5 or so would all be MK, right?

This game is great, but some of the newer players are so immature. Seriously, everybody age a couple years and learn to deal with things.

Also, to Fearless....hahaha man, after like 5 mins, I was laughing about our match. my best loss ever. thanks for fun times, buddy. I'ma add you on wifi sometime later.

And GDX, I actually have no idea if it was a glitch that killed you or not. I know something happened, and you banana'ed instead of up-b, but I assumed it was input problems...I guess you'd know better than I. good set, though.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834

Game & Watch IS my main in Brawl and my team eliminated you in doubles Manko while I was using him. I also mirror-matched Bane at the first Brawl tourny I hosted and two-stocked him in semis.

EVERY mirror-match I've had at every tourny I've won, so I think its safe to say I don't just BS with him, and I actually do know how to play G&W. I believe my team was top 10 in doubles at Gigs also.

So, yea...I didn't just jump on the G&W bandwagon when Brawl came out, although a lot of people have because he is a lot better in Brawl. I'm a veteran when it comes to G&W...
whoopdi-do man, who cares... GW dittos dont mean ****. you beat bane?? wow good job... I dont recall anyone getting on you for maining GW... as no one cares that you do. The fact is that GW got buff, and ppl want to play him now. No one wanted to main hin melee because well, he didn't hold up in tournament play.

Whats up with all these arrogant GW'ers popping outta no where, same shi!t is going on in the GW boards. pfft.

Vijin

Smash Ace
DGUY: You should gave me another chance of getting out of the pool @_@ I had that...lol your Lucario is too good man.
Yeah, I'm sure Dguy would have loved screwing up the bracket and changing it around so one guy who actually deserved getting out of pools wouldn't make it out just so you could have gotten out. Lame.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I <3 Meta Knight dittos.

Thank you everyone who sticks up for me!!!!

I still respect everyone who hates me.

Sighrax is too good!!

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm sure Dguy would have loved screwing up the bracket and changing it around so one guy who actually deserved getting out of pools wouldn't make it out just so you could have gotten out. Lame.

That my friend is a contradiction...

OBJECTION!!!

As you can see on my post, I was joking around on account that I was such in a good mood. However, after getting 5th place I said "Not a bad run" cuz of my friendlies with both singles and doubles. Other than that, is all good.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Glad you guys had such an awesome time! I'll have the seeding points posted within the next couple of days for you all. We also have a couple of changes and we'll keep you guys posted shortly. Can't wait to see you guys at the next one! I had a hell of a time cleaning the store in the morning /cry.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Well, lets see how long before people figure out how to beat MK.

Cuz geez that character is good.

And so is Rx!

Why did you a$$ bags split the pot tho.

What a gay thing to do.

Smash for 24 hours then we get an unfinished bracket.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Also, people really need to relax, when you lose to someone who is spamming up b over and over again, you're the moron, not the MK.

Yeah it sucks to get owned by a MK that only does 1 attack.

But guess what, he just won 615 bucks.

Go back home and work on your sonics and gannon you fvckin idiots.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Also, people really need to relax, when you lose to someone who is spamming up b over and over again, you're the moron, not the MK.

Yeah it sucks to get owned by a MK that only does 1 attack.

But guess what, he just won 615 bucks.

Go back home and work on your sonics and gannon you fvckin idiots.
Nexus Crew is now Metaknight Crew. I want some money, too!

Also, I forgot this in my last posts: Props to everyone I played in my pool, you were all cool guys and real fun to play against. Ted and Loto especially, awesome guys. Sorry I couldn't take our match too seriously Ted (trust me, I know Ike > Peach in priority lol), but I REALLY had to go to the bathroom and Gigs was out of toilet paper x_x And that G&W player...blowin my mind, way to predict things I didn't even know I was going to do.

Loto

Smash Ace
Nexus Crew is now Metaknight Crew. I want some money, too!

Also, I forgot this in my last posts: Props to everyone I played in my pool, you were all cool guys and real fun to play against. Ted and Loto especially, awesome guys. Sorry I couldn't take our match too seriously Ted (trust me, I know Ike > Peach in priority lol), but I REALLY had to go to the bathroom and Gigs was out of toilet paper x_x And that G&W player...blowin my mind, way to predict things I didn't even know I was going to do.
Thanks I had a lot of fun in the pools as well and I've never really played a peach player. I'm thinking about using her some now after playing you. hahah.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Thank you Doodah, Darrell, DGuy and other people who understand why I played the way I did!:dizzy:

I dunno, I told Rx he should of not split it since he apparently beat Danny 3-1 in the first set (Rx coming from LB, Danny won WB)!!!

:colorful:
Ok, let me say something about the splitting.

I HATE splitting the title of First Place/Second Place.

I LIKE splitting the $$$$$.

We should have played out the second set to see who got what place.... but we didn't.

So all I can say is I'm sorry to people who wanted to see a clear 1st and 2nd, but you can just say whoever you like more between me and Danny got 1st, and the other one got second.

And that solves that problem.

One more thing I should add is that, for anyone who wanted to see the GRAND FINALS that didn't get to, they would have made you puke. Instead of spamming tornado to rack up damage, I was spamming it away from him to protect myself from arrows. When I got in close, I would be afraid to do B attacks because of the Mirror Shield so I would just flop around and Grab>Jab>Down Throw> Chase with Nair.

First Match was a neutral stage, and Danny 2 stocked me.

Second Match was Rainbow Cruise, Danny switched to Meta Knight and I won.

Third Match was Smashville(I think), slow match, I barely won.

Fourth Match was Frigate Orpheon, something weird happened here. I still don't fully understand:

Danny was arrowing from the ledge over and over, and I started collecting him from the ledge with tornado and bringing him back on the stage. He would retreat to the ledge and I would just gather him up and bring him back with the tornado. I'm not sure, but I think we both ACTUALLY went crazy and stopped playing smart, because of all the nervous tension and the lack of sleep, and all the other things. I started back-to-back tornados like I would do on a DeDeDe, and then all of a sudden the match was over and I won, and we were sort of looking at each other, and then we split the pot.

If anyone understood how tired we were, how ****ty we felt, how mindnumbing the situation was, they probably would also understand why we split and left without playing the second set.

My prediction(FLAME SHIELD ON): If we were to play the whole Grand Finals round again between me and Danny on another day when we were fresh, he would probably beat me.

When he's on his game, my Meta Knight sucks vs him.

But that night if we had played the second set, I think the odds were a total coinflip.

HOLY CRAP THE FIRE ALARM JUST WENT OFF IN MY BUILDING I HAVE TO GO ILL FINISH THIS LATER HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP>>>>>>!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom