• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/27/2008 - GIGABITS - A Winter Brawl

CO18

Smash Hero
Yo GDX, I'm not sure if I'll be able to team with you still sry man.

Ill let you know for sure tomorrow.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK vs Dedede is 60/40 or 55/45. MK does not win by enough for Dedede players to cry so much about him. Atomsk beats plenty of MKs in tourny with Dedede, including taking matches from Mew2King.

Dedede's worst match is probably Olimar, which is also is no worse than 60/40 imo.

CO18

Smash Hero
MK vs Dedede is 60/40 or 55/45. MK does not win by enough for Dedede players to cry so much about him. Atomsk beats plenty of MKs in tourny with Dedede, including taking matches from Mew2King.

Dedede's worst match is probably Olimar, which is also is no worse than 60/40 imo.
He took 1 match. Its 60:40.

I only lose to a few mk's but its just annoying as hell if they know the matchup really well.

Like redhal and seibrik now too but ive got something for both of them the next time we play ;)

Falco and pikachu are more annoying then olimar for me now. I do really good vs oli in comparison to other d3's

Falco and pika are more annoying cuz of theyre 0-60 cgs and ability to spam like hell, still manageable though just annoying, good thing ddd is heavy :)

CO18

Smash Hero
CO18 ***** the **** out out of me.

But not with DDD :):)
Oh yeah and RX- too. If we play at this gigs Im going d3 since I know how to handle nado now lol, im not gonna use mk anymore since i dislike him so much.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I finally bothered to read through this whole thread. So yay!

Me and this gay yoshi kid with a v@gina are gonna team for this, woot!

Master Raven

Smash Master
After playing several other decent DDDs and looking back on my matches with Seibrik, I've come to the conclusion I suck *** at the matchup and I just need to be gayer in order to win DDD.

I however do believe it MIGHT be possible that the matchup could sometimes be 55:45 MK depending on the circumstances. SOMETIMES. There's no doubt MK has the advantage but from my own observations it seems closer than some people may think... but this is just theoretical guessing. For now though I just got to work on the matchup better and rethink my strategies.

Now, Olimar?

I'm picking up Peach for Olimar. I'm sorry but I hate fighting that little ***got with MK. He would undoubtedly have the advantage over MK if he wasn't so easily gimpable.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah I might just alter between Wolf and Peach depending on the stage. Peach is really fun to use though and she's underepped in FL tourneys.

Edit:: HAHAHAHAHAHA @ Equi posting that on an Olimar main's account of all things.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Yeah I might just alter between Wolf and Peach depending on the stage. Peach is really fun to use though and she's underepped in FL tourneys.

Edit:: HAHAHAHAHAHA @ Equi posting that on an Olimar main's account of all things.
peach is not as awesome as melee version. although her d-air magically stops snake's mortar. if only sakurai gave her 2nd jump back, i'd main her at an instant

Master Raven

Smash Master
Peach has a second jump?

lol

They need to add Daisy with her own moveset just so I can have a redhead to use.

Equi

Smash Ace
Peach is definitely one of the more underated Brawl characters. Currently at the Louisville/Midwest tournament I've been going to (i'm on vacation) there's a really talented player named Rowan who places top 3. He's very skilled and is showing that Peach has tons of potential. She'll ascend the tier list as the metagame progresses, for sure.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Peach is definitely one of the more underated Brawl characters. Currently at the Louisville/Midwest tournament I've been going to (i'm on vacation) there's a really talented player named Rowan who places top 3. He's very skilled and is showing that Peach has tons of potential. She'll ascend the tier list as the metagame progresses, for sure.
Everyone in this game is hella underrated except Metaknight and Captain Falcon. Seriously. >_>

Anther ***** face in the midwest....yet nobody cares to pick up pikachu, even though he can beat/go even with all the high tiers.

By the time people found out Jiggs could **** face in Melee (Mango) it was too late because nobody had bothered developing his metagame. Tons of characters in brawl could also have that potential. So I realy hope people make an effort to prove it.

Equi

Smash Ace
Everyone in this game is hella underrated except Metaknight and Captain Falcon. Seriously. >_>

Anther ***** face in the midwest....yet nobody cares to pick up pikachu, even though he can beat/go even with all the high tiers.

By the time people found out Jiggs could **** face in Melee (Mango) it was too late because nobody had bothered developing his metagame. Tons of characters in brawl could also have that potential. So I realy hope people make an effort to prove it.
Sort of. But there's characters in Brawl that just suck period and aren't going anywhere.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Sort of. But there's characters in Brawl that just suck period and aren't going anywhere.
Im not saying their arent, but like who? Sure Captain falcon and ganon arent moving up on the tier list, but characters like Link, Ike and Bowser are hella underrated.

omg stop talking

like its the most complicated **** in the world
I like brawl, so I go into detail when I talk about it.

Dont hate.

Equi

Smash Ace
Im not saying their arent, but like who? Sure Captain falcon and ganon arent moving up on the tier list, but characters like Link, Ike and Bowser are hella underrated.

I like brawl, so I go into detail when I talk about it.

Dont hate.
Brawl is ****** awesome XD

CF and Ganon aren't. Bowser is underated.

Link and Ike? No just no. Ike's flawed recovery despite him being an average character, I don't see him going anywhere. And I don't really comprehend where you got Link from, but hey, explain.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Brawl is ****** awesome XD

CF and Ganon aren't. Bowser is underated.

Link and Ike? No just no. Ike's flawed recovery despite him being an average character, I don't see him going anywhere. And I don't really comprehend where you got Link from, but hey, explain.
Well link has a bad recovery as well, but besides that he's actually a really good character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaik3Efwdxw

Im just using this as an example. But Link is definelty underrated.

And sonic is HELLA underrated. Malcolm the sonic player beat Snakeees ZSS, Blackanese's MK and GaW, both two very good players. Watch the vids. They're something else.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Blackanese's MK looks like garbage.

>_>

Unless there other vids of his MK that'll impress me... his MK just didn't give off a very good impression to me when I saw Malcom's vids.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Blackanese's MK looks like garbage.

>_>

Unless there other vids of his MK that'll impress me... his MK just didn't give off a very good impression to me when I saw Malcom's vids.
I wasn't paying any attention to his MK (Malcolm was too ****) but supposedly he's a pretty high level player. At least good enough that he in theory shouldn't be losing to sonic. He got mindgamed really hard though. Malcolm is too good.

CO18

Smash Hero
Malcolm is amazing beating snakeee etc.
Everyones overrated imo.
Reflex won some tourney in ga with falcon.
Kosk shows alot of ganons potential etc. He can take some games off my d3.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
HRNUT, we're winning teams.

I just got done winning teams in MD/VA again.

With Azen and Chillin there and actually having to beat ChuDat and Forte and Snakeee and Shadow.

God I love teams.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I only got 9th in singles. Lost to Plank's MK with Snake (:( I almost threestocked him game one and then lost two close games in a row!) and then beat NEO and Chillin in losers only to lose to Snakeee's ZSS yet again lol.

I suck in singles. I'm definitely not winning singles in FL, lol.

Top Bottom