• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/27/2008 - GIGABITS - A Winter Brawl

CO18

Smash Hero
Everyone else says Dedede loses, lol.
Yeah, I know but im not sure how often its high level Dedede vs GaW or if theyre basing it off theory.

Me and Xyz were playing the other day and we both agreed it was in D3's advantage.
I just actually find it one of d3's easiest matchups against someone who can't be chaingrabbed.

this is the match vs hrnuts gaw i had if ur interested colbol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSqvoh-ImXk
I know he doesnt main main gaw so its not the best indicator but you can space out gaw really well with Ftilt and bair, then just grab for dmg and he dies early.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I hate G&W so much...

b-air spam
-->
smash kill at like 5%
=
:(

(im basing this off my like 2 or 3 friendlies with ryan on friday night lol)

CO18

Smash Hero
Game and Watch is too good in teams is the real statement lol. Like wayyy too good in teams.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Yeah, I know but im not sure how often its high level Dedede vs GaW or if theyre basing it off theory.

Me and Xyz were playing the other day and we both agreed it was in D3's advantage.
I just actually find it one of d3's easiest matchups against someone who can't be chaingrabbed.

this is the match vs hrnuts gaw i had if ur interested colbol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSqvoh-ImXk
I know he doesnt main main gaw so its not the best indicator but you can space out gaw really well with Ftilt and bair, then just grab for dmg and he dies early.
another example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIwBPwKQd4Y me vs seibrik in tourney match. spacing and patience was the point of the game. although in theory g&w ***** ddd. but nah...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Everyone else says Dedede loses, lol.
Dont listen to the hype. Brawls metagame hasn't gotten to the point where any matchup is set in stone.

In theory falco ***** Diddy but I've seen great falcos get ***** by diddy players because the diddys know the character. MK vs. GaW was even until M2K showed everyone what you can actually do in the matchup. Anyone who thinks D3 vs. MK is even doesn't know how to fight D3 (and I dont mean spam nado).

Sometimes you have to acknowledge that certain matchups will come up to individual players because at this point we don't know how good each character really is. Everyone is underrated in brawl.

although in theory g&w ***** ddd. but nah...
In theory, but how many D3s have as much experience vs. GaW as CO? Those who put down the matchup and acknowledge its bad have already lost by not trying new things. Wolf can **** Falco if CG to spike doesnt kill him because wolfs hand to hand fighting abilities are faster and have longer range than falcos. But everyone assumes its a **** matchup because falco can get a free stock with CG to spike + edgehog on ledge.

Just as thought.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I'm surprised that Red didn't mention that Wolf players just need to fight on platforms until they get to around 50% to avoid the CG to spike... You're behind the metagame. You must be bad.
LOL @ "metagame" LOGIC
:rolleyes:

Either way, some matchups are quite obvious on who the favor (like Wario against D3) and you have to acknowledge that. Nothing is unwinnable though... What are we talking about?

edit: Me and the real D3 are going to win (or not...)! I can't wait for this. :)

CO18

Smash Hero
I watched ANTI's Wolf Vs D1.

He had a pretty valid strategy and ended up winning.

He just rolled and spammed laser at the beginning of his stocks. So either D1 would reflect it and he would get hit or D1 would get hit by messing up his timing.

He did this until D1 would reflect his laser back until he was at like 40%ish range so he couldn't be chaingrabbed to spike meanwhile D1 took about 20% solely by mistiming.

It was purty effective.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
nevershootme (or 1-Up, or whoever you are D: ), you didn't respond to me asking you to be my teammate... ._.

nevershootme

Smash Master
nevershootme (or 1-Up, or whoever you are D: ), you didn't respond to me asking you to be my teammate... ._.
well originally i was gonna team with rx- since last gigs. but had to hold it off the next time since i couldn't come from that day. so now i haven't heard a word from him or even wanting to respond. if all else i'll just not do doubles at all

also. my username is tournaments is 8-bit. 1-up is another person which i recall who plays melee more than brawl. and I usually would like to team with people whom i met in person and as a friend. but sometimes i do put FIU people as priority to team with since we're a collective group of sorts

SheerMadness

Smash Master
ryan this has been a longstanding, secret issue i've had with you
it's "pretty"
Colin I heard you pritty much like frogs.

And I'm pritty much way better than you at melee.

But your fox is pritty cute.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, I guess I got the names mixed up. Sorry. :dizzy:

So, you're not going to be my partner? Aw... :(

I guess I still need a partner then. Any takers? >.> <.<

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that Red didn't mention that Wolf players just need to fight on platforms until they get to around 50% to avoid the CG to spike... You're behind the metagame. You must be bad.
LOL @ "metagame" LOGIC
:rolleyes:

Either way, some matchups are quite obvious on who the favor (like Wario against D3) and you have to acknowledge that. Nothing is unwinnable though... What are we talking about?

edit: Me and the real D3 are going to win (or not...)! I can't wait for this. :)
My bad you're right I didnt know that so I'm clearly not as good as North Florida down here in tampa lol.

Yeah everything here is true though. Wolf can outgay falco pretty easily if you know what works.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
pfft, you better be more worried about my monkey son.

AND imma learn falco just so when you pull that diddy stuff on me :laugh:

Zoro

Smash Champion
Nauseating indeed

I found my new main CHARIZARD!

charizard is the nastiest pokeman all the others suck.

Rocksmash alot

Top Bottom