• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/27/2008 - GIGABITS - A Winter Brawl

Leh

Smash Ace
BlazBlue is the ****, Taokaka is baller.
The game isnt really about wakeup mixups like Guilty Gear, more about ground Combos.
Its amazing.

I've been playing more guilty gear though.

nevershootme

Smash Master
CO18, I challange your d3 with my g&w (bit rusty but still managable) and ZSS (yes zss because i've taken the spirits of snakeee and claw to unleash my inner power using her), and perhaps olimar (though it's kept best secret after studying AndyG for awhile)

this is not a MM. but definitely worth putting on youtube and live stream. kinda bet all the advanced training from sonic ghost paid off...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
be warned....im not losing.

in teams or singles...

im just callin it.

Luigi/Snake/Olimar all the way with secret character in store!!!

I'm assuming I'll be able to catch a ride with you?

Also, I can't wait for this. Merry Christmas and a happy Cristmahanakwanzaka to you all.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sorry gmoneyx, but i wouldnt be able to supply you your much needed ride

i wanted to say that just so you know I havn't been ignoring your cries for help

i cant wait to play TvC at this.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I know how to fight Snake, MKs and D3's too. That doesn't mean they aren't hard matchups for kirby. Well actually I don't think D3 is very difficult.

Fact is that Kirby has a lot less room for error than Snake and Metaknight, doesn't matter who is playing the Kirby.

The amazing thing about Kirby is that he has a good enough moveset to beat any char in the game but nothing insanely broken/cheap. Which is why he is the only fun character in brawl.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I know how to fight Snake, MKs and D3's too. That doesn't mean they aren't hard matchups for kirby. Well actually I don't think D3 is very difficult.

Fact is that Kirby has a lot less room for error than Snake and Metaknight, doesn't matter who is playing the Kirby.

The amazing thing about Kirby is that he has a good enough moveset to beat any char in the game but nothing insanely broken/cheap. Which is why he is the only fun character in brawl.
I know, I used to main Kirby, I probably didnt say that the way I meant to. What I should've said, is based on tourney results, Chu hasn't had problems with Snakes/MK's up in MD/VA, and not that our MK's and Snakes arent good, but it wont be anything too interesting. I tend to type without thinking, please forgive me. -_-

I think a few characters are good enough to beat any character if you're good enough. Marth comes to mind.

Leh

Smash Ace

Ah Sheermadness you are one smart player.
I should talk to you more about smash.
Redhalberd still doesnt get it.

It would seem that Sheermadness understand just what "matchup knowledge" means and Redhalberd doesnt.

Knowing the matchup, even if you know it 100% doesnt guarentee you the win.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
It's cool, GDX. I'd really like to make this, but not if I'm gonna be stranded to chill with that hobo afterwards (as funny as he is)...

Can someone seriously help out with a ride back? It's Christmas time!
Or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or SOMETHING time, if you're into those sort of things (what weird words to spell)...
;)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ah Sheermadness you are one smart player.
I should talk to you more about smash.
Redhalberd still doesnt get it.

It would seem that Sheermadness understand just what "matchup knowledge" means and Redhalberd doesnt.

Knowing the matchup, even if you know it 100% doesnt guarentee you the win.
I understand that. Like I said I just didn't say what I meant to say. XD

Ur such a meanie afro.

Leh

Smash Ace
I'm not a meanie, it may seem like im mad alot, but in reality i usually just say the first thing that comes to my mind. And i express my opinion openly, whether people like it or not (i try to do it intelligently, but i dont always).

Not tryin to sound like a badguy either, its just how i am.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm not a meanie, it may seem like im mad alot, but in reality i usually just say the first thing that comes to my mind. And i express my opinion openly, whether people like it or not (i try to do it intelligently, but i dont always).

Not tryin to sound like a badguy either, its just how i am.
lol me too.

nevershootme said:
ZSS (yes zss because i've taken the spirits of snakeee and claw to unleash my inner power using her)
Keep that bitch away from me.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I have a million tricks to fight MK as G&W and I've an enormous amount of experience in with that matchup. Yet it still is heard as fvck against people that main MK.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah...I won't be making this...instead of staying a day later, like i wanted so I can go to this, we're leaving a day earlier, on Friday =(.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
BARELY my ***, i almost 2stocked you. With me ONLY forward smashing the entire last stock on Castle siege.
And Rusty? T his is brawl, there is no rust. Theres no technical skill required for anyone to be "rusty". Dont forget i rarely play brawl at all.

Funny that you think that -->wario<-- wont be a problem for you after fighting reflex. Me and reflex's wario play extremely different.

Go ahead and play the "gayest of gay". I have no problem beating any gay strategies with wario.
stop being dumb afro i had you at your last stock and you were at around 80% camping (waiting for the fart) on castle seige i hit you with a nuetral air but the second hit didnt connect if it had you would have died you said it your **** self now stop acting like you forgot, i dont care if think you and reflex play differently you use the exact same moves the exact same way, different my ***..........anyways i'm gonna enjoy this gigs win or lose, hopefully afro doesnt run into seibrik...and hopefully i dont run into afro, those are the gayest fights ever...i'd much rather fight seibrik and i'm pretty sure afro would much rather fight me, and you can and do get rusty when your character requires spacing, unlike you i cant ftilt or Dair my way to victory with marth, he takes a little more skill than some of the roster

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hope I can make it, have to go to orlando anyway. Get ready, new MK on the block?

Hey, guys, I hope everyone is having a good Christmas eve!

I'm still looking for a ride back to Tavares after Gigs (or I can't go). Can anyone help me out? I will pay for the extra gas I put on your trip and a little extra for your troubles (and the holidays). Thanks.
Tavares?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Hope I can make it, have to go to orlando anyway. Get ready, new MK on the block?

Tavares?
looking at google maps, it's above apopka. looks like a long distance away from gigs. but who am i to judge distance anyways

Brawl is serious business...

:colorful:
any movie is serious business since no matter what, Clint Eastwood is gonna make a movie (and he already did) and it's gonna get an oscar at an instant...

Zoro

Smash Champion
Seriously though noob

my charizard is disgusting i will MM any one if they let me change back to charizard everytime i die.

I give people a free stock just by having to switch

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
CO18 five bucks on my Olimar?

I'm pretty sure you're the one who knocked me out of Loser's back at Arcade, but I think I'm ready to test my luck again :dizzy:

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
any movie is serious business since no matter what, Clint Eastwood is gonna make a movie (and he already did) and it's gonna get an oscar at an instant...
I saw the previews for Gran Turino, and... getting of his lawn is serious business. That's the entire movie, Clint Eastwood being an old man and telling kids to get of his lawn with his shotgun.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I saw the previews for Gran Turino, and... getting of his lawn is serious business. That's the entire movie, Clint Eastwood being an old man and telling kids to get of his lawn with his shotgun.
That thread in your sig is pretty epic. I went through half of it, didnt understand it, and realized it was epic.

Who was renth?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Who was renth?
Well, I've only heard stories, but the legends say he is a great man of great skill, who even has the power to control the King of Evil. All those who see him quake with fear, and bow out of humble respect...If they wish to live.

CO18

Smash Hero
CO18 five bucks on my Olimar?

I'm pretty sure you're the one who knocked me out of Loser's back at Arcade, but I think I'm ready to test my luck again :dizzy:
XD yeah. Sure Ill mm you. Your olimar was pretty beastly.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I was Renth once.....
Well, I've only heard stories, but the legends say he is a great man of great skill, who even has the power to control the King of Evil. All those who see him quake with fear, and bow out of humble respect...If they wish to live.
Renth was one of the first order of the creation of General Lime's Pizza Backwards. He helped make it possible by demanding we have Chinese food or else.
0_0 Im in Awe.

Im not worthy to be in the presence of anyone who was once Renth.

*bows down*

Master Raven

Smash Master
People who emphasize heavily on matchups make me rage. The only time I feel you need to CP is if the matchup is at least 30/70 at your disadvantage. Anything below is fine by me. Just imagine what people with mid and lower tier characters have to go through. I was originally gonna CP against Olimar not too long ago but I think I'll just try to practice the matchup with MK.

The real reason I play lots of characters anyways is 'cause Azen and NinjaLink inspired me. I still "main" MK and I use DK for certain matchups in tourney too, but eventually I wanna use a lot of other characters as well, and it'll especially help in teams. :p

</random rant>

OverLade

Smash Hero
People who emphasize heavily on matchups make me rage. The only time I feel you need to CP is if the matchup is at least 30/70 at your disadvantage. Anything below is fine by me. Just imagine what people with mid and lower tier characters have to go through. I was originally gonna CP against Olimar not too long ago but I think I'll just try to practice the matchup with MK.

The real reason I play lots of characters anyways is 'cause Azen and NinjaLink inspired me. I still "main" MK and I use DK for certain matchups in tourney too, but eventually I wanna use a lot of other characters as well, and it'll especially help in teams. :p

</random rant>
I play a lot of characters because it's just boring not too. And it opens your eyes to a lot of things your opponent must be thinking.

I know it's really obvious, but just yesterday I realized that some characters are always going to have to take a long time to fight with. Maining MK from the beggining, I've been used to short matches, and was sorta uncomfortable with anything stretching 5 minutes plus. After playing Zamus and Diddy all last night, I became more patient, because you're not always going to be able to score quick kills.

It also helps anticipating attacks because you know what moves to expect when, and how to DI them. If people didn't know about snakes Utilt, they'd always be prepared to DI a forward tilt and they wouldn't live the extra 15%.

Edit:

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Top Bottom