• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/13/2008 - GIGABITS - All I want for Xmas is Another Melee

nevershootme

Smash Master
oh i got tatsunoko vs capcom today so im bringing that to gigs

my setup will be mostly melee, but if it gets slow and people wanna break for some TvC, then it'll be cool! mm, tru?
oh god****it. I wanna play that ****... unless there's arcade sticks or classic controllers, i'd be down if i can come with seibrik... if all else fails lets play iidx lololol

Loto

Smash Ace
Wtf, apparently I work 6-9 today....stupidest shift ever. I'm gonna try to get someone to take it from me.

If not tho then I can't come.

And if I come I'll bring my mtg deck and **** some peeps up. ;)

Loto

Smash Ace
My deck used to be standard legal but I doubt all of the cards are anymore. It might be tho. It was made for only 50-60 bucks for over 200 cards. so a couple might be banned but it's all good hiro, this is all for fun anyway. ;p

Frames

DI
oh god****it. I wanna play that ****... unless there's arcade sticks or classic controllers, i'd be down if i can come with seibrik... if all else fails lets play iidx lololol
unfortunately i aint got no sticks

there's only 4 buttons though so it's not really that much of a problem anyway

oh and rx u would **** me cept there's no samurai pizza cat after all :(

oh and i reaaaaly wanna play iidx haha bring a KOC or whatever and anything from 12th style up

mr. lobstah - yes i play lotsa fighters, i just don't have any sticks so i never practice that much, but yea i got pretty much every fighter on the DC lol and of course u are welcome to play TvC

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd be down for one of these, if we could get at least 4 people to also be down.

Everyone buys a sealed deck and uses it exactly how it is, and we could just do it like a round robin.

Everyone plays everyone else twice and the first person to win it all wins it all.

We could actually even do it at my place during the last half of singles.

I'm sure singles wont last longer than 7-8. So even if we did it from 7/8 - 10/11, or some times like that, it would probably work out fine.

I'm sure we could get 6-8 people who would be willing to do this!

soooo

12/13 MTG Sealed Deck Tournament at 8PM(ish) at Rx's place. Purchased deck must remain unaltered? No Cheating.

Sounds good?

Also, this is only happening if enough people actually want it to happen. I'm not hosting a 3-man MTG tournament.

Let me know if you are still down at 6 or 7PM during this Gigs, and I will make a list there and see if it's worth doing.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im down for this if i get knocked out of the tourney early

The way sealed deck works is each player buys a tournament pack and two boosters and makes a deck of at least 40 cards. But in my opinion it would be better if we did a draft since its cheaper (3 boosters per player which is about $9) and its just as fun!! Winner keeps all the cards opened in the draft! tru?

Zoro

Smash Champion
il team with u box but only if u dont find anyone else

i dont like being told the morning of that u r now teaming with chops or some ****

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
im down for this if i get knocked out of the tourney early

The way sealed deck works is each player buys a tournament pack and two boosters and makes a deck of at least 40 cards. But in my opinion it would be better if we did a draft since its cheaper (3 boosters per player which is about $9) and its just as fun!! Winner keeps all the cards opened in the draft! tru?
Draft or sealed works I guess. I'd rather do sealed though

I'd be down for one of these, if we could get at least 4 people to also be down.

Everyone buys a sealed deck and uses it exactly how it is, and we could just do it like a round robin.

Everyone plays everyone else twice and the first person to win it all wins it all.

We could actually even do it at my place during the last half of singles.

I'm sure singles wont last longer than 7-8. So even if we did it from 7/8 - 10/11, or some times like that, it would probably work out fine.

I'm sure we could get 6-8 people who would be willing to do this!

soooo

12/13 MTG Sealed Deck Tournament at 8PM(ish) at Rx's place. Purchased deck must remain unaltered? No Cheating.

Sounds good?

Also, this is only happening if enough people actually want it to happen. I'm not hosting a 3-man MTG tournament.

Let me know if you are still down at 6 or 7PM during this Gigs, and I will make a list there and see if it's worth doing.
yeah of course. Can we do rav block though? Its definitely the best limited set lol I'll go buy it tomorrow(the sealed stuff)

And as far as the tourney goes, just do goldpicking lol

lol, lets do it son. We'll grab sealed's from walmart or something. ;)
Walmart doesn't have tourney decks.

someone should teach me how to be pro at building decks, I get wrecked when my friends and I do drafts.
You know the basics for sealed right? I can show you what stuff to do as far as sealed go, but its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Drafting is even easier imo.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I had no idea so many smashers in FL played mtg lol

sealed deck MM's plz :D
Please tell me you're not doing shards sealed. I love the set, but GOD does it suck balls for sealed play. Stupid branching bolt.

Walmart doesn't have tourney decks.
You can just run it with 5 boosters if someone can bring basic lands along since it's not sanctioned. Basically the same mix of cards.

Also, why the hell did you guys wait till after I left florida to start playing magic? Bunch of *****es you are, that's what's up.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Please tell me you're not doing shards sealed. I love the set, but GOD does it suck balls for sealed play. Stupid branching bolt.

You can just run it with 5 boosters if someone can bring basic lands along since it's not sanctioned. Basically the same mix of cards.

Also, why the hell did you guys wait till after I left florida to start playing magic? Bunch of *****es you are, that's what's up.
QFT

So you agree with me that we need to do rav block right?

because rav is easily the best limited set within the past 5 years.

yeah well I'd rather just do a draft rather than the 5 boosters thing.

I know, mad gay but oh well. I didn't even knew these people played either. Come back for just gigs! :D

Pritch

Smash Lord
Can't (can't make worlds either, which also sucks). I have an exam on thursday that I can't get moved, and a gig saturday night. So I won't even be leaving new orleans still sunday or monday.

I actually never played ravnica block limited, as I didn't really get into limited play till time spiral. Though I have heard from multiple sources that it's an awesome set for it.

Man, I haven't drafted all semester. NO ONE plays limited in new orleans, it's ridiculous. I even have a cube, which people can draft out of for free and lets you draft totally ridiculous decks made up of the best cards in magic, and I STILL can't get a draft going. Wtf.

Incidentally, to give you an idea of the ridiculousness (and because I'm bored) I went over to my cube and picked 15 cards at random from it. What do you first pick out of this pack (first pack, first pick obviously):

Rorix bladewing, griffin guide, diabolic edict, plagued rusalka, azorius guildmage, carven caryatid, spiritmonger, krosan tusker, catastrophe, chrome mox, tolarian academy, phyrexian processor, steam vents, enlightened tutor, and braingeyser.

The pick is actually pretty easy, but it gives you an idea of the card quality we're working with.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Can't (can't make worlds either, which also sucks). I have an exam on thursday that I can't get moved, and a gig saturday night. So I won't even be leaving new orleans still sunday or monday.

I actually never played ravnica block limited, as I didn't really get into limited play till time spiral. Though I have heard from multiple sources that it's an awesome set for it.

Man, I haven't drafted all semester. NO ONE plays limited in new orleans, it's ridiculous. I even have a cube, which people can draft out of for free and lets you draft totally ridiculous decks made up of the best cards in magic, and I STILL can't get a draft going. Wtf.

Incidentally, to give you an idea of the ridiculousness (and because I'm bored) I went over to my cube and picked 15 cards at random from it. What do you first pick out of this pack:

Rorix bladewing, griffin guide, diabolic edict, plagued rusalka, azorius guildmage, carven caryatid, spiritmonger, krosan tusker, catastrophe, chrome mox, tolarian academy, phyrexian processor, steam vents, enlightened tutor, and braingeyser.

The pick is actually pretty easy, but it gives you an idea of the card quality we're working with.
Awww man thats super gay. I'd have gone to worlds again for anything.

Timespiral is an ok set for limited, but rav block is one of, if not the best. You should try and do a sealed.

Yeah same, here. I quit playing after I moved here because its all dead except an hour away in ocala, and its pointless to play there because everyone there sucks, and every time I go there I win, so I get bored eventually. oh well. Theres not much here now that I think about it anyways.

I'll do that tomorrow when I wake up lol

Loto

Smash Ace
I would but sadly I cannot make it to gigs. >.<

Fearless has a dumb parade and I don't got my car yet. But next time I'm def up for it.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Juan, I'm teaming with Patrick. We gonna own some hoes.

Also I need to know who from Gainesville is planning on going to this? Because if people from Gville are going I'll drive back and we can carpool down, but if no one from Gville is going I'll stick here in DeLand and return home after the tourney.

Who from Gainesville is going?

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
exarch if you guys do carpool down to orlando could i hop on with you guys? i'd pay a little extra for picking me up and im right along the way

lamugi

Smash Lord
unfortunately i aint got no sticks

there's only 4 buttons though so it's not really that much of a problem anyway

oh and rx u would **** me cept there's no samurai pizza cat after all :(

oh and i reaaaaly wanna play iidx haha bring a KOC or whatever and anything from 12th style up

mr. lobstah - yes i play lotsa fighters, i just don't have any sticks so i never practice that much, but yea i got pretty much every fighter on the DC lol and of course u are welcome to play TvC
I'll bring my arcade stick as well as mvc2!!!!!!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo cash mooney i dunno about ravnica, im not down to spend money on any extended sets since i only play type 2... id rather it be any of the standard sets (10th, Lorwyn, shadowmoor, morningtide, eventide, shards of alara)

or another cool thing to do would be to draft with a bunch of different standard sets, meaning that every player would get 3 different boosters from different standard sets... winner keeps all the cards!

I know of a card shop thats like 10 min from gigabits, so if you want i could get the boosters and u guys can just pay me back when we play, I also have a box full of lands so ill bring that too!

lemme know whos down for this!

people interested so far:
Rx
cash mooney
me

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm down for some MTG. I'd need to buy some cards though (I never actually owned any, I just played with my friend's decks at school).

I'm not good but I know the basic rules and stuff.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
yo cash mooney i dunno about ravnica, im not down to spend money on any extended sets since i only play type 2... id rather it be any of the standard sets (10th, Lorwyn, shadowmoor, morningtide, eventide, shards of alara)

or another cool thing to do would be to draft with a bunch of different standard sets, meaning that every player would get 3 different boosters from different standard sets... winner keeps all the cards!

I know of a card shop thats like 10 min from gigabits, so if you want i could get the boosters and u guys can just pay me back when we play, I also have a box full of lands so ill bring that too!

lemme know whos down for this!

people interested so far:
Rx
cash mooney
me
Just because its extended doesn't mean it costs more. Its the same as any T2 pack.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Can't we all just get along... and hug? Jyes!? :(
I love Gmoney.

Juan, I'm teaming with Patrick. We gonna own some hoes.

Also I need to know who from Gainesville is planning on going to this? Because if people from Gville are going I'll drive back and we can carpool down, but if no one from Gville is going I'll stick here in DeLand and return home after the tourney.

Who from Gainesville is going?
Truth! BTW, try to convince Josh school is unimportant so he'll skip his exam and come win singles. Same for Dennis.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
The Gainesville Geodudes aren't coming to this?! This is not right..

Hbox I have no idea whats going on I just didn't know if riding with Mooney was definite, but now I guess I am going with him, if not then I just wont go and will rely on myself for rides when I fix my car.

Top Bottom