• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/13/2008 - GIGABITS - All I want for Xmas is Another Melee

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
i think the point of his post was that he didn't want to use ANY money on a set that he doesn't use mooney Lol.
That doesn't make sense. If hes looking for something to add to his trade binder ravnica is fine. If not, why wouldn't he just buy singles? Trying to get anything out of packs is a waste of money. Tons of people play extended, and ravnica is an amazing extended set.

If we have to do a T2 set, 10th would be my choice.

The Gainesville Geodudes aren't coming to this?! This is not right..

Hbox I have no idea whats going on I just didn't know if riding with Mooney was definite, but now I guess I am going with him, if not then I just wont go and will rely on myself for rides when I fix my car.
Dude we're going its all good lol

Pritch

Smash Lord
Right, but I think you forget how hard it is to trade extended stuff, even staples like duals, confidant, etc if you aren't hanging with a crowd that regularly PTQs. There's just not a lot of demand for non-standard cards aside from the ptq scene. Like, it's easy for me (and I assume you) because of dealers and trades at actual events, the people we carpool with to said events, etc. But if you're just doing the standard FNM every week with other people that just do the standard FNM every week no one cares that your RGD draft got you 4 duals, because even if they are worth 10-15 a pop (if that's what rav duals go for still - I have all mine so I don't pay attention to prices) it doesn't matter because no one's going to use them.

That said, I agree that trying to obtain cards out of packs is a bad idea anyways, and 3 packs is hardly going to break the bank. But I see where he's coming from.

EDIT: And god, why would you want to draft 10th? Core set drafting has to be about as interesting as watching paint dry or somthing. If you're not gonna draft shards, at least draft something like triple lorwyn or LLM, both of which were pretty fun.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Right, but I think you forget how hard it is to trade extended stuff, even staples like duals, confidant, etc if you aren't hanging with a crowd that regularly PTQs. There's just not a lot of demand for non-standard cards aside from the ptq scene. Like, it's easy for me (and I assume you) because of dealers and trades at actual events, the people we carpool with to said events, etc. But if you're just doing the standard FNM every week with other people that just do the standard FNM every week no one cares that your RGD draft got you 4 duals, because even if they are worth 10-15 a pop (if that's what rav duals go for still - I have all mine so I don't pay attention to prices) it doesn't matter because no one's going to use them.

That said, I agree that trying to obtain cards out of packs is a bad idea anyways, and 3 packs is hardly going to break the bank. But I see where he's coming from.
Well I assumed he was a competitive player, but I guess I assumed too much.
Its easy for me too, because the store I used to work at would gladly take stuff like foil hierarch's off my hands, lol.

The last time I bought a pack for something other than draft/sealed play was like 5/6 years ago, lmao. Buying singles is a lot better.

But aside from that, I'd rather play out a core set or something>shards. Thats how much I dislike the set.

And some of the stuff from rav block was reprinted, technically :bee:

Pritch

Smash Lord
You can be competitive but not play extended. I know a bunch of people who just skip the extended season due to card availability, but are all over block and limited (and standard, obviously).

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I have a video capture card, BTW, so I should be able to record if everyone promises not to steal my laptop :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Me and Ryan can easily take you guys.

As long as we don't go Pokefloats and get 7 stocked again.

Renth

Smash Hero
Quit Talking About Card Games On Swf Especially In The Atl South!!! You'll Get This Thread Locked And You'll Get Banned Cause Imaaa Nazi!

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Hey Pat, are you and them coming down from Gville or are you in Orlando for some reason.
i.e. should i come home tomorrow to catch the carpool down, or should i wait till after the tourney to go home for the break? (i'm leaning towards the latter)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Hey Pat, are you and them coming down from Gville or are you in Orlando for some reason.
i.e. should i come home tomorrow to catch the carpool down, or should i wait till after the tourney to go home for the break? (i'm leaning towards the latter)
I'm in Orlando already, my exams ended mad early. I'm not sure how that affects your plans, lol, so go with whichever one meant I was in Orlando.

Linguini

Smash Master
haha, i played MTG back in my card games days, i still play it once in a while when im bored at 4 in the morning.

i feel like ****** at this yo. i will.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
um..........WoW is nastee. I JUST GOT MY LVL 60 LAST NIGHT AT 5 IN THE AM.

NOW I CAN GET MY EPIC MOUNT!!!!!!!!

but i dont have enough money yet. :(

i still need like 350 more gold!!!!

fvckit, i am gonna go and play some WoW right now.

PEACE

-hiro
no offense but it sounds like Blizzard has you by the bawls hiroshi, hope you dont end up like some of my friends cause they did some crazy stuff for that game.

Frames

DI
I remember you said you played yugioh too lol what happened to that?

Who are you teaming with?

EDIT

from facebook. :(
don't worry mooney soft is still coming but it looks like it will just be him and maybe cornell, basically wat happened is that the others couldn't get a ride after all and soft is taking his mom's minivan i think anyhoo he's on the way should be here around 10 PM

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Top Bottom