• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/29/2008 - GIGABITS - We are thankful for the Brawl

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I guess I did OK this gigs....but I had fun and that's all that matters.

Solid Neku: My partner for doubles and my homeboy. Your R.O.B. has come a long way, man. Keep it up. And watching you get 9'd by GDX after HRNut called it....too funny.
retro gamer: good stuff this time. Your Kirby is still ridiculous. And don't forget the motto: "get GRABBED!!"
raven and his parter (sorry i forgot your name): awesome friendlies with you guys. Falco is good and sick Ice Climbers
CO18: Didn't expect to face you first round. Sucks for me being a Mario main lol. Your D3 is too good.
Aura: Fun matches. Don't know what caused me to suicide twice in the first match, but oh well. Nice Lucario.
Action B@stard: Nice to finally get that Mario ditto. Hopefully we'll get to play more next time.

To everyone else, good stuff and see you next month.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
atleast im consistent! I do well in teams and then get owned in singles. pretty much the formula at every tourney.

Me and kyon got 4th in teams btw.

i got LAST FVCKING PLACE in singles.....LOL!!!!1

i suck at this game.

apparantly i dont know the diddy matchup at all.

i lost to two back to back diddys. this is def the lowest point of my smash career. cuz i know im not that bad. but oh wels, i cant really do anything about it. kirby is just not clicking with me but i cant find any other character to play. aw brawl, why must you be so gay. Atleast i still have melee, WoW, and halo 3.

-hiro

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
It was cool losing to people I actually really respect at this tourney.

I think I either of those matches could have swung either way, so I was really happy. I wish my placing had been better... I guess I got a pretty tough bracket for me, but yeah, it was a lot of fun.

CO18, mad respect, man. That match is fun...not to mention a very even one... and you had the clutch to pull it out with everybody yelling and all that. Mad props.

HRNUT is dang epic. That match was probably the best one i've had in Brawl so far. goooooooood stuff, man. : )
I think that was the first time that if i had lost in singles that i wouldn't have been mad or sad lol, i would have enjoyed losing because you would have deserved it, your fox has come a long way good **** at the tournament, next time i'll tell them to put me on the opposite side of the bracket from you lol, you're just too damn good at this game, FOX for top tier!!!

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
this was my last brawl tournament, i cant keep up with kids younger than me who have 1000000 hours more freetime to play. i cant keep up with anyone who lives in a city that has more than one smasher in it(unlike mine), and i cant keep up with ppl who will do anything to win. i like playing wario bc he is the most similar to melee, he has legit combos which are really hard to set up for and is really fun to play. only top tier wins these tournaments now, and im not willing to switch my main to get first place by chaingrabbing, tornadoing, or spamming grenades and tilts. every1 keep giving ur money to seibrik and afro, cause i'm done contributing to their pot. if anyone is around srq and wants to play MELEE sometime hit me up

- chris abraham (abe)
941-993-5327

CO18

Smash Hero
this was my last brawl tournament, i cant keep up with kids younger than me who have 1000000 hours more freetime to play. i cant keep up with anyone who lives in a city that has more than one smasher in it(unlike mine), and i cant keep up with ppl who will do anything to win. i like playing wario bc he is the most similar to melee, he has legit combos which are really hard to set up for and is really fun to play. only top tier wins these tournaments now, and im not willing to switch my main to get first place by chaingrabbing, tornadoing, or spamming grenades and tilts. every1 keep giving ur money to seibrik and afro, cause i'm done contributing to their pot. if anyone is around srq and wants to play MELEE sometime hit me up

- chris abraham (abe)
941-993-5327
There are alot of wario mains that win tourneys, its probably mainly since you have noone to pratice with :/.

look at afro, also dmg/reflex/futile come to mind as well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
*insert numerous johns here*
1. i play diddy, and diddy doesnt win tourneys ANYWHERE consistently. even ninjalink doesnt win every tourney, but he places well. At least warios win tourneys, like the warios that co18 mentioned.

2. im probably older than you, and i have a full time 40-hr week job, so i spend about as much time playing as you do. In fact, i spend less time, because i only play hrnut once a week. The rest of the week im playing something else other than brawl, cause online brawl is garbage.

3. So you may have to drive to play someone. who cares? If anyone didnt know, my actual home is an hour drive away from hrnuts house, and i still go there once a week to play him offline. No one else in my actual city has even been to a tourney before.

Abe, what im really trying to say is..

i've SEEN your johns, AND I AM NOT IMPRESSED

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah imo Warios only real problematic matchup is D3 and that still can be worked around as Afro shows even though it may be an extremely frustrating matchup.

unfortunatley you just happen to live in a state with alot of good d3's like me,seibrik,hungrybox,colbol.

I dont think theres any state with as many d3's as florida lol

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I have seen your vids and I am not impressed....

Darth Malak and Kirby 64...I have seen your final bosses and I am not impressed.
You must not have seen Darth Malak, because you would be impressed.

- chris abraham (abe)
941-993-5327
The first step to being a better person is quiting brawl.

The second step is to play more melee.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Everyone should have two bans for stages LOL. I was screwed by winning the second match with HRNut. so I got screwed again, and got taken to HRNUT's Mansion. Dammit, I needed to win the first match!

sick *** game with CO18, I was puttin the moves on him tru. He is a smart player, never doubted it for a second. went to the last game last stock, he did the infamous utilt i hate. lol GW is **** light!

oh and it was fun using, Ike/wolf/TL/falco/fox/ and a little Gw this tourney.

My wolf is too good, get at it.

CO18

Smash Hero
Everyone should have two bans for stages LOL. I was screwed by winning the second match with HRNut. so I got screwed again, and got taken to HRNUT's Mansion. Dammit, I needed to win the first match!

sick *** game with CO18, I was puttin the moves on him tru. He is a smart player, never doubted it for a second. went to the last game last stock, he did the infamous utilt i hate. lol GW is **** light!

oh and it was fun using, Ike/wolf/TL/falco/fox/ and a little Gw this tourney.

My wolf is too good, get at it.
GGs man. Your gaw is 2 good. You were comboing me to hell and back that first match, close stuff for real.

lol rx isnt it amazing? anyway theres really nothing falco can do, without its a really frustrating match but we go back and forth in the matchup.

the first thing mampam says on aim after that match since he was watching it was "youtube nigg@" "youtube nigg@" lmao

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
GGs man. Your gaw is 2 good. You were comboing me to hell and back that first match, close stuff for real.

lol rx isnt it amazing? anyway theres really nothing falco can do, without its a really frustrating match but we go back and forth in the matchup.

the first thing mampam says on aim after that match since he was watching it was "youtube nigg@" "youtube nigg@" lmao
Rofl Falco players are dumb... Not all of them, but yeah... " oh noes, me can't laser. me can't CG. Me dead. You gay"

dsmash? drop down second jump bair or dair back onto stage? footstool?

haha. fun watch, though

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Kirby is too good *****es.

I **** xyz.
think you can teach me a thing or two about kirby? i realy need some advice.

and that friendly match with xyz was soo close! i won't roll into his toon link again. great match xyz.

Life After Death

Smash Champion

- chris abraham (abe)
941-993-5327
i stopped playing brawl and i got owned as well. just gotta stop playing melee for a bit for now.

dont quit if anything just play melee

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
chops dont stop playin maylay

and that match with CO18 was miserable dear god.

Leh

Smash Ace

- chris abraham (abe)
941-993-5327
I only used snake vs you and chops because i refuse to do wario dittos.
Wario can get around everything.

D3 is the only char where its REALLY hard to get around.

CO18

Smash Hero
i think that in the fight of MK vs Wario, that wario has the advantage, that **** is gay
yeah I was thinking about that but still you just gotta get used to wario because MK has more options than anyone and can adapt.

I remember watching DSF DESTROY Futile on the Live Feed at Axis. I think he 2 stocked him every match 3-0 mk vs wario.

I think its a slight mk advantage.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Rofl Falco players are dumb... Not all of them, but yeah... " oh noes, me can't laser. me can't CG. Me dead. You gay"

haha. fun watch, though
^^^ He has seen your Falcos and he is not impressed.

OverLade

Smash Hero

We went back and forth when my Falco relied too much on camping, but last time we actually played a legit match it was far from even. Falco ***** D3 hard if you know how to play the matchup, even without double spikes.

i think that in the fight of MK vs Wario, that wario has the advantage, that **** is gay
Na, MK has the edge, you just have to know the matchup. I know it's a friendly, but I beat Reflex with 1 stock low-mid percent MK vs. Wario. You just have to be patient and wait out warios gayness. Either he's gonna punish you or you'll punish him. Either way it's about spacing.

It was online. Gay **** like that is impossible. And I would've gotten gimped real quick if I had tried fast falling and Dairing/bairing back to the stage, D3's bair leaves no space animals alive. And how many times could I try that before I actually got killed? Not worth it.

Besides in a real match vs. D3 I've just go meta anyway.

Leh

Smash Ace
we Went Back And Forth When My Falco Relied Too Much On Camping, But Last Time We Actually Played A Legit Match It Was Far From Even. Falco ***** D3 Hard If You Know How To Play The Matchup, Even Without Double Spikes.

Na, Mk Has The Edge, You Just Have To Know The Matchup. I Know It's A Friendly, But I Beat Reflex With 1 Stock Low-mid Percent Mk Vs. Wario. You Just Have To Be Patient And Wait Out Warios Gayness. Either He's Gonna Punish You Or You'll Punish Him. Either Way It's About Spacing.

It Was Online. Gay **** Like That Is Impossible. And I Would've Gotten Gimped Real Quick If I Had Tried Fast Falling And Dairing/bairing Back To The Stage, D3's Bair Leaves No Space Animals Alive. And How Many Times Could I Try That Before I Actually Got Killed? Not Worth It.

Besides In A Real Match Vs. D3 I've Just Go Meta Anyway.
**** You Beat Reflex?
What A Beast

You musta seen his vids.

OverLade

Smash Hero
**** You Beat Reflex?
What A Beast

You musta seen his vids.
Na, I had never heard of him before that point. I saw Futiles vids tho.

Whenever I can finally go to gigs I'll MM you Wario vs. MK.

We can record it....so people can watch and be impressed.

CO18

Smash Hero
We went back and forth when my Falco relied too much on camping, but last time we actually played a legit match it was far from even. Falco ***** D3 hard if you know how to play the matchup, even without double spikes.

Na, MK has the edge, you just have to know the matchup. I know it's a friendly, but I beat Reflex with 1 stock low-mid percent MK vs. Wario. You just have to be patient and wait out warios gayness. Either he's gonna punish you or you'll punish him. Either way it's about spacing.

It was online. Gay **** like that is impossible. And I would've gotten gimped real quick if I had tried fast falling and Dairing/bairing back to the stage, D3's bair leaves no space animals alive. And how many times could I try that before I actually got killed? Not worth it.

Besides in a real match vs. D3 I've just go meta anyway.
The times weve played I won 3-2 then you won 3-1 D3 vs Falco. We havent played since then without me on that ledge which ***** :)

Top Bottom