• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/29/2008 - GIGABITS - We are thankful for the Brawl

OverLade

Smash Hero
The times weve played I won 3-2 then you won 3-1 D3 vs Falco. We havent played since then without me on that ledge which ***** :)
Yeah, but the time I played 3-1 all the matches I won were two or three stocks, and I only lost the first match. It just took me a while to get the hang of the matchup, but I'm confident without ledgecamping my Falco would do just as well as my meta does.

i wanna play red he lives like 10 min away but we never play
Well everytime I invite you to come to PnT to brawl ur like "NO IM BUSY" so....

Go look at my thread about a smash fest lol.

Leh

Smash Ace
Na, I had never heard of him before that point. I saw Futiles vids tho.

Whenever I can finally go to gigs I'll MM you Wario vs. MK.

We can record it....so people can watch and be impressed.
I'd love to if you EVER went to tourneys.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah, but the time I played 3-1 all the matches I won were two or three stocks, and I only lost the first match. It just took me a while to get the hang of the matchup, but I'm confident without ledgecamping my Falco would do just as well as my meta does.

Well everytime I invite you to come to PnT to brawl ur like "NO IM BUSY" so....

Go look at my thread about a smash fest lol.
No, they werent. You just had 1 3-stock the match where I sded at like 0 and double spiked.

Also im confident you wouldn't :)

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I'm surprised at some of the johns being thrown around after this tourney... I'm somewhat saddened to see abe go, but MELEE is way more fun anyways (it's all we're playing in Jax now -- not that anyone should care). :)

My opinion (if it matters) is that Wario only has one overwhelmingly negative matchup and that is D3 (and even that isn't unwinnable -- just don't get grabbed). The other matchups just depend on the individuals and their styles imo (which is why I think some MKs have a lot of trouble against Warios).

Why does RedHalberd keep talking if he never shows to tourneys? I really hope he wrecks everyone, or I'm not gonna be impressed...

I hope I can make it to MELEE Gigs.

CO18

Smash Hero
I'm surprised at some of the johns being thrown around after this tourney... I'm somewhat saddened to see abe go, but MELEE is way more fun anyways (it's all we're playing in Jax now -- not that anyone should care). :)

My opinion (if it matters) is that Wario only has one overwhelmingly negative matchup and that is D3 (and even that isn't unwinnable -- just don't get grabbed). The other matchups just depend on the individuals and their styles imo (which is why I think some MKs have a lot of trouble against Warios).

Why does RedHalberd keep talking if he never shows to tourneys? I really hope he wrecks everyone, or I'm not gonna be impressed...

I hope I can make it to MELEE Gigs.

What are you talking about. Nothing hes said has anything to do with whether or not he goes to tourneys.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Ummm what matchup do u need help with retro?
basically wario. i faced samus abe for the 1st time and fought his wario for the 1st time. i'm ashamed of those matches we had, basically because of me. i had to dodge, space and anything else to avoid being hit or run over, especailly by his bike cause its cheap in a way. i'm not saying abe was cheap, he was really good with wario. it was that i was caught off guard. now i hate wario as much as i hate ddd and snake.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'd love to if you EVER went to tourneys.
I LOVE to go to tourneys. >_>

No, they werent. You just had 1 3-stock the match where I sded at like 0 and double spiked.

Also im confident you wouldn't :)
At least one of the others was a mid percent 2 stock, though I mightve gotten a double spike in it. Anyway we gotta playthe matchup some other time....preferably with no planking D3s :p.

CO18

Smash Hero
I LOVE to go to tourneys. >_>

At least one of the others was a mid percent 2 stock, though I mightve gotten a double spike in it. Anyway we gotta playthe matchup some other time....preferably with no planking D3s :p.
This is my Idea hal, get a job. Work for like a month and save up and buy yourself a ****ty *** car that can at least get you around so you can go to tourneys lol

PolMex23

Smash Champion
What glitch?

Its a serious one, one im trying to perfect.

It happens 1 of 4 times right now, but I think its a timing thing.

Same as the Samus Super Wave Dash...

When an opponent goes for a grab, i think i have 3 frames to up-B out of it. When I do, I up-B you...

Epix huh? Now try to grab me fellow D3 players...I dare you xD

CO18

Smash Hero
What glitch?

Its a serious one, one im trying to perfect.

It happens 1 of 4 times right now, but I think its a timing thing.

Same as the Samus Super Wave Dash...

When an opponent goes for a grab, i think i have 3 frames to up-B out of it. When I do, I up-B you...

Epix huh? Now try to grab me fellow D3 players...I dare you xD
lol wtf,

Ill believe it when I see it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
This is my Idea hal, get a job. Work for like a month and save up and buy yourself a ****ty *** car that can at least get you around so you can go to tourneys lol
I have a car. I have no liscence XD.

I can't get my liscence until march.

We've been over this lol.

My parents dont want me driving around with mysterious people.

So Im stuck basically. Caught between a hard place and a Metaknight nair Wall of pain.

CO18

Smash Hero
Solution, invite said "mysterious" people over to hang out, smash, meet/get aquainted with parents...

poof no longer mysterious.
That ish doesnt work with black parents lmao and even worse with African parents lol

My mom doesnt want me riding with my friend ive known for 7 years nevermind meeting over a video game for a day lmao

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I have a car. I have no liscence XD.

I can't get my liscence until march.

We've been over this lol.

My parents dont want me driving around with mysterious people.

So Im stuck basically. Caught between a hard place and a Metaknight nair Wall of pain.
dam. im poor so my mom lets me do what i want lol. cuz she barely supports me. so she has no excuse to not let me go where i want. if we was fortunate like rich people my mom would be like. i pay for all ur **** so i control ur life.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Solution, invite said "mysterious" people over to hang out, smash, meet/get aquainted with parents...

That ish doesnt work with black parents lmao and even worse with African parents lol

My mom doesnt want me riding with my friend ive known for 7 years nevermind meeting over a video game for a day lmao
lol yea. when i was a kid my mom wouldn't let that **** fly either

CO18

Smash Hero
lol yea. when i was a kid my mom wouldn't let that **** fly either
lol, thats the only thing I miss about new jersey. you dont need a car to get where you have to go.

Florida its not like that, if its not around the corner and you dont have a car youre screwed.

transportation here is terrible

PolMex23

Smash Champion
dam. im poor so my mom lets me do what i want lol. cuz she barely supports me. so she has no excuse to not let me go where i want. if we was fortunate like rich people my mom would be like. i pay for all ur **** so i control ur life.
Hahhaha **** sounds like my mom xD

An we both hispanic, but i aint as poor xD

Dude The Up-B Master is working on the glitch dont worry CO-18 youll meet your nightmare xD

OverLade

Smash Hero

What CO said. My parents are as african as it gets. They dont care who my friends are, but anyone who isn't family is pretty much an outsider they can't completely trust. I could introduce all my friends. Wouldn't make a **** bit of difference

Im not anywhere near rich. I cant pretend my parents can't support me, but my life isn't filled with any real luxeries. My dad's retired but my mom makes pretty good money. So I have no real right to complain.

There's a car for me to drive, I was just stupid and didnt get my liscence when I should have lol.

Master Raven

Smash Master
My parents are near the opposite of African parents it seems. >_> They'll gladly invite a friend I know over as long as you're cool. Seibrik came to my apartment a couple weeks ago and my parents really liked him a lot (mom even encouraged us to go to Play N Trade on our own which was in fact the first time I've ever gone out to a store by myself and I don't think that'd happen if Seibrik hadn't been there).

Only dumb thing about it is that I'm really shy, but I think that'll lessen as I get to hang around with you guys more often in person.

I'd love for most of you to visit me to play some Smash sometime soon btw.

황미영

Smash Champion
Lol, I'm never shy! I got to talk to a few people like Retro and Sensei. And other random people I saw. xD

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Lol, I'm never shy! I got to talk to a few people like Retro and Sensei. And other random people I saw. xD
sorry but who are you again? i tend to have short term memory sometimes. i'm not being rude, i'm just wondering...

황미영

Smash Champion
I'm the kid with the furry black coat and the Jewfro. I was playing Sonic and Mario. You gave me a beating... xD

You were also talking with my brother and my friend.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I'm the kid with the furry black coat and the Jewfro. I was playing Sonic and Mario. You gave me a beating... xD

You were also talking with my brother and my friend.
oh yea i rememeber now. sorry man. didn't mean to forget. lol. keep practicing. i wanna face you again in the next tourney (not this month's tourney, maybe next month's tourney.) watch out though cause i just came up with a new retro combo, lol.

황미영

Smash Champion
That's alright. Same here! Hopefully I'll get better with Sonic. But I just need better people to practice with... Most of the people in my area are as good as me or below... So I need better opponents...

I Can't wait to see your "retro combo".

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
That's alright. Same here! Hopefully I'll get better with Sonic. But I just need better people to practice with... Most of the people in my area are as good as me or below... So I need better opponents...

I Can't wait to see your "retro combo".
alright then. and i'm still testing my new combo, but if i do it right, it'll work even on sonic :demon:. lol, so yea can't wait. ask around for smashfests. they usually help. it helped me a lot.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I hope I'm not the reason why Abe wants to quit. That last match between us was g@y as ****. Dont quit man your pretty good.

And why are there so many brawl scrubs?

-lee-

OverLade

Smash Hero
My parents are near the opposite of African parents it seems. >_> They'll gladly invite a friend I know over as long as you're cool. Seibrik came to my apartment a couple weeks ago and my parents really liked him a lot (mom even encouraged us to go to Play N Trade on our own which was in fact the first time I've ever gone out to a store by myself and I don't think that'd happen if Seibrik hadn't been there).

Only dumb thing about it is that I'm really shy, but I think that'll lessen as I get to hang around with you guys more often in person.

I'd love for most of you to visit me to play some Smash sometime soon btw.
Lol sounds like we're complete opposites then.

Im extremely outgoing with people I've never met before. If you're cool to me when we meet, then Im down for anything.

You and I are almost completely silent when playing.

I'm not good at talking in the middle of a match.
It depends on my opponent really. I don't mind silence and I dont mind Acorn screaming in the background asking Hrnut to teabag me. I prefer just casual conversation during matches if it's a friendly, but in tourney it depends if Im nervous or not lol.

Top Bottom