• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.3 Patch Notes Discussion

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I can confirm that nothing changed with Marth other than what was already stated. They don't give a crap.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Bowser's Up B can now auto-snap the ledge if he is facing backwards. Pretty neat change. I wonder what else is missing. :O

Sorry if this was already reported.
yo, can you check to see if Bowser's aerial up b can be b-reversed or wavebounced now? I had asked for this before,and wondering if they added it in since you mention he autosnaps facing backwards.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
yo, can you check to see if Bowser's aerial up b can be b-reversed or wavebounced now? I had asked for this before,and wondering if they added it in since you mention he autosnaps facing backwards.
Still can't be turned around or B-reversed.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Ganon's Reverse Warlock Punch now having super armor means we're going to see some beautiful disrespect montages with kills below 10%. SUPAH ARMOAH FOR DAYZ!

Zangam

Smash Rookie
I think that Ness's Dair is different.

It feels the same frame data wise but it definitely looks different.

When inputting dair, a spark appears before the initial hitbox comes out. This did not occur before the patch.

So, I think that Ness's dair animation changed.

Should this be added to the patch notes?

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Oh by the way Greninja's hitstun cancel is still in.

The exploit never dies.
Don't worry, just gotta kill enough players using it before it gets bopped. Nintendo only balances off whining, afterall.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ganon's Reverse Warlock Punch now having super armor means we're going to see some beautiful disrespect montages with kills below 10%. SUPAH ARMOAH FOR DAYZ!
It has always had super armor.
Its duration got slightly increased, that's all.
:196:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
...?

I thought Ganon lose super armor when turning around while doing Warlock Punch pre-patch?

Because I definitely have been knocked out of it a few times.
You are correct. Turnaround had no armor before.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Sakurai: "Hey people are complaining about Lucas' grab? Let's speed it up real quick like"

Sakurai: "Hmm, people are upset that Yoshi's grabs are poor as well?"

Sakurai: *hides complaints about Yoshi's grab*

Sakurai: "No more complaints then?"

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Messed with mk for a bit. Didn't notice anything. Marth too. Anyone else find something new with mk? I'm dropping marth now.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Reverse punch never had armor, it was added in this patch.
Also Ganon's dark dive is actually usable now, it kills at around 140-150% at the ledge on FD WITHOUT rage, we have an actuall OOS option now.
Also Dair's hitbox got lowered so it's easier to hit taller characters with it now.

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon
Reversed Warlock Punch did not have any armor after you reversed it before.

adom4 adom4 Don't the current notes say that the hitbox got moved up, instead of down? wouldnt that make it harder to hit?

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Reversed Warlock Punch did not have any armor after you reversed it before.

adom4 adom4 Don't the current notes say that the hitbox got moved up, instead of down? wouldnt that make it harder to hit?
It feels like it got lowered to me, anyway it defintely got buffed.

Pixiesky

Smash Rookie
I think that Ness's Dair is different.

It feels the same frame data wise but it definitely looks different.

When inputting dair, a spark appears before the initial hitbox comes out. This did not occur before the patch.

So, I think that Ness's dair animation changed.

Should this be added to the patch notes?
Yeah I noticed it too

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I can confirm that nothing changed with Marth other than what was already stated. They don't give a crap.
They buffed Marth a ton over previous patches, almost more than any other character in the game. Stop being a whiny baby and learn to work with your shortcomings. I main Mewtwo and my character just received buffs.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Been hopping around the cast, the only change I noticed so far that wasn't in the notes was the previously-mentioned "Bowser can grab the ledge without facing it during upB now"

Aura Sphere still locks you in shield, Shadow Sneak hitstun cancel didn't go anywhereand never will because it's a feature, no-rebound attacks can still double hit when hitting after clanking a projectile, glitchy jab1→jab1 cancel that stacks aura graphics still exists for Lucario, Mewtwo's weight is unchanged, Luma's HP is unchanged, endlag on various characters' attacks felt unchanged at a glance.

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Not sure where this belongs but you can now wall jump on the omega version of Kalos Pokemon League. In previous versions you could not.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
can anyone confirm if :4mewtwo: fair got a landing lag decrease? it definitely feels that way.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I love how Link's F-Air was buffed back to Brawl status by having both hits smack you with more damage. 11% and 13% on hits respectively. This means that his combo ability is no longer there with F-Air, especially as a ledge getup option, but it's strengthened due to more shield damage now.

Ganon writeup:
N-air is worse, first hit sucks outside of comboing into the 2nd hit. However it has frame speedups, meaning in the air, you can now FH N-air -> other actions before you hit the ground.
Dark Dive can kill people at the edge around like 140%.
D-smash PROPERLY sends people away from Ganon on block, instead of pulling them towards him. No longer reverses people on hit.
No SA on aerial WP...
D-air has more range, meaning you can now FH AC D-air and hit certain humanoid characters more easily, whereas previously this was heavily inconsistent/impossible.

Not completely sure what the SideB changes are though.
Let me address what's wrong with your N-Air statement; you say it's worse when only the damage is really affected (I tested out and it only does 19% damage now), but then contradict yourself by saying it's got better frame speedups and better follow-up ability? But let me mention the fact that his N-Air is actually a viable off-stage edge-guarding tool now thanks to the fact the first hit links into the powerful second hit. So I believe that, overall, it's better.

But I believe the Side B changes don't have to do with aerial grabbing nor range of grab when moving. I believe it has something to do with how many units he's able to grab in. Before the patch, on the ground, Ganondorf had to be much closer to grab the opponent, but now he has Marth's grab range on Flame Choke. Though I need definite testing.

But hey, what do you think about Ganondorf's reverse Warlock Punch being buffed with SA? Means that rolling and retaliation is meant for grabs now.

D

Deleted member 269706

Let me address what's wrong with your N-Air statement; you say it's worse when only the damage is really affected (I tested out and it only does 19% damage now), but then contradict yourself by saying it's got better frame speedups and better follow-up ability? But let me mention the fact that his N-Air is actually a viable off-stage edge-guarding tool now thanks to the fact the first hit links into the powerful second hit. So I believe that, overall, it's better.
Great reasoning, I like the way you see it and explain it. I also heard (not sure if this is true or not) that the first hit of nair can link into Ftilt or Dtilt at higher percents. Now IDK if this means true combo, or if DI can help one escape, but it sounds like a neat little set up. I'd believe it to be true. If I had a set-up I'd test it before writing this post, unfortunately I don't so I'm hoping someone else can look into this.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm glad they buffed Mewtwo. Shows that they actually took the cotton out of one ear. Now if they'd just take the cotton out the other and buff Jigglypuff.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Great reasoning, I like the way you see it and explain it. I also heard (not sure if this is true or not) that the first hit of nair can link into Ftilt or Dtilt at higher percents. Now IDK if this means true combo, or if DI can help one escape, but it sounds like a neat little set up. I'd believe it to be true. If I had a set-up I'd test it before writing this post, unfortunately I don't so I'm hoping someone else can look into this.
Well believing that Ganondorf's N-Air has some mighty endlag, it may be a bit hard to set it up, but thanks to the first hit having some set knockback at certain hitboxes, it's possible to set up into F-Tilt without the opponent having a chance to retaliate, as long as said opponent is still in mid-air that is. It has to do with spacing and other matters, as well as proximity.

===

Diddy has possibly confirmed less range on the Banana arcing. It goes a shorter distance before going down, making it much more crucial to actually get his Banana now. I can tell by memory.

But now for a confirmed nerf for Sheik. Needles. They do far less knockback now than previously. I tested it on Mega Man at 100% damage and usually, he'd go a bit of distance and fall into tumble, but this isn't the case. He went around a third of the distance and had no tumble even then.

This is theorycraft however, but I believe her F-Tilt and F-Air are slower, and I believe her U-Tilt doesn't link up from the first to second hit as fast when it comes to contact. These I need some confirmation or deconfirmation. I know for a fact, however, that I saw her combo ability not looking so hot.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Kinda sad our biggest winners were Lucas and his grab, well deserved though, and Dark Pit's side B killing 40% sooner, not that I'm complaining. :p

Speaking of Lucas, we got real numbers on his grab yet?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I thought BKB/KBG could be easily accessed, I'm not sure I'm buying that needles nerf if it wasn't found by comparing files.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
User was warned for this post
Too bad other characters that needed buffs like Mega Man, Jigglypuff, Zelda and Samus were left out in the cold this patch. Yet for whatever reason Sakurai still thinks sheik and ZSS are perfectly fine with the way the current game functions with such safe on shield pressure options.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Too bad other characters that needed buffs like Mega Man, Jigglypuff, Zelda and Samus were left out in the cold this patch. Yet for whatever reason Sakurai still thinks sheik and ZSS are perfectly fine with the way the current game functions with such safe on shield pressure options.
The reason I dropped Megaman and now main Pikachu

Yikarur

Smash Master
But now for a confirmed nerf for Sheik. Needles. They do far less knockback now than previously. I tested it on Mega Man at 100% damage and usually, he'd go a bit of distance and fall into tumble, but this isn't the case. He went around a third of the distance and had no tumble even then.
The Patch Notes of Thinkaman contain all hitbox data. Needles are not changed.

This is theorycraft however, but I believe her F-Tilt and F-Air are slower, and I believe her U-Tilt doesn't link up from the first to second hit as fast when it comes to contact. These I need some confirmation or deconfirmation. I know for a fact, however, that I saw her combo ability not looking so hot.
no they are not changed.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Why on earth did you include Mega Man with those other characters?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You WILL be automatically infracted and temporarily banned from this sub-forum for:
  • Posting false changes, good intentions or not.
  • Asking what the changes were for a character instead of reading the notes yourself.
  • Childish whining about buffs and nerfs.
Right in the OP.

Top Bottom