• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.3 Patch Notes Discussion

TinyCrewShips

Smash Rookie
Im not sure If this is new but Captain Falcon's sour fair can do about 6%, this is not instead of the usual 3%-ish but an additianal hitbox I think, if this is new it needs more experimentation.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Im not sure If this is new but Captain Falcon's sour fair can do about 6%, this is not instead of the usual 3%-ish but an additianal hitbox I think, if this is new it needs more experimentation.
No, that hitbox was always there. On the first frame that the knee comes out, there are two hitboxes: one on his knee, which is the sweestpot we all love, and another behind him, that does 6% and little knockback. The rest of the attack deals 3% regardless.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So shields are 41-42 hp right? (as far as I remember?)

I did a Marth partly charged shieldbreaker, which does 14% + 25 shield damage, which = 39

I tested this after only charging shieldbreaker for maybe not even a second, and releasing it on my friend's shield, breaking it instantly (normally it wouldn't have, from my experience)

Can anyone confirm if shield HP was untouched?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So shields are 41-42 hp right? (as far as I remember?)

I did a Marth partly charged shieldbreaker, which does 14% + 25 shield damage, which = 39

I tested this after only charging shieldbreaker for maybe not even a second, and releasing it on my friend's shield, breaking it instantly (normally it wouldn't have, from my experience)

Can anyone confirm if shield HP was untouched?
I've done testing for Monado Shield Shulk's bubble shield & it's still ~63 HP. Since Monado Shield provides a additional bonus amount of shield strength & it remained the same, this would mean that Vanilla Shulk's bubble shield remained the same. I'll turn on my system & edit this post if I see something different in Training Mode.

EDIT: Yeah shields are still 41-42 HP. I had two Lucarios in Training mode set to high enough Aura to deal ~41 - ~42 HP by using their Forward smashes uncharged around the ~120% damage meter simultaneously or around the ~55% damage meter fully charging their forward smashes & shielded at a certain moment during their forward smash startup. Additional confirmation is welcome.

Last edited:

TinyCrewShips

Smash Rookie
No, that hitbox was always there. On the first frame that the knee comes out, there are two hitboxes: one on his knee, which is the sweestpot we all love, and another behind him, that does 6% and little knockback. The rest of the attack deals 3% regardless.
Oh, alright. I had never noticed it before, thanks for the clarification

carlos11

Smash Cadet
I was looking at the patch notes and it looks like every character has been thoroughly scrutinized and analyzed, but there's something odd.

Is there a reason why Pikachu appears to be at 60% while everyone else is at 99%? Is that just a mistake?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Assuming Both Nair and Fair have been FAF of 45 before, nair has indeed a reduced duration now.
Ganondorfs full hop air time is exactly 45 frames and you can now jump out of nair about 3 frames earlier. Please someone confirm the exact number.

Browny

Smash Hater
Hold up.

Were people actually freaking out about Lucas' grab game being buffed, when the only buff is when the attack MISSES?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Is there anything being found that is keeping Pikachu at the 60% part of the research? Also, should I assume the 99% of the other characters basically means "done, but we're not ready to finalize it"?

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Is there anything being found that is keeping Pikachu at the 60% part of the research? Also, should I assume the 99% of the other characters basically means "done, but we're not ready to finalize it"?
I think the 99% percent means that they've tested the characters and they think they've found all the changes though there's a slight chance they might've missed something.
As for Pikachu being at 60%, I'm not sure why. Maybe he's still being tested. A thread was never made for Patch 1.13 in the Pika boards, so we wouldn't have any possible changes documented there that the testers could verify. They have no leads and have to just test everything, which might take some time, I assume.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Well to be fair I don't think Pika had any changes whatsoever, unless it's some absolutely miniscule thing like Meta Knight or Ryu's changes that most people wouldn't even be able to realize right away.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Well to be fair I don't think Pika had any changes whatsoever, unless it's some absolutely miniscule thing like Meta Knight or Ryu's changes that most people wouldn't even be able to realize right away.
I agree. I think the dev team likes how Pikachu is so they don't really see any need for changing him. Thus, as in many previous patches, I doubt he had any changes. Still, I would've preferred if we had made a thread there, but the Pika boards tend to be pretty quiet anyways, so I can't complain.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Some random guy on Reddit is claiming the Wii Fit Trainer soccer ball projectile got changed, such that cancelling the header and smacking it with other attacks does not make it behave in the same way as 1.1.2. They mentioned up tilt specifically.

Confirm/deny?

Considering there was all of zero posts in the Wii Fit forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Hold up.

Were people actually freaking out about Lucas' grab game being buffed, when the only buff is when the attack MISSES?
It makes it less risky to go for grabs in the first place. Lucas has the worst grab range out of the tethers (maybe Toon Link is worse?) so reducing the end lag on whiff makes sense.

Given that Lucas has a solid combo throw and three kill throws, no longer giving the opponent time to make a cup of tea (peach_teatime.gif) is a solid buff.

NNID
User7a1
Okay, but why does the data state 36% in ssbwiki?
Could be a miscalculation. Maybe it has always done 37% and no one really noticed. Could be a wrong edit.
Wiki's aren't always accurate. Unless we have video evidence or a change in the data dump in 1.0.4 or 1.0.6 that Rests flower damage increased by 1, then we cannot confirm if a change has happened.

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Okay, but why does the data state 36% in ssbwiki?
Just an update on Rest's Flower Damage.
It's been buffed from 35% from 1.0.1 to 37% from whenever. Unfortunately, no one noted when the changed happen. The 36% could have happen in the 1.0.4 update (Wii U Launch), but on 1.0.1 (I actually deleted my 3DS update to get 1.0.1 so I could test Puff's Rest) I test Rest in training mode, and the flower damage did 35%, not 37% like in 1.0.6 or recently. I think this change needs to be added to the patch notes with the asterisks that it happened in a previous update. When and where the 36% happen is almost irrelevant since, well, 37% is a better buff than 36% (but still insignificant).
Photo evidence with crappy quality (3DS has 1.0.1, Wii U has 1.1.3).

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The flower actually does a max of 39% on the current version.

Thing is, moving around makes it fall off sooner, and training CPUs will input actions after being hit that can cause it to fall off 1~x% earlier depending on what they decide to do. On 3DS, pause immediately after hitting with Rest to prevent the CPU from doing anything until the flower falls off, see if that gives a different percent.

NNID
User7a1
Huh, never knew that. I always remembered it being 37%, even when the CPU was set to control.
But... yeah, I updated my 3DS. But if the inputs the CPU makes (which is just moving) equal about 2%, then we know the buff was from 37% to 39% (or more specifically, a 2% buff).
I'll retest when I have time later (and patience to unlock Jigglypuff on the 3DS again).

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Huh, never knew that. I always remembered it being 37%, even when the CPU was set to control.
But... yeah, I updated my 3DS. But if the inputs the CPU makes (which is just moving) equal about 2%, then we know the buff was from 37% to 39% (or more specifically, a 2% buff).
I'll retest when I have time later (and patience to unlock Jigglypuff on the 3DS again).
After a retest, I can confirm that since launch, Rest's Flower damage does a maximum of 39%. However, and I don't know if this can be considered a placebo, but during my comparison of launch Res Flower and 1.1.3 Rest Flower damage, 1.1.3 was more consistent compared to 1.0.1. I used Rest the same number of times in each version.
1.1.3 Rest Flower damage: 36-37% (not paused), 39% (when training mode is paused)
1.0.1 Rest Flower damage: 32-33% (paused), 34-35% (not paused), 39% (when paused).
Not sure why the amount of damage varies when, in training mode, the CPU shouldn't have made inputs, especially more inputs that when unpaused (I paused right after landing Rest). It's probably a technical flub and means nothing.

Last edited:

Charey

Smash Apprentice
After a retest, I can confirm that since launch, Rest's Flower damage does a maximum of 39%. However, and I don't know if this can be considered a placebo, but during my comparison of launch Res Flower and 1.1.3 Rest Flower damage, 1.1.3 was more consistent compared to 1.0.1. I used Rest the same number of times in each version.
1.1.3 Rest Flower damage: 36-37% (not paused), 39% (when training mode is paused)
1.0.1 Rest Flower damage: 32-33% (paused), 34-35% (not paused), 39% (when paused).
Not sure why the amount of damage varies when, in training mode, the CPU shouldn't have made inputs, especially more inputs that when unpaused (I paused right after landing Rest). It's probably a technical flub and means nothing.
I wonder if the flower status itself changed rather then rest. Is there any way to test how many inputs it takes to remove the flower is the same?

NNID
User7a1
I wonder if the flower status itself changed rather then rest. Is there any way to test how many inputs it takes to remove the flower is the same?
I was thinking something with the Flower changed if the damaged from a STOP CPU increased, but I'm not sure how to verify that since I only have 1 3DS (I tried getting the Wii U to be it's launch self and failed). Testing with a mobile CPU in Smash is too variable.
It's something to consider, though. Putting the training CPU on WALK, JUMP, or RUN may do the trick (knowing the CPU inputs for JUMP and WALK should be easy, but RUN would be harder to tell), but again, I'll have to unlock Puff in order to test this since I cannot load an old patch save file, and I already updated my 3DS version again.

Last edited:

nintenesc

Smash Rookie
I was thinking something with the Flower changed if the damaged from a STOP CPU increased, but I'm not sure how to verify that since I only have 1 3DS (I tried getting the Wii U to be it's launch self and failed). Testing with a mobile CPU in Smash is too variable.
It's something to consider, though. Putting the training CPU on WALK, JUMP, or RUN may do the trick (knowing the CPU inputs for JUMP and WALK should be easy, but RUN would be harder to tell), but again, I'll have to unlock Puff in order to test this since I cannot load an old patch save file, and I already updated my 3DS version again.
So far, this is all I know, in every 24 frames is a 1% damage, most likely, and button mashing shortens the duration of the flower effect.

nintenesc

Smash Rookie
So far, this is all I know, in every 24 frames is a 1% damage, most likely, and button mashing shortens the duration of the flower effect.
More test data:
Inputs|Rest flower damage
0 | 59
1 | 57
2 | 56
3 | 54
4 | 53
5 | 52
6 | 50
7 | 49
8 | 48
9 | 46
10 45
After computing, I can probably say that each input reduces 32 frames of the flower effect. Please note that the flower damage happens at the first of the 24 frames

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Late but I know people were talking about Sheik's Burst Grenade. Specifically, somebody commented about no longer being able to combo Burst Grenade into tipper Up Smash. Now, it's already been confirmed that knockback and endlag and the timing of the grenade's explosion are the same. Did anyone test hitlag? Reduced hitlag on the grenade's explosion would reduce follow-up potential.

godogod

Smash Ace
SSBwiki posted that Mewtwo's airspeed was buffed from 1.15 to 1.25. Someone on smashboards mewtwo page commented that whoever wrote that on smashboards.com probably thought so because of his increased dash speed. Something about his faster dash speed jumping into air was responsible for this. I'm not sure how this works exactly?..
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Mewtwo_(SSB4)#Update_history

Top Bottom