• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.3 Patch Notes Discussion

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I propose we call this patch the Turbo patch for the movement speed buffs, and moves with frame data buffs so big they look like they're moving at 2X speed (Lucas grabs, Flying Slam).

godogod

Smash Ace
That IS quite a big bigger xD
Going off that picture, it definitely looks bigger. I opened up MS paint and I cropped the shadowball (1.1.2) from the top image and compared it to the bottom 1.1.3 pic. 1.1.2 shadowball looked noticably smaller. I then resized the 1.1.2, shadowball to 120 for horizontal and vertical (basically 20% bigger), and it fit perfectly. I also cropped out peach on the top half and compared it to the bottom, and its the same size(peach is bending in the first, so it looks shorter), just to verify if peach may have been zoomed out in on of the pics accidentally.. Feel free to verify guys. Before that I was looking up pictures and videos of before and after. It was a bit harder to tell, but it looked bigger. Would be cool if someone had two copies of the 3ds version and compared side by side as well.

Earlier today I did do some testing with throwing shadowballs(at least two dozen times) against cpus in training(while they are hangig on the ledge). It would occasionally hit them. Not often, and it doensn't seem to be enough to really viably chance throwing a shadowball when someone is hanging off a ledge, unlike Lucario who gets it most of the time(even an aura sphere at 0% damage lucario). Could be the zig zag pattern. I did this just as often before the patch, also and I never hit the cpu. I can't 100% confirm this was ever possible before the patch, as maybe I just got unlucky.

BTW, is it just me or does the animation for Mewtwo's dash attack and down smash look different? Seems like there's more special blue effects Mewtwo's down smash seems to look bigger, but I can't verify that and I think its just placebo. But his dash attack, I'm really confident it has some added effects. Anyone wanna test if it got some changes in frames as well?

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
:4villager:Villager ---
  • Neutral Special 1/2/3
    • Does significantly less damage (half?) when used with teammate attacks.
This one is more straightforward than Game & Watch's bucket. Essentially, a pocketed teammate's projectiles does about half as much as the projectile usually does (or about a quarter of its pocketed value).
I did some testing with Dark Pit, Cloud, and Mewtwo.
Full charged DP's arrow does about 11% (freshness included). The usual pocketed damage is about 21%. If Villager pockets a teammate's full charged arrow, the damage is about 5%, or a little under half of 11% (I assume it would be close to 5.5%).
Full charged Shadow ball does about 26%, freshness included (25% freshness excluded). The usual pocket damage is 49%. If Villager pockets a teammate's full charged Shadow Ball, the damage is about 12%, or a little under half of 25% (I assume it would be close to 12.5%).
Cloud's late Grounded Blade Beam does about 6%. The usual pocket damage is about 11% of it. If Village pockets a teammate's late grounded blade beam, the damage is about 3%, or half of 6%.
I did use default pocket, but I assume the other pocket variants do the same, but it would be good to test them if they do (I know Garden only does the same amount of damage as the projectile does). Essentially, the only complicated one is Game & Watch's Default and Overload Oil Panic because he needs 3 projectiles (Efficient Panic should have a simpler formula, but I would need to test again for the value).

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
Can people test if Mewtwo's postpatch shadow all actually has a bigger hitbox to cover shadowball's larger size over the prepatch shadow all?

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Can people test if Mewtwo's postpatch shadow all actually has a bigger hitbox to cover shadowball's larger size over the prepatch shadow all?
I'm pretty sure that that would have been picked up already in the initial datamining.

Last edited:

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
I'm pretty sure that that would have been picked up already in the initial datamining.
Since it is a projectile that is not necessarily the case. Some people are claiming it to be the case, but there are no clear results yet

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I was able to hit with the very edge of the new shadow ball, so it's not just cosmetic, unless the old shadow ball had a disjointed hitbox which I don't think it did.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Can someone test whether or not Lucas' dthrow FAF was changed? It feels to me like it is but I have no method of testing it.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Can someone test if Luigi has had any changes? A few people on the boards seem to think things like Fair being faster or d throw having a bit less KBG. I'd imagine these types of changes would all have been found during data mining, but confirmation would be nice.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post - double post warning
Messed with mk for a bit. Didn't notice anything. Marth too. Anyone else find something new with mk? I'm dropping marth now.
Yeah, kind of sad. Even though I'm an MK main, it's so unfortunate to see him buffed so much since the release, and Marth barely got anything noticeable. And Falco. Why haven't Marth and Falco gotten any meaningful buffs? Oh well, it's great to know Sakurai is only bringing buffs this time around.

They buffed Marth a ton over previous patches, almost more than any other character in the game. Stop being a whiny baby and learn to work with your shortcomings. I main Mewtwo and my character just received buffs.
Yeah, but none of Marth's buffs were meaningful. He still has short range and ugly endlag on most of his moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah, but none of Marth's buffs were meaningful. He still has short range and ugly endlag on most of his moves.
I feel they should increase his active frames so the sword trails hit properly, and his endlag sometimes is a bit ugly (see: upsmash)

But the landing lag buffs helped out a ton, as well as dancing blade's 4th hit comboing, and the jab buff as well. Those were all meaningful buffs...

Just not ridiculous Ike-level buffs.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah, kind of sad. Even though I'm an MK main, it's so unfortunate to see him buffed so much since the release, and Marth barely got anything noticeable. And Falco. Why haven't Marth and Falco gotten any meaningful buffs? Oh well, it's great to know Sakurai is only bringing buffs this time around.

Stop trolling

GidntSquia

Smash Rookie
I went into training mode, and noticed it said that ROB's beep bop is a true combo at kill percents. I'm absolutely sure that didn't happen before. Can someone confirm?

CrazyRay

Smash Rookie
This might be a little irrelevant but I have noticed that the c stick function for smash bros 3ds has been disabled. Is it just me?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I went into training mode, and noticed it said that ROB's beep bop is a true combo at kill percents. I'm absolutely sure that didn't happen before. Can someone confirm?
This has always been a thing. Also, training mode combo counter is a little inaccurate at times.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
You can air dodge before hitstun ends. The combo counter just uses its frames of hitstun calculations (as knockback grows, hitstun does). If you hit with Uair before its hitstun timer ends it'll show a combo but they can air dodge.

godogod

Smash Ace
Will Mewtwo's shadowball size increase be in the patch notes? Several people have it confirmed now.

Last edited:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Out of curiosity, did the guy who found Lucario's fast fall speed mean regular fall speed cause the values he compared Luc's fall speed to were regular fall speeds of MK and ZSS.

Browny

Smash Hater
:4mewtwo:

Shadow ball most definitely is visually bigger and has a bigger hitbox. Consistently managed to clip peoples feet/heads as I fire it through platforms where 1.1.2 missed every single time. This included all sorts of different spacing to account for the wobble of the ball.

Whatever change happened to confusion I cant find it. I spent a long time with both versions of the game side-by-side and everything seemed identical, frame data wise and everything else.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
  • Final hitbox KBG 100 -> 200
  • Final hitbox BKB 0 -> 80
This are the listed changes to the kbockback values of Bowser's UThrow. The KBG values are probably right but I think the BKB values need to be switched (there's no way it has a base knockback of 80 lol)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This are the listed changes to the kbockback values of Bowser's UThrow. The KBG values are probably right but I think the BKB values need to be switched (there's no way it has a base knockback of 80 lol)
Those numbers are for its final hit's splash. Walk into Bowser while he's uthrowing someone else, that final hit will launch you across FD at 0%.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Those numbers are for its final hit's splash. Walk into Bowser while he's uthrowing someone else, that final hit will launch you across FD at 0%.
Oh.

Looking at the data again I'm a little embarrassed I didn't see that. I thought I double checked everything and didn't see any other knockback values. I must have been tired. Thanks.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I can almost confirm they didn't mess with Villager's speed, does that mean Robin's faster now?
Before getting my hopes up I'll race a Jiggs with him
Robin boards would've noticed immediately if they did something like that...so unfortunately, no.
Unless the Japanese got a different version or something.

Last edited:

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Can someone confirm what the MK change is? Someone said it was Drill Rush, but characters can still fall out of it.
Whatever it is, it is a hitbox that sometimes sent people in the opposite direction they were supposed to and no longer does that

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Did Luma always jump backwards behind Rosalina when she grabbed someone or got grabbed?

I'm probably just late on this one...

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Has Villager's watering can been changed? I was playing online and pushed someone into a tree with it, I don't recall it having so much push-power.

nintenesc

Smash Rookie
I found a change in Jigglypuff, this is good for Jigglypuff mains. (not really)
Rest Flower Damage 36% --> 37%

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Did Luma always jump backwards behind Rosalina when she grabbed someone or got grabbed?

I'm probably just late on this one...
This has always been a thing, you can use this to your advantage by either hesitating or not before throwing depending on your character.

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon
Could anyone check if the FAF on Ganondorf's Nair was lowered along with the damage switching? I've seen two other Ganondorf players mention it.

From testing on the 3DS (and checking against Kurogane hammer) Gdorf used to have the same FAF on his Fair and Nair at 45. But now if you perform a rising double jump Nair followed by a bair, you can get a bair hitbox out before you land, while attempting it after a fair results in you getting just the bair landing lag animation.

I can't provide any video evidence myself, currently in Nigeria.

Last edited:
Top Bottom