• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.3 Patch Notes Discussion

Player-1

Smash Legend
Your description says team healing has been nerfed too, but I didn't see it. A 300% Lucario firing an aura sphere into Lucas' PSI magnet healed 30% for me regardless of whether or not Lucario was on Lucas' team.
i tested with lucas PSI magnet and falco laser, in teams on the same team it healed 4%, when not on the same team it healed 8%.

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Your description says team healing has been nerfed too, but I didn't see it. A 300% Lucario firing an aura sphere into Lucas' PSI magnet healed 30% for me regardless of whether or not Lucario was on Lucas' team.
30% is probably the upper threshold of how much PSI magnet can heal (edit for clarification: my theory is that 300% aura sphere is SO POWERFUL that it reaches this threshold even when on the same team), if you use weaker moves you'll see the difference between teammates and enemies.

I haven't tested it, and I don't even spend that much time in the lab, so feel free to ignore this:

Is it possible that L.Mac's super armor has been nerfed?

I was online, and I'm not sure if the connection was just ultra-**** or if it was actually easier to cause Mac to flinch while charging his FSmash.
Little Mac has super armour when he releases the smash, not while he charges it.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
So when is the OP getting updated for the patch notes? There have been a lot more confirmed changes discovered for Mewtwo since then, and I'm assuming others as well.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
What about the Midgar stage? What music tracks does it have on Wii U? I was hoping for at least one Mario RPG music, but from what I am reading, it seems to not be the case. Regardless, how many songs are on that stage on Wii U?

Edit: Turns out that it just has the two music tracks that are present in the Wii U version? That's a shame. There are plenty of good songs from the Final Fantasy series they could have included, and they even played the Forest Maze music over the Geno costume. I had my hopes up for that... ahh well.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I also have another question. How does the buff to Ganon's Up B effect him? I know the launcher does more damage and knockback, but how much earlier does it kill?

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I can confirm that the recoil on Mewtwo's Shadow Ball has indeed been decreased, on both the ground and in the air.

Unfortunately I am at work and am testing on my break so am unable to provide video evidence. However, I have made some notes.

Takes 11 fully charged grounded SB's to reach the left side of Omega Battlefield from the right side.
Takes 2 fully charged aerial SB's to reach the left side of Omega Battlefield from the right side.

Takes 15 fully charged grounded SB's to reach the left side of Omega Battlefield from the right side.
Takes 4 fully charged aerial SB's to reach the left side of Omega Battlefield from the right side.

And this is big, I am pretty certain that Mewtwo's ground movement speed has been increased slightly, both walking and running. It is more noticeable with running, you can see his tail waving about quicker. Does anybody else feel like testing this? If this is true, this is huge. It shows that they are willing to change character specific values, which could mean a weight change somewhere down the line! I can confirm that his weight has not changed as of now, but here's hoping in the future.

Last edited:

BlastLine99

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megatronus
I can confirm that the recoil on Mewtwo's Shadow Ball has indeed been decreased, on both the ground and in the air.

Unfortunately I am at work and am testing on my break so am unable to provide video evidence. However, I have made some notes.

Takes 11 fully charged grounded SB's to reach the right side of Omega Battlefield to the left side.
Takes 2 fully charged aerial SB's to reach the right side of Omega Battlefield to the left side.

Takes 15 fully charged grounded SB's to reach the right side of Omega Battlefield to the left side.
Takes 4 fully charged aerial SB's to reach the right side of Omega Battlefield to the left side.

And this is big, I am pretty certain that Mewtwo's ground movement speed has been increased slightly, both walking and running. It is more noticable with running, you can see his tail waving about quicker. Does anybody else feel like testing this? If this is true, this is huge. It shows that they are willing to change character specific values, which could mean a weight change somewhere down the line! I can confirm that his weight has not changed as of now, but here's hoping in the future.
I've noticed a change in run and walk speed as well. Thought I was just being crazy though.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I've noticed a change in run and walk speed as well. Thought I was just being crazy though.
This could be something else to test out later with other characters, though if anybody else can also confirm that Mewtwo's movement speed has increased that would be swell.

Next I am going to check Samus to see if there are any landing lag changes etc. I will then check all the other characters to see if there are any movement speed changes.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Has Sheik been confirmed to have 'No Changes'? Has anyone confirmed anything?
Sheik's been confirmed to have no hitbox/damage changes, but I don't think they've gone through startup/endlag for her yet.

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
I also have another question. How does the buff to Ganon's Up B effect him? I know the launcher does more damage and knockback, but how much earlier does it kill?
Just slightly behind Falcon Dive; it's like 200% on center and around 140% near the ledge. Still nowhere near its Melee power.

Mariofan13

Smash Cadet
Ikes Upthrow seems to be buffed, it connects far better than before into fair. I will test. It when I'm back at home.
Cann anyone confirm Ike's throw buff?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ikes Upthrow seems to be buffed, it connects far better than before into fair. I will test. It when I'm back at home.
I can confirm that it doesn't exist; does that help?

Mariofan13

Smash Cadet
What about being a bit friendlier?

I'm not the only one who thinks Ike's throw(s) gott buffed, and as ypu see in thos thread, there are more changes than you found by datamining.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

I'm not the only one who thinks Ike's throw(s) gott buffed, and as ypu see in thos thread, there are more changes than you found by datamining.
I'm sorry if you took my tone as rude, I meant it with a smile. Being called out on placebo tends to make people upset, but what else can you do? Allowing misinformation to spread only makes the problem worse in the end.

I did you the courtesy of re-opening Ike's files after your first post, and confirmed there were no changes before I replied.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

I'm sure it was meant in the nicest possible way. I will have a look at the throw later too just to help. Who knows, maybe it is interruptable a few frames earlier or something.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyone confirmed no changes (assuming end-lag hasn't been tested as well) for Wii Fit?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
All the moveset files for characters are confirmed. Some projectiles are not included in that.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
All the moveset files for characters are confirmed. Some projectiles are not included in that.
So things like Samus's missiles for example? What do you mean by projectiles are not included? Is it everything to do with them, like damage and knockback etc? I am just going over Samus next so I can check Samus out if that is any help?

Edit: Seems like Samus's Super Missiles are unchanged anyway, same for regular Missiles. No change to anything, such as still being restricted to 1 super and 2 regular on screen at once, and no changes to damage or knockback or anything.

Last edited:

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Quite happy so many characters that are a bit lower on the tier list/lesser used were buffed so much, especially Robin, Kirby, Link, and Dark Pit. Bit sad for no Mac buffs at the time of typing this, but it's OK! Rather have nothing than a nerf!

Also, still gonna say it out, but I still believe FSmash with a neutral or forward tilt has increase KBG or BKB, used to kill at 62% vs Mario and now kills at 59%, have a chart for proof. Both were against level 3 AI in training (i.e. no staling, no rage, etc etc).

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Also, still gonna say it out, but I still believe FSmash with a neutral or forward tilt has increase KBG or BKB, used to kill at 62% vs Mario and now kills at 59%, have a chart for proof. Both were against level 3 AI in training (i.e. no staling, no rage, etc etc).
How was this tested? Remember that blast lines are different across the 3DS and Wii U, so if you tested across the 3DS and Wii U then it could provide false results. I happen to have two 3DS versions, one still on 1.1.2 and one on 1.1.3 so I can test accurately if you need me too?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Has Sheik been confirmed to have 'No Changes'? Has anyone confirmed anything?
I am 90% sure that side B got more endlag, as its not possible to do side B into running tipper upsmash anymore T_T

Not sure about other changes, she feels a bit weird, but I'll wait for her endlag/landing lag to be more explored before throwing out placebos....

Spikezillian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spikezillian
LOL @ No Zelda buffs whatsoever. Clearly Sakurai doesn't want to please the magicians in the house. Looks like I'm not using her for any possible competitive stuff in the future.

Mewtwo, on the other hand, I can probably use now because no one ever plays the matchup and hes even more consistent and smooth now. So, I'm basically good with that. Also, no more SD'ing like an idiot with shadow ball recoil.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I have just tested myself across two 3DS versions, one on 1.1.2 and one on 1.1.3, and unfortunately I see no change at all with any of Ike's throws. No damage difference or knockback difference (expected, as these would have been picked up in the datamining), and unfortunately no changes to the FAF or anything, so it's exactly the same.

I tested this for you using my two 3DS's, and unfortunately my findings were the same across both versions, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. I pushed a level 3 AI Mario to the very edge of Final Destination for these tests. Forward Smash killed at 72% across both versions, and Forward Tilt killed at 106% across both versions. Sorry!

Noko Metal

Smash Rookie
NNID
No_Metal
Okay, so today with a friend we tested villager in doubles, pocket is nerfed when you pick a projectile from your teammate.
We reflected Villager's down b with Ness' forward smash and use pocket. Tree deals only 11% percents and have literally no knockback on a 0% percent Sonic, that's pure evil.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Though I only have two 3DS's, I can help!
We've heard reports of changes to a lot of stuff, though most is probably wrong. Still, people are going to keep talking about sheik until every single move is tested.

If you could also test any changes to Needles, that would be super. Try at various ranges and at 999%.

Smashchick

Smash Rookie
NNID
TgNoa123
What is kbh and bkg? And the angle is that counted in degrees? Like what is completely right/ left and up/right?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Sorry for the bad quality, but here is proof that Mewtwo's Running Speed has increased. I will upload the Walking Speed comparison shortly.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Sorry for the bad quality, but here is proof that Mewtwo's Running Speed has increased. I will upload the Walking Speed comparison shortly.

Can you get Mario outta the way? Try Battlefield. I see the difference but because different speeds can mean people passing through characters with different time, the differences may be off a bit. Albeit, I don't think precision would be neccesary on this one. So... uh, your call.

But yeah, Mewtwo seems convincingly faster.

2ND CHARACTER STAT CHANGE!

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
They aren't important; I've considered removing them from the list.

Top Bottom