• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
you guys are missing my point. It's not the wifi thats the problem its your approach to wifi and what you take out of it. Also playing in green and blue orb connections doesn't hurt same with having a cable modem. But dont sit there and cry about wifi when you're stealing your neighbors dail up connection and playing people from europe.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
I believe wi-fi is only good for learning matchups and is not to be taken seriously.
However, when I switch from wi-fi Marth to offline Marth, it feels like i've gotten terribly slower. I'm not one who can adjust to lag in one or 2 games. That's why I just prefer to stay away from wi-fi Marth in the first place.

That's the reason I only use Link on wi-fi. ;D

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Double post because my edit button apparently doesn't work (It closes FireFox on me), sorry. =\

Anyway, It's nice to meet you all. I'll probably stick around for a while because I need to brush up on my Marf knowledge. See you guys around the boards.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Um, I have a typically EXCELLENT high-speed wireless internet connection, and I was playing someone LESS THAN AN HOUR'S DRIVE AWAY. yet half the game was at a near standstill. and I'm really really sensitive to the "feel" of my controls, so for Marth--light, quick, dainty little Marth, of all characters--to control like he gained a hundred pounds, just woke up from anesthesia, then went and got thoroughly drunk? Not good. Most of a wifi match for me disintegrates into me mashing buttons yelling at the wii for SOMETHING, ANYTHING to come out.

I seem to do better with ZSS, despite the fact that she requires almost just as much precision as Marth. Maybe it's her range... Although it's incredibly frustrating to try to just walk up to and pick up a suit piece. You end up dash attacking just past it, ftilting just behind it, jabbing right next to it... then for some reason the opponent comes over and picks it up no problem. :|

Soooo. Back to cpus for me. And stadium. Things like target test, I've found, also really help with controlling your character! Take what you can get, I guess. u.u

@M4ge: Good to meet you too! :D see ya round~

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Where have you been Tari?

Btw all you aspiring Marth writers, check out my WWYP entry! it'd be greatly appreciated for comments and critiques! :)

∫unk

Smash Master
Don't run off stage ever

don't move forward after every jump

edit: steel just cause u think it sucks doesn't mean for the majority

im not even saying it doesnt suck i think ur just being dumb as ****

and emo

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Im going to a tourney today too, cept i dont have any money so im just going for friendlies and the like.

How do i not get ***** by lain and anther?

∫unk

Smash Master
marthshadow - you dont gimp when u run off stage versus anyone competent (they save their jumps)... u only get gimped

think about it youre just leaving marth's best zone (ledge traps) and entering marth's worst zone (recovering) for a low success % extra hit... just stay in your good zones in the end you'll do way better that way

don't do it until you really really know what youre doing but i can guarantee you wont for a while (need a lot of high-level tournament experience)

i notice a lot of tournament-newbies do that too for some reason they really want that gimp and want that hit off stage... even if you hit them if they DI right it's not like you're going to gimp them

against ddd retreating f-airs
against icys play mk
against anther i dunno pikachu is dumb

Roxas M

Smash Master
marthshadow - you dont gimp when u run off stage versus anyone competent (they save their jumps)... u only get gimped

think about it youre just leaving marth's best zone (ledge traps) and entering marth's worst zone (recovering) for a low success % extra hit... just stay in your good zones in the end you'll do way better that way

don't do it until you really really know what youre doing but i can guarantee you wont for a while (need a lot of high-level tournament experience)

i notice a lot of tournament-newbies do that too for some reason they really want that gimp and want that hit off stage... even if you hit them if they DI right it's not like you're going to gimp them

against ddd retreating f-airs
against icys play mk
against anther i dunno pikachu is dumb
i must resist the urge to gimp.
it'll be very hard.
can i stage spike them?

∫unk

Smash Master
No don't go for anything just keep poking them off them read an airdodge f smash

do the Neo and n air in place while they recover if ur bored

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
try stagespiking a decent metaknight
see what happens

you die

wtf ally is gonna be there, im totally about to get ***** by him... fun =D

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
lol ZOMG! guyz! Broly just had a "close" ditto with HAZE at HOBO. Too pro. Broly for top 25!

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
haha. Running offstage is my favorite thing, and really easy against CPUs of course, but I didn't need to be told to not do it at the tourney. Far too nervous, and the controls felt far too awkward. Different TVs, very noisy environment whilst I use the sounds Marth makes for a lot of my timing, a controller I'd only been using for like... a day (and I'm really sensitive to the "feel" of the controls x.x), etc. So I didn't even try. I did see several times it would've been beneficial though, like when they had a very predictable recovery. And I just love gimping~

But had I been playing ZSS, it would have been REALLY hard to resist. It's so fun to get under a high-recovering opponent and up-b spike them. Even if they cancel it, it's still awesome. XD And dsmashes to flipkick spikes~

Also, Shayair's my fav name so far.

call me papa~ me be who? so was it wasn't me... and I flee a tsunami!
I'll be the marth~ e.g., noob~ so this is yoshi's b~ this monkey wants to hug hiiiim~

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I started watching that akuma combo video you kept sending me on my own because you aren't sending it to me anymore. :(

Talk to me on aim more!
Im on vacation in PA now so Im rarely on, Im using Meebo as much as I can.

Umm... there's a new ban Meta Knight thread that might be destroyed someday. Though I just logged on today, lol.
Yeah I voted anti ban but I really dont care what happens to mk

When was the last time you were here?
Like 6 weeks.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see a "No MK" tournament and see who wins...probably a Snake but w/e.

Top Bottom