• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
So the... shair? Shaerial? Shayaerial? Shayair? Hrm...

I like catchy nicknames; so sue me. 8D

Semi-unrelated: ****, ZSS is so fricken fun to play! And I can't quite put my finger on why specifically. Haha.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So the... shair? Shaerial? Shayaerial? Shayair? Hrm...

I like catchy nicknames; so sue me. 8D
Me and Cher are tight.

I got you BABE

Do you like ZSS because she's a supermodel from Paris? *hick*

---

Why would I be jealous. Wouldn't you be proud of your creations?
Watch out for The Shaya and Haze Comedy Hour coming to a crappy american television station near you.

Roxas M

Smash Master
@marthshadow: hahaha we are opposites! Haze Walking is easy for me. XD

@junk: ah, I see!

Also, how on earth do you stutter step? I've read every explanation I can find to no avail. That and the retreating pivot grab are two things I just can't seem to work out... >.<

@Backlash: I have been! But will do moar, of course. Can never have enough. Now that I know to buffer the fsmash, it shouldn't be too hard. I kept trying to time it. XD
studer step and retreating pivot grabs are easy for me to do. lol

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Me and Cher are tight.

I got you BABE

Do you like ZSS because she's a supermodel from Paris? *hick*

---

Why would I be jealous. Wouldn't you be proud of your creations?
Watch out for The Shaya and Haze Comedy Hour coming to a crappy american television station near you.
Hahaha.

x2.

...x3. I'd watch that. :lick:

Shayair FTW
W00t \o/

studer step and retreating pivot grabs are easy for me to do. lol
XD We should, like, trade knowledge or something. You teach me those, I teach you Haze Walking or something. Hahaha.

EDIT: also, yeah, now I'm getting fthrows>fsmashes about as often as dthrows>fsmashes. Still prefer the dthrow variation, just for the 1 extra percent and the fact that I still find it easier. XD

And speaking of musical Marths, I discovered something odd--I'm typically a visual, hands-on learner, yet I'm judging ALL my timing audially. There's a beat to everything. DB and it's bum-bumbum-bum (or bum-bumschwa-ha-a-a-a-a!, and so on). Learning the beat of his second jump to time the first of 3 fairs > buffered jump > on the beat, fair again > buffered jump, etc., to pull of the ISJR (or first jump's beat, wait like two beats, second jump's three beats, another couple beats, second jump's three beats... etc. to do it without aerials). So for fthrow/dthrow > fsmash it's like, hear Marth's little "ha!" he does when he throws them, wait a beat, fsmash. And there's probably more. XD

Roxas M

Smash Master
Hahaha.

x2.

...x3. I'd watch that. :lick:

W00t \o/

XD We should, like, trade knowledge or something. You teach me those, I teach you Haze Walking or something. Hahaha.

EDIT: also, yeah, now I'm getting fthrows>fsmashes about as often as dthrows>fsmashes. Still prefer the dthrow variation, just for the 1 extra percent and the fact that I still find it easier. XD

And speaking of musical Marths, I discovered something odd--I'm typically a visual, hands-on learner, yet I'm judging ALL my timing audially. There's a beat to everything. DB and it's bum-bumbum-bum (or bum-bumschwa-ha-a-a-a-a!, and so on). Learning the beat of his second jump to time the first of 3 fairs > buffered jump > on the beat, fair again > buffered jump, etc., to pull of the ISJR (or first jump's beat, wait like two beats, second jump's three beats, another couple beats, second jump's three beats... etc. to do it without aerials). So for fthrow/dthrow > fsmash it's like, hear Marth's little "ha!" he does when he throws them, wait a beat, fsmash. And there's probably more. XD
ok, lets trade info. you first. lol

i actually do the same thing.
i remember the different dancing blade combos by the sounds marth makes.
i do the same thing with roy in melee. it helps my timing when i use DB so i don't accidentally stop in the middle of it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
guys marth is so easy
just neutral air when your near the ground
and fair when your not
and when your on the ground, dtilt, grab, and side b

sometimes utilt and usmash(mindgames)
fsmash sux

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Welcome Extra! And ha, P3 you so fawny :p

How can you forget to mention Marth has a reliable KO move in the late 100s/ early 200s? Uthrow meng.

Player-3

Smash Hero
because, sair is mindgames when they expect a fair
its liek

o hes gonna fair and ill hit him afterwards
so they run in and then
get hit by second hit of sair and are liek
wtfhax, modded wii marf is top tier!1!1!11!11!11one!!1

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
all jokes aside...

Everyone, look at me this!

Someone marf texture this **** now.

Epic hair? check
Epic boots? check
Pretty good sword, but obviously not longer than MKs WHY OH WHY? check
Hot? double check

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
haha welcome, newbies :D

Also, texture hack? I could, but yeah, it'd pretty much just be the colors, though the gloves and boots would work. But not the dress or anything.

Also, holy **** I hate WiFi! Lagging so bad. So, SO bad. It SUCKS to play Marth and lose to GANONDORF on wifi. AND THEN to that same person ALSO playing Marth, despite the fact that they main FOUR OTHER characters BESIDES Marth. And it always seems to effect me 100x more than my opponent! they play like they have little to no input lag, while I might as well not be playing because it's SO LAGGY I'm like a ragdoll for them to throw around and beat up. ;_;

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
holy **** I hate WiFi!
That's one of the reasons I refuse to play Marth on Wi-Fi. Marth revolves around timing, spacing, and reading your opponent. Wi-fi basically screws everything up >_>. You'd probably be better off training on level 1 COMs, incredibly helpful for mastering control of your character.

I do it a lot, and it helps me place at tournaments a lot better.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wonder how neo can play marth online yet alot of you guys cry about online and none of yall are even close to his level.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Wi-Fi isn't terrible on a LAN connection at all for me, but sometimes it can feel as Marth is.. "stuck" persay, it used to cause me to full hop into the ****.

1) Neo is better then us.
2) He has probably adjusted better.
3) All connections are different.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Wi Fi screws a ton of things up for a lot of reasons. And as for NEO, I don't doubt he's good online. I believe, however, he's MUCH better offline.

Top Bottom