• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
We should post links here to all the oline tourneys and then have them all swamped with marths. after we dom every tourney, we submit the results to the character rankings and make marth god tier in otl =D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
If you would hear me out...

I don't think raiding Wi-Fi tourneys would be in the Marth boards best interest.

Mostly because you know...

Marth...Wi-Fi...you understand.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
If you would hear me out...

I don't think raiding Wi-Fi tourneys would be in the Marth boards best interest.

Mostly because you know...

Marth...Wi-Fi...you understand.
This is true... However, if we just took over for a couple of weeks to a month, we could claim first and then be done with it making us look GOOD instead of the fail that marth is on wifi. which was the point originally =0

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Eh, tbh marth is fine on WiFi, just stick w/ people in your general area and its great practice. Still not as fun as irl though
But he plays completely differently. Outside of wifi, he's all about punishment, on wifi he suddenly becomes a great attacker, but latency destroys his punishment game. Actually, it's a lot like Brawl+, only it's shieldstun and hitstun instead of latency.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
wtf@ he plays different on wifi

Marth is one of the best attackers in the game. He's got a ****ing sword

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
wtf@ he plays different on wifi

Marth is one of the best attackers in the game. He's got a ****ing sword
Yes, but he's much better at it on wifi, latency makes reacting to his attacks nearly impossible (f-smash has to be predicted for example), and the same with aerials.

On the other hand, latency kills his ability to shield attacks properly (unless they have a ton of start-up lag) because he can't react to them, he has to predict them. It also makes using OOS options much less useful because latency slows down his inputs of them, meaning an opponent who chose to shield immediately after attacking can often shield his attacks.

Basically, wifi craps all over Marth's defensive game but gives a massive boost to his already good offensive game. He's still good, but different.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Marth isn't that effective defensive anyway imo. And his offensive game suffers by not being able to position yourself/sword exactly how you'd like to due to lag

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
or use snake

and run into people whilst holding a nade. You'll always win.

I combo uairs, nades and up smash on the ledge like a pro due to wifail lag.

This is all from not playing wifi for like 500 years and playing for 10 minutes and realising that Marth can't win, so JUST NADES.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Mike, I'll probably be bringing my laptop + shiznitch anyway.

I can make a combo video of me shaya comboing America.

And I just finished one of my uni subject's MAJOR projects that was worth 60%, it's such a huge god **** sigh of relief!

No DJBrowny, he's:
a) Too noob
b) Too like "I ain't spending money on a vacation that involves a side dish of video gaming... what do you take me for!? A VIDEO GAME NERD!? *NERD RAGE*
c) ***** DJBROWNY!

Aussies coming are:
CAO (reasonably well known from the old [melee] days in California; kinda like doesn't like brawl like yeah like like like but uses Peach ... still)
Party Hard Scale: ?/10 [likes to disappear with Ken and other 'cute' asian male boys for extended periods of time...]
Luke Atyeo: Snake d00d, who plays nade camping until he gets hit once then cyphers away, making every match always 25 minutes when we forget to put the timer on.
PHS: 5/10 [May be too busy trying to find Ally to worship him to party hard]
Vyse: Noobs know Vyse. He's the campiest diddy kong in the oh god it's such a gay camping diddy kong.
Party Hard Scale: 2/10 [May have manned up recently, but he avoids REAL MANS PHUN.
|30ok3r: Ice Climbers guy who I finished off in a interstate crew battle with a fully charged breaker. Seems more interested in SF4 (At Evo), topless pool parties at Vegas whilst his girlfriend is elsewhere and stuff other than SMASH. (What the hell is wrong with this guy?)
Party Hard Scale: 6.7/10 [He's a twisted soul, interprit it as you will]
e_alert: Another ice climbers dude who is ultimate sandbagging bait. He enjoyed bragging about how he beat my metaknight after I suicided twice at 0%. Also likes to argue that Ice Climber's infinites should be LEGAL because they're HARD TO DO (lololololololololol)
-3/10 [Guy's never drunk alcohol before... and likes sitting down a lot ~_~, may put a damper on things :(]
tedeth: Mr. Beard, Mr. Fencer (IIRC, top 5 in Australia? something) [don't mess with him or he'll stab you] and oh god the WOLF THAT HAS BEEN MAKING ME RAGE FROM TIME TO TIME FOR MONTHS. OH GOD WOLF IS LAME. ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLLLLLLLLLLLL
Shaya + 0.5/10 [He'll do what I'll do, but handles more copious amounts of alcohol than I do.
tcranter: My home boy/neighbour, mains pokemon trainer, and will ownz you. Coz you'll be like WHAT THE **** I DIDNT KNOW SQUIRTLE'S WAVEDASHING COULD BE FAST WHEN YOU INTRODUCE JAB CANCELS/PIVOT BOOSTS + OTHER SICK ANNOYING OH MY GODDDDDD **** *hic Pierce*
SECRET/10 [Only god knows what this kid is capable of, his ultimately sarcastic demeanour coupled with dry humour RESULTS in: EPIC if you get him drinking.

Anyone I forget? oh yeah someone thought it would be a good idea to bring their girlfriend... the guy who wants to go to topless pool parties, `-`-`-`-`

lolololol ahh shaya, your such a lols
25 minutes, more like 5 max, grab grabbed mother****er!
its true about tcr though, only god knows...
cant wait to storm america!

Tennet

Smash Champion
Saturday will be fun, supposedly playing two people that are really good... >.< they both have no tourney experience, neither do i though.

Top Bottom