• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Nike.

Smash Hero
Best wishes Junk <3

Does anyone know how he's gonna support himself, financially? That rehab and surgery doesnt sound cheap. :[

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Holy....

Glad you managed to tech that car man, most of us dont remember that real life is only one stock, and if you get ledge-cancel-sung on onett at 100% in real life, the timings tricky.

Get better soon!!! you have all the lurkers and marths in SWF behind you!

Junk Lesson #5
Dont fall asleep in a car

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hey everyone...

I won't be at tournaments for at least half a year because on the way back from SiN, the driver fell asleep at the wheel and we drove off road and spun 5 times. During the spins I got launched out of the car, going somewhere from 75-80mph. I was wearing a seatbelt in the rear seat behind the driver. I ended up 10 feet away from the completely trashed car. The driver (only other person in the car) is completely fine (he stayed in the car).

I was given a 2% chance for living/not being a vegetable, but it seems I'll be okay. I got a neck fracture that was 1mm away from paralysis, and my right leg is really messed up (multiple fractures). I have a bunch of other relatively minor injuries around my body... it hurts to type this.

I didn't know what happened, when I woke up in the hospital. Now I'm at home starting a long rehab process. I might have to have knee surgery but I'm just glad to be alive.

That's all good luck to everyone while I'm gone.

Edit: One good thing I had some pretty good wins at SiN :) but they were all with the penguin.
now i know how goku felt when krillin died in the frieza saga. :(

all funniness aside, this is quite possibly the coolest thing i've ever heard. you were so, so very close to the beginning of the end, but against all odds and variables, you somehow managed to survive something that i don't think is by any means feasibly possible to survive. you've looked death in the eye and smiled at him, prolonging the inevitable by a mere millimeter. one single millimeter.

lady luck was clearly **** riding junk.

in any case, junk, i sincerely hope you get better soon. i'm horrified by the thought that you actually experienced this. to think that you could have died, that you would no longer be alive and active in the smash community, that i would never be able to talk to you again, is an extremely horrifying concept to me and those who care about you.

no more sand bagging, next time drink some redbull and monster and make sure your driver stays awake the entire way back. :mad:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
At least ur ok junk.
Get well soon.

clowsui

Smash Legend
jun k in the trunk! (purposely spelt because he is, indeed, jun k)

thank god you didn't die. you're probably one of the nicest smashers ever, and you're also pretty smart. i can't believe that this happened! stupid driver >( someday, when i'm better, i'll play against you in a marth ditto and you can trounce me. i'll be making the transition to the Jun~! tag now until you get better, seriously...

arghhhh this is such bad news. please don't quit after you recover, jun...you didn't get out of pools at SiN but clearly a higher power meant for you to survive so you may one day play this wonderful game that brings us all together again (aka whatever the higher power is got pissed at you for thinking about quitting). just keep posting and reminding us that you're alive.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I don't know why everyone in this thread seems to assume that Junk owes his life to insane DI and momentum canceling. The reason he survived that crash is obvious. He teched.

@Junk: Better get a head start on that physical therapy for your thumbs. Us west coast marths will be waiting till you to return in all your marth-based (and DDD) glory. Genesis wont be the same without you bro.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yup. He wrote a blog about what happened on All is Brawl. :S I hope he recovers quickly. Get well, Junk In Your Trunk! C: *hugs*

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
Does this mean Lesson 5 is going to come out in half a year?

Get well soon Junk!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow thats insane, get better soon man we're all thinking of you, even over here in australia <3

just think though, no-one will have the courage to dare try to counter pick onett on you.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i blame brawl for making the driver so **** sleepy
That was my line! ;_____;

wow thats insane, get better soon man we're all thinking of you, even over here in australia <3

just think though, no-one will have the courage to dare try to counter pick onett on you.
Isn't Onett banned in almost...everywhere in the US? Maybe even our uber liberal Midwest (confirm clowsui plz).

clowsui

Smash Legend
i allowed onett back in january, it's not legal any more in any mw rulesets, not even in ohio...we usually follow the sbr:b ruleset and are just liberal w/ that

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I hate hearing about things like this, regardless of whether or not I know the person. Just a really horrible situation to go through.

Get well soon Junk. GL and kick rehab's *** :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Isn't Onett banned in almost...everywhere in the US? Maybe even our uber liberal Midwest (confirm clowsui plz).
Luke's always asking whether or not Onett's banned... at every tournament... especially in doubles.

I get a big kick out of saying "No, this isn't Mid 2008 Shaya, *****!" or something close to it... :urg:

§leepy God

Smash Master
Nice font you have there Zeus. :D

Anyways... hopefully Junk's condition won't last very long, it's bad enough that he can't play a game well right now... or can he? O_o

Albert.

Smash Master
there should be a made-for-TV movie about how Junk inspires people in his hospital during his rehabilitation

He gets a bunch of TVs and Wiis And Brawl and he shows all the delinquent sick kids that they can get out of the streets with their passion and skill for brawl.

(after he trains them)

Its a million dollar idea.

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
I didnt notice that Junk have i accident. ****, i hope he recover soon.
Sorry about my english, lol.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I need a car. Not a bike, but a car. So I can meet up with ppl here.

Recently I think marth hasn't been placing as well in tourneys. Are we being surpassed by other characters?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Must I inform people to don't spend their pay checks so soon and save up for a car so it won't take years to get. XD
I don't have a pay. Unless you consider stealing and selling a job. But selling bikes gets difficult when you have to avoid some people and meet others.

lmao true all the other marth players suck xD step it up you sucky marths
I can't. I'm in Missouri.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Luke's always asking whether or not Onett's banned... at every tournament... especially in doubles.

I get a big kick out of saying "No, this isn't Mid 2008 Shaya, *****!" or something close to it... :urg:
lol you've never ever said that to me, but I can imagine you getting a big kick, and not the kind your thinking of.

onett is questionable at best but its lots of fun to play on.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I suck and i have indian parent johns, so i cant go to them in the first place even though their just downtown /cry

sorry CK im letting you down.

Top Bottom