• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I never really get why all Pegasus Knight's were all female, even the enemies. I mean men can ride a girly horse sometimes.... XD
Its a Ego thing, like in battle anyway, the men all wanna be pegasus knights but they get shamed by their peers if they do cause they look "Gay"
They practice when they think nobodies watching though.

Marth, as we know, has no problem with that.

Hence

Smash Ace
Going to a middle school graduation is quite possibly the worst way to spend a Wednesday night; and that's saying something. No one I knew actually went to their middle school graduation. >_>

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
LOL THATS DUMB oh god what has school become LOOOL you have to go to a middle school graduation roooofl how the **** is that even an accomplishment in life graduating middle school ! o.0

VietGeek

Smash Hero
LOL meatriding steel: is that what we do? :/
What a ridiculously rhetorical question.

In fact my Anti-Steel2nd campaign still isn't over yet:

Also obviously my thread is better because it was a real chat thread back in the day.

REAL AS IN RANDOM CHATTING.

Also Junk taking control of this board is a much better idea imo. He lays down rules and tells people to stfu vaguely to practice mindgames and to remind peeps that he has a ghetto Wii.

So then he plays Smash 64.

Steel is like:

kk im gonna 10char dodge and put :mad088: also my avatar is moe

∫unk

Smash Master
i tried this today against a mediocre wario and in training mode, i was tipping about as much as i usually do but doing it this way if i miss i dont even hit them with f-smash at all i just whiff

but its probably just me sucking

VietGeek

Smash Hero
u mean the stutterstep reverse fsmash junk?

yea but obv when u dont play ssbb anymore its cool to exploit **** and look cool to boot

∫unk

Smash Master
as soon as i said im not going to play anymore i start doing better :/

i think the same thing happened to mike i remember a emo blog about a green metaknight

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Everytime i say im gonna quit this game i just step it up and decide not to quit anymore lol. Quitting usually means a plateau in this game lol
I've never really quit before... But I've been brawling since... january? february? idk.

So my ROB is better than my marth and my marth is better than my sheik... blehhhh >.<

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
-> Shaya promoting nair usage; ***** IT MORE.
[17:16] junkinthtrunk: youre using a rising n-air?
[17:16] HiyaShaya: I use nair to rise
[17:16] HiyaShaya: I use nair to catch people trying to fall
[17:17] HiyaShaya: I use its more disjoinedness
[17:20] junkinthtrunk: catch ppl trying to fall?
[17:20] junkinthtrunk: youre using it offensively?
[17:21] junkinthtrunk: do you have a video of this?
[17:24] junkinthtrunk: which is why ppl in general did sh f-air on the rise
[17:24] junkinthtrunk: if you did sh n-air on the rise your open until you fall
[17:24] HiyaShaya: okay
[17:24] HiyaShaya: marth can start to fast fall 25 frames after his short hop
[17:25] HiyaShaya: marth's nair has a hitbox pretty much going from frames 6-19 of that shorthop
[17:25] HiyaShaya: whilst fair only has frames 4-8
[17:28] HiyaShaya: I'll show you a picture
[17:29] HiyaShaya: instead of uploading a vid

[17:31] HiyaShaya: tell me what you see even if the one frame is kinda blurry
[17:31] junkinthtrunk: a bunch of ugly gold and looks like first hit n-air
[17:32] junkinthtrunk: [squirtle] airdodge
[17:32] HiyaShaya: now
[17:32] HiyaShaya: I did a rising sh nair
[17:32] HiyaShaya: it was infinitely a better choice over sh fair
[17:32] HiyaShaya: because
[17:32] HiyaShaya: 1. By the time my nair is over i can start to fast fall
[17:33] HiyaShaya: 2. So that if the nair doesn't hit through their air dodge, I am NOT at a disadvantage for an extended period of time ->WHY? Because Marth's nair angles downwards is HIS MOST DISJOINTED AERIAL(ties with bair actually) and has aerial mobility which covers a retreating weave if necessary.
[17:33] junkinthtrunk: i see, here i would just empty short hop earlier then charge u-smash
[17:33] HiyaShaya: such mixups wouldnt work forever
[17:33] junkinthtrunk: but this is a good idea
[17:34] junkinthtrunk: okay but this is more like
[17:34] junkinthtrunk: just n-air lasting longer in an advantaged state
[17:34] HiyaShaya: and me being able to get to the ground shortly after the hitbox ends compared to fair
[17:34] junkinthtrunk: yeah yeah
[17:34] junkinthtrunk: here n-air is like 1000x better
[17:34] junkinthtrunk: you should make a thread on it

I'm lazy for threads, I'd feel tacky for actually just doing what I've done in this post for an entire thread.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Everytime i say im gonna quit this game i just step it up and decide not to quit anymore lol. Quitting usually means a plateau in this game lol
When I want to quit and am on a stale plateau:
1. I start maining random (except against **** characters like D3 where I don't want to take the chance)
2. People are like "Wow, you have an amazing _____! You really know how to use ______ for ______!" (or something like that)
3.I take a second look at my main about two weeks from the ordeal with some new, funky-fresh concepts, and it makes it better.
4.???
5.Profit!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So I played against Chu last weekend.

I've never had to think so hard in my life. Ah well, I took a match off of him in GFs anyway. Vids are almost all up, and I'll link to one of the matches in the video thread if anyone cares.

I don't see how NEO makes all of the right decisions....I can see what I should do, but it's so tough for me to be consistent. I need to think things through better, I guess.

But uh yeah, Nair, it's really good. I've been using it more lately, and I'm liking the results.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
So I played against Chu last weekend.

I've never had to think so hard in my life. Ah well, I took a match off of him in GFs anyway. Vids are almost all up, and I'll link to one of the matches in the video thread if anyone cares.

I don't see how NEO makes all of the right decisions....I can see what I should do, but it's so tough for me to be consistent. I need to think things through better, I guess.

But uh yeah, Nair, it's really good. I've been using it more lately, and I'm liking the results.

haha thats why i quit marth the comp up here Is too good >_> if you dont play like neo then you wont win up here simple is that :urg:

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
Write a Marth guide Shaya. So that people can build up from the basics, plus there will be much less questions in the Q&A thread.

It might even help people pick up Marth. Because I was going through the Wario and Snake threads and they have some awesome guides. We have guides sure, but we need all that stuff in one good solid guide with pictures and what not.

Top Bottom