• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Roxas M

Smash Master
A mixture Tiger & Bunny, Iroha, Nichijou (still airing as longer than 12 episode seasons) and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and The World God Only Knows season 2.
Holy long *** name for an anime. I hear so many different names I don't know which is which anymore.

But The world god only knows season 2 was legit. I also wish someone warned me about the ending to Angel beats....:(

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yo so I was messing around in training mode and fthrow to tipper dsmash works on fox, d3, pikachu, shiek, squirtle, and captain falcon I'm not sure if it works on others it might. Its pretty dope.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
At what percents? I'd rather not stale my d-smash, I tend to save that for a quick kill around 120-130% most of the time.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm assuming 0, as those are all characters that can be fthrow chained. It's neat, but you're giving up free damage. Position might be better, but you'll also lag more.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Alright more stuff on the fthrow>dsmash tipper

-Works at same percents as fthrow>Fsmash tipper (obvious)
- It can be helpful for when you just get a grab after gaining the stock lead and your fsmash is stale enough to do less damage than dsmash at the time
- It also helps in D3 MU since it will knock them back less than the fsmash would and lets you apply pressure quicker than you would be able to after a Fthrow>Fsmash

More soon, maybe

∫unk

Smash Master
wth shaya you leaked my posting habits to the public, maybe you should get depurpled :)

i think f-smash would generally be better because ddd gets owned trying to recover horizontally. vertically we have a bunch of jumps and we fall really fast. f-throw -> u-air or f-throw -> f-air would be better mixups than f-throw -> d-smash.

edit:

random q... did anyone else start playing marth because of ken? i did lol

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yes that would be better if we grab D3 at the ledge but i mean if we grab him mid stage where it wouldnt be enough to knock him off stage, also before anyone says "LOL Grab D3 who has the best grab range? trollololol" This is just another trick for us to use incase we get in that situation, one less situation to worry about and one more situation we got a nice trick for.

∫unk

Smash Master
but there's so much ending lag on d-smash... ddd might be able to ff b-air you before you can get your shield up.

lol how much would that suck... you f-throw x3 -> d-smash and he responds with weak hit b-air (tripping you) -> chaingrab w/ pummel -> ledgetrap.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Saving kill moves at 0, Raziek?
Just DB twice at 100, your like the king of DB :p
I'm just not really seeing much benefit to using D-Smash over F-Smash, honestly. Assuming it's tipped, I don't like people being that close to me. I prefer the positional control F-Smash offers.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I always forget about usmash being guaranteed too.

Shame dthrow to usmash doesn't work on anyone, methinks (actually it may.. fthrow x2 dthrow usmash would mostly be better than db instead of usmash, but that grab combo resets your move queue almost completely and works on everyone, so meh)

Roxas M

Smash Master
first thing you did wrong was pick a bad color marth

okay, first things, lucario is ****ing stupid

walk is the only thing marth can approach him wtih, dont try aerials, you'll get fsmashed, don't try dash, you'll get fsmashed

walk > powershield > grabs/db/dtilt/w/e is the only thing you can really do to him when he has the spacing on you

walk, watch for the froll behind you (if he tries it) otherwise you can react to his stuff, such as fsmash

NEVER commit to anything vs lucario

when juggling lucario, don't be directly below him, his dair is ********, juggle with fairs and bairs instead of uairs

thats all i can think of

the match was just you getting outplayed.... alot

spike moar, lucario up bing = free dair/fair stagespike
I have to quote this post because it helped me get 3rd at a tournament today.
First time i've made money at a tourney.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I have to quote this post because it helped me get 3rd at a tournament today.
First time i've made money at a tourney.
this makes me happy on the inside

now give me my share of the loot, son

also, green marth is the best marth, red marth is hte only other acceptable color.

all other colors are trash.

Roxas M

Smash Master

Ban it. I hate it when I alwaya trade with Shuttle loop but still die anyways. Or I counter it but MK is in the air before the counter actually hits him.

If I ever place again then I'll share the loot. Pretty sure me making money was a fluke.

And green marth IS the best marth. I'm thinking about changing the rest of the marth color selections to green now.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
[yt]-NyvpsniLbA[/yt]

Well then...

Shuttle loop is the gayest move OF ALL TIME.
I can't believe how cleanly that just destroyed mike from him reading jumps / recovery positions :(
that wasn't really reading, and Ramin showed me that stuff more than a year ago, prolly close to two years. Nothing new.

Top Bottom