• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Whoa I just noticed you were in Troy! That's like, right next to my city. Ima stalk you nao.

Btw Anokoku did you go to the West Bloomfield Tourny? (they've had a couple within the last year).
Sure, I'm always looking for Smashers that live close by, since Ann Arbor's an hour drive each way. And I only went to the second one, but I don't think I remember seeing your name?
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=3948

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Gigabits coming up...Shall MK be used...or only Marth...

Im am under a great decision atm...any advice (even tho its obv what I SHOULD be doing xD)

I have a lot of pride for my main but I also want to not get gheyed by stuff that shouldnt even be in Brawl like Norfair and ****
Use MK but make a Marth tag.

Or texture hack your MK costume of choice to have "Marth 2.0" embroidered clearly on his cape to use in any Wii consoles that allow texture hacks. o_O

Possibly both? =3

I remember there's a pic of some girl being able to do the =3 face IRL. o_o;

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Steel, I'm taking your thumbs up icon. I don't care if you care or not. *Skips away*

∫unk

Smash Master
If you go off placings then I'm not. I won't explain it tho cuz then like 6 people will be like "NO JOHNS etc. etc."

I've beaten every other Marth tho. If you go off that, I'm the best.

Actually I'm the only full Marth in Chicago I think, but that's gonna change when I start using MK.

Iunno, once I get my placings to match my skill, I will be. Got one on Saturday, root for meh Marth pplz.
Laughing. My. ****ing. ***. Off.

SOLID, I hope you understand how big of a noob you are on swf and irl. That's step 1 into getting a little better. I'm not trying to be mean I'm trying to help you out but this is the worst attitude you can have for someone of your skill level.

I understand what it's like to want to be respected and want to be good. Everyone feels this at some level. Your intentions are good but you're going about it in the wrong way.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Heh nice ideas Viet :D.

@Anokoku. Oh, I go by the name Yoshi Kirishima. I only went to the second one too.
Lol just realized that they show the ranks... I got last place XD
Honestly though, I did extremely horrible... well it was my first tournament :). First, I was paired up with Lain (lol), then when I went to Loser's Brackets I faced my friend and then my annoying friend Speedfalcon kept distracting me by shouting out random crap during the match, and also I didn't understand fully how the Stage Strike thing went (i figured out later that I messed up and put myself at a distadvantage), and then at the beginning of the match in Losers (against ROBQ), he suddenly says that he didn't pick his profile name, stuff. So then I asked him if he wanted to restart, and that I think it would be ok as long as we both agreed, and we could set percentages back to where they were... he didn't really say anything, but gave the impression to me that he wanted to, and then finally when I already restarted he says something... it was major lulz.
I didn't get disappointed after all this though since whenever I'm in a tournament (especially since it was my first) I already prepared my mindset for losing. But now I'll know what to do next tourny XD.
Thanks for the link.
Hmm I remember I played WTP, but don't remember who he was or who he played... IIRC he was my level though. He played Olimar and he had blond curly hair (some people would call it an afro) wore a hat that day.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I actually lose in friendlies; shocking I know.

So when some homedawg is like yo, I be beating dis Shaya in friendlies, so I'll put a solid 3 stock on your ***, so when you lose I can be like I solidly 3 stocked you. MGD is the always the "CRACK DOWN ON JOHNS" platoon. I kinda love it.

I also like "THC", "3 hours sleep", "melee" and "Bowyer's funny face" johns.
*cough*

I also really really like "STEEL", "Party game without hitstun" and "I WASNT CAMPING GOOD ENOUGH" johns.

I also don't like "I suck", "Gotta get better at the game", or "If only I was MikeHaze" johns. MORE ORIGINALITY PALEASE. I caught dibs on being MikeHaze first, then Neo, then God

I also lol continually at "Emblem Lord said so", "every character is gay", "Sakura in school uniform isn't in brawl" and "Yuri was blocking my vision while playing Samus so it's why I lost" johns.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Heh nice ideas Viet :D.

@Anokoku. Oh, I go by the name Yoshi Kirishima. I only went to the second one too.
Lol just realized that they show the ranks... I got last place XD
Honestly though, I did extremely horrible... well it was my first tournament :). First, I was paired up with Lain (lol), then when I went to Loser's Brackets I faced my friend and then my annoying friend Speedfalcon kept distracting me by shouting out random crap during the match, and also I didn't understand fully how the Stage Strike thing went (i figured out later that I messed up and put myself at a distadvantage), and then at the beginning of the match in Losers (against ROBQ), he suddenly says that he didn't pick his profile name, stuff. So then I asked him if he wanted to restart, and that I think it would be ok as long as we both agreed, and we could set percentages back to where they were... he didn't really say anything, but gave the impression to me that he wanted to, and then finally when I already restarted he says something... it was major lulz.
I didn't get disappointed after all this though since whenever I'm in a tournament (especially since it was my first) I already prepared my mindset for losing. But now I'll know what to do next tourny XD.
Thanks for the link.
Hmm I remember I played WTP, but don't remember who he was or who he played... IIRC he was my level though. He played Olimar and he had blond curly hair (some people would call it an afro) wore a hat that day.
You might've played Roi? Anyway, if you feel like it send me a PM with contact info or something. I'll probably be bored all weekend.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Gigabits coming up...Shall MK be used...or only Marth...

Im am under a great decision atm...any advice (even tho its obv what I SHOULD be doing xD)

I have a lot of pride for my main but I also want to not get gheyed by stuff that shouldnt even be in Brawl like Norfair and ****
Marth, marth. If I come back from my cruise to see a Marth/MK, I'm going to own you in Pokemonz.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I also like "THC", "3 hours sleep", "melee" and "Bowyer's funny face" johns.
*cough*

I also really really like "I WASNT CAMPING GOOD ENOUGH" johns.

I also don't like "I suck", "Gotta get better at the game" johns.
you got me

whatever

next tourney is probably 6/20...will hopefully be playing dehf/mike/junk to get some training

then 6/27 is ohio tourney...if i get mike/junk training or larry training i will get top 8.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
You might've played Roi? Anyway, if you feel like it send me a PM with contact info or something. I'll probably be bored all weekend.
Mmk :) I'll probably recognize him the next time I go. Btw are you going to the next one? It's on June 13th.

Ok will do. One of my bigger goals of that tournament was finding all the famous players that I knew (you, SP, Anther, etc...) I forgot to look for you though XD.

∫unk

Smash Master
shaya don't u play a pokemon trainer in grand finals

and not trying in friendlies is dumb but playing gay in friendlies is dumb too sooo :/

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I saw bengalz and a few other marths ( *cough* Junk and Legendary *choke*) on AiB. Apparently thats where he develops all his 1337 marth AT h4x.

P.S. Did anyone else laugh when they saw that Genesis will be taking payment at the door?

Edit: My take on how to play friendlies is "play to learn first, then to win". It usually works out fine.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, grand finals with PT is awesome.

I sit back with my chain grab releasing grin on Squirtle as the hordes of players scream for salvation:

"HOW THE **** DO I BEAT THE MENACE THAT IS SQUIRTLE?"

@Backslash
I lol'd heartily, we're so gonna get rolled.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I saw bengalz and a few other marths ( *cough* Junk and Legendary *choke*) on AiB. Apparently thats where he develops all his 1337 marth AT h4x.

P.S. Did anyone else laugh when they saw that Genesis will be taking payment at the door?
no but that makes me really angry. I was gonna save up hardcore for it but stopped due to the fact I figured I couldn't get enough money by when payment was due >_>

feardragon64

Smash Champion
And yeah, don't base your skill off friendlies.

Some people don't try nearly as hard in friendlies and the outcome can be completely different in a tourny setting.
*Coughpanda&boywerVSsolid&fearcoughlowtierVShighcoughgotrapedcough*
*takes a cough drop*

shaya don't u play a pokemon trainer in grand finals

and not trying in friendlies is dumb but playing gay in friendlies is dumb too sooo :/
lol I think that's why he was saying if he makes it through winner's finals he's alright. lol.

I can understand sandbagging a bit in friendlies if you're like, I don't want people to figure out all my tricks right before I go at them in a tournament, but sandbagging entirely is kinda lame cause then it's like you're not improving and unless you're still owning them, you're not giving your enemy a chance to improve. You're just wasting both your time(minus I guess just being able to play and have fun but I find it more fun to be improving =\).

At Genesis payment at door, I straight up laughed out loud in the middle of a room full of people I didn't know when I saw that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Friendlies is an opportunity to take risks, make mistakes, throw reason to the curb, and find out how sophisticated the opponent's "panic" response is to certain aspects of game play. No matter how much they sandbag, they see something perculiar and their instant response to it is generally static and is a great abusing mechanic.

∫unk

Smash Master
when i play with mike we try to be as gay as possible

wow that sounded homo

fear's coming by to play me guys im gonna get ***** (fear PM me ur phone number or something)

oh we could save and upload the matches i guess

do you guys have "rage games"? like whenever mike or i lose to someone we shouldn't have lost to we'll play someone in a friendly to get our anger out. it's not even fun for the other person cause clearly we're mad lol but it helps.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Friendlies is an opportunity to take risks, make mistakes, throw reason to the curb, and find out how sophisticated the opponent's "panic" response is to certain aspects of game play. No matter how much they sandbag, they see something perculiar and their instant response to it is generally static and is a great abusing mechanic.
This is the medium I usually end up at. Taking it serious, but trying to apply new things and attempting to read my opponent. Learning how to read opponents is awesome, and friendlies is a great way to do it.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
WTF Feardragon

I will be in Fremont soon

....let's play friendlies =)
**** son I'm in fremont every Summer and whenever I'm back for vacation from college. We gotta meet up. sometime.

fear's coming by to play me guys im gonna get ***** (fear PM me ur phone number or something)

oh we could save and upload the matches i guess

do you guys have "rage games"? like whenever mike or i lose to someone we shouldn't have lost to we'll play someone in a friendly to get our anger out. it's not even fun for the other person cause clearly we're mad lol but it helps.
If by ***** you mean shoving Marth's sword and DDD's hammer up my *** repeatedly, then ya.

And oh god I have rage games all the time. Although it's usually for wifi.
Then I find out 4 months later I would have lost off of wifi anyways cause it turned out to be Zori(fairly good olimar player?) or Xisin.
Seriously xisin, thanks for humiliating me. lmao(even if it was wifi xD)

Top Bottom