• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
shaya its just an fsmash using true pivot mechanics. fsmash happens to be the easiest move to do out of it, and its instantly useful.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yo, Junk, I was under the impression that you had quit (multiple times) already.

Back, or just trilling?

:131:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
wait are u telling me i could d-smash out of it as well ?
Yessir. But it would have to be a turnaround dsmash.

Well, technically you could do a forward downsmash but its almost unrealistic technically, and it would be a few frames slower to account for the turnaround.

You can literally do anything out of a true pivot, since if done correctly, you end up just standing a neutral position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tmLsflA_c

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Can't watch the video, but I was under the impression that true pivot only worked out of the initial dash, but it sounds like you're talking about running. Did someone find something out, or am I just wrong?

:131:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I spent like 2 weeks last year trying to find ways to use true pivots.

Pivot -> Ftilt. Seemed to be best used against an opponents ariel approach and the opponent is too far out of range for pivot grab.

Pivot -> Dtilt. As much as I had wanted to use this, pivot grab is just too easy and simple, doing the same thing. Only thing I can think of is if you used the dtilt by edge and you wanna poke the opponent back off stage without their jump (A recovering snake who's falling without their double jump comes to mind, especially since you wont hit the grenade he's holding).

Pivot -> dsmash/fsmash. Obviously only good for killing moves. Untippered won't do much sadly. Pivot -> tipper smash requires perfect spacing, timing, and manliness. If you get one off for a kill, your amazing.

I can't really think of other ways to use true pivots. pivot grab is 83096836036534 times easier :(

VietGeek

Smash Hero
hey vietgeek, how'd you feel about the climax of the most evil show of the season?

also dancing kuroneko in cat ears + tail, amirite?
kuroneko is SSS tier, knows all those option selects

kirino seems forced

both the tsun

and the dere

all forced

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
100% Tsun
0% dere?

I want the next lineup to start already, nothing will replace my love for Ika Musume though..

Oh and I recently watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (late) but I enjoyed it quite much.

Oh Marth Discussion uhh
I can Pivot things, but I have more trouble learning wave bouncing for some reason.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dash -> stutter step fsmash is a lot easier and accomplishes the same thing...but you can only fsmash. still...thats what you're doing most of the time anyway

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Uhh, no
You do an initial dash, at the end of it you hit the analog the other way and then return it to neutral (something like a 2-3 frame window otherwise you dash back the other way) and then you fsmash

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VfW0evE0Hs&feature=related
Not quite.

1.) Initial Dash
2.) From frame 15-20(?) of the dash, dash again in the same direction
3.) Immediately move the analog in the opposite direction of the initial dash
4.) Reset the analog to neutral within 3 frames of what the input you did in step 3.

Result: Marth is standing where the initial dash took him facing the opposite way. You can do anything off this as you are in neutral.

Dash > Fsmash is much easier.

Just:
1.) Initial Dash
2.) From frame 15-20ish of the dash, dash again in the same direction
3.) Immediately C-stick in the direction you wish to fsmash.

Thats it. Easy and effective.

Top Bottom