• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Nike.

Smash Hero
Its not that good in this MU for the same reason it isnt that good in others: landing a jab doesnt net you an advantageous situation.
Your actually right about this. It's good against iSDR because it clashes, putting both at neutral. I'm not sure if I should be using it against normal SDR. Maybe I'l give it a try.

Sonic doesnt have to approach all the time. When he does, pretty much every move in the game beats his approach. You might as well say lolspamupB because it beats his approach. People who like to theorycraft that jab beats all of Sonic's approaches should try and tell me how that theorycrafting is not supposed work on Wario. Of course spamming anti-approaches wont serve any purpose, because Sonic has no reason to approach all the time.
Timing has to be perfect against every approach. A dtilt, nair, or fair that was used a split second earlier gets punished hard simply because dash attack, SDR, or grab comes out so fast.

That, and Espy is really good at run -> powershield grab.

Nike vs Espy vids were funny because Nike played like garbage. You beat Sonic by not playing like garbage.
I literally posted those videos simply to get critiqued or helped by others. I ****ing know that I play like garbage against Espy, that was the point of uploading them. If I need help against someone, I don't post vids against somebody I'm better than because I won't get better.

That was harsh dude.

Also, nair > fair against Sonic.
I used nair more than fair, enough to make Shaya proud.

Also, SDI > fair. L2SDI its not that hard.
SDI'd the very first fair he does, punishing him afterwards. You sure your watching the right videos?

I missed the SDI on other occasions, though, because it caught me by surprise. I know how to punish it.

Also, grounded counter is pretty terribad against Sonic.
Counter applies to Sonic the same as everyone else. It's used when you read a move, hence why we never used it as an option in matchup discussions.

You aren't supposed to. What about a rather realistic combination of the two?

Technical perfection? Lacking. One of the most important things when playing Marth.

Positioning? Awful.

General decision making (OH HE'S IN FRONT OF ME LET'S BAIR)? Terrible.

Random jabs that don't work? They don't work.

If you don't know whether I was trying to be a prick or to be honest, just think about whether or not what I posted was truthful. You can say I'm a prick because I'm honest, I don't care :)
Dude wtf is your problem? I'm not a national player. I'm not a top10 marth. I'm average. You didn't help me at all, you just talked about how bad I am, when I'm just an average marth. Your not this harsh against the other marth players who post their vids in the critique thread. I don't understand why you did that to me.

You sound like a ****ing master of the sonic matchup. Must be from the dozens of sonic mains in Europe, my bad.

It's freakin Espy, dude, THE BEST SONIC PLAYER. Love to see you beat him by not playing garbage.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
moments that made brawl EXCITING

flame wars
trolling
controversies involving tortilla chips (or thereby lack of)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Lol I rarely if ever post in the video critique thread, mostly because when I did people started whining about how my critique was sooooo mean. My posts weren't meant to be giving you tips, I was simply stating a couple of facts. If I wanted to help you directly, I would've posted in the relevant thread and perhaps be a little bit more nice and critique-y (after all, 'youre garbage, GARBAGE' isn't really a helpful critique).

The only thing I wrote that could even be remotely aimed at you was 'L2SDI', I didn't recall too much SDI but perhaps I was wrong at that (in that case, my sincere apologies).

But as said before, I am not really hating on you. I think my tier list of Marth hate targets are kinda like:

Eazy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> most others including you >>>>>>>> European Marths because they're European and polarizing things is cool. I even made as much as a positive comment on your comment video (OH SHI-).

Also Greward is probably the best Sonic main in the world until proven otherwise (I double dare you, take that seriously).

Player-3

Smash Hero
chair you wouldn't flame me

right

right?!?!!

also tenten why did you rage quit in the middle of the match? the first game wasn't even halfway over...

Tennet

Smash Champion
chair you wouldn't flame me

right

right?!?!!

also tenten why did you rage quit in the middle of the match? the first game wasn't even halfway over...
lolwut i just 3 stocked 4 comps real fast to see if i could still do stuff cuz my friend still plays so i was going to go play some brawl with him eventually...

Laurel

Smash Ace
reigun lives on the border, so he'll automatically get a very large variation of tortilla chips to choose from

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
reigun lives on the border, so he'll automatically get a very large variation of tortilla chips to choose from
It's actually about 30 minutes away now, since I moved. A safer upgrade from the previous 5 minutes :D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
New topic:

Eggs with broccoli, potatoes, cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, salt, onions, and garlic powder go well together. Also habanero tabasco is great.

Hai Marfs.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
new topic: So Joe I heard you're using MK more now.

(un)
Not true. At my last tourney I had to verse a D3 and a Pika main in winners bracket so naturally, I used Mk.

I always use Wolf except in a few matchups like ones that require a lot of work like D3, Pika, and Falco (I still go Wolf vs Falco though).
i am using more mk actually recently i won some milk with him
He was talking to me I think.
^ wtf .
new topic: homemade lobster da bess
Make me some.

Player-3

Smash Hero
so we're both named joe?

that's pretty awesome though

but forreal i won a free for all with mk and won some milk from it

then lost some milk from losing to zelda with my mk on mario bros

****ing turtles bro

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Dude wtf is your problem? I'm not a national player. I'm not a top10 marth. I'm average. You didn't help me at all, you just talked about how bad I am, when I'm just an average marth. Your not this harsh against the other marth players who post their vids in the critique thread. I don't understand why you did that to me.

You sound like a ****ing master of the sonic matchup. Must be from the dozens of sonic mains in Europe, my bad.

It's freakin Espy, dude, THE BEST SONIC PLAYER. Love to see you beat him by not playing garbage.
Honestly, Chair is a complete **** from what I've seen. The worst part is, even if you take out all the trash talk in his "critique," it's still not even sound advice. lololol

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Anarchy! Everyone wants to be me!
Anarchy, yeah! Get it up so I can see!
Anarchy! Let it flow, wild and free!
Anarchy, yeah! Y'all ready for the gig?!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Chair doesn't tell you what to do, he tells you what areas need concentration.
He is very harsh, but that's just his attitude against everyone.

The main thing is that just about anyone can look garbage against a better player than them. You think I looked 'good' at all while playing Mew2King? Am I garbage? Well... in comparison sure. fasd;lkfa;sdlfkda;dfkafAFA FA

- Chair remember that promise to bring forth love and friendship?

Now positioning against Sonic?
Well there's the ledge.
Why the ledge? (or near it): Because Sonic relies on his great mobility mix ups at 180 degrees around your body; zoning near ledges cuts that down a bit.
Sonic can gimp Marth, but he doesn't have too many opportunities to do so. His throws for the most part don't put marth in terrible positions if he grabs you near the ledge as well.

Nair does well obviously because it covers 180 degrees around his body. Back air is EXTREMELY good because that **** just hits everywhere depending on Marth's aerial movements/fast falling. And by everywhere I mean where Sonic doesn't "like" to be, between 0-45 degrees in front of you.

Sonic's dash to shield and those grounded mix ups are really troublesome because they're purely 50/50 in theory. However that's where sliding from pivot grabs (which Sonic will have to "guess" and keep moving to punish effectively) is helpful, and also being near a ledge where you can retreat aerials beyond where Sonic can reliably access.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah I'm very harsh and a huge **** if you insist on interpreting what I say that way.

Very much supported by the fact that everyone who met me @ Apex is actually rather positive about me. I prefer not to use that as an argument, especially considering the fact no one cares and will prefer to just call me an *** regardless entirely on basis of online, sarcastic comments made by me.

That put aside, what I say is usually true (even if entirely unhelpful). I can like, be super awesome and add smileys after each of my post, or even (!) note how super special awesome you guys make my day (nah not really). I can 'contribute' by noting details about nair and its applications, even though it's just repeating the stuff you guys are all supposed to know by now.

It's so cruel and unsatisfactory if everyone claims to be aiming to be better, or claim to be contributing to these boards if after months or even years, people still don't know how long Marth's jumpsquat takes, or whether or not tippers increase or decrease shield advantage, or that utilt is a killing move, or how to dtilt without crouching.

Why do I know all of these things? Why do I know how to play the Sonic MU even though I've played like, 3 or 4 matches in my entire life against mediocre Sonics? Why does it take you guys so long to get a clue and develop your perspective in the metagame?

Nah right here, I'm not even bashing you guys. I'm not even caring about anyone's opinion about me apart of Europe because honestly, uniting the European Smash scene and making sure that effort is worthwhile is the only thing I consider something worth spending my time on, apart of writing random stuff just to keep my English up-to-date. If, with the latter, I can also actually have a fun time causing flame wars or controversy, I won't refrain from doing so.

tl;dr I don't really care about anyone who finds me a terribad person just because they feel flamed by my honesty and my occasional lack of kindness. If you have a problem with me, you're the one with a problem. Start laughing rather than whining, and perhaps you'll have a better time tolerating my posts (for christ's sake, I'm European, trolling your *** without even trying, get a grip of yourself).

Edit: I even take the effort to include punctuation, decent grammar and a fairly up-to-date vocabulary. FFS.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lul. Well regardless Chair seems like a pretty cool person.

It's weird though, I was always tought not to move when fighting against a Sonic. Just stay in one position and go from there. I just have terribad reactions.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
uhhh yeah...and I also "h8" how these fools are talking about sonic as if he's jigglypuff. YES YOU KNOW, IT JUST MIGHT BE POSSIBLE FOR SONIC TO WIN OMG :O

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Sonic is a very gimmicky character. If you know how to fight sonic it's not THAT hard.

San is a beastly *** ike, but if you know how to fight ike. It still shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
$100 on Espy over any of these people that "know how to fight Sonic." M2K and Texas not included.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Sonic is gaaaaaaaay

I'd honestly play a top mk player than a top sonic player, even though id prolly lose

Top Bottom