• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

C.J.

Smash Master
Except the whole, if MK torandos us stupidly we get a grab on him... which leads to ****. Especially if we're near an edge of the stage part.... yeah, sucks.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I've decided from now until WHobo 3, I'm only going to practice and play as Marth. I've been too distracted messin around with other characters and I need to learn so much more still, so anyone can hit me up on wifi if you want, better than nothin for me

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yeah, we found (stalked) him in Corpus. Zano, if you can make it down on the 22nd, Broly and I will teach you as much as we can.

Laem

Smash Champion
i missed the time there was drama in this thread :(
i have however recognized this strange influx of link players from England called Andy.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
**** you mr r and europe ****
<3 you gaiz
I bringing back drama!

What's your best option if you graph wario underneath a battlefield / sv platform?

C.J.

Smash Master
SV I would assume PC->regrab

DS, Utilt, and aerials will hit him before he lands though. I think I remember Shaya saying that reverse DS kills earlier that utilt does (maybe?) so if you're trying to kill, do that, unless it's stale. In which case, utilt. Aerials will lead to other stuff. I guess you could jump DB and finish it on landing? Although that seems stupid easy to DI out of.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
PC grab isn't guaranteed, though a lot of Warios are stupid and shield in that situation.

Also yeah perhaps I should try and exploit this gray area called explicit content again. Perhaps later this year.

Alternatively (and perhaps preferably), I'll try to make outrageous yet totally truthful statements in order to bait a discussion which will lead to the general self-development of the average Marth main, or perhaps the development of the Lucas metagame.

Indeed, all of that will be dubbed banworthy in terms of being explicit, or trolling, or flaming or being off-topic, all of those issues giving me 6-point infractions just because it's me. Because obviously, my intentions would be clear (yet simultaneously misinterpreted). Carefully written appeals would be rejected, and this account would die a lonely SWF death.

But then the Lord would revive because he'd be behind 7 proxies.

Isn't that a nice story.

Instead, I'll just post this because all of the aforementioned would be considered 'camp', and I'd like to start my day wasting people's time:

I rarely feel like behavioral analysis. Love hasn't been the issue for a while now (and believe me, love it was). With 'having it my way', I meant not having to think about you anymore, because that went oh so well and it was a beautiful thing. The only bitterness I could feel about it was the fact that I never had the balls to want to have you as a friend, and that whichever way I wanted to approach it, I knew I'd do it all wrong if I were to try and approach you that way regardless. I'm mad at myself because I haven't been able to act the way I want to ever since 6 months ago: like someone who could take it.

Last time I saw you, November? I don't know, I didn't feel like seeing you anymore. I didn't feel like being so happy whenever I had seen you, without you caring about it one bit. I wanted it to stop, and for the millionth time I took the initiative to just let you go. That went well. I was finally happy again, and I could just do my thing without my thoughts moving towards you every night. I did so many new things, experienced so many new experiences, and just about everything I once wanted to have from you were given to me by others. Just like that. Everything made sense. Jane came into my life and distracted me from you, she showed me that I was in fact, exactly the guy I thought I was.

I know that I ruined more than I made up the last couple of months (if I made anything up in the first place, that is). The only thing I've been wanting all that time is rebuilt my friendship with you, but I never saw an opening for that and it disappointed me that I tried to spot one anyway. Your book contributed to that, and that was the main reason I wanted to bring it back. Every time I wanted to read it, I was subconsciously making the decision whether or not I should just completely let you go, shut you off, or whether I should just have you make the initiative, or whatever, something else I couldn't even think about.

During New Year's Eve, John was extremely frustrated and upset. I tried to cheer him up by sharing a few drinks, and I managed to help him out with a lot of issues. His issues reminded me of too many things. I wasn't even that wasted, by the time I got to your front door I was sober, even. I just wanted to get rid of it, I wanted to end it. I spent the last couple of days being bitter. I didn't want to talk to you, I didn't want to see you. I just wanted to drop the damn book in the mailbox and be done with it. Apparently, that wasn't how it was meant to be. For the first time in 2 years, I started to cry. Everything I wanted was us to stay friends, and the choice not to make contact with you, hoping you would take that initiative instead, was a choice made purely out of frustration. I wanted to see you never really cared all that much, I wanted to you be an example, an example of how to ignore people out of my life.

Yeah, you ask me: why would I continue to bother you with this, all you have done is being honest. You must understand that oftentimes, I had to mentally torture myself just to be able to leave you alone. It's in my nature to want to talk about it, that's how I differ from you. I don't know whether that makes me a crybaby, or simply someone with different needs. For all I know I'm just a wuss, but I wouldn't be ashamed of that even if I were one.

I could write a whole bunch more about it but it wouldn't do anyone any good. I leave the choice whether or not to revive our friendship entirely in your hands. I won't expect anything, and you won't hear me complain if you just don't feel like it anymore.

It's a shame I allowed it all to happen like this. I was wrong, have always been wrong and have always been aware of that. At least I learned. A lot, even. That's the one thing I'll never regret about this, and about which I'll always be thankful to you, as well as for the beautiful times I was able to spend with you. As said: I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed. In myself.

Until whenever,

Steve
And with that, I'll leave you guys alone for the next *insert random number* hours. Have a splendid day.

clowsui

Smash Legend
What Rei-Gun said is true in part, actually

Jab is a huge problem for Sonic imo

also, don't jump as much and try to react to him more...most marths don't swing to hit sonic for some reason, lol

Lord Chair

Smash Master
people overrate jab lol

Its not that good in this MU for the same reason it isnt that good in others: landing a jab doesnt net you an advantageous situation.

Sonic doesnt have to approach all the time. When he does, pretty much every move in the game beats his approach. You might as well say lolspamupB because it beats his approach. People who like to theorycraft that jab beats all of Sonic's approaches should try and tell me how that theorycrafting is not supposed work on Wario. Of course spamming anti-approaches wont serve any purpose, because Sonic has no reason to approach all the time.

Nike vs Espy vids were funny because Nike played like garbage. You beat Sonic by not playing like garbage.

Also, nair > fair against Sonic.

Also, SDI > fair. L2SDI its not that hard.

Also, grounded counter is pretty terribad against Sonic.

edit: Silly American Marths, henceforth I will call you SAM.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Nike vs Espy vids were funny because Nike played like garbage. You beat Sonic by not playing like garbage.
Brutal Honesty or just being a ****? I can't tell lol

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You aren't supposed to. What about a rather realistic combination of the two?

Technical perfection? Lacking. One of the most important things when playing Marth.

Positioning? Awful.

General decision making (OH HE'S IN FRONT OF ME LET'S BAIR)? Terrible.

Random jabs that don't work? They don't work.

If you don't know whether I was trying to be a prick or to be honest, just think about whether or not what I posted was truthful. You can say I'm a prick because I'm honest, I don't care :)

Top Bottom