• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Heh.

Well, Earthbound is one of the best RPGs of all time, and was probably the most unique on the SNES because it didn't deal with knights and things like that. It was a new idea (that makes fun of America a lot).

I'd recommend it and MOTHER 3 to you. MOTHER 1 is just...it's hardcore oldschool so it's pretty hard.
I've always wanted to play the Mother games... One of my friends was playing Mother 3 once (I think it was Mother 3) and he said something about an English patch and stuff. XD

I'm a retro gamer at heart. Difficulty is no real obstacle to me, and I'm mostly an old-school gamer. I'll check it out.

Also, permanent points are the best thing since pineapples.
Pierce, have you played Super Mario RPG? That game is so amazing~. <3

I really wished we had more SMRPG games like that. Don't get me wrong, I love Paper Mario (it was the first Mario RPG I've ever played), but it's just not the same... :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth is one of the most demanding characters in terms of precision and timing, you just don't think of him as "technical" because he doesn't have flashy AT's to master. practicing with marth, outside of some grab tricks, is mostly about mastering simple things

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Is this a real question? I found the Lazy Shell before I hit puberty. I've been jumping on Goombas before I could jump in real life.
LOL. <3 Pierce. :bee:

Yeah, I've only played remakes of SNES/NES games... The only actual old game I've played that wasn't a remake was SMRPG. ;~;

On a side note, I've played 64 games and I can say...

64 > every game system. Ever.

SSB64, Kirby 64, Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, Pokemon stadium 1/2, Pokemon puzzle, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Yoshi Story (wasn't too much a fan of this game cuz it's so easy... ;~;), and, of course, Star Fox 64.

Too good. XD

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
SNES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N64(minus OoT)

DKC1-3
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Contra III
Tecmo Bowl
ALttP
SMRPG
Battletoads + Double Dragon <3

Soooo many good Snes games, I could literally go on forever.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Killer Instinct (the only other fighter I'm proficient at)
Street Fighter
Super Mario All Stars
Megaman X
Super Metroid

the bass keeps running.

N64 was also hella legit

Cube was also legit, but not until really late, when it's entire library was legit. Like, as you're looking at it try to compete with PS2 and Xbox, you're like "Really?" But then you look at the all star library at the end, and you just see Mario Kart Double Dash, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Melee, Pikman, Phantasy Star Online, Tales of Symphonia, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron amongst so many others, and you're like "Yeah really"

It just got overshadowed by Halo, KH, and FF hype.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Killer Instinct (the only other fighter I'm proficient at)
Street Fighter
Super Mario All Stars
Megaman X
Super Metroid

the bass keeps running.

N64 was also hella legit

Cube was also legit, but not until really late, when it's entire library was legit. Like, as you're looking at it try to compete with PS2 and Xbox, you're like "Really?" But then you look at the all star library at the end, and you just see Mario Kart Double Dash, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Melee, Pikman, Phantasy Star Online, Tales of Symphonia, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron amongst so many others, and you're like "Yeah really"

It just got overshadowed by Halo, KH, and FF hype.
Killer Instict was craaaazy good. Loved that game.

So many gems on there as well. I could start listing like 50 other games that most people haven't even heard of lol. Spiderman- Separation Anxiety was too legit, Marvel- War of the Gems, Wrestlemania (LOL), etc etc.

Lots of good RPGs on there as well... Breath of Fire, a few FFs, CHRONO TRIGGER ( can't believe i forgot that until now) and a few others.

And yea, the cube is mad underrated. ToS is one of my favorite games ever, as are the 2 Baten Kaitos games.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
For the record, I don't make derogatory or demeaning comments. If anything, they're encouraging, seeing as how I only speak the truth.

etecoon

Smash Hero
most nintendo consoles until the wii were near equal IMO, if I really had to rank them it'd be N64 > SNES> GCN > NES, but really until the past 4 years or so nintendo was consistently excellent

brawl is the only wii game I play :/ looking forward to DKC at least, haven't actually been hyped for a wii game like this in a long time

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
TBH I only convinced my sister that she wanted a wii for xmas was so i could buy SSBB.

It is currently the only game I own on it.

And hurray Halo hype. Too bad its COD hype now.

I dont understand why. MW2 sucked extreme balls and chodes.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
black ops is actually good ive heard though
Its good. It has a couple problems.
1. Servers are crap, takes atleast 15 mins to get into a lobby.

2. The knifing is horrible. Yeah, they took out Commando Perk but you still get a good 5 foot lunge AND kids panic knife almost automatically. Its really bad.

3. The guns in the beginning blow pretty hard. They all suck till around 14-21 depending on what kind of style you like.

4. Gun balance seems to be an issue. The Commando(Assault Rifle) is considered by many to be overpowered. And there just seems to be a big gap between all the guns. You can't use any gun you want to like in COD4 or COD5.

5. Some of the maps are absolutely terrible.

I think that after they fix these problems it MIGHT take Cod5

1. Cod4
2. Cod5
3. Black Ops
4. All other COD's
5. MW2

Laurel

Smash Ace
i heard the maps were way better than mw2, all the maps in that game were horrible...a part of why i quit playing it. mw1 is still prob the best one, but ill still get black ops eventually.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Marth players are more refined. This current generation of Marth players isn't as refined as the previous two, but they still do Marth proud.

I don't think I'm going to watch HP7.1 until 7.2 comes out, and then I'll watch them together.

Also, I'm beyond hyped for DKC-R. It comes out Tuesday, and that's when everyone has Thanksgiving Break. LET'S GO.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh Black Ops is okay. I'm not really a big fan of CoD to begin with. I just wanted another new game for my ps3. Doesn't get enough love.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah but.. i heard they have the scorpion moose

and that it is actually good in this game

in cod4 i put an acog on my scorpion and went ridiculous scores of like 20-10 and **** like that LOL

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
too broke to buy black ops or any games for that matter atm =/

on a side note marth on wifi is so weird with lag u cant jump around as easy its annoying

Reizilla

I saw HP 7.1, Albert. Didn't see 6 though, so I was pretty lost and probably didn't enjoy it as much as I would have. haha

Albert.

Smash Master
Pierce there were a few weeks where I was very torn on whether or not to try and watch 7.1 & 7.2 together next summer, but my curiosity got the better of me. Figuring that I would NOT be able to withstand 7 months of having all of that delicious HP footage out there and accessible while willfully ignoring it, I opted to "just get it over with" and went to the Midnight premiere (er... the 12:30 premiere cause the midnight ones sold out xD )

Please tell me you've read the books

Player-3

Smash Hero
played black ops yesterday

omg that game is amazing LOL

the dragunov isn't as bad as everyone told me it was.... but i hate the skorpion in this game for some reason :(

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Marth players are more refined. This current generation of Marth players isn't as refined as the previous two, but they still do Marth proud.
Pierce, what do you mean by this exactly?
Because I looked up refined and it means "very subtle, precise, exact". I mean this wasn't the first definition of the word but i assumed this is what you meant.
I'm just trying to figure out what you mean when you say this.

Reizilla

Pierce, what do you mean by this exactly?
Because I looked up refined and it means "very subtle, precise, exact". I mean this wasn't the first definition of the word but i assumed this is what you meant.
I'm just trying to figure out what you mean when you say this.
This is exactly what he means.

Albert, no I haven't read the books. Not past the fourth one, at least. I thought this one was movie 6. >_<

makoforce

Smash Ace

I don't think I'm going to watch HP7.1 until 7.2 comes out, and then I'll watch them together.

Also, I'm beyond hyped for DKC-R. It comes out Tuesday, and that's when everyone has Thanksgiving Break. LET'S GO.
what are the other two generations you are talking about?

Top Bottom