• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
First page: every post must be Marth related, no off topic stuff, etc etc.
"oh o.k. this may a nice place to start posting...."
Last page: anime argument and vulgar language. I can't decide if I love this place or am highly confused by the administration.
also, white Marth is best Marth, except when people still refer to him as wedding Marth.
Lol. Well, I'll be the first to welcome you to the Marth boards. I like White Marth, too, but Black Marth is where it's at for me. Soul Society Marth is what I call Black Marth. Don't take my Bleach references for me being a huge fan of Bleach. I'm a huge Byakuya fan.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah... on second thought I had to lay out the business.
Stuff like that just isn't welcome here.

It takes a new person's ideas to give me proper insight on something, for that, thanks.

BLM won't be back here or the boards in general until the 9th of November.
Other infractions have also been handed out, I hope you consider them fair.

Player-3

Smash Hero
finally he's gone

LOL rei gun mad salty because i was just flaming blm for being an annoying piece of **** and saying a bunch of random stuff that didn't really make any sense

clowsui

Smash Legend
i don't care about my infraction shaya lol, angel actually predicted it anyways so it serves as a point of hilarity

also welcome to the marth boards sov

if you're hoping your MU with diddy will be any easier with marth though...sorry kevin is hella good at that MU not to mention marth probably loses to diddy 55:45, 6:4 on some stages like ZSS :c

but i mean that's probably not the only reason so =D

white marth is ugly though >_<

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
white marth:

1. is the best dressed
2. has the best grades (got into Harvard)
3. doesn't have a criminal record
4. works for google

Jokes aside, how dare you *******s say white marth is ugly.
Dude, the costume is based on LEAF

don't make me ****ing search for my post about how mother ****ing awesome LEAF is.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

It takes a new person's ideas to give me proper insight on something, for that, thanks.

<3<3<3<3 I'm glad you decided to ban him. I feel it was very fair and well worth the infraction I got.

Ily shaya u da bes :D

Also Cyan marth da bes.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, like, current debating standards. 's easy to get away with presenting craploads of fallacies, mostly because invalidating given fallacies leaves less of an impression than making statements which are left unanswered. There's no risk in stating things, there is a serious risk in not being able to defend yourself. Of course, this implies a serious imbalance between offense and defense.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
's like, appealing a ban for the sake of appealing: 's dangerous because it entirely circumvents the purpose of the appealing process, which is to protect users against unjustified and/or unwarranted banning. If for some reason people wish to exploit their (presumed) right to appeal by putting it into practice solely for the sake of argument, they're wasting people's time regardless of what the relevant administrators decide to do with the mentioned appeal. Hence, adding an option during the banning process which allows a moderator to make temporary bans not open to being appealed against would be administratively beneficial. Also, Alex.

About Alex
's like, I don't even actively think about her. All I'm doing is writing down her name during lectures so every once in a while, 's no more than actively putting emphasize on the fact that I really do, in fact, unnecessarily care about her. So even though random third parties would conclude that I'm still obsessively in love with her, I'd deny just that. Despite me writing down her name on, literally, every page. Lately, I've been thinking about other women rather more often than about her: by now I've spent so much time thinking about her I'd have nothing else to ponder. Love and the rapture it tends to produce aren't inseparable, thank god they aren't.

Warmth wished,

~Chair

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
@Sov

I like Renji. Gin and Uliquorra are my fav's.
Sorry if I murdered the spelling.
Uliq reminds me of marth. Byakuya is too snooty IMO.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

Your couch too.

finally he's gone

LOL rei gun mad salty because i was just flaming blm for being an annoying piece of **** and saying a bunch of random stuff that didn't really make any sense
I was genuinely lawling at your post.

i don't care about my infraction shaya lol, angel actually predicted it anyways so it serves as a point of hilarity

>_<
This is amazing. She must have some kind of special power.

white marth:

1. is the best dressed
2. has the best grades (got into Harvard)
3. doesn't have a criminal record
4. works for google

Jokes aside, how dare you *******s say white marth is ugly.
Dude, the costume is based on LEAF

don't make me ****ing search for my post about how mother ****ing awesome LEAF is.
agreed.

<3<3<3<3 I'm glad you decided to ban him. I feel it was very fair and well worth the infraction I got.

Ily shaya u da bes :D

Also Cyan marth da bes.
Teach me to tell the future pl0x?

I always think of Korius from japan when I think of white marth.
I don't get it.

Y'know, like, current debating standards. 's easy to get away with presenting craploads of fallacies, mostly because invalidating given fallacies leaves less of an impression than making statements which are left unanswered. There's no risk in stating things, there is a serious risk in not being able to defend yourself. Of course, this implies a serious imbalance between offense and defense.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
's like, appealing a ban for the sake of appealing: 's dangerous because it entirely circumvents the purpose of the appealing process, which is to protect users against unjustified and/or unwarranted banning. If for some reason people wish to exploit their (presumed) right to appeal by putting it into practice solely for the sake of argument, they're wasting people's time regardless of what the relevant administrators decide to do with the mentioned appeal. Hence, adding an option during the banning process which allows a moderator to make temporary bans not open to being appealed against would be administratively beneficial. Also, Alex.

About Alex
's like, I don't even actively think about her. All I'm doing is writing down her name during lectures so every once in a while, 's no more than actively putting emphasize on the fact that I really do, in fact, unnecessarily care about her. So even though random third parties would conclude that I'm still obsessively in love with her, I'd deny just that. Despite me writing down her name on, literally, every page. Lately, I've been thinking about other women rather more often than about her: by now I've spent so much time thinking about her I'd have nothing else to ponder. Love and the rapture it tends to produce aren't inseparable, thank god they aren't.

Warmth wished,

~Chair

Boobies.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, I believe.
Too painful for me :x

@Sov

I like Renji. Gin and Uliquorra are my fav's.
Sorry if I murdered the spelling.
Uliq reminds me of marth. Byakuya is too snooty IMO.

Lol. Well, I'll be the first to welcome you to the Marth boards. I like White Marth, too, but Black Marth is where it's at for me. Soul Society Marth is what I call Black Marth. Don't take my Bleach references for me being a huge fan of Bleach. I'm a huge Byakuya fan.
Wedding Marth da bess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I see. Yeah, I didn't play that bad game :)
God Tier Trolling (TM).

Melee is sometimes fun, then you play mew2king and you're like "**** it, I never want to play this PoS broken game ever"

There's only so much Final Destination near the ledge camping he can do (when you use marf :() before I rage quit.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Heaven help me I'm actually thinking of playing this game again.

And in tournies no less. smh.

Need something to do while I wait for Super Street Fighter 4 DLC balance patch and new character patch.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Is it time for an updated Marth color tier list?

Top-
Light Blue (Just sexy in every way. Great color correlation and it gives that classic look)

High-
White (Overall very fly, I'd go out to the club with that outfit on. Fits the hair well)
Default Blue (Nice mesh of colors, very solid choice overall)

Mid-
Black (Juts looks kinda tacky overall, but i fux with the cape)
Green (Really close with black, but I had to put this one below it just because the green they have is kinda gross and the cape is lame)

Bottom-
Red (the hair/outfit combo is disgusting, overall just a horrible outfit)

Doubles Rankings!

-Green
-Blue
-Red

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Red Marth da bess.

I use white though.

Theres nothing quite like spacing the **** out of your oppponent because youre afraid to get bloodstains on your tunic.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Wow good stuff EL, you got a lot of catching up to do.

I take it you're maining Marth still and not MK or another top tier?

It's gonna be a great feeling GIVING EL pointers rather than vice-versa as he catches up. :bee:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It's true Steel lol

I got tired of using green and black because EVERYONE uses them
what'd you do, pick red once i stopped playing so i wouldn't say anything?

steel still plays smash?

AMAZING.
LOLNO

Heaven help me I'm actually thinking of playing this game again.

And in tournies no less. smh.

Need something to do while I wait for Super Street Fighter 4 DLC balance patch and new character patch.
ahahhahah. *goes to laugh at you on aim

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Ahh thats a little rough, it's more matchup specific stuff honestly.

Like if you did actually get back into it and were having trouble with elements of certain matchups, we'd be able to point out how we got around those things.

That said, there are a few universal changes that most Marth's have made including:

-Dthrow Chains on all the spacies and possibly MK now
-New Grab release shenanigans
-True pivots being used a lot more
-Platform canceling
-Heavier emphasis placed on power shielding
-Far less retreating aerials, and people have basically figured out Marth's walls at this point, so they aren't very effective on higher tiered characters
-Marths seem to be doing a lot better against Snake now, so that matchup in general would probably need to be relearned and re-emphasized.
-Shield breaker used more as a spacing tool

I mean Marth has really evolved a lot since you were last actively playing/researching this game. Most of it is matchup specific, but I tried to touch on some general changes. Theres a lot more.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So nothing exciting lolz.

But about true pivot. How is it done and what can I do out of it. Os it just those few frames between chancing direction in the initial dash where i can do anything?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Mike had been using platform canceling in 09, but Mr R really took it to a whole new level. Now we get a question about it at least once a week the Q&A thread. It's created a whole new mix up game. Some matchups are now having having smashville as a cp instead of battlefield due to it's ****.

Albert.

Smash Master
Bengals I didn't know you took your flamboyancy pills today with that costume assessment.

I should dig up that flamingly homosexual JPG I made of you because it seems applicable at the moment :p

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
people have been using platform canceling since the game came out

retreating aerials was ****ing 07 metagame and the game wasnt even out yet

what does that mean people have figured out marths walls. with marths tools there are a ton of things he could do when he zones someone, its not the same thing over and over. people can read it or use a good option to get past it but its not like its just 'figured out'

Top Bottom