• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think it's my tendency to run off stage and dair. I haven't seen many/any other marths do that so I think thats where I excel at.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm really good with tech chasing and grabs. :]

Most other things...:urg:

Albert.

Smash Master
wall of text.

Unique...

hmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0PRmBFM7Ik&feature=channel_page

It's kinda old so my style has kinda changed but I still think it's very unique. ^_^
>_<

Viet when does your Emo-ness loose it's charm?

Uh, retreating Dancing Blade, SHDB, ATTACK, I use Shield Breaker as an attack, and I have sick cross-ups.

Oh, I also try to optimize on comboing with Marth.
Good ****. I've seen other Marths SHDB but you probably have different applications for it. I think that as a little weird mix-up could it be developed more. OR NOT.

btw I was using SB on a DK today and there wasn't much he could do.

I like your posts Pierce7d.

Predicting Airdodges :)

Thank you gg
Kadaj wins the thread.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I whiff dancing blade alot
I dont use Fair enough
I kinda suck

I <3 nair too much for my own good
F-tilt is my best friend, ***** everything so hard

yea im unique =P

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question, how do you justify Marth's position on the tier list?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
What do I do different that separates me from other Marth's...uhhhh

I use ALL my tilts A LOT, not just dtilt lol

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
What do i do different? Umm Jump --> Turnaround DB --> Bair KO (common sense but I never really see it) and I'm always doing Uair and Usmash tech chases.

∫unk

Smash Master
i hate smelly/sweaty feet

i pivot dash a lot and use it like dash dance in melee and in between stocks

if u do it right u can constantly dash back and forth until u trip

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I hate just about every character in this game, and think they're all stupidly gay and broken.

I also especially hate vsing Snakes when I'm not on the higher controller port (match up difference goes from like 60:40 to like 80:20; RAGE).

I also hate everything.

BUT, I like spamming Marth's utilt, and I'm good at juggling with Marth's untippered uair for extended periods of lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Do people here think Meta Knight is Marth's worst matchup? I've been disagreeing with that but then I get things like
I do think that MK ***** marth the worst of all characters, and tbh I don't even think Marth is a very good character in general
and
While I do agree that range is an important factor, I also feel like Marth's zoning can really shut Snake down when Snake isn't in the neutral position, whereas MK has tons of escape options and safer options against it.
I'd like some second opinions. I have way more trouble with characters that actually outrange Marth instead of just being really quick and stuff, but maybe that's just me.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Do people here think Meta Knight is Marth's worst matchup? I've been disagreeing with that but then I get things like

and

I'd like some second opinions. I have way more trouble with characters that actually outrange Marth instead of just being really quick and stuff, but maybe that's just me.
It is, without a doubt his worst match up.

Marth in the air = Tornado. You can't camp MK in the air at all, and you almost feel like you're forced to because he outranges you on the ground.

Marth approaching in the air = Get dragon punched. Also Marth's fair only just BARELY outranges MK's up b from what I know. Not to mention it only just BARELY outranges MK's fair, so again it's not easy to challenge him in the air.

Dtilt isn't safe at all.

MK's dtilt outranges your fair, so he can just stand outside your approaching fair range and hit you.

not even going to go into edge guarding.

In general a turtling MK ***** Marth if the MK knows the match up inside and out. Marth has no options besides stay back and wait for MK to mess up.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Metaknight is gay for the reasons stated above but if you think of it like this...

Steel and the rest of us were just going over Marth's zones. MK has no bad zones, as we have them. Campy Meta's would be right in our red zone (camping), which is neutral for MK and **** us with his tilts and nado.

Snake is weak in the air and offstage and Dedede is weak from underneath and offstage. MK is weak from uhhhh nowhere.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
MK and D3 are the two worst IMO, then Snake.

What makes my Marth unique?

I'd say my usage of pivot grabs, jab, and definitely my ledge guarding game.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I do think of the mk match up as marths worst match up. the reason on this is I actually think quite abstract during the game itself, I won't stick with one strategy cause as said several times before... mk has an answer to everything marth can do except silly grab release nonsense and then thats just not getting grabbed. While pivot grabbing a charging mk helps solve this (pivot grabs beat all his dash approaches + tornado since marth has a monsterous grab range on the pivot.) It doesnt always prove to be an option since mk will just turtle at times.

Best way i found to play an mk is to swap aggro to defense alot and just be random... and by random i mean doing things that doesnt make sense at times too.. like i said i have an abstract method to this match up. Some perks though is mk can actually be juggled... just the spacing is tight, and mk actually has little room for error if the Marth can space a tipper worth a ****. The only reason I think dedede and snake are actually bad match ups is they can be afforded so many darned mistakes due to their weight. However if the mk makes a mistake at anything above 50% it can prove fatal for them. (I've f-smashed tipper'd several mks out of their shuttle loop before including some good ones lol. and not on the land like during it due to spacing error on their part.) The only thing i can think about the match up is be observant to their mistakes, and punish them as hard as you can... No one's perfect.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think we should watch Roy R vids he seems to be able to do abnormally well against MK. What is Roy R doing differently that gives him such good results against MK?

∫unk

Smash Master
roy r got ***** by tyrant at whobo (socal mk) so even though roy r is the best marth ive seen vs mk if the mk knows the matchup as well u can get 2 stocked easy

i dont think roy r is the best at other matchups, and when i say best i just mean ppl ive seen play in person so no ec ppl :(

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
roy r got ***** by tyrant at whobo (socal mk) so even though roy r is the best marth ive seen vs mk if the mk knows the matchup as well u can get 2 stocked easy

i dont think roy r is the best at other matchups, and when i say best i just mean ppl ive seen play in person so no ec ppl :(
IDK if it was **** I didn't see that match but I heard on the live stream he got 2-stocked in the last match of the set. But general he plays well against MK. Maybe it's just me though but he seems to play the MK match up really well.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Hmm. What makes my marth unique? I guess I use dsmash as a kill move more often than the average marth (i also link dtilt to tipper dsmash a lot). I also use SB as an attack, usually at the beginning of the match cuz ppl dont expect it lol, and i like stutter step fsmash against anything floaty or with wings. Im sure that there are other marths that do this as well but i use laggy attacks from a safe distance to get my opponent to approach.

Side note: Lol @ the irony of ppl being unique just like EVERYBODY else

Top Bottom