• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Karl is not fail. And it's all about Canus. Pent is twice as useful and less time consuming than any of the other mages though.
Karel is fail. Guy and Lyn easily replace him. Lucius ***** much harder than Pent and takes less time depending on your style. Nino is amazing and worth the time.

Lol, you sound like pikablu or somebody from gamefaqs.

The require less experience and sometimes are useful, other times are not. Pent's got far better stats then Erk, even though he joins promoted, and is one of the most consistently useful promote in the game.

Nino comes too late to be a primary mage till the endgame, she's pretty **** at that point though, which makes her worth training if you don't care about ranking.

Canas is pretty powerful too.

Pent does not compare to Lucius and Nino at all. Game completion is not an issue; player versus player is ultimately what I play for.

Nino is far better than Pent, so I use her in my teams.

Canas can easily be taken down by those faster than him when facing other players.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pent does not compare to Lucius and Nino at all. Game completion is not an issue; player versus player is ultimately what I play for.

Nino is far better than Pent, so I use her in my teams.

Canas can easily be taken down by those faster than him when facing other players.
Fair enough, cept for one issue.

Nino has very low con. Sure she's powerful, but it really reduces her usefulness in the arena.

And yes, that is Canas' Achilles heel. I'd never use him in pvp.

Just understand, the operating assumption is main game unless you specify otherwise, so it does well to explain.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Fair enough, cept for one issue.

Nino has very low con. Sure she's powerful, but it really reduces her usefulness in the arena.

And yes, that is Canas' Achilles heel. I'd never use him in pvp.

Just understand, the operating assumption is main game unless you specify otherwise, so it does well to explain.
I mainly use Nino to end Generals and Warriors as well as weaken Hector.

I should have been more specific.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
so i just DLed MvC2 today, it's pretty awesome.

Sakura + Cable + Venom

Lol I haven't looked at tiers yet, but the all probably suck >_>

I hope at least sakura is good in this game.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Cable is top tier, every else does.

Cable + Iron Man + Ryu/BB Hood.

Guys, I'm joining the AiB latter, trying to see how it is with my Marth. Pray for me!

feardragon64

Smash Champion
(8:21:23 PM) feardragon: I need motivation to go practice marth instead of mk =[
(8:23:51 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: uhh
(8:23:54 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: he's worse
(8:23:57 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: ur going to do worse
(8:24:01 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: ur goign to get gimped
(8:24:06 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: u can't kill easy
(8:24:11 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: u can't rack up damage easy
(8:24:18 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: oh wait u wanted motivation to play marth
(8:24:23 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: hmmmmmmm
(8:24:27 PM) feardragon: T_T
(8:24:29 PM) feardragon: you suck
(8:24:33 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: well he's got side b and spike
(8:24:39 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: thats pretty much it
(8:24:42 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: tip f-smash

Junk is a good sensei.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Hector>Raven
Rebecca>Raven
Dart>Raven
Thats unfair. Bringing Hector into this.

Who'd you prefer: Matthew or Legault.
I know Jaffar is better than both >_>

Also, lol @ Cable sucking. He, Storm, Captain Commando, Magneto and Sentinel are gods in MvC2.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I agree about Matthew in comparison to Legault. Although, I've never maxed out both characters, Matthew is definitely better than Legault as a thief.

Did you play FE6?

Player-3

Smash Hero
hey guize im gonna be playing friendlies with player-1 hes a really good diddy..

gonna replay them
woo make it rough please bbyz
<3

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I'm joining the AiB latter, trying to see how it is with my Marth. Pray for me!
Yay, me too! And likewise >.<

(8:21:23 PM) feardragon: I need motivation to go practice marth instead of mk =[
(8:23:51 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: uhh
(8:23:54 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: he's worse
(8:23:57 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: ur going to do worse
(8:24:01 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: ur goign to get gimped
(8:24:06 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: u can't kill easy
(8:24:11 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: u can't rack up damage easy
(8:24:18 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: oh wait u wanted motivation to play marth
(8:24:23 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: hmmmmmmm
(8:24:27 PM) feardragon: T_T
(8:24:29 PM) feardragon: you suck
(8:24:33 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: well he's got side b and spike
(8:24:39 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: thats pretty much it
(8:24:42 PM) JunkInTheTrunk: tip f-smash

Junk is a good sensei.
D'aw.

Well, there are these, too:
Marth's better looking.
Prince > Knight
You won't get called cheap and a traitor with Marth
Marth's more fun than MK, partially due to him being more challenging >.>
And uh... tons more, 'cause Marth's just that great. *nodnod*

In other news, 1: I got a new controller. :D I love it. The control stick's a little tight so I can't turn in place very well like I could with my old controllers, but it's more responsive, so that makes up for that. XD

Aand 2: Colorrrzzz~ Peppermint Alts for my moveset in the making are done. Wheeee~

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem 7.

@ToZ and adumbrodeus: Raven is better than all of them.
Tru, especially in hector hard mode.

Hector>Raven
Rebecca>Raven
Dart>Raven
No, Raven's overall power puts him above all of the above, especially because of the HHM bonus.

Thats unfair. Bringing Hector into this.

Who'd you prefer: Matthew or Legault.
I know Jaffar is better than both >_>

Also, lol @ Cable sucking. He, Storm, Captain Commando, Magneto and Sentinel are gods in MvC2.
Matthew is the best assassin, period.

I agree about Matthew in comparison to Legault. Although, I've never maxed out both characters, Matthew is definitely better than Legault as a thief.

Did you play FE6?
Matthew is also a lot better then Jaffar overall.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You amuse me, friend.
Well, if you wanna get technical... here's the tier list for the game:

-Top-
Raven
Oswin
Ninian/Nils
Matthew
Guy

-High-
Serra
Priscilla
Lowen
Kent
Erk
Sain
Marcus
Pent
Harken
Eliwood

-Upper Mid-
Lucius
Florina
Geitz
Hector
Legault
Lyn
Fiora

-Lower Mid-
Heath
Hawkeye
Vaida
Dorcas
Jaffar
Canas
Rebecca
Isadora .
Rath

-Low-
Karel.
Bartre
Louise
Renault
Wil
Nino

-Bottom-
Dart
Farina .
Wallace
Karla

Understand that this is developed based on hector hard mode, under the "highest ranking" assumption.

Now, there are certain things which I disagree with, like every tier list, but it does describe the general utility of the characters pretty well.

Understand also for are, con is a major issue, which drops a ton of characters down considerably.

Overall, Raven is probably the best playable character, period, which none of the other characters mentioned coming close.

(now if you don't care about ranking, certain chars go up considerably, and others go down, for example ERk loses a great deal of his charm, and Nino becomes a great deal more important, but again, it generally holds).

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Well, if you wanna get technical... here's the tier list for the game:

-Top-
Raven
Oswin
Ninian/Nils
Matthew
Guy

-High-
Serra
Priscilla
Lowen
Kent
Erk
Sain
Marcus
Pent
Harken
Eliwood

-Upper Mid-
Lucius
Florina
Geitz
Hector
Legault
Lyn
Fiora

-Lower Mid-
Heath
Hawkeye
Vaida
Dorcas
Jaffar
Canas
Rebecca
Isadora .
Rath

-Low-
Karel.
Bartre
Louise
Renault
Wil
Nino

-Bottom-
Dart
Farina .
Wallace
Karla

Understand that this is developed based on hector hard mode, under the "highest ranking" assumption.

Now, there are certain things which I disagree with, like every tier list, but it does describe the general utility of the characters pretty well.

Understand also for are, con is a major issue, which drops a ton of characters down considerably.

Overall, Raven is probably the best playable character, period, which none of the other characters mentioned coming close.

(now if you don't care about ranking, certain chars go up considerably, and others go down, for example ERk loses a great deal of his charm, and Nino becomes a great deal more important, but again, it generally holds).
As I said before, I am far more interested in characters' attributes after completion.

Dart/Rebbeca are an amazing support combo. Dart has the Strength needed to tear people apart even without the critical hits that he gets so often. Rebecca is amazing when given all the boosts from the Dart support assuming you remove potential threats early.

Hector is ****ing amazing. He can use swords and axes, a set much covetted by the player vs player world. He is really bulky with attack to boot. You really can't take him out without a strong mage and those are easy to take care of.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I find it weird that Eliwood is above Hector...

Eliwood may have a larger array of supports... but ughh ;\

I suppose his horsey that comes in later is useful... but his stats are so -bad- for survival unlike Hector

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*

I really don't care what that list says. You know why?

Eliwood, Hector and Lynn are the most important in the game. Without them, there is no story. Without them, there is no victory. Without them, there is no game.

Trufax

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As I said before, I am far more interested in characters' attributes after completion.

Dart/Rebbeca are an amazing support combo. Dart has the Strength needed to tear people apart even without the critical hits that he gets so often. Rebecca is amazing when given all the boosts from the Dart support assuming you remove potential threats early.

Hector is ****ing amazing. He can use swords and axes, a set much covetted by the player vs player world. He is really bulky with attack to boot. You really can't take him out without a strong mage and those are easy to take care of.
His primary issue is gonna be his weapon choice, sword is very popular because speed users are very good in this game. It especially is a factor because of his low skill and relatively low speed. Sure he can go with traingle-reversing weapons, but he loses the all-important critical boost.

Hector's main issue is his speed, he's gonna get doubled by too many people.

Rebbecca is just too delicate.

I suppose his horsey that comes in later is useful... but his stats are so -bad- for survival unlike Hector
Well, it's over the whole game, but honestly the biggest factor is probably his weapon. Swords are just better in this game, especially since you face a lot of axe users throughout the game.It's also extremely accurate.

Sword+spear is just a great combo later, because lances are relatively rare in important enemies (the exception being flier) and as far as attributes go, they're more effective then axes.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
His primary issue is gonna be his weapon choice, sword is very popular because speed users are very good in this game. It especially is a factor because of his low skill and relatively low speed. Sure he can go with traingle-reversing weapons, but he loses the all-important critical boost.

Hector's main issue is his speed, he's gonna get doubled by too many people.

Rebbecca is just too delicate.
Dart can't use swords.

Hector can take the hits with his legendary weapon.

With and A level support with Dart she does alright.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Dart can't use swords.
Exactly. That's his problem, he loses to the 100+ amazing sword users in the game.

Hector can take the hits with his legendary weapon.
Unfortunately, his con's too low for it.

I won't deny it helps, but popular characters with high critical rates (guy) are gonna cause problems for for him.

With and A level support with Dart she does alright.
It HELPS, but not enough to make her really good.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Exactly. That's his problem, he loses to the 100+ amazing sword users in the game.

Unfortunately, his con's too low for it.

I won't deny it helps, but popular characters with high critical rates (guy) are gonna cause problems for for him.

It HELPS, but not enough to make her really good.
True, sword users are popular; however, swordreaver does not really cripple him all that much. Dart is my late-game ace. Most people focus on getting rid of Hector first, so in the meantime I take out those that pose a threat to him. Dart does fine without swords.

Guy can land 0s all day on Hector. The beauty of Hector, especially with his legendary message, is that swords don't hit him.

She removes threats to Hector and Dart such as Sages, Swordmasters and flying units.

∫unk

Smash Master
those games are terrible im sorry

i tried the wii one and was like wtf ive played ipod games that have better graphics and snes games that are way more interesting

wii games are kinda sad in general :/ except this super tight japanese one i dunno if its out for us yet where ur like a samurai guy or chick and u just run around ****** ppl

and brawl ofc

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
those games are terrible im sorry

i tried the wii one and was like wtf ive played ipod games that have better graphics and snes games that are way more interesting

wii games are kinda sad in general :/ except this super tight japanese one i dunno if its out for us yet where ur like a samurai guy or chick and u just run around ****** ppl

and brawl ofc
would that game happen to be No More Heroes??? That game is pretty ****. I guess games with white men w/ Asian names attract me to fight.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've played FE6! :D
Do you pvp people RNG abuse? with that trick with that pirate that can't hit?

And fighting a campy Snake is a lot harder in practice than it is in theory >_<
Shaya, what are those little tricksies that you were talking about when haze was playing ally?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Camp

Camp hard.

Still losing? aerial b-reversed shield breaker into more camping, don't even kill them with a fully charged move of any sort. Just keep camping.

Those are my tricks.

Seriously, out camp the snake, be a douche. It's too ****ing easy on smashville.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
WTF @ MGD being just general discussion now, horrible

Anyways to be off topic (BUAHAHAHAHAHA) I have found the timing for Sheik's mutha fuhcking DACUS

YALL NUCCAZ IN TROUBLE AHAHAHAHA

No @ camping Snake

no no no no no, you stay close to Snake so he can't comfortably setup his own camp so youhave to approach him, just constantly be right outside of comfort zone

Shaya don't tell Marth boards to camp vs. Snake for the love of everything good for them LOL

Top Bottom