• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Btw that girl Bengalz posted is legal in Australia. If she's 16 that is. LOL.

Mike, I don't know what time it is.

Too many people are discussing us in match up threads atm, **** the world

The End.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
A lot of people view the Marth boards.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
So today I played a bunch of offline friendlies with my friend Hippiedude (Mario/Luigi main to everyone who doesn't know him.) and I tried to play only by reading his moves, spacing him out, and punishing his mistakes accordingly. It worked, but not as well as I thought it would. =\
Every time I was getting momentum, he just stopped it and got momentum himself. Every time he did this, I had to back off and think of another way to get him in a bad position.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on keeping momentum while keeping pressure the other person. Any ideas?

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
So today I played a bunch of offline friendlies with my friend Hippiedude (Mario/Luigi main to everyone who doesn't know him.) and I tried to play only by reading his moves, spacing him out, and punishing his mistakes accordingly. It worked, but not as well as I thought it would. =\
Every time I was getting momentum, he just stopped it and got momentum himself. Every time he did this, I had to back off and think of another way to get him in a bad position.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on keeping momentum while keeping pressure the other person. Any ideas?
Take it to the Q&A Thread.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
LOL, i remember that. Good job, nice use of shayair and the shaya combo.
The shaya combo?
You mean that 0-36% Dolphin slash to short hop dair to dancing blade combo? yeah that was great.

LOL, I remember from genesis it was dubbed AustralianDI. Dojo was too good.
A lot of his set ups came from me just being stupid with move selection/spacing.
Plus me not knowing a trick or to that I incorporate now...
I think I did better than bardull though :D

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think he missed the joke in that post lol 0.o

So, our lurker (aka hippie) learned to zone with tipper jabs and deal upwards of 30% on the ledge against most top tier characters. Be afraid, very afraid.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

So, our lurker (aka hippie) learned to zone with tipper jabs and deal upwards of 30% on the ledge against most top tier characters. Be afraid, very afraid.
If he's learnt to do that, why not just tipper fsmash them for the stock?

P.S. Ledge drop DB1 reverse into bair > jab.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

*takes note*

I'm gonna be doing that next time.

I've also been practicing some really fun zoning techniques, so we'll see.

My objective, screw up loser's bracket next tournie I go to by beating the first guy since I'm an unknown, mwahahaha

Also, check your PM's.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I laughed out loud at Dojo's shieldgrabs.

I swear, Shaya, you never learn.
Shaya, you N-air too much and it leaves your feet open

There's also positions Dojo was in where you should've been baiting an air dodge or full jump F-airing and you.. N-air'd lol

You also forfeit the ledge to easily

Watch how you retaliate with F-airs because it was getting you shield grabbed

And... Dash dancing doesn't work (for the most part) and NEVER against MK who has a DASH APPROACH and can catch you in frames where you can't block

∫unk

Smash Master

∫unk

Smash Master
spadefox and jumpman are my heroes. note to self: be friends with marc. or hylian.

pit is top tier according to michael hey who just came back from the japanese nationals.... what do marthums think

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think the way they play Pit + the pros who play Pit in Japan make him top tier with their metagame. However, no I don't think so.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
spadefox and jumpman are my heroes. note to self: be friends with marc. or hylian.

pit is top tier according to michael hey who just came back from the japanese nationals.... what do marthums think
lol firstly.

And I don't know about pit. He's always been one of those characters I never paid much attention to. I think he's at least high tier though. He's a complete character so to speak. He's got his projectile, his anti-camp moves, his reliable kill moves, a couple(or more like a ****ton) of AT's, good recovery, middle-weight, disjointed hitbox, etc. I think he's a good character. Not sure if he's top tier though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They're both fail.

I use Nino and Lucius.

Anyone who joins at stage two is fail.
Lol, you sound like pikablu or somebody from gamefaqs.

The require less experience and sometimes are useful, other times are not. Pent's got far better stats then Erk, even though he joins promoted, and is one of the most consistently useful promote in the game.

Nino comes too late to be a primary mage till the endgame, she's pretty **** at that point though, which makes her worth training if you don't care about ranking.

Canas is pretty powerful too.

Top Bottom