• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lol, I love how Steel (a while back) was like yeah mine and neo's sheik are awesome.
And I'm like, yeah I'm learning sheik, getting good at the dacus.
Then you went on about how Neo thinks sheik's dacus is crap and is not worth doing in matches la la la.

You're so full of crap steel, lol.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I never bragged about my sheik, I barely ever talk about my skill in smash. Also I never said NEO said dacus was crap, just not to be abused, obviously. but he only just now decided to learn it cus of mk grab release afaik

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Kawaii, why is it that whenever you go back to maining kirby I go back to maining Marth. When you are trying to decide if you should just stick with Marth, I'm trying to decide if I should just stick with kirby.

It's very strange.
Name search ftw I guess. Uhhhhh...

I don't main Kirby. I barely even use Kirby. He's boring. =S I just use Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and other random high-top tiers. You should use Marth.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
steel has posted some wrong opinions, as we all have >_____>

omg i can't wait til fear posts up our set looool
EL back in March: "MK vs Marth is 65:35....Marth"

And *sigh* it's going to be so sad. I got raaaaaaped.

Name search ftw I guess. Uhhhhh...

I don't main Kirby. I barely even use Kirby. He's boring. =S I just use Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and other random high-top tiers. You should use Marth.
xD my bad. And ya, I'll probably stick with Marth.

∫unk

Smash Master
adum that wasn't really hard to tell >___> a lot of people thought mk was the better character even when snake was ******

most people that are intelligent or experienced have pretty good records

there are a few with excellent debating skills but terrible smash knowledge that seem right but are usually incorrect. not really anyone in here.

on a similar topic i have a list of every non-legitimate purple name LOL (given to me from someone else)

Roxas M

Smash Master
adum that wasn't really hard to tell >___> a lot of people thought mk was the better character even when snake was ******

most people that are intelligent or experienced have pretty good records

there are a few with excellent debating skills but terrible smash knowledge that seem right but are usually incorrect. not really anyone in here.

on a similar topic i have a list of every non-legitimate purple name LOL (given to me from someone else)
do they randomly give out purple names or something?
from what i heard some people with purple names shouldn't have them.

∫unk

Smash Master
Pretty much the system is not legit... It's okay but ultimately they have to deal with stupid posts that they try to avoid by having the sbr

that's all that can be definitively said about it without giving away too much

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I think you're overestimating most people's grasp of the situation.

I can see later, when we realized that he had the advantage against Marth (and at that point I'd agree with you), but I really couldn't see anyone saying that MK was a better character at the point that I started making the claim.

Wrong circles maybe, but at that point I was pretty much the only one who I saw making the claim, and it was treated as a pretty off the wall statement.

Back then, people considered it pretty amusing that I was seriously suggesting that MK was a potential candidate to be looked into for being banned.

Had my share of bad choices though (overestimating Zelda... come on, I didn't know that her grab took so long).

I will say that I definately used to be on the list of people with no knowledge that are just good at debating, but I HOPE that over time I developed the knowledge to usually be right.

Still looking to get good at applying that knowledge, most importantly, practice.

Pretty much the system is not legit... It's okay but ultimately they have to deal with stupid posts that they try to avoid by having the sbr

that's all that can be definitively said about it without giving away too much
That's unfortunately, the fundamental problem with rule by the few, it degrades with time.

Not saying the SBR is having that issue, but there are things to be said for considering other selection methods.

Player-3

Smash Hero
maybe your just so manly marth cant handle it, and falcon accepts it fear... i dunno

or maybe junk doesnt know the matchup? o=

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
or maybe the marth captain falcon matchup is 70-30 falcon and we accidentally thought marth had the advantage
not like we did much work on it =P

kawaii bunny only uses kawaii characters duhhh

Player-3

Smash Hero
lolo no
falcon marth is like 85:15 marths favor

i used to main falcon its a bad matchup
realy bad

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I got 2nd at the MD/VA tournament today

Chu and I didn't play finals because I was way too mentally drained at that point so I went against what I would've otherwise done.

In winners I had to play a Link, I 3 stocked him twice, once on Smashville then again on his CP Rainbow Cruise

After that I had to play JJ Virus, a ROB. I'm pretty bad vs ROB, he went even with me on the first stock both matches then got 2 stocked in both, low % first match high % second match

Round 3 I played GIMR's IC's. The first match I was timing him out, and with 30ish or 20ish seconds left to go I fell off the stage and Up-b'd the wrong way then I got edgehogged. I was HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLA pissed off after this and slapped the **** out of the table the TV was on and actually made the TV jump (my hand hurt mad hard next round). In the next two rounds, I pulled two victories out of my ****ing *** I swear to god. I was losing the whole time in the 2nd match and at the end I just went full aggro, ***** his Nana, then ***** his Popo. He had a fresh stock when I was around 112% and I'm pretty sure he didn't hit me once or maybe only once. Last match was some ****in' tard ****. Since GIMR's camps super hard, both of our strats were to time each other out because I had figured out a way to beat his IC's the night before so he didn't approach at all. I'm basically losing on the last stock and I kill his Nana randomly so hes left with a Popo with about 20-25 secs left, I'm clearly going to lose. Counter starts counting down and I'm down a good 20-30%, I get some good hits in but it's still not enough and the timer is in the 5's now. 3-2-(I back air and he air dodges through it)1 GAME... Falling Up air hits him literally as it says GAME and I win by 5% LMAOOOOOOOOOO BEST FEELING EVERRRRRRRRRRR

I was so passionate atm I stood up and flipped him off with both fingers and said "FUCHK YOU" at the top of my lungs.

After GIMR I had to play Meep, the first match was close, the second match I got ***** two stocks >_>. Meep is too good vs Marth, he never fuhcks up his CG, my Marth needs to be better.

After Meep I played PS' Olimar, I still don't know wtf I'm doing o_O. I just f-air and it's pretty predictable. I won the first match on FD 1 stock low %, then got lucky vs him on Delfino (I suck on Delfino) so I won 2-0

After PS was Sanoscy's MK. I 2 stocked him on FD @ low% then 2 stocked him on BF @ high%, pretty clean cut win.

I rematched Meep in losers with MK, and holy **** is MK vs IC's not SO MUCH FUHCKING EASIER THAN MARTH. We went to game 5 and I timed him out, I got pretty lucky but w/e, IC's should = luck -20%

Anyways I had secured second place and was way too drained to play possibly what could've been a grueling 10 matches against Chu Dat, so he gave both of us a break and split, me taking 2nd.

Story end, I'm exhausted as ****, good stuff

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
good **** neo, YOU timing out? haha happy for you

anyway I dropped out of my tournament, feel like ****

Tennet

Smash Champion
[11:21:26] Tennet77: stop fapping so much over nair
[11:22:13] HiyaShaya: no
[11:22:24] HiyaShaya: but i think ive found new love in bair
[11:22:28] Tennet77: orly
[11:22:32] Tennet77: having an affair?

clowsui

Smash Legend
neo i don't see who u would've used sheik on lol

the link maybe? LOL that's just not fair tho...one ftilt and it's over

ps' olimar? olimar v sheik is annoying as ****

sanocsy's mk? it's no joke lol, nvm

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
MK isn't my secondary Shaya, I literally only picked him up in the first place to give my region practice vs him since none of the tops use him, and I only used him vs Meep

Also @ clowsui, I'm confident I could've beaten sanoscy with Sheik had I mastered DACUS by now, he's got grabbed a lot because he rolls and blocks excessively

∫unk

Smash Master
back air to bait airdodge off stage into uair or fair (or even dair LOL) is too good.
this is a... realy really really really old trick shaya :/

i think i can dig up a thread i wrote a long *** time ago and show you it

it generally works with anyone that has a good high upper range aerial, especially if its upward sweeping and low air cool down ex. ddd's f-air

mike got top 3 at best in the west (they're still playing it out), and redj/havok got 5th

thats 3 marths in the top 6

the other 3 are tyrant (mk) fiction (wario) and sk92 (falco)

and i knew redj was good ****nnn and i had close games with that guy too a few weekends ago at the mk banned tourney

just shows you dont need to play 24/7 u need to think a lot about matchups and stuff though

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Kadaj avoids me when I ask him to wifi T_T

Maybe I have to hit him up on AIM, as I can always use advice (Junk, Steel, and ZMT r forever in my heart <3).

Top Bottom