• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So some American player named D0N has moved to Australia for several months whilst studying, plays brawl and Donkey Kong.

Recent reports show he's better than the guy who's no.3 on our power rankings, but hasn't fought myself or no.2 Mr. Ash Ketchum.

Anyone know of him? :o

Player-3

Smash Hero
So some American player named D0N has moved to Australia for several months whilst studying, plays brawl and Donkey Kong.

Recent reports show he's better than the guy who's no.3 on our power rankings, but hasn't fought myself or no.2 Mr. Ash Ketchum.

hes good.

ive only played him once or twice but he lived in GA before he moved and he placed quite well

ChaosKnight

Smash Master

its the SoVa player idk how he ranks down there kadaj would know better but hes not as known but hes good xD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh **** dude, nice to see you! I think we played at GT. We need to play again. ;D
Yes, we did.

Thanx for reminding me why I hate marth dittos. (not against you, check my back posts, I both hate and suck at marth dittos).

But yea, lol when my MK learns to grab the ledge, I was actually doing that all day for some reason, but whatever, it's (generally) not an issue anymore.

Oh, one comment, It's mad easy to bait counters from you, try something else, counter is too punishable.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh, one comment, It's mad easy to bait counters from you, try something else, counter is too punishable.
I would recommend neutral airs.

And once you realise the truth of it's true awesome truthful power, call them shayairs.

btw thanks CK, I'm looking forward to playing him. I was worried post-america shaya would get sloppy and lazy and lose all his ability to **** metaknights. A good american smasher to save the day will be helpful :D

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I would recommend neutral airs.

And once you realise the truth of it's true awesome truthful power, call them shayairs.
Actually (and I know this is amazing), but you're better off with spotdodge in this situation.

Let me explain, I was offstage with MK, jumping threateningly. He flinches and counters, so I SL him (I shuttle looped into a counter before). And then I glide attack, trying to grab the ledge and do it a bit too low and die.

This happened twice.

But, (now that I'm finished making terribad mistakes with MK), it's not really possible to beat out SL with nair, at least not in that situation as far as I know, or at least it's very difficult.

Btw, i still blame you guys for making me marth ditto him.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Sorry Shaya.

Yeah, I'm still gonna be in Sydney, for like a week of the time I'm there.

I think I'm gonna be in Sydney like the 10th or 11th thru the 21st.

So yeah. Lol, I forgot about telling you, sorry!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think I want to start using Marth.

Convince me otherwise.

∫unk

Smash Master
Hahaha Fox is gay sometimes.

The realllly **** stuff I wasn't allowed to upload haha but that kill at the end there makes me happy.

Argh gotta remember where I am or I'll keep going lol.

So, yes, Marth quatrain. Good stuff.
That wasn't "really" ****? LOL

ya combo looked tight but the marth had no di and no reaction time after hits in that game so the combos were like w/e

i was more impressed with the fluid unpredictable movement and approach

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
TL isn't green and doesn't wear a pointy hat.

Unless by that statement you meant that these are the kinds of ill-thought out responses I'd get from the Marth boards. =P
lollll that sounded rude when it wasn't meant to be

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Play Marth 'cause he's the prettiest character in the game with the most elegant moveset. ;D

And 'cause we Marths rawk.

And 'cause Marth himself rawks.

And 'cause he can tipper and break shields and Dolphin Slash through/out of just about anything.

And he's really fast and, with a well-timed counter, can throw an opponent's attack back in their face.

And did I mention that he looks **** good while doing all of this, too? :3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That wasn't "really" ****? LOL

ya combo looked tight but the marth had no di and no reaction time after hits in that game so the combos were like w/e

i was more impressed with the fluid unpredictable movement and approach
Eh the 4 stocks were really **** in comparison haha.

Yeah I was workin on that. Glad you noticed.

In Brawl Marth news, I watched some Mikehaze stuff lately. It's interesting, and very effective. I'm gonna try out some stuff next tournament.

∫unk

Smash Master
but then he ***** right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HjVzAYMwho

gg

lain only does 2 different things here to get the grab EVERY time vs marth see if you can find it

i have to say in this matchup... if you aren't tipping you probably aren't going to do well... but ddd is one of the easier ones to tip

and good **** shaya for telling mike how to **** up ddd between games 2 and 3 lol clearly different playstyle

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't recall really saying anything special, I may have, but I don't remember.

Mike tried challenging dedede in the air too much.
I'm a bit skeptical on marth:dedede atm, currently I think its Marfs second hardest match up...
But I think a real lack of a ground game other than Mike attempting grabs really hurt him. I think I could count on my hand the amount of brawl marths set I've seen that I'm pretty sure dancing blade was fresh almost the entire time...

Even though I secondary D3 I'm not exactly great at using Marth against him, nor using Dedede against Marth. I honestly think this match up may actually have beneficial usage of ftilt to swat away D3 in the air who I don't think is fast enough to punish a whiff; more dtilt at tipper/close to range to allow follow ups almost as good as D3 grabbing us; and nair for punishing baited bairs or for baiting other moves to get things like dtilts/dancing blades and maybe even forward smash...

High level Marth vs Dedede is quite rare video wise. I saw just about every Marth lose to a dedede whilst in the US. Nabil and Bardull to CO18, myself to teba and mike to lain. My theory craft on how to play this match up won't be allowing me to refine it personally for a while; even though Mike agrees ftilt may be useful...

All in all fighting D3 is hard if you're playing someone of equal or similar skill... but it sways so much in slight variables of skill (like from Marth ****** the d3 to d3 ****** the marth)...

Anyway </over>

Broly

Smash Lord
hobo 17 was fuun for me. hope ya'll liked my matches on livestream if you guys saw them. i really enjoyed the rotation marth dittos me haze and roy had on each other. i beat roy, h beat haze haze beat me. was pretty fun

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
mahjong is cool.
I noticed Mike's DB was pretty rarely used. Not that it's always suggested, but it certainly would've helped at times.
Lots of nair the 3rd round.
Good stuff.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
lol at clowsui's post being edited by steel. I'm willing to bet clowsui said mahjong sucked.

Anyways, I'm still a total scrub but since Junk keeps playing DDD I think I'm starting to learn the matchup pretty well. At least, I feel more comfortable with it than some other characters now.

It's all about staying at tip range and getting past that god **** ftilt that doesn't actually do **** except stop you in your tracks. >>

clowsui

Smash Legend
fear ur dumb, read my post

i censor dodged and got warned

k i'm 5 min late lol

in other news ddd v marth is about doing the boa as junk tells me...i'm still somewhat unclear on what that is but it involves falling nairs

Top Bottom