• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Neo and haze are putting too much emphasis on "he's not unbeatable" imo.

A character doesn't have to be unbeatable to be banworthy. They just have to go beyond the limits of the game.

His cape **** definitely does. But since SWF bans individual techniques instead of the whole character, we just have the "neutered" meta knight. 100% Meta Knight, used to his full character design, would have a 100% safe option to escape any bad scenario and would have no part in tournament play.

MK's options are clearly superior to every character. You don't even need to think or guess, a lot of the time you can just throw out a poke and react to whatever your opponent does, all the while being stupidly safe. His character design has 0 flaws. Nothing to exploit.

But then the question comes down to, "Do his tools, bar his IDC, go beyond the limits of the game?" But then it's, "Well, what exactly IS the limit? This isn't a traditional fighter that has built in competitive rules."

Either way, he won't be getting banned. Even if SBR "officially" does it (which prolly won't happen, honestly), my region won't ban him because it's ultimately up to the TO's.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ultimately up to the TOs will get effected hard enough if -any- major region, with zah moneyz, takes on banning MK, then when you have nationals, with the biggest money of all, what's going to happen there?

etecoon

Smash Hero
And truth be told, every character's mains are black.

Except Snake it would seem.
And Wario.
not true, mexicans play snake, furries play lucario, pedophiles play pit, women play game and watch, homosexuals play peach, white people with cognitive disorders play MK etc. etc.

etecoon

Smash Hero
on the whole its good looking ppl/ppl with style that play marth
and yet the majority of marth's want MK banned, do you have any idea how many ugly mother ****ers might start playing marth if that happens? you don't know what you're asking for!

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
and yet the majority of marth's want MK banned, do you have any idea how many ugly mother ****ers might start playing marth if that happens? you don't know what you're asking for!
we have to balance out the good looks somehow :o

besides, they're all gonna go snake, d3, diddy, etc

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
It might have already started. I know this guy who plays Marth...I can't post his pic or I might be banned from the Internet. Again.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yea! We're top tier on the sexiness chart. Not only top tier but THE TOP TEIR. We can't have that happen.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I can have people vouch for me that I do not fit into the category of an ugly Marth main, quite the opposite =P That vid made me lol

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna vote 'yes' so people stop calling me a traitor. I voted 'yes' on the past three votes, I'll do it on the fourth one too.

Besides, a world without Mk would be interesting.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I'd more or less see what a temp ban will do, If its benefitting, make it perma, if it isn't go back to how it was.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Interesting take on in Havok.

I agree with some parts but when I finished reading that one thing popped into my head: "Does the end justify the means?"

:-/

I really don't think MK should be banned at this point. I used to think that he was some kind of plague that would spread and everyone would main MK but after a while I learned how to beat MK (For the easy way see: Ekans!) and those scrubby MKs who thought they were good didn't really matter anymore...

IDK he just isn't that big of a deal to me anymore. Especially after playing a game like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear and realizing that you just gotta pick the character that's right for you, and learn the top tier matchups instead of getting annoyed over them.

∫unk

Smash Master
Interesting take on in Havok.

I agree with some parts but when I finished reading that one thing popped into my head: "Does the end justify the means?"

:-/

I really don't think MK should be banned at this point. I used to think that he was some kind of plague that would spread and everyone would main MK but after a while I learned how to beat MK (For the easy way see: Ekans!) and those scrubby MKs who thought they were good didn't really matter anymore...

IDK he just isn't that big of a deal to me anymore. Especially after playing a game like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear and realizing that you just gotta pick the character that's right for you, and learn the top tier matchups instead of getting annoyed over them.
wu t

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
2/3 majority is so gay

also proban seems to be making all the points this time

and antiban is just like ummm no no

if meta gets banned i predict that marth will be the best which is fine for me because as a pit main i feel i know the matchup quite well

feardragon64

Smash Champion
All this mk ban talk is getting boring. I mean, after like a day you just hear the same stuff over and over from 50 different people. I'm not saying everyone's repeating someone else. I'm sure they came up with their view with a lot of their own thought. But it's like, reading the same stuff over and over again gets kinda old. xD

Not that it matters. I'm just ranting about it cause like every single board and everyone is talking about it, even though we all know he's not getting banned.

Top Bottom