• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha yay for pro-banners. And pro-ban banners. :D

Yeah. I think it'd be good if he was banned. If pro-ban wins (as it looks like it's going to), it'd be interesting to see how the tourneys and tiers change. I'd love to see Marth take at least a few steps back toward his former glory. XD

But still, I'm kinda meh on it. So whatever.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
10 bucks 99% of you who vote yes haven't beaten any decent/notable MK's in MM's, tourney, and rarely probably even win friendlies against them. And I can vouch for that statement because I play a lot of you rofl

Nothing needs to be banned imo

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
NEO wanna play me? :D

I'm a Marth. I voted no.

I don't want everybody johning that I main the best character in the game once MK's gone. :p
And I didn't read before voting just to spite all of you. Fortunately I still held the same opinion even though the Anti-johners weren't as fluent in their argument.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lol.

Until Marth mains stop losing to Snakes, Dededes and Pikachus (Hi Neo!) in tournaments; if MK gets banned we wont be all "YOU'RE THE MAN NOW, DAWG".

Playing M2K in friendlies makes me want to vote No. Because holy hell, playing M2K and getting ***** is like hero[w]in.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I voted yes before even reading the 2nd part. When i finally decided to read it, i couldnt make myself read the whole thing (ugly font color is ugly) and the parts i did read either a) didn't make sense or b) seemed to be avoiding the question at hand. I'm sure im not the only one but meh, i may give it another read later on.

P.S. Get ***** anti-banners! We haz videos!

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
NEO wanna play me? :D

I'm a Marth. I voted no.

I don't want everybody johning that I main the best character in the game once MK's gone. :/
And I didn't read before voting just to spite all of you. Fortunately I still held the same opinion even though the Anti-johners weren't as fluent in their argument.

Diddy is better than Marth, IC's are better than Marth, don't worry

Reizilla

ah, ok. haha I meant to use the " :p " smiley instead of the " :/ " one. that might have helped...
*goes to wifi thread*

Reizilla

Steel, I just realized that you added a "nt" to the end of "should" in the title. You should probably change that before people get the wrong idea.

∫unk

Smash Master
i beat a ranked mk suck it

i still suck though

and i dont really think he should be banned (no logical reason) but i dont think he will be in the end anyway (i've said this for a while now)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Neo and Haze don't understand that most Marths won't ever reach that level.

We won't ever be able to consistently overcome a 35:65 matchup.

Even great Marths at the top of the metagame (but not quite as good as haze and neo) such as Pierce still lose to MK.

Marth aside, the whole game opens up once MK is gone. I personally couldn't give less of a **** if he deserves to be banned.

Brawl - Metaknight = More fun

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!

Even great Marths at the top of the metagame (but not quite as good as haze and neo) such as Pierce still lose to MK.

Marth aside, the whole game opens up once MK is gone. I personally couldn't give less of a **** if he deserves to be banned.

Even if so is true, and I agree, he still isn't UNbeatable, which is why they're arguing. hitting the wrong points. And our pros constant show us examples of how to beat said character, and truly hope we learn, but most people ***** and grime, when Marth stands a fighting chance.

∫unk

Smash Master

ur greatest post so far

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Uh, im thinking that the argument is more that MK is UNreasonably UNbalanced. By what you said Rukikko essentially you say "everyone pick up marth cuz hes got a shot" but thats just the same as saying "gah forget this, im using MK that way i've got a shot". In esscence, every character has a shot, but anything from a 1 in 10 chance to a 1 in 1,000,000 chance is still a shot >.>.

Oh and bengalz QFT what Bengalz said.

GofG

Smash Champion
If only pros can beat MK, and the other 95% of the brawl community can't, there's still a problem

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I voted yes since I think it's just healthier for the community. This coming from someone who is actually learning mk.

MK is beatable, but he'll always win with two characters of equal skill.
And ya, bengalz pretty much said it.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

So then you won't even be a top level player, even if metaknight is banned. It's like professional sports.I'm sorry if i'm being a ****, or being really blunt, i think i need to be so i make sense.

three months ago i thought i had gotten near marths potential, and really thought there was no way i could ever beat metaknight, really, i wanted to quit because it was too stupid.

Then i went to whobo, and i got a lot better, for no reason to be honest. I just played at the time and improved, i didn't really get why, but now i understand.

But anyway, i mean, i really thought marth was done back then, but when i look back it was just all on me being a noob and not understanding stupid things. i mean, i'm not saying metaknight isn't the top character, or doesn't have an advantage, he does, but too many people blame it on Losing to a character as opposed to being outplayed or sloppy

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
**** just wrote a really long post and it got deleted

time to summarize

MK should have been banned ages ago. He is most definitely ban-worthy.

Lets take a look at the progression we've gone through to keep MK in the game:

-IDC Glitch is discovered. Essentially gives MK 100-0 matchups on entire cast. Metaknight becomes CLEARLY broken. Rather than banning Metaknight, the technique (which is virtually impossible to track if done carefully btw) becomes banned. Rather than banning the character, we LIMIT his abilities.

-Planking ravages the Brawl world. MK becomes once again, super broken. Rather than banning MK, the community once again LIMITS MKs abilities by putting into place a ledge grab limit.

-Stages such as Norfair and Luigis become banned in more regions and tournaments, largely due to MKs influence.

-Air Planking. We've seen Plank do it. Now we've heard about Dojo doing it at Genesis. It is another broken tactic. The nature of MKs character makes it so that this tactic is extremely effective, especially against certain characters (most noteably the two that are closest to actually going even with him, diddy and falco). MKs flight ability, transcendent priority, and range make this actually quite amazing. Should we ban MK? No, we'll find another way to limit him. Whats next, placing an air time rule? Yes, you actually can track that in post game stats.

Assuming this is SOMEHOW limited, let's just take a look at MKs character as a whole.

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/praxis/mkfacts.txt
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/praxis/mkban2.doc

-Is ungimpable if played correctly
-Is amazing at gimping
-Is not at a disadvantage off stage or when hanging on the ledge
-Transcendent priority on all but a select few attacks (don't gimme the bull **** about how this is a bad thing, the mother ****er can fly over projectiles or just walk > ps.)
-Breaks the CP system
-Has an absurd range:speed proportion
-Insanely fast kill moves (nair, dsmash, shuttle loop)
-If being played defensively, has an answer to EVERY offensive option in the game.
-Has easily the best rushdown in the game as well

So then you won't even be a top level player, even if metaknight is banned. It's like professional sports.I'm sorry if i'm being a ****, or being really blunt, i think i need to be so i make sense.
You're right, I probably won't ever be a top player. And it's not because of MK.

That's not the point, the rules shouldn't be catered towards the 4 players in the country who can actually beat MK. It should be catered towards general high level play.

Thats just my opinion anyways. I never mentioned anything about myself ever being a pro lol

Suspect

Smash Hero
**** just wrote a really long post and it got deleted

time to summarize

MK should have been banned ages ago. He is most definitely ban-worthy.

Lets take a look at the progression we've gone through to keep MK in the game:

-IDC Glitch is discovered. Essentially gives MK 100-0 matchups on entire cast. Metaknight becomes CLEARLY broken. Rather than banning Metaknight, the technique (which is virtually impossible to track if done carefully btw) becomes banned. Rather than banning the character, we LIMIT his abilities.

-Planking ravages the Brawl world. MK becomes once again, super broken. Rather than banning MK, the community once again LIMITS MKs abilities by putting into place a ledge grab limit.

-Stages such as Norfair and Luigis become banned in more regions and tournaments, largely due to MKs influence.

-Air Planking. We've seen Plank do it. Now we've heard about Dojo doing it at Genesis. It is another broken tactic. The nature of MKs character makes it so that this tactic is extremely effective, especially against certain characters (most noteably the two that are closest to actually going even with him, diddy and falco). MKs flight ability, transcendent priority, and range make this actually quite amazing. Should we ban MK? No, we'll find another way to limit him. Whats next, placing an air time rule? Yes, you actually can track that in post game stats.

Assuming this is SOMEHOW limited, let's just take a look at MKs character as a whole.

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/praxis/mkfacts.txt
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/praxis/mkban2.doc

-Is ungimpable if played correctly
-Is amazing at gimping
-Is not at a disadvantage off stage or when hanging on the ledge
-Transcendent priority on all but a select few attacks (don't gimme the bull **** about how this is a bad thing, the mother ****er can fly over projectiles or just walk > ps.)
-Breaks the CP system
-Has an absurd range:speed proportion
-Insanely fast kill moves (nair, dsmash, shuttle loop)
-If being played defensively, has an answer to EVERY offensive option in the game.
-Has easily the best rushdown in the game as well
IDC GLITCH- Key word...glitch and it can be used for stalling..

Luigi mansion benefits other characters WAY more...

Planking- can be banned, other characters can plank as well

I see what you mean about mk being able to do some things better than others but that's not a reason to ban him.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
LOL when have norfair or luigis been legit stages in the first place?

same with rainbow, japes, brinstar, we've had a dumb CP system to begin with IMO

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
i wonder if kobe briant just started ****** even harder, would he be banned?
LOL.

As far as sports references go.

MK = Steroids

Steroids are banned in professional sports.

IDC GLITCH- Key word...glitch and it can be used for stalling..

Luigi mansion benefits other characters WAY more...

Planking- can be banned, other characters can plank as well

I see what you mean about mk being able to do some things better than others but that's not a reason to ban him.
Air planking however, cannot be banned. Or did you completely miss the whole Dojo vs Larry episode? A character having one or two of those traits is fine, but having pretty much every GOOD character trait imaginable is a major problem.

LOL when have norfair or luigis been legit stages in the first place?

same with rainbow, japes, brinstar, we've had a dumb CP system to begin with IMO
Luigis is gay. The others are fine. I personally love Norfair, but MK is really ****ing gay there.

Suspect

Smash Hero
i heard about what happen with dojo and dehf. While i agree that it's gay if something like that would be banned then warios air camping should be also.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
[00:19] HiyaShaya: im still sick as **** man
[00:20] pulido MIKE: lol that sucks
[00:20] pulido MIKE: welcome to the west coast *****

(and to stay on topic because i got infracted for my kobe post BECAUSE KEVINM EAT'S FAT ICECREAM)

marth is too good i love his recovery

Reizilla

we've had a dumb CP system to begin with
I'd sig this if my sig wasn't already big.
Without MK, there wouldn't be anymore OMG-NEO/HAZE-JUST-BEAT-THAT-MK-TAKE-THAT-STUPID-BALL-OF-CRAP moments and those are why I play Brawl.

Suspect

Smash Hero
this is the marth SOCIAL thread, no one should get infracted for stuff like that...admin told me himself.

marth is a pretty cool cat

Top Bottom