• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Neo and Haze don't understand that most Marths won't ever reach that level.

We won't ever be able to consistently overcome a 35:65 matchup.

Even great Marths at the top of the metagame (but not quite as good as haze and neo) such as Pierce still lose to MK.

Marth aside, the whole game opens up once MK is gone. I personally couldn't give less of a **** if he deserves to be banned.

Brawl - Metaknight = More fun
The only thing I understand is that the first line of your post = you having the worst attitude possible so yeah I'll make a d1ckish statement since you've already made it for me.

You won't ever be as good as I am Bengals, you said it yourself. (Awesome outlook to have)

Imagine if months ago when Plank was still able to beat me I was thinking "I won't ever be able to beat Metaknight," instead of dedicating time to practicing.

I might be doing some silly like trying to ban hi-----

WHOOPS, I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!!

C.box

Smash Journeyman
I've been using jab to stop alot of aerial approaches lately.... jab is underrated >.<

Anyways I voted no for the ban like 2 hours ago, yes is winning <_< Not like it really matters since the results of the polls are poisoned by people that think mk's dsmash and tornado are unbeatable when spammed <_<

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
MurdaMoe, your sig is too true.

And daaaaaaaaaaaaaang, bengals, that was just a summary of your post O_o

Edit: The best reason I've heard today for somebody voting no:

something like, "I live in Texas and since Texas has already banned MK, I don't want the entire state to fall behind by not playing against him consistently in tourneys."

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I've been using jab to stop alot of aerial approaches lately.... jab is underrated >.<

Anyways I voted no for the ban like 2 hours ago, yes is winning <_< Not like it really matters since the results of the polls are poisoned by people that think mk's dsmash and tornado are unbeatable when spammed <_<
yeah jab clashes with glide attack, you can punish right after

Roxas M

Smash Master
i'm pro-ban.
it's funny that some of anti-ban people that don't read stuff will start saying stuff like "ally beat m2k's mk so he shouldn't get banned" or "if mk gets banned marth will be the next mk and imah quit brawl" and stuff like that. and when you reply with a counter argument they "disappear" and don't wanna defend themselves.
also, i'm not in favor of a permanent ban. just a temporary one to see how the tournament placings will be without mk.

C.box

Smash Journeyman
yeah jab clashes with glide attack, you can punish right after
Frame advantage is so nice <3.

i'm pro-ban.
it's funny that some of anti-ban people that don't read stuff will start saying stuff like "ally beat m2k's mk so he shouldn't get banned" or "if mk gets banned marth will be the next mk and imah quit brawl" and stuff like that. and when you reply with a counter argument they "disappear" and don't wanna defend themselves.
also, i'm not in favor of a permanent ban. just a temporary one to see how the tournament placings will be without mk.

The smash BR doesn't have any real authority meaning even if a temp ban was issued it doesn't need to be followed, hell we could play with items on at 17 lives if we wanted too. If you really wanna know how results would play out with mk banned do what TOA and xyro have been doing an host mk-banned tournaments since noone can force you to keep mk in your own tourney, you could ban ganon in your tournament if you wanted too lol.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Frame advantage is so nice <3.

The smash BR doesn't have any real authority meaning even if a temp ban was issued it doesn't need to be followed, hell we could play with items on at 17 lives if we wanted too. If you really wanna know how results would play out with mk banned do what TOA and xyro have been doing an host mk-banned tournaments since noone can force you to keep mk in your own tourney, you could ban ganon in your tournament if you wanted too lol.
actually, your right. lol
smash BR has no authority over all tournaments. so even if they say yes to the ban there will be tournaments where he's allowed. so all that poll stuff is basically a waste of time. lol

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
The only thing I understand is that the first line of your post = you having the worst attitude possible so yeah I'll make a d1ckish statement since you've already made it for me.

You won't ever be as good as I am Bengals, you said it yourself. (Awesome outlook to have)

Imagine if months ago when Plank was still able to beat me I was thinking "I won't ever be able to beat Metaknight," instead of dedicating time to practicing.

I might be doing some silly like trying to ban hi-----

WHOOPS, I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!!
I'm actually very confident in my abilities, but I can't go out and say "I'm gonna be the next pro marth." You can ask steel about the convo we had a few days ago, I'm very confident that I can eventually become one of the tops but saying that sounds arrogant and stupid, so I choose not to. And now i've said it, and now i sound arrogant and stupid, go figure.

Ok, so months have passed. I reach pro level (whoo!), now what?

Pro MK vs Pro Marth, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro Diddy, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro Snake, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro D3, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro ICs, who is generally gonna win?

Look at Genesis. Top MKs only lost to other MKs and Ally. Atomsk, DEHF, Fiction, and a bunch of other top players only lost to Metaknights.

That tells you something. I don't think MK is unbeatable, I that:

MK
-
-
-
-
-Snake
-Wario
-Diddy
-Etc

The game becomes far more balanced, exciting, and fun with MK gone. Thats all there is to it.

Hell I personally have more trouble with D3 than MK >.>

It's not just selfish desire that makes me want MK gone, I think it will better the game.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
just to chip in a bit, the problem with the "learn the matchup you lazy idiots" anti-ban argument is... well, it was covered in the pro-ban's writeup: the game shouldn't revolve around trying to defeat ONE character. It should be about dealing with multiple matchups.

...MK's like the final boss, isn't he? xD

Also, I'm with Bengals. Some people will never be as good as Neo and Haze and some don't really care to be. *points to the whole essay on how MK effects mid-level play in the pro-ban writeup*

But again. I don't really care either way. Just pointing some stuff out. XD

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Ok, so months have passed. I reach pro level (whoo!), now what?

Pro MK vs Pro Marth, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro Diddy, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro Snake, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro D3, who is generally gonna win?
Pro MK vs Pro ICs, who is generally gonna win?

it is generally, but so what? he's a better character, i should have to outplay him. how is that still not making sense to you?

maybe everything i heard was right about you lmao

Roxas M

Smash Master
just to chip in a bit, the problem with the "learn the matchup you lazy idiots" anti-ban argument is... well, it was covered in the pro-ban's writeup: the game shouldn't revolve around trying to defeat ONE character. It should be about dealing with multiple matchups.

...MK's like the final boss, isn't he? xD

Also, I'm with Bengals. Some people will never be as good as Neo and Haze and some don't really care to be. *points to the whole essay on how MK effects mid-level play in the pro-ban writeup*

But again. I don't really care either way. Just pointing some stuff out. XD
i'm with bengals too.
if mk is gone i don't have as much to worry about when i go to tournaments.
if mk stays it's like: study and find away to counter mk.
if mk is gone:study and figure out counters for the other characters.

@neo: exactly. lol

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
yeah you're right, we stand no chance towards m2k!!

oh wait i took him to 5th game

it is generally, but so what? he's a better character, i should have to outplay him. how is that still not making sense to you?

maybe everything i heard was right about you lmao
That does make sense to me. He is a better character yes, but he has no inherent weaknesses. He does not fit with the rest of the characters in the game. He is far superior to the rest. M2K has a flaw, he tries to play with honor. He could have just air planked you if he really wanted to. He also chose not to ledge plank before there was any rule against it. Now maybe you know a way to stop air planking, but as far as I know, Marth is pretty much ****ed if MK air planks him. If this became widespread, us Marths as a community could try and find a way to stop it. But it'd probably turn out like planking, where there is no real way to stop it. If thats the case, then what? Then is it fair to give up?

The fact that MK has an advantage on every character in the game, doesn't that mean something to you? Wouldn't the game be more enjoyable and exciting if the cast became more diverse? If 60% of tourney players didn't at least secondary MK?

IMO, there is no solid grounds for banning. Nobody has established any real criteria for banning.

Some people look at Akuma and say "you have to have 90:10 matchups on everyone like Akuma did to be banned. The Brawl community is spoiled for wanting to ban a character like MK."

Then we have SFII HD Remix, where again Akuma was banned, except this time his matchups are extremely similar to MKs. Has a few close matchups, but beats the vast majority of the cast by a large margin.

In response to your last statement.... LOL.

What could anyone possibly state about me? I'm just a Wi-fi marth player, yet to prove himself in tournament, who likes to share and receive knowledge about Marth and practice this game a lot. Unless what they said was something of that nature, it's probably baseless ;)

the game revolves around beating mk if you can't beat him..... lol
thats the problem. it shouldnt revolve around one character.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
That does make sense to me. He is a better character yes, but he has no inherent weaknesses. He does not fit with the rest of the characters in the game. He is far superior to the rest. M2K has a flaw, he tries to play with honor. He could have just air planked you if he really wanted to. He also chose not to ledge plank before there was any rule against it. Now maybe you know a way to stop air planking, but as far as I know, Marth is pretty much ****ed if MK air planks him. If this became widespread, us Marths as a community could try and find a way to stop it. But it'd probably turn out like planking, where there is no real way to stop it. If thats the case, then what? Then is it fair to give up?.
if it progresses to that and there's no way around it, then yes, metaknight should be banned. i just think it's way too early to make any decisions, especially in such a big pivotal point in our community, everybody is getting so good and learning ways to get around so much ****, it's amazing.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
That does make sense to me. He is a better character yes, but he has no inherent weaknesses. He does not fit with the rest of the characters in the game. He is far superior to the rest. M2K has a flaw, he tries to play with honor. He could have just air planked you if he really wanted to. He also chose not to ledge plank before there was any rule against it. Now maybe you know a way to stop air planking, but as far as I know, Marth is pretty much ****ed if MK air planks him. If this became widespread, us Marths as a community could try and find a way to stop it. But it'd probably turn out like planking, where there is no real way to stop it. If thats the case, then what? Then is it fair to give up?

The fact that MK has an advantage on every character in the game, doesn't that mean something to you? Wouldn't the game be more enjoyable and exciting if the cast became more diverse? If 60% of tourney players didn't at least secondary MK?

IMO, there is no solid grounds for banning. Nobody has established any real criteria for banning.

Some people look at Akuma and say "you have to have 90:10 matchups on everyone like Akuma did to be banned. The Brawl community is spoiled for wanting to ban a character like MK."

Then we have SFII HD Remix, where again Akuma was banned, except this time his matchups are extremely similar to MKs. Has a few close matchups, but beats the vast majority of the cast by a large margin.

What could anyone possibly state about me? I'm just a Wi-fi marth player, yet to prove himself in tournament, who likes to share and receive knowledge about Marth and practice this game a lot. Unless what they said was something of that nature, it's probably baseless ;)

I dont think Marth can stop regular Planking, but Air planking he could stop easily

And my post was meant to say, the game doesn't revolve around beating MK, it only revolves around beating MK if you are incapable of doing so.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
The gay thing is they are talking about allowing the normal planking at Pound 4 >.>

But Mike is also right until it gets to THAT point then he doesnt really need to be banned

For example I play Sanoscy alot on Wifi and Majority of the time I beat his Mk which is extremely good for those that dont know him, he also has beaten some pretty big players such as ChuDat.

But despite the fact of how good he is he is by far beatable

I think its too early to put a ban on him and futhermore as long as the original PLANKING is banned then there is no need to ban him really

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i'm pro-ban.
Those people are called idiots.

Except the marth part, but that was back in the second thread when match-up wise marth was a legitimate threat to replace MK since he had no solid counters at that point in the metagame.

Unfortunately the thread's moving to fast for legit debate, your posts just get lost.

But as I said in my post, it's too soon, not timewise, but evidence collection-wise.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
if it progresses to that and there's no way around it, then yes, metaknight should be banned. i just think it's way too early to make any decisions, especially in such a big pivotal point in our community, everybody is getting so good and learning ways to get around so much ****, it's amazing.
Fair enough. That is true, we've seen some crazy things so far.

I dont think Marth can stop regular Planking, but Air planking he could stop easily

And my post was meant to say, the game doesn't revolve around beating MK, it only revolves around beating MK if you are incapable of doing so.
Marth may be able to stop it, but it does **** the **** out of two of MKs hardest matchups (lol hardest = almost even), Diddy and Falco.

The gay thing is they are talking about allowing the normal planking at Pound 4 >.>
Wow, now that is gay.

That would happen with Plank running the tourney, lol.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
I've read so many posts on the matter, and all its done is make both sides look ridiculous at times.

I mean to say that there's so much flaming/patronizing/spamming/etc. about the issue I don't think that either side is looking very correct right now. There's simply too many ways to view the situation.

For example I read one post on the poll that seemed to completely dismantle all justification for banning MK.

But at the same time I feel that the Pro-Ban argument was much better worded than the Anti-Ban's argument.

Nonetheless, I have no care for either side. Too many retorts and nihilism to wade through to find what is right. My bigger concern is the aftermath.

I realize the following analogy may come across as vague, arbitrary, or over-simplistic, but it's my interpretation.

I see the MK ban issue similar to a Chemotherapy treatment for Cancer. If the Cancer remains untreated the patient may die. However Chemotherapy may leave the patient so ill as a person, he/she may as well be dead. (please excuse this terrible, terrible analogy)

My point is that banning a character that has been, for the most part; a centralization of perspective (ex. Marth is incredibly inhibited by his bad match-up against MK, so Marth players become experienced in that matchup in order to deal with that disadvantage). Many players main MK, and at the moment there is still a significant % of people against the ban to the point of quitting Brawl if MK is banned. I'm sure the same is true to a degree on the Ban MK side as well. (though maybe not to the same degree)

I really have only one concern.

Will the Brawl community bounce back from the schism that is sure to come, whether or not MK is banned?

If anyone finds my post either stupid or incoherent, its probably because I'm so misinformed that the only fact I have right is that MK may or may not be banned, or I'm ridiculously tired at this hour.

(To save yourself the time it takes to read this, Essentially I'm a confused N00B who is on the fence about whether or not MK should be banned)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
^Get some confidence. I say that I'm clueless all the time. It's fine. If you didn't recognize you were(not that I'm saying you are, I hardly know you) and you were, then people would have a problem, but seriously, don't be so self-conscious.

Anyways, I think mk is making people work a lot harder, which is a good thing. Probably why Neo and Mike don't want mk banned. It's a challenge they like overcoming. I understand that and it's why I still enjoy playing mk, even though I get ***** every time. And that's why I think it's good mk won't get banned(seriously, the public poll would have to be 65:35 for him to get banned. It's at 55:45).

Why did I vote for him to get banned? Well, one because I want Shaya to get better from swineflu and junk's leg to feel better, lmao. But secondly, the community will probably ENJOY the game more. Sure it'd make the people who want to improve BETTER if mk wasn't banned, but seriously, a decent majority of the people playing Brawl competitively aren't exactly the MOST hardworking people. Stereotype or not, that's how I see it. And while I'm not saying that the brawl community is nothing but a bunch of lazy bums, but overall I think people would find it more FUN if mk wasn't in brawl. It's like bengalz said, brawl without mk is more fun for most people. Sorry Neo and Mike.

Is it BETTER for people to improve if mk were banned? No. MK is forcing people to progress their game beyond lesser(or maybe even better) mk players.

Roxas M

Smash Master

alright, start sharing information. i'm a wi-fi marth too. i'm open to any reliable information.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Voting no to the ban. I'd rather play mk anyday than IC's or snake tbh. I've generally always felt that way too. Only think i really dislike about mk is he can cp marth kinda bad, despite what you ban... especially in the midwest where the stage list is very broad.

Ic's just make me angry seeing one grab means death... one mistake against a good IC like meep or lain... yer dead.

Snake annoys me lol.

MK is... mk... hes kinda helpful as he sorta deals with the two chars i hate playing the most... no fun at all for me. (not that i cannot beat them... its not what im saying at all, just the IC match up is possiblilty the gayest match up of all time. that and a 4th port snake.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Trust me Shaya, you'll enjoy it. And with it comes like instant greatness @ fighting games, and a ticket to a legit (not saying you aren't) Marth player.

Top Bottom