• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
don't patronize him

it only leads to 10 posts of viet trying to get a response out of people. and like neo said viets posts suck lately, we don't want to see them.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I edited it.

Happy? Prolly not
Not really. The damage has been done.

Besides, Steel is right. I don't really even post here anymore. But I still need somewhere to waste considerable amounts of time in. Once I find that place I'll stop posting in the Marth boards in general.

Since it's obvious I can't stay in a place where the board leader is a person I hate.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Not really. The damage has been done.

Besides, Steel is right. I don't really even post here anymore. But I still need somewhere to waste considerable amounts of time in. Once I find that place I'll stop posting in the Marth boards in general.

Since it's obvious I can't stay in a place where the board leader is a person I hate.
Sue me, and bite me.

Be glad your bike isn't gone. I'm a bit lazy today.

If you need to spend time then you should just get in trouble.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
see what happened

if you direct a post towards him we get all off topic. i suggest refrain from giving him attention until he comes out of his phase

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Aight I'll quit being a jerk.

Does anyone have any new textures for Marth? I'm trying my best to spark a legit convo.

I think, a Joker marth would be tight. You know, a purple outfit and a painted face...

But it could easily spark the "Is marth manly" debate, if it gets screwed up...

VietGeek

Smash Hero

Does anyone have any new textures for Marth? Someone once showed me a very eerie one. It had a wide red smile and the costume was yellow. Kind of like a bizarre clown. It also had dots all over. I think I saw it here.
That's Kefka from (IIRC) Final Fantasy IV.

http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=4131

I'll try to make this my last post on the Barlw char. boards in general.

Toby.

Smash Master
reflex wrecked lee martin.

learn the matchup

no johns
uh.

both myself and shaya have learned the matchup. pokemon trainer only beats marth consistently when the marth player doesn't know the matchup and makes stupid mistakes.

Are you saying that if i 'learn the matchup' squirtle will suddenly not get death grabbed??

Will ivysaur suddenly have a way to apply pressure? Will she magically sprout a non tether recovery?

learning the matchup doesn't negate character flaws.

Stick to telling me I'm bad, I'm cool with that. I'm always lamenting to shaya about my fail. But telling a pokemon trainer main that they only lose to marth because they dont know the matchup is just silly.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
You guys better chill before the man shows up in here (Virg, Mic, and/or Hylian lol)

Hey, and I'm the board.. err, discussion leader around here. What I say goes ok? Sheesh. Put a few people that play a blue-haired character with a sword and everyones ego gets out of place.(all jk guys)

Whatsup Marth's? We have to get back on-topic, what amazing Marth-esque things have you done today?

Viquey

Smash Journeyman

Does anyone have any new textures for Marth? I'm trying my best to spark a legit convo.

I think, a Joker marth would be tight. You know, a purple outfit and a painted face...

But it could easily spark the "Is marth manly" debate, if it gets screwed up...
That'd probably be Kef--****it Viet. xDD I just spent like, fifteen minutes trying to find the link for that and you got to it first!

Haha. Ah well.

I <3 texture hacking, so I'm all for this convo. I'm working on some ideas. This current one will probably be a BJD-style Elegant Gothic Aristocrat Marth. XD I mean, he does already look like a little doll, does he not?
"manly"? whut?

Mm, Joker would be cool. Ooh, especially if someone ever makes that Harley Quinn ZSS someone requested on KittyCorp. XDD

And a couple different kinds of dolls other than BJD might look neat. As well as a statue kinda thing, all stony with cracks and shtuff. The possibilities are endless :D

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Balanced Brawl is actually pretty interesting, they really NEED to nerf Wario though.

Snake's up-tilt is a mad significant change though, he actually has to *gasp* conserve his ftilt.

i had this ZIT on my ear under my earring

oozed out some nasty **** man
That sucks, I get cuts bruises and cuts behind my earring so I know how you feel.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I've been wanting to do this for a while to all the people who always name search themselves.

Steel2nd, Neo, Shaya, Vietgeek, Emblem Lord, RoyR, Lee Martin, Dr. Peepee, Virg, Junk(JunkInTheTrunk), Pierce7d:
Hello.

This is relevant because they're all marth mains.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ayen stop throwing out attacks randomly and using db on approach
it's not doing you any good, esp v wario...if that wario was any good he would be ****** you for everything that you're doing superfluously

Albert.

Smash Master
what's the difference between balanced brawl and brawl+? they seem like the same thing.
BalBrawl is entirely different. BB only seeks to balance the entire cast and take out things like chain grabs and such. most of the top tier are given minor"nerfs" and the lower tiers are given minor "buffs"

Brawl+ is almost a different game, there are major changes in gravity, Hitstun, combos speed. Its more intense, less campy, more aggresive, faster.

Brawl+ changes the gameplay much much more, to improve it, (DARE I SAY, MELEE IFY)

BalBrawl just gives you current brawl with more character balance.

TO MY UNDERSTANDING.

Roxas M

Smash Master
nice videos. i've watched the first one and i see a few things that could be changed

1) more dtilt. you started using it near the end of the match. it would of been better if you started using when you have an opportunity to use it.

2)it seemed like you were swinging your sword all over the place and seeing witch ones would hit wario.

these are my opinions on your first match.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
uh.

both myself and shaya have learned the matchup. pokemon trainer only beats marth consistently when the marth player doesn't know the matchup and makes stupid mistakes.

Are you saying that if i 'learn the matchup' squirtle will suddenly not get death grabbed??

Will ivysaur suddenly have a way to apply pressure? Will she magically sprout a non tether recovery?

learning the matchup doesn't negate character flaws.

Stick to telling me I'm bad, I'm cool with that. I'm always lamenting to shaya about my fail. But telling a pokemon trainer main that they only lose to marth because they dont know the matchup is just silly.
i dont see teh shaya doing death grabs on you sir.

also, with ivy, bthrow then switch to zard.

with zard, dthrow and switch to squirtel

with squirtel, up tilt. Watch some reflex vids homey, squirtel is pretty much mid-high tier by himself.(he kinda jumps around and plays passive with him until the lil turtle is tired. Then his uptilt can tech-chase VERYYYYYYY WELLLL)

---PT pro TYL2.

∫unk

Smash Master
Ayen:

I wrote a really long full critique, but then my comp died before I hit post D:

So I'm going to write an abbreviated version... sorry if I seem edgy I'm kinda mad I took time to write out a full critique.

• Stop spamming the same aerial sequences. Good players will punish you. It feels like you're just throwing out moves for the sake of it or because you don't know what to do.
• N-air isn't good versus Wario because he tends from come from the top and n-air points down... I wouldn't use it at all unless you're going for the kill. You must have used it around 50 times in the match (since you were spamming it almost every other short hop) and you hit with it I think 0 times. That's a terrible hit percentage and should say something about the move in the matchup.
marthsadow... you don't know what you're talking about :/ d-tilt is not good vs Wario. Just because a move is a good doesn't mean you use it. There's some very specific situations where you should use it but saying "more d-tilt" is completely the wrong message.
• I couldn't watch any more after that DDD messed up so bad :/ I dunno again you can **** him way harder just punish his stupid patterns lol
clowsui... I didn't see him approach with db maybe against ddd he did aerial db? It's a mediocre mixup but he did it too much. That said a spaced grounded db1 is a fine approach.

Overall not bad but... you have to limit your opponent more so you're in the winning situation, not just be spamming in the neutral situation all the time. Have some objective with your spacing, slowly push them towards the edge, get them on a platform, make them jump then predict and punish their next jump, etc.

Hope that helps.

take is in the club too ofc

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
^I love reading critiques!

Also, just putting this question out there: is there a trick to finding good (well, good is relative, but still) matches on WiFi With Anyone? All I get are stupid matches where everyone stands around doing nothing. Random moves, taunting (especially Sonic >.<), stalling, everything but fighting. Then... I guess racing to see how long they can survive sudden death, when the bombs start falling? IDK. It's ridiculous. D:

I can learn to deal with lag, but this... ugh. XD

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Junk for the critique :D. I gonna put in practice some new things in my gameplay.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've been wanting to do this for a while to all the people who always name search themselves.

Steel2nd, Neo, Shaya, Vietgeek, Emblem Lord, RoyR, Lee Martin, Dr. Peepee, Virg, Junk(JunkInTheTrunk), Pierce7d:
Hello.

This is relevant because they're all marth mains.
Honestly, I searched my name for the first time like 5 minutes before you did this...

Does that mean I'm added to the list?

Top Bottom