• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Dakpo

Smash Lord
He plays both kirby and zss, it honestly just depends on how he feels when he wakes up that day or something

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm starting to get really good with zss, Good enough to the point that she will be my co-main.
Watching videos & reading guides has been great so far.

Besides....i need a backup high-tier character to use. lol
Not saying that i'm trash with my plumber....i make him look mid-tier at best. :smirk:

ZeroN92

Smash Cadet
Peace, last i heard of Y.B.M he used Zss alot. This was like a few days ago

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I did well at my smashfest (I won most of my games, NatP gave me some trouble... I think we went even-ish?), but we were all pretty out of practice. The portuguese players love their low tiers, but a lot of the players here are pretty talented. I got some nice sets in vs. Flayl (bowser main who is pretty active around here), NatP (really solid game and watch player, if he practiced a lot in a better region he'd be so scary), NGFC (ultimate sandbagging but a good Yoshi), BigLord's Captain Falcon, and a few others.

How do you guys feel about the GaW match-up? NatP is close so I could get together and play with him more often. If it weren't for the fact that ZSS can die so early I'd say she has a slight advantage, but I'm inclined to say it felt pretty even. It felt pretty bad once I was off-stage, no matter how I tried to mix up my recovery, he could just react to what I did. Jab combo is your best friend, lol.

I tried putting into practice a more horizontal ground-oriented style as favored by Salem and Quiksilver, I think it's far superior to the old launch-n-juggle style assuming you really abuse ZSS' ground speed and the ridiculously OP/safe ground-reverse paralyzer, RAR bair, and sh fair. I'm also experimenting with a Marth secondary because I think playing Marth teaches you to read opponents (marth has a very clear bait/punish game).

Also, up-b->dsmash->uair->up-b->bair. It still works, baby!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I no longer started the ground-based style for ZSS. I'm out.

:phone:
LOL, that isn't what I meant. Salem/Quik tend to try to keep opponents at a horizontal axis (Salem moreso), rather than attempting to keep them in the air all the time. You definitely play a more vertical game, even if you focus more on her ground game.

You try to keep them above you, Salem tries to keep them to the left or right. Note that I never said you use the launch-n-juggle style, either, you do something else entirely.

Btw, rip launch-n-juggle.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
To be completely honest, the first person to truly abuse her ground game (with actual video) was Mr. R
After watching his zss play, I really started to use grounded B reverses

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I hope i can get my zss skills up like them two. Do they still have beef with each other?!
I mean they both main the same character for crying out loud. LOL

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Quiksilver got 1st in his pool at SRT. According to AscWolf they were seeded randomly - if you know a thing or two about the japanese scene you'd understandthat he had a pretty tough, very evenly balanced pool:

Pool H: quiKSilver Aki Arika Fenrir FLIP Fujita Iguanaman Kaku Mao Shadow U-non

Aki is a pretty good MK / Falco player, Filip is an OK Falco player, Mao has a pretty decent Pit, Shadow is a good MK [he took a set of Nietono at the last SRBT] and U-non is an IC player who regularly makes the bracket at SRBT tourneys. Fujita is also a Falco player and he made the bracket at Apex 2010. Most of the players in that pool are either Falco or MK but QuiK is pretty good vs Falco and I guess he's good enough a player to beat those decent-but-not-*that*-good MK players. Since he also took sets off Mikeneko and Kuroobi he can be expected to do decently well [top 20 isn't out of the question]. His biggest weakness is Olimar.

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Who did he lose to? I went to sleep.
I'm assuming he lost to like..Nietono + someone, or Brood + someone, or Nietono + Brood XD

Edit: And did he beat anyone notable? I assume so, he got 9th lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He lost to Rain - MK [1st] and Masha - Falco [4th]. Rain beat Otori, Vinnie, quiK and Mikeneko; Masha beat M2K, Kakera, quiK and Earth.

Edit: Including his pool wins he beat Suinoko / Aki, who both got 13th and probably somebody else who got 17th or something like that.

:059:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Quik is amazing, honestly think he's top 4 in europe
top 5 for sure

he just has quite a few "not top level" losses which hold him back just a little bit in my opinion

I'm really interested in how cyve will do at BBI. Maybe there will be some suprises...

Top Bottom