• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I guess I should just point out that some characters are pointless to train against when they're controlled by CPUs

CPUs won't cg so the following characters are pretty useless to fight, gonna post in most useless-->least useless
ICs
DDD
Pikachu
Falco

Then you have the CPUs who don't recover properly
Snake (iirc they never jump-->cypher so CPU Snakes are way too easy to edgeguard)
Fox, Falco, Wolf (these guys don't sideB much, and Fox doesn't fair when recovering)
DDD (I don't think they upB cancel..do they?)
Pit (CPU way too dumb with his upB)
Lucas (actual Lucas players will use Magnet Pulling, the super sideB jump and b-reversals to recover, they don't usually recover with PKT2)
G&W, Ike, Sheik, Link (their recovery becomes a lot worse because CPUs don't really DI/MC)
Olimar (doesn't whistle)

And then ZSS, Diddy, TL, Peach and ROB CPUs (and I guess Wario too) have NO idea how to use their items.

I mean I know all CPUs are bad and won't really give you a good idea of how to fight the character, but these specific characters are especially bad when controlled by CPUs for the reasons I posted, and if you get too used to fighting these ones then you'll probably get destroyed by people who use the same character .

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yo, I made a little video explaining a few little things about Boost Jumping. Most of you guys probably already know everything here, but maybe there's something you don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awz4y550Cmk

I'm going to make little 1-minuteish videos like this in the future to explain a few techniques that don't have much coverage elsewhere (ground b-reversal paralyzer, fox/wolf dsmash chains, little techy things like this) in a series called ZSS Minis that should make all of it available in one place.

Any ideas for future installments? Even worth continuing?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So someone from the smash lab told me that a perfectly auto-cancelled sourspot uair is -8 on block.

I asked because I noticed Salem does it quite a bit to the back of the opponent's shield, and then buffers a reverse jab to hit the opponent/their shield again.

Considering that shield drop is 7 frames, after shield drop it's -1 on block, so it seems like a pretty safe landing option...against most characters. To put it in perspective, Snake can't ftilt you for it if you do it properly.
Falco's jab will clash with yours.

Just don't do it to the characters with broken OoS options (Marth, MK, Bowser) and it's pretty safe. And do it to the BACK of the shield or else you'll get shieldgrabbed.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^kind of wondering why you would uair the back of someone's shield when bair is so much safer.

I guess if they let their shield down/get poked, there is alot more combo potential from a weak hit uair.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Um, look, dude. We've had a few people come to the ZSS boards and tell all the pro players how bad they are before, and in all of these instances, only once did they even remotely put up. That case is Salem, who did turn out to be pretty good.

Could you at least like, post a video of you playing the game first? I mean, real.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I've never said that nick was bad. I just hate it when other people (a.k.a. randoms/haters)
thinking they're as good as them with their main character, I think nick played great against will.

I don't have any videos of my zss, yet.

Nick has been (and still is) the best zss due to his winnings. I think you took my last post abit out of context...

Oh yeah, my youtube name is "Cwhip24" just to clear things up...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah SFP he was quoting somebody who made a comment on youtube.

CW, ignore youtube commentors. Pretty much all of them are
-By good players (and you'll be able to recognize their usernames)
-Bad players that think they're good cause they can beat wifi randoms
-Trolls

There's no point in acknowledging a comment made by some scrub on youtube that thinks he's good, especially in a post on SWF

That said, thanks for posting the video. Didn't know the MM got recorded.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Thanks for understanding my post, infinite.
The reason why i've posted that quote cuz i want nick to shut him up.

as for the money match: Good stuff by nick.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Am I the only one who uses Dair?
I don't use it often, just rarely to scape some kinds of juggle or to regain ground against some slow characters... But I actually use it...

TeeVee

Smash Lord
even though i dont play this game anymore and dont attend anything ever, im going to a big ny tourny on saturday and im gonna go all zss to prove to the world that i am only babby steps behind the 1 and only great , NICK RIDDDLE <3333

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I lost to a DK, I suck.

:phone:
Nick you don't suck, in fact your the best zss, but I'm going to be very frank with you. You suck against DK. You staled Bair soooo early every stock, and your playing was very sloppy 1st and 2nd game. The first stock of the third game is how the whole set should have gone lol. Grounded neutral special is amazing in this match-up..I would know since I have played will before

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Every zss needs to use ground reverse paralyzer in most matchups (obviously it doesn't work in a few). That **** is absolutely broken.

As long as you don't charge it every time it's just amazing. SO safe, so strong if it hits, especially if it stops an approach. If you have a suit piece you can ground-reverse nB glide toss -> anything. Catching someone in the air with paralyzer just means all kinds of pain. Ground-reverse nB gives ZSS a top-tier keepaway game. Abuse it!

Another move I'm glad people have taken to using more is fair. Fair is IMO ZSS' best aerial, though it isn't her most versatile one. 17% damage is just crazy for an aerial. Snake's ftilt deals 21%, for comparison. Yeah, you have to connect with both hits, but it isn't that difficult if you angle it correctly or use it while rising.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Every zss needs to use ground reverse paralyzer in most matchups (obviously it doesn't work in a few). That **** is absolutely broken.

As long as you don't charge it every time it's just amazing. SO safe, so strong if it hits, especially if it stops an approach. If you have a suit piece you can ground-reverse nB glide toss -> anything. Catching someone in the air with paralyzer just means all kinds of pain. Ground-reverse nB gives ZSS a top-tier keepaway game. Abuse it!
Uh...lol I'm assuming you haven't watched me play before. Or Dakpo.
I do it all the time and I stole it from him XD
Nick doesn't do it at all though

Another move I'm glad people have taken to using more is fair. Fair is IMO ZSS' best aerial, though it isn't her most versatile one. 17% damage is just crazy for an aerial. Snake's ftilt deals 21%, for comparison. Yeah, you have to connect with both hits, but it isn't that difficult if you angle it correctly or use it while rising.
Yup, so good.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I first saw YbM do it at MLG...
I still don't like it though. It'd probably work on those who aren't in FL, but so did d-smash > up-b > d-smash.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well I see you run away-->reverse sideB a lot and you stay fairly safe with it. Mix it up with nB instead (with the occasional charged laser) and you might catch your opponent off guard.

Or keep losing to Donkey Kong, your choice:awesome:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uh...lol I'm assuming you haven't watched me play before. Or Dakpo.
I do it all the time and I stole it from him XD
Nick doesn't do it at all though
I wasn't saying that people don't do it, I was just commenting on how good it is!

But yeah it's freaking awesome. I stole it from Dakpo too, lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well I see you run away-->reverse sideB a lot and you stay fairly safe with it. Mix it up with nB instead (with the occasional charged laser) and you might catch your opponent off guard.

Or keep losing to Donkey Kong, your choice:awesome:
I just think paralyzer sucks.

Also, shut up. I'll beat him next time.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
I should use that run away neutral b more :(

and yea the fair is great. I like it, when the opponent is on a platform it makes great pressure with the two hits. If the first hit pushes him in the air, the second is for 99% a free hit

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I should use that run away neutral b more :(

and yea the fair is great. I like it, when the opponent is on a platform it makes great pressure with the two hits. If the first hit pushes him in the air, the second is for 99% a free hit

If it pushes them off the platform and their back was facing the edge of the platform (ie the character was facing the centre) then assuming you space it right (not hard at all) the 2nd hit is guaranteed.

If it pushes them off the platform and they're facing the other way (facing the edge, back towards middle of platform) then they can punish you for it if they react quickly (a Marth/MK will definitely upB you, MK might nair instead, Falco will probably bair you...etc etc)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Falco could Bair you if they react quick enough.
It's actually frame 3, Not frame four.
Ad lasts until frame 18. ( Sour spot )

Ps. Nick, you better win before V does.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
As a MK, I would chose to Uair, it's a free juggle (unless she's at high %, then I would definetly Nair/Dair/SL).

Basically, you need to be careful with that thing.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Yea you are right, especially with the mk and marth.
Europe is kinda bad XD i saw doing that stuff only by mr.r and one or two other guys

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Was on a france tournament today with leon, glutonny, cyve and more
got 3rd losing to glutonny and cyve i am kinda mad was so close winning finally a tournament :(
almost got glutonny with samus, he kinda adapted my zss so i picked her and lost 3:2. Just imagine beating such a player with SAMUS
and to cyve losing also ****ing close **** **** **** so much salt

Top Bottom