• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
He used diddy kong only once on smashville and i didnt get the lock there and also lost.
the other matches he used Pit. Cyve's Pit is on the same level as Earth from Japan, it's really true. I played Earth in Tokyo and beat him 2:1 at seriously. And Cyve's Pit is even with me, so yeah he is ****ing ****. He also beat Leon today 3:1 with Pit only

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
A few days ago I was ****ing around in training mode and it seems that the back hit of nair actually has more horizontal range than bair does XD
Something kind of cool, if you hit with weak uair on the ground at around 100% and jump, your enemy will air dodge expecting bair, back side of nair has a bit of lag though that will hit them just after their air dodge.

Basically at around 100%, weak uair->backside nair is a really good frame trap.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I made a ZSS tutorial to help out people who are new to her or wanna pick her up. I wanna know what you guys think of it. I been using her for a few days to help a friend out. So If I said things wrong, sorry. This is just to start people out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKjekdL4Yy4

You can catch the other parts on my channel.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Error occurred during the vid, couldn't watch the whole thing.

Occurred roughly 1 minute into the vid.

Working now, I just don't feel like watching it when I probably understand ZSS better than you do XD

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Commentary on ZSS matches is so bad. No one knows anything about this character, lol.

For instance:

1. They don't know ZSS' jab combo works on some characters, complimenting Salem for landing it on Olimar and Toon Link, I mean wtf.
2. Lavishing praise on Salem for his perfect down-b footstools. >_>
3. Wondering why Salem used 3 downsmashes at high percents
4. Freaking out over basic frame traps (side-b airdodge uair, uair airdodge back air, etc)
5. Making a big deal out of standard followups (dsmash downb spike)

It would be really nice if they'd put someone on the mic who actually knows why Salem is good. Even some of the commentators I like don't know **** about anything that isn't whatever character they play and then like MK and Snake.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I just watched Salem vs Will and Kingtoon from IMPACT IV and I kept getting pissed off lol

Feel the exact same way I felt when I listened to the commentators at Concentrate 2

I remember there was a very small 8ish-man tourney right after Apex where Salem was in GFs against vVv Zero, and the commentator (Chibo) was like "I think ZSS starts off with...4 armor pieces?"

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Error occurred during the vid, couldn't watch the whole thing.

Occurred roughly 1 minute into the vid.

Working now, I just don't feel like watching it when I probably understand ZSS better than you do XD
That is not the point. Don't people read?

I will watch it tonight.

:phone:
Ok. Let me know whats up when you do.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh I know you're not trying to teach ME, I was just explaining why you won't be hearing any critique on it from the first person to post about it XD (me)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
-.- I lost to him the most recent time we played.
I beat him 3 or 4 times before that.
Did you even see my lead G3? I just freaked out after that ****ing trip.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
DK problem is one thing, I have a Kirby problem

Every time I play against Kirby he hits me once and floats away for 10 minutes, **** is so frustrating

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Let him jump in the air and he's gonna try to bair you

He'll try to mix it up by fastfalling to pretend he's gonna bair you, and then he'll jump again

Eventually, he'll either bair (PS this), or he'll Inhale (is that what it's called for Kirby?) which you can react to.

Or he'll airdodge to the ground and do something. Dtilt him for that.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Commentary on ZSS matches is so bad. No one knows anything about this character, lol.

For instance:

1. They don't know ZSS' jab combo works on some characters, complimenting Salem for landing it on Olimar and Toon Link, I mean wtf.
2. Lavishing praise on Salem for his perfect down-b footstools. >_>
3. Wondering why Salem used 3 downsmashes at high percents
4. Freaking out over basic frame traps (side-b airdodge uair, uair airdodge back air, etc)
5. Making a big deal out of standard followups (dsmash downb spike)

It would be really nice if they'd put someone on the mic who actually knows why Salem is good. Even some of the commentators I like don't know **** about anything that isn't whatever character they play and then like MK and Snake.
It doesn't seem often that commentators get to observe ZSS when she's used in high-level play (either in-commentating or outside of tournies), so they aren't familiar with her BnB setups and tricks. But I could be wrong. Nick and such have always been up there doing work, but not much else for them to observe outside of those few.

I have only seen one or two commentators who have a good understanding of how high-level ZSS works. Rather, the rest are often freaking out about basic stuff...just like you were saying. Remember when Salem was fighting kingtoon at Concentrate? Most of what Salem did was crazy, yes, but that one dude was going nuts at pretty much everything.

Top Bottom