• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
I always wondered whenever I play ZSS.

At the beginning of the game, should you throw your armor at them, throw it all away, or always keep just one piece?

I just chuck them towards the enemy screaming "GET AWAY!!!" to myself.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It depends on how good you and your opponent are against suitpieces, but other than that it's a matter of preference.

imo you should try to use all 3 pieces against everyone, no matter what character they're playing.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
imo you should try to use all 3 pieces against everyone, no matter what character they're playing.
Uhm imo it's really hard to control all 3 pieces against Falco. His down-b and side-b make it really difficult to keep stage control, one mistake and it's gone.
I prefer to throw two pieces away against him.

Salem

Smash Champion
Zss boards, I have something to ask you...

WHERE DO I FIND THE FRAME DATA FOR ARMOR PARTS?

Like, stun, shield advantage etc, I can't find that anywhere, jeezus.

Oh and btw, Falco is bad, I 3 stocked DEHF in our MM at sktar.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I am out of town till the weekend, sorry. I might be at Sync's other place on Friday night to train with FAE but not sure.

:phone:

Judo777

Smash Master
Not sure if this is known or not but I recently found a way for ZSS to recover under FD completely un-aided (rather only tools ZSS has). Just something fun

Judo777

Smash Master
Wavebounced neutralBs, boost jumps and wall jumps.

entirely possible.
Really? Cause I already do that stuff and I could never come come that close. Like for fun I go under with every character that can and am really good with stuff like that (Marth, Diddy and Lucario all require all stuff like that). Have to see when i get the chance.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You can go under just by dropping under the stage, downBing, DJing and tethering.

You just have to be precise. No wall jumps/breversals/suitpieces required.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Zss boards, I have something to ask you...

WHERE DO I FIND THE FRAME DATA FOR ARMOR PARTS?

Like, stun, shield advantage etc, I can't find that anywhere, jeezus.

Oh and btw, Falco is bad, I 3 stocked DEHF in our MM at sktar.
afaik that frame data has never been mined. we know a few things, like zss' throw animations are all 6 or 7 frames (uthrow might be longer, i know it's the longest).

I guess the reason we never searched is because all you really need to know is that you pretty much always have ****loads of advantage when you hit with a suit piece, (on shield or otherwise) it's ridiculous

Another thing you might find interesting is that when a suit piece is bouncing, the damage goes up each time it hits. To test this you can throw a suit piece down, and walk into it repeatedly, the damage stales upwards not downwards.

If you want I can try to contact rPSI, he mined the zss frame data out last time, maybe he knows something.

And was that set recorded?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
afaik that frame data has never been mined. we know a few things, like zss' throw animations are all 6 or 7 frames (uthrow might be longer, i know it's the longest).

I guess the reason we never searched is because all you really need to know is that you pretty much always have ****loads of advantage when you hit with a suit piece, (on shield or otherwise) it's ridiculous

Another thing you might find interesting is that when a suit piece is bouncing, the damage goes up each time it hits. To test this you can throw a suit piece down, and walk into it repeatedly, the damage stales upwards not downwards.

If you want I can try to contact rPSI, he mined the zss frame data out last time, maybe he knows something.

And was that set recorded?
Pretty sure all our throws last longer than 7 frames. dthrow is probably like 20ish, uthrow is over 30 for sure.

And suitpieces only hit once when bouncing. They aren't like Wario's bike. Am I misinterpreting what you're trying to say or are you trying to say that it'll hit multiple times from 1 toss?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Wow, seriously? For some reason I thought they were much, much faster, thanks.

it's totally possible, I'm just pulling **** from my (bad) memory. I think dazwa knows exactly how long they are, I'll give him a message.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Gj Nick getting 7th in singles and 3rd in dubs at WHOBO, especially for beating Razer.
y u lose to Ally :(
I felt like you were too afraid of Gnes in dubs, but you won anyway so w/e
y u lose to Gnes in singles :(

Bio I only saw one set with you in dubs...and I don't remember who your opponents were but I believe one of them was Chibo (it was a ROB for sure)...do you know the infinite?

And you were choking quite a bit :( How'd you place? And what happened in singles?

DRN

Smash Lord
Gj Nick getting 7th in singles and 3rd in dubs at WHOBO, especially for beating Razer.
y u lose to Ally :(
I felt like you were too afraid of Gnes in dubs, but you won anyway so w/e
y u lose to Gnes in singles :(

Bio I only saw one set with you in dubs...and I don't remember who your opponents were but I believe one of them was Chibo (it was a ROB for sure)...do you know the infinite?

And you were choking quite a bit :( How'd you place? And what happened in singles?
Bio didn't make it out of pools :(. He lost to razer, kismet, and dphat.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Old school TX pro. We have/had alot of good players that you don't always get to see in results because TX is so big and dead.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So apparently QuikSilver is in Japan along with 2 other players from Germany, I'm assuming they're there to attend SRT.
Also...a surprising update reveals that Quik is playing amazingly.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14754627&postcount=1584
Noon: beat Kuroobi 2-1, lost to Mikeneko 0-2
Evening: lost to Kuroobi 0-3, beat Mikeneko 2-0, 2-0 and 2-1

Kuroobi sandbagged in the friendles but destroyed most of Quik's openings in the set. Quik said he'd adapt to it though and thinks that Leon is better than Mikeneko [as opposed to M2K who thinks Mikeneko is the best Marth].
Quik thinks he can beat all the japanese he played so far minus Nietono. He managed to never get 2 stocked by his Olimar so far though;

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh and what happened to you? Who did you lose to?
Did you even use ZSS? I heard you were planning to go all Diddy at this or something

DRN

Smash Lord
Oh and what happened to you? Who did you lose to?
Did you even use ZSS? I heard you were planning to go all Diddy at this or something
I went all zss. I got 25th losing to trela and Mvd. I beat hyro in winners and yoshq in losers.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm really surprised at how good Quiksilver got all of the sudden, lol.

Watching his most recent sets on youtube, his set against Neath's diddy was awesome. Nice set against Myollnir's pt too.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWUBQvrTboE&feature=plcp

**** squirtle man LOL

Man ZSS is so ****ing good these days, I never thought I'd say this but I think she needs to go up a tier.

She does so much damage and lives forever for someone of her weight class.. she has awesome off-stage pressure and a terrifying ground game.

ZSS does like 5 moves to you and you're at 70%, 17% fair, effecive 20% on dsmash, awesome kill power. Plus zss players are just doing so much work.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I think SFP is completely right, ZSS has been doing fantastic lately almost every ZSS has been taking steroids and getting good results. Like if we compare how many good ZSS players we have now compared to like a year ago there's a big difference. Good **** to you all <3

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Totally, I'm so pumped about ZSS that I'm going to start being more active in europe. Going to a big (well, for portugal <3) smashfest 3 hours away tomorrow, really excited to get back into the game.

I used to be able to see how ZSS was a tier below like marth and wario but honestly I can't see it anymore, she's definitely as good as those characters, and should be in the same tier.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hey guys I'm Ryukario, I'm a Lucario player from Australia hoping to pick up ZSS as a secondary to help cover Lucario's weaknesses like D3's chain grab and other shenanigans that tick Lucario players off.

Top Bottom