• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I was playing a bad DDD

I was using Neut B to stop the waddles.
Then i was charging one, gordo came out, i was too close and stuck in Neut B lag.

Sucked *** and rage CPd ICs

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Just PS Waddles if you're scared of Gordo.
Then d-smash them.
The Waddles are stuck, and you refresh the moves you care about.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Is it really worth it to dsmash the waddles?
I like being able to dsmash lock and to dsmash x3-->uair, but if it's too stale then it isn't guaranteed. :\
Isn't it better to just jab cancel them?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
No no no
If you stale your dsmash on the waddle dees, then when you try to use dsmash x3 --> uair on DDD, the dsmash is too stale = not enough stun = uair is not guaranteed
And I'm pretty sure you can also dsmash chain DDD at low percents because he's the fastest faller in the game XD

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Because if you keep dsmashing it then the waddle is stuck there forever, and if you do it to 2 of them he can't pull out any more = he can't camp, so assuming you have the lead, DDD has to approach.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Well, I might as well start doing that so I can go refresh everything...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Wtf..
I wrote a rather long detailed critique but when I clicked Submit it didn't go through because I was apparently not logged in.

To give you the gist of it, improve your DI and SDI. Idk how much you play, but you don't seem completely familiar with the spacing and timing on ZSS' moves so I suggest that you play more. You have a habit of frolling OoS, especially when you whiff an attack/hit the opponent's shield, and you tend to dtilt out of your frolls. And lastly, try to focus more on analyzing your opponent's habits and decisions in certain situations, rather than simply waiting for an opening to attack.

Edit: Oh...stop catching items with L/R cause you keep airdodging, use Z instead.
If you're using Z and still airdodging then you're pressing Z for too long, just tap it.
And don't get hit by Snake fairs :awesome:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Haha. I jumped and tried to Uair, but i guess it didn't come out. I was having alot of technical errors as you could see (LOL at OoS UpB out of shield). I was really hot and uncomfortable. Those are not by far my best videos as i was mad stressed out and had alot of errors. I appreciate the critiques. I do have a bad Froll habit. I'm pretty sure at the start of match one i even hit grab for some reason.

I was getting so angry. None of my OoS options were working and i was misinputting left and right. I think it was lack of food. Either way. I'll try to get my other replays up.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had some way to record matches of me that aren't in terrible quality :I I'm going to be working on doubles a lot more only because sometimes singles frustrates me.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
So, SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE MARTH MU!!!!!! I CANNOT PLAY IT TO SAVE MY LIFE!
Edit: I checked the MU thread oops xD

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Wassup y'all. I'm here to learn & pickup zss. Can't stop thinking about using the damn character tbh. lol
watching videos & reading guides has been a help so far, so you guys will be seeing me around here.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Thanks, mink.

I wanna start learning the basic strategy before going advanced. one step at a time.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
^ Up air is good. Welcome to the world of using Zero Suit Samus. It's definitely something worth getting into. So have fun with her. :)
Edit: Ninja'd, well I meant @ Mink. xD

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Oh, I guess people are starting picking up Zero Suit then....

You should thank salem for that, cuz he took that character to a whole new level. hehe

@ Mink: I'm already aware of zamus's kill moves, u-air being one of them.
I just like her speed, range and killing ability she has.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Excel, you have Wallace ****ing Wells everywhere in your posts.
I like that.
No homo.

Actually, I don't think there is no way to like Wallace and be no-homo... but w/e

Top Bottom