• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Or almost everyone else in top tier, lol

Dedede's a bad character with a few good traits that really help boost his success. Sorta like the opposite of Ness.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
^ That is true. If only Ness didn't have that grab release problem. :/

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If only DDD could approach...

The way I see it, he's still a barrier in the Tier List for a lot of characters.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Like DK. xD Is it possible Dedede could ever got a mobility boost OR like a viable approach? Since either one would be really nice.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Bio, V115 and other good ZSS's should get their best videos of certain matchups and post them on the video thread so we can update it with more recent stuff.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Bio, V115 and other good ZSS's should get their best videos of certain matchups and post them on the video thread so we can update it with more recent stuff.
I think my match with PJ is the only good video I have that properly outlines a matchup. I'll go ahead and post that one in the video thread.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I got 9th out of 32 today. Lost to mampam (diddy snake, imo I should have won, I buffered a suicide and then my Uair didn't come out -.-) and then lost to hungrybox d3. I can't do the mu with zss, g2 I went ic and did work. . Should have stuck with ic game 3, that's why I lost imo. I have a mental block in the mu. But I beat two Sonics, a peach, and mm a snake. My snake mu experience is so good.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I got 9th out of 32 today. Lost to mampam (diddy snake, imo I should have won, I buffered a suicide and then my Uair didn't come out -.-) and then lost to hungrybox d3. I can't do the mu with zss, g2 I went ic and did work. . Should have stuck with ic game 3, that's why I lost imo. I have a mental block in the mu. But I beat two Sonics, a peach, and mm a snake. My snake mu experience is so good.
congrats Boss. top 10 is great. recent tournament I got 3rd, Used Tink and ZSS only, no one else and only went to ZSS when I had TOO for like terrible MUs,

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Papa Mink! It would be nice to have more active boards though, since it doesn't matter if I post here a lot when I got nothing too good to say really. xD

BioDG

Smash Ace
Great job on 9th!

DDD matchup is quite good for ZSS so I think you can easily beat that char with her next time.

You weren't even around back then.
I prefer it based in knowing it was more active. : P

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I NEVER ftilt.
Snake is all traps and landing games bro.

But for D3, i can't do it. Idk why. I guess i just don't know how to approach, what to do or anything.

With IC, i just descync blizzard and hobbled. IB chased. It was free.
But with ZSS? I just.. don't know.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Side B more?

It's funny how there's like 3 Snakes here and I think none of them use Ftilt properly, they're too aggressive with it so I basically just bait it and Dsmash.
Except when they predict my Dsmash and they Dash Attack. No DACUS, DA has some invincibility in Snake's arms, so that beats Dsmash. It is really silly....

BioDG

Smash Ace
How do I beat Snake >.<
I mean I know I need to avoid ftilt as much as possible but..how do I do that? XD
Grab through his nade camp, **** him offstage, predict DACUS, juggle him like the world is going to end if you don't, and be patient cuz he's fat.

I think the biggest Catch-22 of the matchup is that although you don't want to get ftilted/utilted and our CQC is inferior, don't be afraid to go close-range on Snake due to our juggle strengths. You want to be properly spaced at all times, of course, and you can really mess with him with sh uairs, dtilts and shield grabs. If you can force him make bad commitments with ftilts, it can give you free OoS punishes and keep the momentum on your side.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea grabbing him is a good idea. If you miss he can just sticky-bair you or ftilt you, or fsmash you. Grabbing is definitely a better idea than using one of those brokenly safe on shield moves that blows up the grenades, destroys his shield and sets up juggles better.

Grab more.

BioDG

Smash Ace
How do I beat Snake >.<
I mean I know I need to avoid ftilt as much as possible but..how do I do that? XD
Grab through his nade camp, **** him offstage, predict DACUS, juggle him like the world is going to end if you don't, and be patient cuz he's fat.

I think the biggest Catch-22 of the matchup is that although you don't want to get ftilted/utilted and our CQC is inferior, don't be afraid to go close-range on Snake due to our juggle strengths. You want to be properly spaced at all times, of course, and you can really mess with him with sh uairs, dtilts and shield grabs. If you can force him make bad commitments with ftilts, it can give you free OoS punishes and keep the momentum on your side.

The only way to "avoid" ftilt is to constantly be in two situations and two situations only: 1. out of ftilt range and 2. inside ftilt range for the purpose of punishing it out of shield. I imagine you're not reading your opponent well and/or improperly spaced if you're getting ftilted too much. Sounds redundant, I know, but I think that's all there is to it.

I NEVER ftilt.
Snake is all traps and landing games bro.

But for D3, i can't do it. Idk why. I guess i just don't know how to approach, what to do or anything.

With IC, i just descync blizzard and hobbled. IB chased. It was free.
But with ZSS? I just.. don't know.
If you're dropping the lead before you know it, you're probably too impatient/greedy. If you don't know how to approach, you might be overthinking it since you shouldn't be approaching DDD that much and instead throwing projectiles and sideB often. All you have to watch out for in this position is PS tactics so be sure to space and mix-up properly. I feel like we shouldn't be trying to approach that often (as ZSS usually shouldn't) until we want to kill him.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Lots of punishing landings.
Lots of running in circles.
Never ever EVER rush the kill. You'll eventually kill, don't worry about it.
Crawl under/jump over predicted Waddle throw and punish.
Always assume DDD is going for the ledge when recovering. React to him going on stage.
That's the basics.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Someone in the Skype chat said they have trouble with ROB

Juggle him to death, he can't land. His fall speed is so bad.
[3:57:47 PM] V115: Take him to like BF or YIB or something and get him above you
[3:57:53 PM] V115: Usmash whenever he lands on a platform
[3:58:10 PM] V115: When you get in close
[3:58:22 PM] V115: Shield his ftilt/dtilt and punish with dtilt OoS
[3:58:36 PM] V115: Juggle but be wary of nairs
[3:59:20 PM] V115: If you recover low, watch out for sudden run off-->fairs
[3:59:56 PM] HL | NickRiddle: Or just dont do that.
[4:00:28 PM] V115: ROB players seem to spotdodge quite a bit too
[4:00:42 PM] V115: So punish that with a charged dsmash and then infinite him and lol
[4:00:47 PM] HL | NickRiddle: Because d-smash is good.
[4:01:29 PM] V115: Oh..ROB players like to mindgame by using sh autocancelled nair-->stuff
[4:01:48 PM] V115: It looks like they're gonna approach from the air but then they land and you get ftilted or something
[4:01:52 PM] V115: So pay attention to that

If you're diagonally in front and below him, and he nairs, if you try to airdodge you run the risk of getting hit by the later hitbox (when the nair finishes its cycle) so you might want to downB instead. It just takes experience to know the spacing and timing on his nair.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I wanna be in the skype chat. :( Well at least now I know I'm playing playing DDDs and ROB now. You guys are really helpful!

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Uh, what are your skype names? >_> Mine is Fiskido, so yeah add me I guess.

Top Bottom