• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Seriously learn her recovery first.

Then learn the individual uses of each moves.

Work with suit pieces all the time.

Learn what your combo moves are.

Practice spacing and basic combos.

Practice advanced techs.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Welllll...

She was one of my first mains about a year ago, but this one guy made me play so many ZSS dittos, I grew to hate the character after a while. Picking her up again is like a fresh start, but I forgot SO much stuff. I used to be really good with her, but a year is a long time.

I'm gonna practice on that stuff. That "Sniper's bullet" comparison was actually really helpful to me for some reason. I'm landing BAir better and more safely now.

The only thing I have down right now is grabs. >_< But I just started using her again. Gimme a little time to get used to her again and I'll be juuuust fine. :3

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Personally, I just steal the item style off of Nick Riddle :3 I love his item work
I'm bad with items though. o.o

zss is trash just go metaknight = )
True story.

am i the only one who thinks that dazlock is overrated/overhyped?

and yeah i double posted so what??

ima rebel
Dazlock is good, if you can get it. That first dash attack is pretty hard to get though.

shlike

Smash Ace
I'm bad with items though. o.o

True story.

Dazlock is good, if you can get it. That first dash attack is pretty hard to get though.
i seriously believe you have to be good at this game before youre good with zss.

reading your opponent/having good DI / good mix up game / and spacing (thats a given) i'm still figuring out the correct spacing for uair (lulz i suck) imo are the most important things to playing zss.

are the top zss mains spamming at's??

no they just play smart and know how to play the game.

just my thoughts

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't wanna use MK. =/ I don't like using him at all. I usually main female charactesr in a game, and ZSS even has a gun. :3 I think I try to play too fancy as her though. xD I need to learn how to play by-the-book for once.

shlike

Smash Ace
time to look like a scrub but oh well...

Platform cancelling??? elaborate por favor

oh and the reason why youre awesome because you quoted me and i'm pretty awesome :>

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Does anyone have debug? Someone needs to test if nB>JCT lock on diddy is legit, because it seems very tight timing but if it is legit, it works at all percents, and is like 50% across FD, followed by a dsmash combo o.O

I tried testing it in 1/2 speed while setting diddy to walk, and wasn't really sure if he could get out, so really someone should just test frame by frame, it'd be worth it to know.

Xonar says it was legit btw when he tested, I just want some conclusive evidence this time before a make a showcase vid lol

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Does anyone have debug? Someone needs to test if nB>JCT lock on diddy is legit, because it seems very tight timing but if it is legit, it works at all percents, and is like 50% across FD, followed by a dsmash combo o.O

I tried testing it in 1/2 speed while setting diddy to walk, and wasn't really sure if he could get out, so really someone should just test frame by frame, it'd be worth it to know.

Xonar says it was legit btw when he tested, I just want some conclusive evidence this time before a make a showcase vid lol
nB just has so much stun, we should really get total frames (there's also the animation after the initial stun)
and if we can get dsmash out of trip we can surely get nb, don't you agree? :)

btw i was thinking, are we using upb enough? it's 1 frame like jab but not quite as escapable. the range is medium though.

solecalibur

Smash Master
nB just has so much stun, we should really get total frames (there's also the animation after the initial stun)
and if we can get dsmash out of trip we can surely get nb, don't you agree? :)

btw i was thinking, are we using upb enough? it's 1 frame like jab but not quite as escapable. the range is medium though.
It clashes a ton and gets eating alot (like the tornado) I do try and use it though just to mix up my game a bit use Up air instead of Up b
Uair > UpB

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
It clashes a ton and gets eating alot (like the tornado) I do try and use it though just to mix up my game a bit use Up air instead of Up b
Uair > UpB
Up B isn't really a bad move per se. It's just that generally you have a better option in situations where up B is applicable. USmash sends them back into the air, allowing you to juggle them even more, and Uair is generally better at juggling.

However, up B does have some uses. It makes a killer anti-air mix-up, and if they land to the ground (at percents before they can tech), you can follow up with jab or UTilt. When they CAN tech, you can tech chase them. Oh, and platform antics too.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I actually think up+b is really good. The move that has become less relevant than ever is probably usmash, which is just upstaged by uair and in some cases up+b.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Usmash is pretty easy to DI. That combined with its long animation makes it pretty punishable.

I've been thinking about the uses of grounded up b, the biggest thing holding it back is its horizontal range, but it is also pretty punishable by a simple airdodge, unlike usmash in most cases. It's frame 6 though not frame 1 according to our resource center.

Also
and if we can get dsmash out of trip we can surely get nb, don't you agree?
We definitely have the nB out of the trip, the only part where I am iffy on it being legit is when we stun and have to grab the nanner out of the air and JCT, if they can get out at any point it would be there.

It seemed like if I delayed the nB a fraction of a second, it made the nanner grab to JCT more flawless. We know we have atleast 3 frames to delay since dsmash is 20 and nB is 17, and the projectile travel time is pretty much negligible because the JCT puts you so close to them.

Like I said, if anyone can debug, this is absolutely worth it to test. It seems slightly easier than dashlocks, atleast when I was first trying to do them, but it would be an awesome combo and setup, regardless of %.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Usmash is pretty easy to DI. That combined with its long animation makes it pretty punishable.

I've been thinking about the uses of grounded up b, the biggest thing holding it back is its horizontal range, but it is also pretty punishable by a simple airdodge, unlike usmash in most cases. It's frame 6 though not frame 1 according to our resource center.

Also
We definitely have the nB out of the trip, the only part where I am iffy on it being legit is when we stun and have to grab the nanner out of the air and JCT, if they can get out at any point it would be there.

It seemed like if I delayed the nB a fraction of a second, it made the nanner grab to JCT more flawless. We know we have atleast 3 frames to delay since dsmash is 20 and nB is 17, and the projectile travel time is pretty much negligible because the JCT puts you so close to them.

Like I said, if anyone can debug, this is absolutely worth it to test. It seems slightly easier than dashlocks, atleast when I was first trying to do them, but it would be an awesome combo and setup, regardless of %.

I will be testing this next week, when I have Wii with debug mode again.

In other news, I'm also going to start testing d-smash > Footstool > Tether on people. It's pretty funny, works at ANY %, and I'm pretty sure it'll work on quite a few characters. I already know it works on DK, Bowser, Peach, and Ganon. I'll make a vid of it sometime.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

In other news, I'm also going to start testing d-smash > Footstool > Tether on people. It's pretty funny, works at ANY %, and I'm pretty sure it'll work on quite a few characters. I already know it works on DK, Bowser, Peach, and Ganon. I'll make a vid of it sometime.
Tether? upb/sideb? I r confuzzled.

solecalibur

Smash Master

Looking forward to seeing that Im sure its not like the ROB inf but is it pretty easy to combo after you footstool them?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion

Great thanks for testing. Can you make a vid if it turns out to be legit? I can always do it if we know it's a true combo.

And that has to be side b i'd assume? Why not just do a normal dsmash combo? Or is it an edge guard tech?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The Bang/Taokaka end, that owned so hard, but I can't decide whether that or the Tager one with bang(finish bang with a super in tager route), was the best.

Seriously stop reading posts and go do it right now, ph00t.
Haven't done that one yet, although I don't think it can beat Noel's Litchi ending.

Also, wth? Plasma Wire comes out in six frames.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Great thanks for testing. Can you make a vid if it turns out to be legit? I can always do it if we know it's a true combo.

And that has to be side b i'd assume? Why not just do a normal dsmash combo? Or is it an edge guard tech?
D-smash > Footstool > Tether is an edgeguarding tech. Vs. Donkey Kong, if he uses his second jump, you can d-smash > footstool at about the height of the edge of the stage, and Dk cannot recover. He's the easiest to do this on.

I was playing vs. a Peach a couple days ago. Peach used her double jump and float to get near the stage, then she tried to sweetspot the edge with her up-b. I d-smash > footstooled her back off the ledge, and tried to tether onto the ledge before Peach grabbed it. It worked, and Peach slowly floated to her death. (I got hit on her way down, but I could tether again without getting hit)
This got me thinking about who else it would work on. So, while playing a Ganondorf today, I tried the same thing, and it also worked on him.

Later this week I will be testing it on other characters, and making a video to help explain it to you guys.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Haven't done that one yet, although I don't think it can beat Noel's Litchi ending.
Lose to Tager then keep playing from there is how to get to it
Ive completed everyone's story but Carl's since I cant stand playing him in general

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I <3 upB. It's fun to stand on the edge while the opponent's recovering, and they're going high 'cause you've conditioned them that you're going to spam/charge dsmash until it hits at the edge or jump off and run after them with aerials, then surprise them with an upB spike. Don't even have to leave the stage. :D

And upBing through platforms is luff, too. ntm teh Cake Combo.

It's a pretty neat move. Maybe it has more uses than originally assumed? Hmm...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Lose to Tager then keep playing from there is how to get to it
Ive completed everyone's story but Carl's since I cant stand playing him in general
That's the ending I'm talking about. I think it's the best ending.

I've got all but 6% of Carl's story, which pisses me off because I have no idea what I'm missing/who I haven't lost to. I think making defeat screens part of the completion requisites is dumb. Losing to some characters is actually harder than beating them (I'm looking at you guys, Carl, Bang and Tager).

noradseven

Smash Lord
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hey there, guys.

We're currently doing ("doing" :rolleyes:) Zero Suit Samus, in out Match-up Thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8385176#post8385176

Care to help us out?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
im afraid ZSS is going to be the one ON TOP of this matchup

Top Bottom