• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Zero

Smash Hero
So..

I've been absent from the boards for about a month and a half, due to school and stuff. I graduated last night, which leaves me a lot more time for this. So basically.. what have I missed?

Also have a huuge tournament next week, so any breakthroughs in matchups/technique would be appreciated. :)

sasook

Smash Champion
So..

I've been absent from the boards for about a month and a half, due to school and stuff. I graduated last night, which leaves me a lot more time for this. So basically.. what have I missed?

Also have a huuge tournament next week, so any breakthroughs in matchups/technique would be appreciated. :)
You missed a huge drop in activity. You partook in it without even realizing lol.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah most of us are -back- in school so not much happs unfortunately
Except im back in practice now a whole new wave of scrubs came this year, most of them are hopeless though, they complain that we play spear pillar cause (its a bad stage, hell its fun seriously), then they play ****ing temple with only smash balls cause its how the game is ment to be played also they are terrible(really terrible), well duh other wise they woulnd't play only smash balls on temple. The only guy that is any decent plays yoshi, he still sometimes beats some of our worse players they are confused by his lolarmor and crazy aggressive play style(which is kinda how you have to play yoshi cause his shield is terrible), while the more experienced people just rip him a new one.

aka a ton of happs are going on with me also we might make a vid soon of one of our players titled waug is an *******, cause our one player waug(okay about middle of the skill road, here), plays ness/marth, and dear god he gimps/ganks people so often at zero percent its not even funny.

Also port priority + PK flash is hillarious in team battles, its also fun to watch scrubs die from the falling fire spike 3 times in a row, oppenent off edge PK fire, d-air, recovers :D.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Yes i would also like to start some MU discussions so how about we get this thing started. Ok any good tips to fighting Diddy? What should we be aware of and are the nanners really a threat to us?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
We've done diddy already. I'm going to write up the matchup discussion for kirby soon as I get the chance, and suggestions for who to move on to? Someone in the high mid tier.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
DK is in our favor but don't get cocky seriously he'll screw you up. Uair beats bair but BE CAREFUL lol
You can say that again. I just figured that in theorycraft it'd be in our favour, but if so I don't know the matchup very well since I tend to get beaten by them a fair bit, sometimes even 2-stocked. I especially hate his DSmash. A move that comes out in 10 frames shouldn't kill at 85%...

Hence why I want to discuss it.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
DK can be tough, I played a bunch of friendlies against Bigfoot and it essentially comes down to learning the range of his moves, and not falling for stupid stuff like charged smashes. You also have to take advantage of "safe zones" as Susa calls them, especially when he's in the air. Basically if DK is facing you or above you his options are so badly limited that you can beat him pretty much every time.

I only played him on neutrals so maybe we just have a fat advantage on DK on brinstar, but I think bigfoot definitely learned the matchup since that vid lol. He doesn't get juggled as easily, though he still tries to fsmash to edge guard (side b says gtfo)

sasook

Smash Champion
I was talking to a friend of mine, KirinBlaze, who has a DK friend named Will (mitsuragi I think on SWF) and Kirin says he's seen Will play Snakeee and they actually go pretty even. o.O

Also, Warp's DI is ridiculous. I approve of it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I only played him on neutrals so maybe we just have a fat advantage on DK on brinstar, but I think bigfoot definitely learned the matchup since that vid lol. He doesn't get juggled as easily, though he still tries to fsmash to edge guard (side b says gtfo)
It's actually a good DK stage. It's just slightly better for ZSS, IMO. Most DK players that don't know the match-up aren't aware of this, though.

btw, ban Yoshi's Island against DK.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Huh, when I played against Will's DK, we played on Yoshi's Island twice. It wasn't a pleasant experience so I somewhat agree with norad, I just don't know the exact reasoning <_<

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yoshi's Island has a glitchy ledge that DK can abuse to literally be invincible through his entire UpB. It's not OP in terms of being an approach, because you can just get out of the way, but any time he does it, he either does a lot of damage, or gets the area under the platform for free, and considering the area under the platform is the win zone for almost any character, DK can really dominate on Yoshi's Island.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I used Rainbow Cruise against Will and it was LOADS easier than the games we played on Yoshi's Island. He posted later saying he'd ban it in the future though...I dunno where I'd take him, but against DKs that don't already know about it, go RC.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
I used Rainbow Cruise against Will and it was LOADS easier than the games we played on Yoshi's Island. He posted later saying he'd ban it in the future though...I dunno where I'd take him, but against DKs that don't already know about it, go RC.
And here i thought Zss was horrible on RC. But now i know.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
FD's always a good choice, too.
I disagree that FD is ever a good stage but it's bad especially against DK. You aren't going to side-b/paralyzer camp him (or anyone actually, side-b and paralyzer are just bad moves) so I don't know why you'd take him to a stage like that. He kind of wrecks her spacing game as is.

IMO you take him to stages with platforms and try to stay under them. BF, Lylat, Brinstar, etc.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I disagree that FD is ever a good stage but it's bad especially against DK. You aren't going to side-b/paralyzer camp him (or anyone actually, side-b and paralyzer are just bad moves) so I don't know why you'd take him to a stage like that. He kind of wrecks her spacing game as is.

IMO you take him to stages with platforms and try to stay under them. BF, Lylat, Brinstar, etc.
LOLOLOL DK can platform camp better than we can :(.

Trust me ya want the open stage, nofair, and brinstar are p. good cause their is no platform immediately above a lower platform plus the stage has horizontal size so you can catch a break and let your shield go back up.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
TRUST US YOU WILL LOSE THIS MATCH HORRIBLY, you have zero options without items and get shutdown.
Now I wanna play a DK on Yoshi's. Who needs to make the first move? I'd just react to slow DK things, and assume he's gonna Bair me.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe DK completely shuts down Zss in yoshi's. Spacing is key and Zss has all she needs to camp against DK. All Dk got is his bairs and that annoying upb. You just gotta becareful of his cheapness lol.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I don't believe DK completely shuts down Zss in yoshi's. Spacing is key and Zss has all she needs to camp against DK. All Dk got is his bairs and that annoying upb. You just gotta becareful of his cheapness lol.
IDK I just feel extreme pain from rag also rag didn't spam b-air on yoshi's it was more grounded attacks he p. much refused to leave the bottom side of the platform and just kept you on the edge the whole time, it was p. frusterating.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

SFP, I've mentioned this in the IRC, but if you think I'm talking about just running away and spamming special attacks, you've got another think coming. Yes, Paralyzer and Plasma Whip will be helpful on that stage, but they're more to keep DK honest so he can't approach with bair, which basically means he can't approach. This leaves you to get an early lead with suit pieces and wait for DK to try another doomed approach. Trust me, I've played Ragnar0k several times in tournament, and he has never beaten me on FD. It's that bad for DK.

You don't get it. Any time you gain the advantageous position on this stage (directly underneath the platform), DK just goes off the stage and forces you out of your advantageous position with his invincible UpB. Any time you hit DK, he can just put things back in his favor by washing, rinsing and repeating. There is no advantageous position for you on this stage. Your best bet here is to ledge camp, and even that is barely an even match-up.

noradseven

Smash Lord
SFP, I've mentioned this in the IRC, but if you think I'm talking about just running away and spamming special attacks, you've got another think coming. Yes, Paralyzer and Plasma Whip will be helpful on that stage, but they're more to keep DK honest so he can't approach with bair, which basically means he can't approach. This leaves you to get an early lead with suit pieces and wait for DK to try another doomed approach. Trust me, I've played Ragnar0k several times in tournament, and he has never beaten me on FD. It's that bad for DK.

You don't get it. Any time you gain the advantageous position on this stage (directly underneath the platform), DK just goes off the stage and forces you out of your advantageous position with his invincible UpB. Any time you hit DK, he can just put things back in his favor by washing, rinsing and repeating. There is no advantageous position for you on this stage. Your best bet here is to ledge camp, and even that is barely an even match-up.
I would trust ph00tbag, rag is def a better player than ph00tbag no offense, and if ph00t says he can beat him consistently on FD thats p. bad for DK then, and Ragnarok is a VERY good DK. Playing him on YI is suicide, brinstar is probably better than BF as well.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Does DK's Up B somehow become invincible off the ledge? Or is it just super armor the entire way through? Because Up B is pretty easy grab bait with its obvious trajectory and the fact that its totally committed for the duration. I banned Yoshi's against M7H because there was nothing else to ban, but now that I think about it it's not really that bad if you can grab him out of it easily.

BTW lets talk about DK in general, if we get enough discussion I'll just link the matchup discussion here and be done with that.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Does DK's Up B somehow become invincible off the ledge? Or is it just super armor the entire way through? Because Up B is pretty easy grab bait with its obvious trajectory and the fact that its totally committed for the duration. I banned Yoshi's against M7H because there was nothing else to ban, but now that I think about it it's not really that bad if you can grab him out of it easily.

BTW lets talk about DK in general, if we get enough discussion I'll just link the matchup discussion here and be done with that.
Dk's up B isnt even super armor I've hit him out of it before you just have to aim up top or on the bottom When I friendly my friends Dk he only uses Up b for a recovery so I cant say if you can grab him or not while in it

Top Bottom