• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

noradseven

Smash Lord
Dk's up B isnt even super armor I've hit him out of it before you just have to aim up top or on the bottom When I friendly my friends Dk he only uses Up b for a recovery so I cant say if you can grab him or not while in it
its super armor startup after that its mad priority.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
DK's upB has invincible startup in midair. The ledge of Yoshi's Story works such that if he starts a midair upB and "lands" on the stage during the invincibility, he keeps the invincibility throughout the upB.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
DK's upB has invincible startup in midair. The ledge of Yoshi's Story works such that if he starts a midair upB and "lands" on the stage during the invincibility, he keeps the invincibility throughout the upB.
I believe the official term for that technique is now called the "Mach Tornado."

It works the other way around, too. He can give his aerial up B super armor... which is just plain silly and makes it impossible to knock him out of it other than with an air grab iirc.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hi guys. I got my Wii back and I'm back to doing fun things.

OK so if you dash toward and edge and then hit up+b and IMMEDIATELY wavebounce back, ZSS will up+b off the stage and slide safely back onto it, spiking anyone above her without putting you in danger. If done correctly you will not hear the sound effect usually caused by up+b (well sometimes). Zero and I were talking about it on IRC for a few minutes and it seems marginally useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUR_yUlZVFQ Video

Yes I realize this is the same principal as capedashing but whatever. The more you know.

Up+b also allows you to reverse the jump caused by hitting X or Y on the edge and carries your momentum when you run off platforms causing you to glide to the ground instead of falling.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys. I got my Wii back and I'm back to doing fun things.

OK so if you dash toward and edge and then hit up+b and IMMEDIATELY wavebounce back, ZSS will up+b off the stage and slide safely back onto it, spiking anyone above her without putting you in danger. If done correctly you will not hear the sound effect usually caused by up+b (well sometimes). Zero and I were talking about it on IRC for a few minutes and it seems marginally useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUR_yUlZVFQ Video

Yes I realize this is the same principal as capedashing but whatever. The more you know.

Up+b also allows you to reverse the jump caused by hitting X or Y on the edge and carries your momentum when you run off platforms causing you to glide to the ground instead of falling.
Now this could be some useful information. A psuedo plasma bounce just epic.

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
Hey whats the best way to implement Zero suit samus's down B move? I've been trying to come up with stuff but I figure somebody has already done that so why not ask?

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Hey whats the best way to implement Zero suit samus's down B move? I've been trying to come up with stuff but I figure somebody has already done that so why not ask?
The down b can be used for various strategical moves. Its best use is the invinci frames you get once first pressed. You can use that for getting out of combos' as well as getting back on stage. In some instances it can be used to spike. Use it mostly to get out of sticky situations.

noradseven

Smash Lord
The down b can be used for various strategical moves. Its best use is the invinci frames you get once first pressed. You can use that for getting out of combos' as well as getting back on stage. In some instances it can be used to spike. Use it mostly to get out of sticky situations.
Yeah p. much this, but watch out it can and will be baited but so can everything.

Space-knight

Smash Cadet

Ok cool. Will try, thanks. :)

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
me and n-air have been steady for a little under a year now
I've been trying to incorporate it into my gameplay, but even still, I rarely have a good use for it. The only matchup I consistently use it in is vs. olimar, where i use the nair to shake off pikmin without diminishing any other arials. I rarely use it at low percents because I can't seem to combo it to another move, and I rarely use it at high percents because it doesn't kill as well as other arials. Sometimes I use it for its oddly-angeled hitbox, but it is rare.

So I ask - when do you (singular or plural) tend to use nair, and why would it be more effective than another arial in that instance?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Come to think of it, I use dair more than I use nair too....

hmmm....maybe I should fix that too <_<
I am half surprised other people use d-air is part of the thing, I thought I was just crazy.

n-air has better block stun than any other aireal, and functioning hitstun to allow a free combo at low damages, hint hit the center of n-air not the front side. The front/back sides are more for awkward retreating hits not really the other way around. Also make sure you land behind them during the n-air because ya kinda need that +2 more frames.

I basically use it when I am worried about it landing and do it instead of b-air crossup pressure, which is just as effective, in many ways, just this will free combo at lower damages.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I must be using it wrong, cause I find nair unsafe against the majority of shields out there.

And dair is good for mixups. Is there any way to stall it on purpose? Like does second jump to dair immediately stall it into the air? Because if you get dair to cancel it can combo into things pretty well.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I must be using it wrong, cause I find nair unsafe against the majority of shields out there.

And dair is good for mixups. Is there any way to stall it on purpose? Like does second jump to dair immediately stall it into the air? Because if you get dair to cancel it can combo into things pretty well.
No it doesn't stall but it stops all momentum too bad the fact that it moves your hitbox down a bit at startup eliminates most uses, normally if Im using it Im TKing it, it pokes low shields like mad and at like 50%+ damage safe and a 100%+ damage(when I normally use it), the oppenent gets place in a favorable position for us.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
The only time when Dair should EVER be used is if your opponent is juggling you, and you need a way to get back to the ground ASAP. In any other situation, it's much too laggy and risky to be worth it, especially since it doesn't do much damage or knockback.

Dair is probably her worst move, even when you include her throws.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The only time when Dair should EVER be used is if your opponent is juggling you, and you need a way to get back to the ground ASAP. In any other situation, it's much too laggy and risky to be worth it, especially since it doesn't do much damage or knockback.

Dair is probably her worst move, even when you include her throws.
Uthrow.

Dair I use a lot more then uthrow, tbh, I think I never used uthrow in a serious match, while I did do so with Fsmash for baiting a roll, lulz.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Uthrow.

Dair I use a lot more then uthrow, tbh, I think I never used uthrow in a serious match, while I did do so with Fsmash for baiting a roll, lulz.
No I'd say UThrow is more useful. It does the most damage out of all her throws, and people tend to say 'DThrow instaed' because allegedly it's easier to follow up, however even with DThrow your opponent can easily escape any follow-ups if they know what to expect, but your opponent is still in the air,so you can pressure them and try to land a hit that way.

UThrow launches them into the air like DThrow and it does 3% more damage. BThrow could be argued to be worse than Dair, but UThrow most certainly isn't.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No I'd say UThrow is more useful. It does the most damage out of all her throws, and people tend to say 'DThrow instaed' because allegedly it's easier to follow up, however even with DThrow your opponent can easily escape any follow-ups if they know what to expect, but your opponent is still in the air,so you can pressure them and try to land a hit that way.

UThrow launches them into the air like DThrow and it does 3% more damage. BThrow could be argued to be worse than Dair, but UThrow most certainly isn't.
Uthrow has too much lag, you can't defend it in any way

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
at lower percents I think your opponent can hit you after you uthrow them, while you're still stuck in the animation.

yeah it's garbage.

If there is a way to consistently use the stalled dair I would use it so much, I was just realizing how well it combos if you can hit them and then cancel right before you hit the ground.

Nair is alright I love how it combos but at the same time I find it really hard to land on a grounded opponent. I feel like I'm not using it right (norad help meh).

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
at lower percents I think your opponent can hit you after you uthrow them, while you're still stuck in the animation.

yeah it's garbage.
Really? It's never happend to me. I can imagine stall-then-fall moves hitting during the lag, but I can't think of any other moves that could do that; its base knockback seems like it's too high.

Besides, at around 50%+ DThrow has very little chance of getting an initial follow-up, so you may as well go for UThrow then.

On the topic of Nair, it's pretty good, but I don't find myself using it too often. I'm trying to implement it into my game a bit more.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Really? It's never happend to me. I can imagine stall-then-fall moves hitting during the lag, but I can't think of any other moves that could do that; its base knockback seems like it's too high.

Besides, at around 50%+ DThrow has very little chance of getting an initial follow-up, so you may as well go for UThrow then.

On the topic of Nair, it's pretty good, but I don't find myself using it too often. I'm trying to implement it into my game a bit more.
you don't need a direct follow it is easier to do dodge baits off of, though I sometimes do u-throw to change the dodge timing hehe they normally dodge way early.. Also d-air like I said it pokes shields below 1/2 health, and soft spikes on platforms, lol, most the time I d-air its imediatly after a jump,because your at 80% damage, low shield, somewhat near the edge and I want you off the stage. It kinda owns for that.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Anyone who says nair doesn't have good priority is not paying attention. It's basically a mid-air sheild.

That said, even though it's safe on block, it's ridiculously unsafe on PS, and given that there's not much of a window for a falling nair to be useful, PSing it is really easy, since most people with match-up experience will know to expect it.

Nair's good, but not that good.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Anyone who says nair doesn't have good priority is not paying attention. It's basically a mid-air sheild.

That said, even though it's safe on block, it's ridiculously unsafe on PS, and given that there's not much of a window for a falling nair to be useful, PSing it is really easy, since most people with match-up experience will know to expect it.

Nair's good, but not that good.
Yep its unsafe on PS this is why I do it right on top of them so most characters at least have to guess, which side I will land on.

But then again b-air is unsafe on PS too so :(.

Top Bottom