• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Ladybug

Smash Lord
ZSS can officially live to 275 on Luigis against Falco. I know because it happened to me this weekend... And I don't even play ZSS. :D

solecalibur

Smash Master
WTF is luigi's legal but yeah camp the bottom lol.
Welcome to the midwest .... wouldn't be so bad if more regions had our stage list so when we go to major tounrys we wonder were our stage list went :laugh:
I assume they had no exp with Luigi's but if you just go for the two pillars on top the camping is stopped shortly but our iteam game is OP on that stage if your opponent gets control of iteams just camp outside the house until other wise

noradseven

Smash Lord
Welcome to the midwest .... wouldn't be so bad if more regions had our stage list so when we go to major tounrys we wonder were our stage list went :laugh:
I assume they had no exp with Luigi's but if you just go for the two pillars on top the camping is stopped shortly but our iteam game is OP on that stage if your opponent gets control of iteams just camp outside the house until other wise
Im just trying to understand the logic luigi's is so bad in everyway, caveran style stage, super high cieling almost no sides, terrible edge I mean what.

CO18

Smash Hero
lol remember our match on frigate where i was at like 190 and u were at like 88 then i baired u near the ledge and u died ftw. lool

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Don't know what Nick thinks about the matchup, but Co18 thinks its even.
Down Air > up air chains
Just about any multi-hit move should be viewed as a double-edged sword. SDI out -> uair beats DDD's dair.

And as long as the ZSS knows when uair can connect, it's not to huge a problem. It's when you get too aggressive.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Im inclinded to say its in our favor then I remember this match and owning the **** out of someone then lol b-air at 30% no second jump grabs edge **** it......

But yeah I normally don't have too many problems in this match.

Namesearches
If your trying to figure out who riddle is he is one of the top 3 ZSS's FYI.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Im inclinded to say its in our favor then I remember this match and owning the **** out of someone then lol b-air at 30% no second jump grabs edge **** it......
your experiences versus chummy D3s is not a good representation of the matchup. Other than Snake, Atomsk, Co18, Seibrik, Hungrybox, and Nickriddle, I can't honestly say I'll believe that anyone knows the matchup as well as them, unless Lee Martin picks up ZSS for good, then after a while I can add him and Fogo to the list too. I'd even hesitate to say that Buu who has to face Dazwa knows the matchup. D3s are becoming a rare species, especially since most of the top D3s are in one state lol. Even more, ZSS's are exceedingly rare, ESPECIALLY top ZSS, which we can count on one hand, and then Nick won't go but up one state for an OOS tournament so that also hinders matchup knowledge. Even know I main them both and watch Co18 and Nickriddle on live streams on occasion, I still wouldn't even begin to consider that I know the matchup.

Oh, and he meant he namesearches himself.

noradseven

Smash Lord
your experiences versus chummy D3s is not a good representation of the matchup. Other than Snake, Atomsk, Co18, Seibrik, Hungrybox, and Nickriddle, I can't honestly say I'll believe that anyone knows the matchup as well as them, unless Lee Martin picks up ZSS for good, then after a while I can add him and Fogo to the list too. I'd even hesitate to say that Buu who has to face Dazwa knows the matchup. D3s are becoming a rare species, especially since most of the top D3s are in one state lol. Even more, ZSS's are exceedingly rare, ESPECIALLY top ZSS, which we can count on one hand, and then Nick won't go but up one state for an OOS tournament so that also hinders matchup knowledge. Even know I main them both and watch Co18 and Nickriddle on live streams on occasion, I still wouldn't even begin to consider that I know the matchup.

Oh, and he meant he namesearches himself.
IDK the guy got p. far in our tournment, but yeah he was a chump, I found out 1/2 way though the match he couldn't pivot grab and proceeded to **** his face I didn't have cash for the tourney but found out he made it to the semis and was LIKE THE ****, after he lost I was like u know he couldn't pivot grab right, like 3 people facepalmed right there, it was seriously terrible :(, 2 of these guys were good players too that lost.

No this was not some ****ty tourney we had ranked players from NC/SC there well it wasn't too great we were missing like 4 of our top 5 but still whatevs.

But yeah good D3s are rare which I find odd because he doesn't appear to be extremely hard to learn. Also that still doesn't excuse my point that I think we do alot more damage but D3 kills alot earlier than us, and because of his nature we gotta be careful at all damages.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain there are more Ice Climbers and Marth than there are DDDs. Its the oddest thing. I think it might have something to do with the stigma against him. Given that I also think that ZSS is mained much because she isn't listed on the man menu and isn't as broken as Sheik in Melee, so as people make the transition from casual to competitive, they learn one character, study their frame data and matchups and then don't bother to try to learn anyone knew because it would feel like a set back.

I think too much about things that don't matter.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain there are more Ice Climbers and Marth than there are DDDs. Its the oddest thing. I think it might have something to do with the stigma against him. Given that I also think that ZSS is mained much because she isn't listed on the man menu and isn't as broken as Sheik in Melee, so as people make the transition from casual to competitive, they learn one character, study their frame data and matchups and then don't bother to try to learn anyone knew because it would feel like a set back.

I think too much about things that don't matter.
I know what your saying and most the ZSS players I do know are like j. retreating over Bs and Im like IDK if you hurd the GNUs(ohhh god bad linux pun), but that **** is unsafe if PSed, and with 30 some frames of startup guess what I can PS it.

Also yeah I know like 2 marths(3-4 subs), and 1 IC(main), and like 3 IC subs, not as big as NC/SCs DK seriously I play like 2 in casuals, then I go to a tourney and their are like 4 DKs, both of the people I played in casuals didn't come im like O_o.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think so too.

also nick you should go to hobo 21 :]

snakeee is going as well we can all spoon
Considering it. I love free money. :D
Shlike, you should go to Winterfest. People from WC and MD/VA are going. We can all spoon.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
lol nick TX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FL

<3

and wf is a maybe although the spooning sounds mighty tempting
Then have TX go to FL, so when FL wins, you can be confused. :D
Our easiest matchup is Dorf. Bowser/Ivy have things.
DK is 2nd easiest. (IMO)

shlike

Smash Ace
Then have TX go to FL, so when FL wins, you can be confused. :D
Our easiest matchup is Dorf. Bowser/Ivy have things.
DK is 2nd easiest. (IMO)
you must play the scrubbiest dk's ever.

the whole d3 kill% difference comes into play i would say it's 55:45 zss

most of zss's mu's are close to even

and imo if falco doesnt camp hard zss wins >.>

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
you must play the scrubbiest dk's ever.

the whole d3 kill% difference comes into play i would say it's 55:45 zss

most of zss's mu's are close to even

and imo if falco doesnt camp hard zss wins >.>
I would agree with the Kill% thing, but you can gimp DK.

Top Bottom