• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I've still been placing.
I just don't tell anybody since the thread doesn't update anymore.
When I win Winterfest, people will know ZSS is amazing.

shlike

Smash Ace
also i place decently as well, it seems the only active zss players are nick, fk , and myself, and occasionally snakeee when he makes time

it's hard to place with her, but not impossible

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
By no means am I saying she isn't good. I just think its hard to place CONSISTENTLY with her because yes, she has to be played perfectly. So if you aren't on the very top of your game one day, just a couple mistakes can cost you. For instance, grabbing is very important vs snake, but once you get to like maybe 90% or so, you pretty much can't afford to risk it because its a free kill if you miss.
But I definitely know you can place with her. I plan on it very soon. I've mained her since day 1 but I've just recently become more active, now that I can finally get some Saturdays off work, and I think I am rapidly improving. I just got 9th in my first out of state tourney a couple weeks ago, beating a falco and 3-stocking a snake in the 6th round. Also, NY/NJ has a lot of the top players right now, but MD/VA is just behind them. Check the results of Kosha Boy. We took both 5ths, both 7ths, and 3/4 9ths if I remember correctly. Actually, takeover, who got 5th, is the guy I play with the most. I did not attend with the 14 man MD/VA crew because apparently work still has the ability to screw me over when they want lol.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Haha, wow. Norad and I have had this very conversation several times and it's true that ZSS and Viper were separated at birth. They're both the "weird" characters of their respective games and have bizarre playstyles; they both have an answer for everything, but none of the answers are the best answers (actually uair is a great answer to everything lol). They're both also probably the worst characters worth playing in their respective games.

I suspect Viper will be buffed up in the new SF4 edition, though, because it would only take a few minor fixes to make her awesome. ZSS would take more work.
also i place decently as well, it seems the only active zss players are nick, fk , and myself, and occasionally snakeee when he makes time

it's hard to place with her, but not impossible
I'm trying to be active, but the reality is that I simply don't have the reflexes and mental dexterity to be a "pro" player and never will. I get regularly one-stocked now by Dark.Pch; he says I'm getting a lot better, but I don't feel like it.

I considered switching to Pit for a while because he's so much easier to play (and potentially much better than commonly thought) but eh. I'll go to more tournaments, I'm just saying it won't matter. :p

noradseven

Smash Lord
I need to go to more tourneys ohh wait thats right I have more fun going to a BB:CT+GG:AC+MB:AA tourney than a smash tourney and I only have so much free time *college grrrrr.

I have been doing as good in BB lately as I have in smash, as soon as I get a freaking stick so I don't have to play on a controller thats not mine at a tourney....I should start placing there hell I got 4th at my first tourney, I should of gotten 2-3rd, 1st was better than me flat out though, and FranktheTank/Zoogstin weren't there either and I know they can both beat me.

edit:
Also ph00t the main problem with both viper and ZSS in realation is that we take damage badly, as ZSS you are going to get gimped below 30% a couple times during a tourney, its like a fact, as viper you will get tiger uppercut into ultra multiple times, or the equivant with many other things, if ZSS was mid weight I would put her in the middle of A.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
A big Guilty Gear tournament is 6 people. Sadly :'(

Seriously, more people should play Guilty Gear. Best competitive game ever. I think its just too technical for American audiences. It makes Marvel versus Capcom look easy, espeically when watching those Japanese players.

noradseven

Smash Lord
A big Guilty Gear tournament is 6 people. Sadly :'(

Seriously, more people should play Guilty Gear. Best competitive game ever. I think its just too technical for American audiences. It makes Marvel versus Capcom look easy, espeically when watching those Japanese players.
We had 8 people :cool: even MBAA had 10 people :(, BB only had like 20ish, SFIV had like 30-40 but nobody actually liked the game and like over 1/2 the players promised to never play in tourney again...for like the 3rd time.

Yeah Matt frank aka frank the tank swept our GG:AC tourney he is one of the top 8 players in the USA, I just picked up the game a few months ago, okay well starting playing against people that is, rather than watching vids and trying combos, he kinda picked random and just ***** my **** :(, everyone else I could at least do something against haha. :urg:

Actually Nc was missing most of its GG/MBAA scene that day homework/tests lol, normally they both get like 14-15 from what I hear. *hint its the same players lol.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Actually missing grab against snake is a free death at 30%, you can punish whiff with f-smash O_o, shady here does that too me :(, true facts DON'T MISS.

I seriously can't even play Guilty gear
Pick sol badguy 214K all day long....beats little brothers so well.

Yeah but seriously that game takes a long time to figure out the yomi layers are mad thick, the combos are mid difficulty but mad specific to each character/situation, which makes it harder.

Its like everytime I get better I just see how big the skill gap is between me and the good players.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Crashic I actually have made a habit of do an AD canceled throw at the start of the match on BF by just falling through the plat, it takes them off guard 75% of the time and is the fastest way to get the suitpieces moving. I've also experimented with SH downthrow instant aerial throw as a mindgame, but it's mostly just flashy

Practically though that tech is great if you can instant throw nades or nanners back. I personally can't do it consistently at all.

As far as placings go, I've been doing better, aka making it out of pools and beating some decent players. I've been pretty busy though so I haven't made it to many tourneys recently, I think there's one this weekend at my school that I'll try and make

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Guilty Gear is one of the best fighters I have ever played (May for the win).
The hardest thing about it is to keep a constant tempo but, once you get that down it really isn't that hard.

Hopefully in SFIV C-Viper will be fixed, I agree completely.

And while I am complete trash with ZSS the one thing that really is hard is her bad grab. Other than that I find her playstyle to be good.

noradseven

Smash Lord
lol **** may....hint Frank mains May :(.

Crashic I actually have made a habit of do an AD canceled throw at the start of the match on BF by just falling through the plat, it takes them off guard 75% of the time and is the fastest way to get the suitpieces moving. I've also experimented with SH downthrow instant aerial throw as a mindgame, but it's mostly just flashy

Practically though that tech is great if you can instant throw nades or nanners back. I personally can't do it consistently at all.

As far as placings go, I've been doing better, aka making it out of pools and beating some decent players. I've been pretty busy though so I haven't made it to many tourneys recently, I think there's one this weekend at my school that I'll try and make
What do you mean by instant throw like pick them out of the air or roll OTG(roll) grab them I mean to fight diddy I seriously just practice against 1 a few rounds otherwise it will be bad. I really don't have too much of a problem with snakes nades even shady's, but they just add another layer of things you can't do and thats whats effective.

I beat decent players all the time including SCs top lineup lol...but the main problem comes from my friends in casuals that play characters that beat ZSS I only have to screw up once and thats p. much it for ZSS.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It is not. Dazwa stopped updating it.
Like I said, if there's anyone interested in taking control of it, PM me. I've been thinking about starting it back up, but I wouldn't do that point system. That was a huge timesink and I'd rather not deal with it >_>

EDIT: Also, there's a new ZSS in New England (although I think he moved here from NY), PatG. Although he seconds Lucario, he's still a really solid ZSS and has been placing better than me lately (with the exception of Mass Madness)

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
(I main May. May is awesome. Go May!)

I never got the point of not throwing the grenades or bananas back. I also have a habit of SH'ing and catching the things and throwing them back.
I can't do any tourneys, to much college work. Not to mention, I am not really a competitive player.

The one bad habit I have is that when I stun someone I dash and then grab totally missing them. Then I get destroyed.
I also DA -> Jab 1 -> Dtilt a lot. It just happens,

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is Lee Martin going ZSS consistently now?
I'd be amazed if Lucario and ZSS ended up being more viable than them both separate.
I'm going to go look at the matchup list for that.

shlike

Smash Ace
Like I said, if there's anyone interested in taking control of it, PM me. I've been thinking about starting it back up, but I wouldn't do that point system. That was a huge timesink and I'd rather not deal with it >_>

EDIT: Also, there's a new ZSS in New England (although I think he moved here from NY), PatG. Although he seconds Lucario, he's still a really solid ZSS and has been placing better than me lately (with the exception of Mass Madness)
yeah the point system kind of made no sense to me

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Is Lee Martin going ZSS consistently now?
I'd be amazed if Lucario and ZSS ended up being more viable than them both separate.
I'm going to go look at the matchup list for that.
Let me know, I wouldn't mind learning Lucario.

Dazwa do you know which matches he uses Lucario/ZSS for? I'm just curious
Not a clue, I haven't seen too many of his matches, but he seems to go straight ZSS in teams with rare switches to Lucario, in singles, I haven't yet discerned a pattern other than the potential "use ZSS until she stops working, switch to Lucario."

yeah the point system kind of made no sense to me
It makes sense, it values points based on size of the tournament you attended, much like Ankoku's list. It just took forever <_<

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its an okay duo. Lucario gains more than ZSS does. Ice Climbers are a better partner for ZSS than Lucario is, taking out the space animals.
I don't really see a charecter who covers the matchups in a way similar to D3 and ICs, where you bascially **** everything on the CP in sight. Just ask Lain and Atomsk.

EDIT-

Makes Snake look like a *****.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Its an okay duo. Lucario gains more than ZSS does. Ice Climbers are a better partner for ZSS than Lucario is, taking out the space animals.
I don't really see a charecter who covers the matchups in a way similar to D3 and ICs, where you bascially **** everything on the CP in sight. Just ask Lain and Atomsk.

EDIT-

Makes Snake look like a *****.
god I would learn them cause I don't find either extremely hard but I hate playing as them so much gahhhhh. No the chaingrabs arn't hard the trip proof ones however kinda are.

solecalibur

Smash Master
With my developing dislike for falco since I picked up ZSS I might just pick up IC's just to deal with falcos since its starting to get to me
(even though I really hate chaingrabs)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
With my developing dislike for falco since I picked up ZSS I might just pick up IC's just to deal with falcos since its starting to get to me
(even though I really hate chaingrabs)
You really hate Falco, you really hate chaingrabs, it evens out in the end.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I started wifi today and Im kind of loving it

I guess I am a bad person for wanting the ganon to approach

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Guess who's back back back
back again-gain-gain
ThreeSided's back back back
tell some men men men

wait wut

I'M! BACK!!! And I'm glad to see that this board is doing so well! But not so happy to see that ZSS's Metagame doesn't appear to have improved at all... Or changed, for that matter. Things are looking pretty stale. =[ If I missed something, tell me. =P

So yeah, I've just been off the scene for a bit.... Junior year of highschool is rough, so I still wont be on as much as I used to be, but I should be around.

So hey guys, how are my Zamus buds doing!?

Zero

Smash Hero
I'm back too :3

Just graduated from high school, been riding the life train for a bit. But I like this place, so I'm gonna be back. I'm doing a little secret project that I'll hopefully compile and finish before the end of the year.

Top Bottom