• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

spedgod

Smash Rookie
Alright, pretty easy question. Friend and I are having issues on a thing.

Are Peach's turnips better than ZSS's armor pieces?

My argument is that Peach can use the turnips all game, compared to ZSS's use for about the first.. minute? IF that.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Well you can look at which is more influential for the character's metagame, in which case it's turnips. However, which would you fear more when you have an opponent with the item in their hand? Most people would say suit piece. You can't really qualify how good the pieces are in that way though because how long they stay out on the field varies from game to game, whereas turnips are constant.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Alright, pretty easy question. Friend and I are having issues on a thing.

Are Peach's turnips better than ZSS's armor pieces?

My argument is that Peach can use the turnips all game, compared to ZSS's use for about the first.. minute? IF that.
Tell your friend that you don't care who has the bigger ***** or in this case better items, but instead be happy with the fact that you both have a bigger ***** or in this case better items than most of the cast.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
So I'm having a tourney at my house this weekend. More like an loln00b tournament, haha. All of my friends who play brawl, only one of which plays competitively like me. Basically, everyone else is going to suck. xD

If anyone is bored and in the area, you're welcome to join in. It's in CT, USA, and will be on Saturday at 1PM. We will also have melee and SSB64. =D AND THERE'S FOOD! So if you're up for some n00b **** and don't mind chilling with kids likely younger than you (average age is about 17) PM me for more information.

Oh, and of course there's no entrance fee for the tournament, since there's no prize. =P Well, other than dignity/pride, or whatever dignity/pride you could possibly get from uberly ****** teenagers in a video game who don't know a Fair from a DA.

Albert.

Smash Master
Bring your body, undressed and yearnin'
Got the candles burnin', baby, I'm determined
Let me go downtown, ****, I wanna have it
Tickle, ride and pat it, your goodness and your savvy
You know I'm gonna answer your request
I'm the one you would finesse till the mornin'

Let me go deep, deep (Deep)

Zero

Smash Hero
Really? Wow. Now I feel the boards are defiled rather than infused with original creative "want to have sex with ZSS"-ness.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So question, if you do a rising nair on, say, battlefield, do you cancel any of the lag or part of nair 2 by platform canceling? Seems like it could be a nice way of making rising nair less cumbersome

Edit: inb4norad"alreadydoit,notthatgood"

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't know exactly where to ask this, but I guess this should be a decent place. Today I was playing ZSS and after my down b i flung backward. It felt just like when you're playing as sonic and you do a spinshot, but it was longer. I'd say it was about 4/5 the length of smashville. It happened twice, but the second one was much bigger. Do you guys know about this?

Btw I'm currently uploading the video (crap quality but you'll get the point) on to youtube.

Edit: Thar she blows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNSp_akjscQ

Moozle

Smash Champion
No it's not a footstool I don't think. For some reason I feel like i remember myself trying roll when this happened. I'm trying to get it to work again atm.

Zero

Smash Hero
You can actually do it off items and non-energy projectiles. It's pretty sweet.

Also off my team mate for the ZSS cannon strategy. (H)

solecalibur

Smash Master
Down b is OP
broke through two nados and 3 shuttleloops (traded hits) in the last 30 seconds of a match vs an MK
that is all

noradseven

Smash Lord
I still don't know how to plat cancel it, or get the super high footstool jump either (yes my nubsauce is showing)
I don't do that **** the other people do but when you do the meaty foot version of it if your sliding off an edge during its landing animation woop canceled.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
2 months left for Pound4 registration to close, so whoever's going, I hope you make it in time. It's ONLINE registration only if you want to play at the tourney, so I suggest you guys to tell everyone you know who may not know, because so far... There's 57 Brawl entrants.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
There will seriously be way more. MD/VA for one is procrastinating like ****. We'll all be there though. We've got like 10 now but it's gonna turn into 50.

noradseven

Smash Lord
2 months left for Pound4 registration to close, so whoever's going, I hope you make it in time. It's ONLINE registration only if you want to play at the tourney, so I suggest you guys to tell everyone you know who may not know, because so far... There's 57 Brawl entrants.
lol 57 seriously we get like a 40 person turn out at local **** all the time...ohh well Im not going to pound 4 Ill be darned if Im not at final round.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This is pretty much in response to the ganon convo that is off topic in the ZS social. Here's a vid of our local (PRed) ganon player. He plays ICs DDD and maybe other chars in tournie but yeah here he is vs our PRed MK (the names on the youtube vid are not correcct btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FefhG04nPw

I'm sure the MK was sandbaggin but this is still crazy **** haha. For the record I beat his ganon

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much in response to the ganon convo that is off topic in the ZS social. Here's a vid of our local (PRed) ganon player. He plays ICs DDD and maybe other chars in tournie but yeah here he is vs our PRed MK (the names on the youtube vid are not correcct btw)

I'm sure the MK was sandbaggin but this is still crazy **** haha. For the record I beat his ganon
That was beautiful.

I will sleep well tonight thanks to that.

noradseven

Smash Lord

That MK was terrible or at least he was sandbagging... I have no idea about how good the guys ganon is from that, he likes j.d-air more than me though, I hate it cause everyone here PS's it then smash attacks, or chain grabs me.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
He's saying fair has 3 hitboxes, one that comes out initially (weak hit), the strong hit, and one that comes out 2 frames after the strong hit.

Bizarre.

Top Bottom