• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Hello ZSS Peeps... I would like to say that you all will have to deal with my presence after pound 4...since I am going to put Kirby on the Bench and Allow ZSS to have some play time...

hehe... now don't hate me like the Kirby boards do...
So this^ is th YbM you guys are talking about.
Welcome :laugh:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
GET OUT! GET OUT YOU DEMONIC PINK PUFFBALL! LEAVE US BE!

*grabs holy water*

THE POWER OF CHOZO COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF CHOZO COMPELS YOU!

*pant, pant...*

Masahiro Sakurai, don't scare me like that! It was hard enough to suppress my own gray puffball from taking over, and you expected me to be able to deal with a kirby *main*? If you hadn't been so willing to cross over, we'd probably all be dead!

Eh, water under the bridge. Welcome, and don't fall back to the cute-puffy side.
uhh don't go searching youtube for "dazwa kirby" then LOL

but yeah, like i mentioned in the player finder thread awhile back, omg its ybm

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hello ZSS Peeps... I would like to say that you all will have to deal with my presence after pound 4...since I am going to put Kirby on the Bench and Allow ZSS to have some play time...

hehe... now don't hate me like the Kirby boards do...
What do you mean like everyone in the Kirby boards hate you? As far as I know, I dislike not a single person from those boards. And you're gonna use ZSS? Niiiiice, it's really gonna help you with Kirby... It's gonna be very awkward with a Wiimote, I've tried it (AND used Kirby with a wiimote+nunchuck as well) and it's too 'uhh' cuz you need to have some super fast reactions and lots of finger dexterity, I assure you! As well as know all the mechanics behind wavebouncing and when to apply it, I swear wavebouncing is so implemented to my ZSS's game that my fingers should be getting arthritis 20 years before my genes kick in. :embarrass

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Anyone at the Courtyard Marriott? I'm with some friends trying to get some brawl practice in.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean like everyone in the Kirby boards hate you? As far as I know, I dislike not a single person from those boards. And you're gonna use ZSS? Niiiiice, it's really gonna help you with Kirby... It's gonna be very awkward with a Wiimote, I've tried it (AND used Kirby with a wiimote+nunchuck as well) and it's too 'uhh' cuz you need to have some super fast reactions and lots of finger dexterity, I assure you! As well as know all the mechanics behind wavebouncing and when to apply it, I swear wavebouncing is so implemented to my ZSS's game that my fingers should be getting arthritis 20 years before my genes kick in. :embarrass

Y.B.M we'd love to have you.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
I just read that quote in its entirety and wish you luck playing ZSS with wiimote.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NNID
Budget_Player
Well... maybe I should make a few notes.

-Infinites, CGs, and the like aren't really wished.
-We have 0.54 hitstun (way above Brawl+)
-We want to avoid the strategy of "just up power and we're good" as much as possible; we like giving characters something unique and quirky.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Like Nick Riddle sad, you should give her insane combo power from the Down Smash. So make so much hitstun that you could use it like 3 or 4 times after each other. Not too broken.
Then let her easily combo out of that.

Forward B is a good spacing tool. Maybe making it even better by reducing the startup lag.
Or make her stun gun as fast as a laser of Falco =p

noradseven

Smash Lord
Guys look at the hitstun rating we can like 0-death people in a million ways already. Crossup dash-lock probably goes till like 30-60% on most characters then regular dash-lock to the edge to like 50-70%, then d-smashx2, jump n-airm, land, jump u-air, jump, delay, up B, f-air(fastfalling), good bye to most the cast, with platforms you can do gayier ****, plus alot more stuff can be done its just becomes a lot more character situation specific.

-We have 0.54 hitstun (way above Brawl+)
congrats you broke her already, also make her jab string safe on shield :D, make her grab at least 8 frames, and make it have a shorter recovery thanks in advance.

As far as something quirky give her n-air dumb hitstun rating and small knockback :D, I want n-air loops, they already partially work in B+, and im sure they are better in B-, but still.

Make our neutral B work like everyone else charge attack where we can charge it and hold it for later.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
But the didn't want to broken stuff, so the will actually have to reduce the hitstun for the downsmash..

And, I'm pretty new on ZSS boards, like, hello =p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Still wanting to know how to edgegaurd space animals without edgehogging....

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Nick Riddle told you already:
D-smash > Footstool > Tether
Also, there are mostly two options as far as I know. When there using Up B, edghog or what Nick Riddle sad will do the job. When there going to Flash, stand in the middle of the stage to punish with the Tether or even down Smash. Altough that is not edguard, I think thats what you wanna find out.

NNID
Budget_Player
Guys look at the hitstun rating we can like 0-death people in a million ways already. Crossup dash-lock probably goes till like 30-60% on most characters then regular dash-lock to the edge to like 50-70%, then d-smashx2, jump n-airm, land, jump u-air, jump, delay, up B, f-air(fastfalling), good bye to most the cast, with platforms you can do gayier ****, plus alot more stuff can be done its just becomes a lot more character situation specific.

congrats you broke her already, also make her jab string safe on shield :D, make her grab at least 8 frames, and make it have a shorter recovery thanks in advance.

As far as something quirky give her n-air dumb hitstun rating and small knockback :D, I want n-air loops, they already partially work in B+, and im sure they are better in B-, but still.

Make our neutral B work like everyone else charge attack where we can charge it and hold it for later.
Meh. Feels too easy. >.> Imagine she wasn't an absolutely ridiculous monster with high hitstun. What would you do then?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
BPC... Make ZSS's dair have IASA frames since frame 1, make her bair semi-spike/spike, her nair have IASA frames at frame 1 (or 2), her grab start at frame 1... Just make her whole moveset's hitboxes start at frame 1, and eliminate all start-up but leave ending lag in there to keep it non-megabrokenlol (unless you want megabrokenlol).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
With the changes you have to Brawl- already, all you really need to make ZSS too good is to make all three grabs much faster, and make dair just a normal sex kick (hit up Yeroc if you want to see a .pac that does the dair well). And make dair auto cancel on a short hop.

That's about it, really. At the settings you have, she should be stupid good to begin with, she'll just suck against shields and have a dumb dair.

Actually, you might not have the space for both the dair and this next idea, but I guess if you don't this is more cool, but make her Paralyzer spammable such that spammed hits do no knockback, but they have two other charge levels, similar to Zero Mission's Paralyzer.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
NNID
Budget_Player
Getting hit resets her down+B count (like Diddy Kong's side+B).

Gives me goosebumps thinking about it.
All right, I'll see if I can figure this out.

With the changes you have to Brawl- already, all you really need to make ZSS too good is to make all three grabs much faster, and make dair just a normal sex kick (hit up Yeroc if you want to see a .pac that does the dair well). And make dair auto cancel on a short hop.

That's about it, really. At the settings you have, she should be stupid good to begin with, she'll just suck against shields and have a dumb dair.

Actually, you might not have the space for both the dair and this next idea, but I guess if you don't this is more cool, but make her Paralyzer spammable such that spammed hits do no knockback, but they have two other charge levels, similar to Zero Mission's Paralyzer.
I'll see if I can do this... Dunno. If all else fails, someone can.

BPC... Make ZSS's dair have IASA frames since frame 1, make her bair semi-spike/spike, her nair have IASA frames at frame 1 (or 2), her grab start at frame 1... Just make her whole moveset's hitboxes start at frame 1, and eliminate all start-up but leave ending lag in there to keep it non-megabrokenlol (unless you want megabrokenlol).
Frame 1 moves are usually very reserved. A frame 1 grab is a joke. I was already going to overcompensate the ****ty grab by making it frame 5 (which is pretty fast) and earlier IASA. frame one everything isn't going to happen. Semispike bair sounds good.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Aaaanyways, (I'm a part of the B- project, taking over these duties for BPC to actually give myself a way to contribute), can you guys think of anything that would be truly unique and stand out? Not just bland buffs, but something that's out there and special?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
OHOHOH. Turn into normal samus without smash ball! And the transformation has full invincibility frames. And double/quadruple the speed of the samus-ZSS transformation. Gives us a chance to bring armor pieces back.

If you guys end up not liking neutral b, you could just scrap it altogether and make neutral b spawn a suit piece.

And if you land Fsmash (on shield or not), you grab them.

Top Bottom