• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I lost to Infern Angelis and Blue Rogue...

Infern uses Snake and Blue Rogue uses Wario....
Both are really good players...
I've heard of Infern, and everybody says he's legit.
Never heard of the Wario, but that MU is weird enough.

Vids?

Xyless

Smash Master
I wish I could get videos of myself with my ZSS. Only people I've played against lately are CPUs except for a smashfest, in which I didn't bring my Wii.

And I'm missing LoLIS (big MI tourney) because I have to go to Chicago this weekend. Mega-:(

I'm convinced my ZSS is at least more legit than my Peach, but I just haven't gotten to use her in tourney setting since I started maining her. Best I'll get is going to Kirk's Smashtasm (amazing smashfest he hosts monthly) today, so I'll be able to test myself against the best of IL...and maybe WI if things go as planned.

EDIT: Infern is mad legitimate. He's probably the best Snake in the MW.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I wish I could get videos of myself with my ZSS. Only people I've played against lately are CPUs except for a smashfest, in which I didn't bring my Wii.

And I'm missing LoLIS (big MI tourney) because I have to go to Chicago this weekend. Mega-:(

I'm convinced my ZSS is at least more legit than my Peach, but I just haven't gotten to use her in tourney setting since I started maining her. Best I'll get is going to Kirk's Smashtasm (amazing smashfest he hosts monthly) today, so I'll be able to test myself against the best of IL...and maybe WI if things go as planned.

EDIT: Infern is mad legitimate. He's probably the best Snake in the MW.
Not Probably, He is the best Snake in the Midwest....And Blue Rogue is the best Wario in the Midwest... He's probably the only Wario that took a game off of Em2k

CO18

Smash Hero
Not Probably, He is the best Snake in the Midwest....And Blue Rogue is the best Wario in the Midwest... He's probably the only Wario that took a game off of Em2k
Fictions beaten M2k in a set and I know Malcolm and Reflex have taken matches off him.
hes not that good vs wario.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Nah, I don't have any Vids.... I seem to always play on the Wiis without the recording...
I should yell louder when I say if you want your match recorded talk to me
Had ZSS dittos last weekend as well, they are messed up with our jabs clashing, needs more zss ditto imo
also the people he lost to *points at his signature*

noradseven

Smash Lord
I see... Yea...Now it's time to make him not good against ZSS...haha
Try to hit wario on that landing recovery and just block evade, don't get ****ing hit by the rest his ****... I actually think wario is a positive matchup. Yeah its a slow and steady match if your not patient your going to lose.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Try to hit wario on that landing recovery and just block evade, don't get ****ing hit by the rest his ****... I actually think wario is a positive matchup. Yeah its a slow and steady match if your not patient your going to lose.
thanks

I tend to be a patient player... Regardless of how long it takes... The next tournament I go to I am going to do really well with her. I have a great feeling. Now I just gotta work on Diddy Kong and Pikachu...

noradseven

Smash Lord
thanks

I tend to be a patient player... Regardless of how long it takes... The next tournament I go to I am going to do really well with her. I have a great feeling. Now I just gotta work on Diddy Kong and Pikachu...
Seriously against wario learn how to shield, walk forward d-tilt just right its in valuable.

Pikachu is somewhat similar to wario in the though process you have to be in, also if they start up Bing around you smack that **** with AAA, or u-tilt, seriously they shouldn't do that ****.

Gor diddy kong play with only tossable items on high with 3 compies against you yeah it will help :D.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Against Wario wall air camp him, wall with fairs and land with uairs. Fierce gave me this advice and it's worked pretty well since I started doing it

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Y.b.M, are you going to Test Your Might?
Yes, I will be there...

Seriously against wario learn how to shield, walk forward d-tilt just right its in valuable.

Pikachu is somewhat similar to wario in the though process you have to be in, also if they start up Bing around you smack that **** with AAA, or u-tilt, seriously they shouldn't do that ****.

Gor diddy kong play with only tossable items on high with 3 compies against you yeah it will help :D.
hahah thats a good idea.. I think I'll practice that once I get off of work...

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
wall with fairs? wtf ****** advice.

keep baiting on midrange till you get an uair in, that's how i work at least, that said, i know the wario mu more then any other mu in the game.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
<Nefarious> does anyone know if we can uair MK out of shield in between dairs?
From the IRC.
Yes we can.

noradseven

Smash Lord
wall with fairs? wtf ****** advice.

keep baiting on midrange till you get an uair in, that's how i work at least, that said, i know the wario mu more then any other mu in the game.
Where did I say f-airs, basically against wario you should just block his **** until he ****s up and can land a u-air or d-tilt on him.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Where did I say f-airs, basically against wario you should just block his **** until he ****s up and can land a u-air or d-tilt on him.
Was replying to norad.

I agree with the strategy except for the fact that you should just block everything, if the wario takes the air to wait for a mistake you make you can use specials, if he doesnt blocking would be best yeah.
I agree

noradseven

Smash Lord
Prepare to be bitten.
Heh I know, if he didn't have bite I would put this matchup in our favor by a good bit, I have watched 0 wario vids where I didn't see the bite coming 90% of the time, because most wario players/smash players in general, always space things the best way possible, this means that you can see the bite coming, most warios will either jump and you and if it seems like they arn't attacking or something, they are going for a bite or are baiting your bite evasion bite is a reactable move like MK up B you gotta be ready for it though. Othertimes they hit your shield with something then bite, also easy like 90% of warios DI away. Other times warios just dash at you and bite, I find this situation to be the trickiest to counter with ZSS, but most warios like to abuse their insane air movement instead so its not too bad.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
He wantd to make Melee a stategic game.
Brawl, and the whole Wii is about Family Fun or something.. So they easyed up all the games.. And added wierd motion controls. And its supposed to be family fun.

I don't really like the wii as a console =/

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have a small favor! :bee:

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could ask the top players in your regions, as well as the TOs who make any tourneys, these questions and PM me the answers whenever you can, please:

TOs: "Would you ban MK if a ban criteria is made and MK is found to fit it afterwards? Or would you ban MK despite the process, as long as the SBR recommends MK be banned?"

Top Players: "Would you be willing, in all truthfulness and all bias aside, to play in MK banned tourneys if MK was to be banned if a ban criteria is made and MK is found to fit it afterwards? What about if MK is banned despite this process, if the SBR recommends MK be banned?"

noradseven

Smash Lord

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could ask the top players in your regions, as well as the TOs who make any tourneys, these questions and PM me the answers whenever you can, please:

TOs: "Would you ban MK if a ban criteria is made and MK is found to fit it afterwards? Or would you ban MK despite the process, as long as the SBR recommends MK be banned?"

Top Players: "Would you be willing, in all truthfulness and all bias aside, to play in MK banned tourneys if MK was to be banned if a ban criteria is made and MK is found to fit it afterwards? What about if MK is banned despite this process, if the SBR recommends MK be banned?"
The only reason I would want MK banned is cause ****ing 1/3 of the people main him, then again if he was banned we would see the same thing but with snake soo....

solecalibur

Smash Master
^^^ nooo snake has counters and more would play d3 thus making my life a whole lot easier

I'll get on that

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey guys...

... ZSS dropped below Pit and TL, and moved over Kirby. Opinions? She's like, #15 or something now.

Top Bottom